CLAYTON COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
Environmental Health Specialist II December 2016 to- August 2018
• Implement and execute Environmental Health and Safety procedures and policies of the Georgia Department of Environmental Health. Provide Technical Assistance and ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements and standards.
• Inspect Food Service Establishments in accordance with the FDA Food Code. Provide daily educational training for unsatisfactory food facility inspections. Conduct investigations of possible food-borne illness outbreaks in conjunction with the Department of Epidemiology. Institute appropriate enforcement actions for violated health and safety regulations. Conduct follow-up inspections and investigations as necessary.
• Inspect Tourist Accommodations for compliance with health and safety regulations. Conduct quality assurance inspections in accordance with local ordinances. Investigate complaints with regards to vector control, sanitary conditions, water supply and refuse. Ensure paintings, walls, ceilings and floors are in good repair.
• Inspect Public and Commercial Swimming Pools to determine pool safety. Provide education and training on pool safety and use. Review records to ensure proper operation, pool use, and issue permits.
• Inspect Body Art establishments and Septic Systems in accordance with the Georgia Environmental and Public Health codes and regulations.
• Enter all inspections, complaints, and relevant documentation into the Digital Health Department database. Provide documentations, Technical Assistance, and feedback to facilities and responsible persons.
• Assess risks, security, and potential safety hazards of all aspects of an establishment including review of management and employee health policies.
• Review and approve building site plans for renovations and new constructions for Food Service, Tourist Accommodations, Swimming Pools and Body Art Establishments in line with the Georgia Department of Public Health Rules and Regulations. Review and approve business plans and business models, and issue permits.
• Conduct routine and mandatory facility inspections, proactively identify and eliminate risks and unsafe conditions at facilities.
• Attend Trainings and seminars to keep abreast with new Georgia Department of Public Health policies, laws and regulations.
- Environmental Health Specialist II at CLAYTON COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
- Graduate Research Assistant at FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
- Medical Assistant and Research Coordinator at DR. OSH FOOT AND LEG CLINIC
- Technical Officer, Clinical Services, South-South Zonal Office at Family Health International
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Health - Environmental Health
- Bachelors of Medicine - Bachelor of Surgery
Perform environmental health inspections for a county health department
● Provide environmental health education and technical assistance to the public, regulated community, and officials
● Responsible for office duties within the environmental health section that includes telephone conversations and person-to-person contacts
● Interprets Local, State, and Federal environmental health laws and regulations
- Environmental Health Specialist at Newton County Environmental Health
- Seasonal Environmental Health Specialist at DeKalb County Board of Health
- Research Assistant at Environmental Sciences Department
2 years at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in BiologyStatesboro - BiologyStatesboro
• Under supervision, assists in performing inspections, interviews, and technical reviews for an environmental health program in a public health department.
• Assists in investigating complaints and recommending enforcement action as necessary.
- Environmental Health Specialist I at Georgia Dept. of Public Health/Hall County Environmental Health Department
- Public Works Intern at CITY OF OAK RIDGE, Oak Ridge
- at OTTER CREEK LANDSCAPING CO LLC IN KNOXVILLE
- On-Site Worker at WILLOW CREEK LANDSCAPING CO
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Geology/Environmental Sciences
- High School Diploma
A registered sanitarian with the state of Arizona performing professional field inspections and plan review functions in compliance with and relating to environmental health and public health sanitation codes.
• Conduct routine, and complaint based investigations of businesses for compliance with environmental health regulations
• Provide education regarding environmental health regulations, and safe food handling practices
• Document and evaluate inspection data in accordance with compliance and violations using proprietary software
• Travel to inspection sites, and uses varies testing equipment
- Environmental Health Specialist at MARICOPA COUNTY ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- Wildlife Telemetry Systems Coordinator at TELONICS, INC
- Intern at SOUTHWEST WILDLIFE CONSERVATION CENTER
2 years at this Job
- B.S. in Biological Sciences - Conservation Biology & Ecological Sustainability
- A.S. in Math - Math/Science
Perform environmental health related activities, including, but not limited to, independent food service inspections/evaluations, plan reviews, permitting, hotel inspections, pool and spa inspections, rabies investigations, and follow-up of general environmental complaints (insects, rodents, other vectors, mold, sanitation). Responsible for developing materials, teaching and educating the public on food safety and rabies. Daily interactions with the general public, nurses, doctors and health officials when investigating communicable diseases or conducting inspections. Provide complete documentation of all program activities by accurate and timely entry of data into the State Environmental Health Database.
- Environmental Health Specialist at Virginia Department of Health
- Senior Industrial Hygiene Technician at Marine Chemist Service, Inc.
- Project Manager/EMS and Sustainability at Straughan Environmental, Inc
- Environmental Technician at Industrial Hygiene
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Environmental Science
- Bachelor's - Environmental Studies
• Performs complex health risk assessment in one or more health project areas, using appropriate testing instruments and equipment. Performs routine and emergency sampling and testing of water and food.
• Provides consultation for owners of business or industry concerning applicable environmental regulations and assists in developing plans for abatement and compliance.
• Promotes a variety of environmental health issues to consumers, community organizations, State and Federal agencies and industry. May speak at public meetings.
• Enforces compliance of facilities requiring corrective action by reinspecting, writing violation letters and initiating legal action.
• Investigates consumer complaints and accidents involving hazardous substances. Initiates enforcement of laws and regulations.
• Writes routine reports. Keeps accurate logs and records.
- Environmental Health Specialist II at Delaware Health and Social Services
- Supervisor at Army, Air Force, Exchange Service (AAFES), (DOD)
- Auditor at Bevinco
- Environmental Project Manager at Compliance Environmental Inc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
Performed routine health inspections, interviews and technical reviews and recommends enforcement actions as needed. Investigated complaints and provides environmental health education and technical assistance to the general public, regulated community and officials.
- Environmental Health Specialist at Coastal Health District
- Office Manager at Richmond Hill Swim Club/ Perfect Pools
- Sanitarian Trainee at
- Mosquito Abatement Field Representative at
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
• Assure that business owners comply with all local, state and federal environmental health regulations
• Conduct food safety inspections of permanent and temporary food establishments
• Communicate and establish relationships with locals to promote public health ◦ Work with Grant County Building Department to ensure potable water for new structures which will have plumbing
• Review and inspect new septic systems to ensure proper treatment and disposal of waste water to protect local drinking water and the environment
- Environmental Health Specialist at Grant County Health District
- Healthcare volunteer at Swedish COPE Scholars
- Lifeguard at Lynnwood Recreation Center
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
• Inspect properties in order to maintain adequate sanitation and public health.
• Collaborate daily with citizens to ensure the promotion of health and safety in the community.
• Conduct surveys to evaluate the environmental health status for Marion County neighborhoods.
• Enforce health/code regulations on unsafe properties.
- Senior Environmental Health Specialist at Marion County Public Health Department
- Hospital Safety Consultant at Marion County Public Health Department
- Environmental Health & Safety Intern at Navistar International Corporation
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Safety Management
- Bachelor of Science - Occupational Health
- Bachelor's - Environmental Health
• Interprets and enforces Local, State and Federal environmental health laws and regulations.
• ServSafe certification
• Provides investigational, inspectional and technical assistance and consultation concerning retail food safety and related areas.
• Serves as a technical authority providing advice to officials within and outside the agency on Federal food service health code regulations
• Evaluates retail food safety programs and make conclusions and recommendations concerning their effectiveness and for program improvement.
• Provides consultation and guidance to retail food professionals on Food Code interpretations, industry management training programs, and studies and research impacting retail food protection, etc.
• Conducts data collection activities in institutional foodservice, restaurant, and retail food establishments as necessary to complete studies on the occurrence of foodborne illness risk factors
• Assists in the implementation of county and statewide programs for compliance, monitoring, enforcement and corrective action in conjunction with environmental health laws, rules and regulations
• May serve as compliance officer and liaison between Public Health agencies and facilities, municipalities, institutions, organizations, county, and state agencies
• Identifies and analyzes public health issues and their impact on operations
- Environmental Health Specialist II at Gwinnett County Health Department
- Certified Dental Assistant at Chickasaw Nation Industries
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. in Public Health - Public Health
- M.S. in Health Education and Promotion - Health Education and Promotion