2012 - 2017
Public Health Agency that protects Nevadans' health through leadership and enforcement of laws and regulations.
Environmental Health Specialist III
Protect public health by upholding state health, safety, and environmental legislation, and while assessing development applications; as well as during inspections of private and public facilities such as retail, wholesale, mobile food establishments and vendors, public schools, drug and cosmetic plants, recreational vehicle parks, county and city jails, labor camps, public bathing places, spas, and onsite septic systems.
• Excel in assessing construction and renovation applications to ensure they comply with Nevada State Health Division environment and safety legislation.
• Achieved subject matter expert status in public health, safety, and environmental practice through seventeen years as an Environmental Health Specialist and five years professional medical technology experience.
- Environmental Health Specialist III at Nevada State Health Division
- Environmental Health Specialist II at Southern Nevada Health District
- Specialty Technologist at RAINBOW MEDICAL CENTER
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology - Applied Biology
- Associate of General Studies - Registered Environmental Health Specialist
Fellowship August 2018 - Present * I conduct the reviews of HL7 messages for the National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (NNDSS) and Modernization Initiative (NMI) Team to help on board jurisdictions/states to send health related cases to Message Validation and Provisioning System (MVPS). When errors and warnings arise in the messaging database, I conduct analysis and troubleshoot to formulate solutions. * Assists with Surveillance activities for Opioid overdose crisis and ensuring that jurisdictions have a clear understanding of the performance and outcome measures. Also I assist in entering in data to Research Electronic Data Capture Red CAP provided by the jurisdictions for monitoring purposes. Environmental Health Specialist (intern)
- Environmental Health Specialist (intern) at Health Informatics and Surveillance Branch
- at Atlanta Community Food Bank
- at Atlanta Community Food Bank
- at Mercer Masters of Public Health Association
7 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Health - Biostatistics
- Bachelor of Science - Project Management
• Evaluate health, safety and sanitation practices of food service facilities, hotels, childcare centers, public swimming pools, residential care (nursing homes and ndependent living facilities) and school buildings: o 138 Food service facilities o 4 Hotels o 16 Childcare Centers o 13 Public Swimming Pools o 9 Residential Care Facilities o 6 School Buildings
• Perform general office duties
• Utilize Sharepoints to review policies and procedures
• Maintain calendar and schedule the inspection of 13 public swimming pools, 9 residential care homes, and 10 tattoo shops
• Coordinate inspection priorities
• Assist with records request, schedule testing and receive payments
• Create requisition for failing septic systems and well water sampling
• Create reports, educational materials and task lists
• Interface with the Digital Health Department Management System
• Manage time and prioritize inspections around meetings and administrative tasks Accomplishment: Successfully passed the NC Registered Environmental Health Specialist Exam and received favorable performance reviews with merit increases
- Environmental Health Specialist at Wake County Environmental Services
- Environmental Health Specialist Trainee at Howard County Health Department
- Food Safety Specialist II at Everclean
- Environmental Sanitarian II at West Hartford Bloomfield Health District
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Public Health
Lead Inspector/ Risk Assessor/ Healthy Homes Specialist
Marion County Public Health Department
• Currently planning and developing a health promotion program for children's environmental health initiative for lead department.
• Wrote health promotion program to lower 30 day hospital readmission for seniors.
• Promote healthy habits and practices in outreach materials and presentations.
• Develop and design outreach materials to increase public engagement.
• Improved community outreach/ door to door activities.
• Met yearly 10% increase in property inspection goal.
• Increased property compliance by at least 5% yearly.
- Environmental Health Specialist at Marion County Public Health Department
10 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
San Jose, CA
Department of Environmental Health
Registered Environmental Health Specialist
• Conduct high level food safety & structural performance based inspections at full service & quick service restaurants utilizing CA Retail Food Code (CRFC 2018).
• Investigate epidemiological & violation complaints employing FDA high risk standardized inspections. o Conduct ingredient & operational trace back to isolate root source.
• Educate operators & food handlers in food safety principles & set compliance expectations. Achievements
• Active Registered Environmental Health Specialist License (REHS) by California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
• Developed & tested electronic inspection reporting utilizing Envision Connect & Envision Connect Remote software.
• NRFSP Food Safety Manager Certification ~ Exp. March 2020 ~ Score 98%
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist at County of Santa Clara
- Associate Manager / Quality Assurance at Jamba Juice
- Quality Assurance/Food Safety Coordinator at Genji, Inc
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Culinary Art
- B.S - Bio Chemistry
• Under supervision, assists in performing inspections, interviews, and technical reviews for an environmental health program in a public health department.
• Assists in investigating complaints and recommending enforcement action as necessary.
- Environmental Health Specialist I at Georgia Dept. of Public Health/Hall County Environmental Health Department
- Public Works Intern at CITY OF OAK RIDGE, Oak Ridge
- at OTTER CREEK LANDSCAPING CO LLC IN KNOXVILLE
- On-Site Worker at WILLOW CREEK LANDSCAPING CO
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Geology/Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Services
• Worked with contractor weekly to collect landfill flare data, operation data, Soil Vapor Extraction data and conducted any necessary maintenance for Los Angeles Landfill.
• Conducted monthly, quarterly and weekly landfill management duties with contractor.
• Conducted inspections of closed landfills while using equipment to detect for any generated methane gas.
• Conducted groundwater sampling near, and on, various closed landfills for groundwater quality.
• Assisted manager when applicable on reports and the collection of data for reporting.
• Used gas chromatograph to investigate closed landfills for the presence of chlorinated solvents.
- Environmental Health Specialist II at City of Albuquerque, Environmental Health Department
- Environmental Health & Safety Tech III at University of New Mexico
- Environmental Scientist at TRC Environmental Solutions, LLC
- Environmentally Health & Safety Technician at Oso Biopharmaceuticals, LLC
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science - Environmental Science
Georgia food safety standard officer
• Serv-safe certification
• Perform Environmental Health Inspections for Tourist Accommodations, Restaurants and Swimming Pools.
• Recommend enforcement action as needed.
• Investigate complaints, issue permits and provide Environmental Health Education on Food Safety Laws and Regulations to the general public.
- Environmental Health Specialist at Fulton County Department of Health Services
- Scientist at Department of Natural Resources
- Quality Analyst at Kraft Nabisco
- Quality Manager Representative Coordinator at Baxter Healthcare
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Biology
- courses completed graduated biochemistry,microbiology,molecular biology ,immunology - Microbiology, immunology graduate courses completed.
Conduct environmental health inspections, investigations, and enforcement of Federal, State and County public health laws pertaining to food establishments, illegal/unpermitted food vendors, and single family and multifamily housing in the South Los Angeles area. ✦ Complete thorough reports of areas in violation, providing directives and recommendations for improvement. ✦ Investigate complaints concerning foodborne illness, communicable disease, general food-related complaints from the public, and housing complaints both for single-family and multifamily dwellings. ✦ Conduct specialized technical inspections and investigations to prevent and control consumer fraud. ✦ Meet with all relevant parties to discuss correction of deficiencies and to obtain compliance through appropriate enforcement actions. ✦ Initiate and participate in prosecution of environmental health cases of non-compliance ✦ Facilitate the district office in various administrative duties, as needed and/or requested.
- Environmental Health Specialist at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Private Veterinary Practice
- Livestock Services Consultant at The United Nations
11 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Agriculture and Food Security and Preparedness
- - BIOLOGICAL
- DHS - Aniston
- - New Millennium
- - Law
- - Swimming Pool Chemistry and Recirculation Systems
- Masters in Management - Business Management
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - Veterinary Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology - Marine Biology
- - Biomedical Research & Training
• Conduct independent environmental health & safety (EHS) inspections on risk based principles/assessments
• Review, permit, and inspect engineer designs, soil samples, and completed systems for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems.
• Create working relationships with customers for continuous improvement, issue resolution, and problem-solving
• Maintain general working knowledge of current and applicable regulatory requirements
• Create and manage related records & documents to monitor program effectiveness
• Generate detailed inspection reports
- Environmental Health Specialist at Weld County Dept. of Health
- Environmental Health Specialist II at Larimer County Dept. of Health
- Registered Sanitarian I at Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County (PHDMC)
- Sanitarian In Training at Greene County Combined Health District (GCCHD)
1 year at this Job