Performed comprehensive environmental/asbestos testing with a NVLAP certified laboratory for a variety of clients, including engineering/environmental firms, construction personnel/contractors, and homeowners. Ensured all materials and supplies adhered to environmental regulations, air standards, and government laws (federal, state, and local). Highlighted Environmental Science Achievements and Responsibilities § Conducted Environmental/Asbestos Fiber Testing and Analysis in Compliance with EPA/600/R-93/116 – NIST to ensure bulk building materials provided by clients met regulatory and industry standards, including Section 112 Clean Air Act of 1970, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), EPA/NEPA statutes, the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), and local/state regulations (Oregon Department of Environmental Quality and Lane Regional Air Protection Agency/LRAPA). § Obtained Certification as an Asbestos Fiber Analyst in Bulk Building Materials with the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). § Trusted to Prepare and Sign Reports/Results on Environmental/Asbestos Testing as a result of a superior work ethic, expertise in environmental testing, professional integrity, and ethics. § Recognized for Consistently Achieving Accuracy Rates of 98%+ in Environmental and Asbestos Testing and exceeding performance benchmarks through both internal and third-party quality audits. § Successfully Completed Environmental Testing on 100+ Samples over a weekend to meet an ambitious deadline. § Cultivated and Grew Intelligence, Knowledge, and Expertise on Environmental Laws (federal/state/local) and Asbestos Regulations in regard to environmental health, environmental inspections, and sampling. LabCor Eugene, Inc., Continued Highlighted Business Operational and Leadership Achievements and Responsibilities § Met Deadlines in a Rapid-Paced Environment by prioritizing activities and remaining flexible and available to work overtime/additional hours as needed to respond to increases in work volumes, client rush orders, and staff shortages. § Adhered to all OSHA/Organizational HSE Regulations (health, safety, and environmental) to mitigate risks. § Assisted in the Rewrite/Update of the Environmental Testing Training Program to mirror updates in regulatory mandates (EPA) and industry standards while empowering new members of the organization to rapidly gain certifications. § Expanded Market Share/Visibility, Increased Sales Revenues/Clients, Promoted a Positive Image for the Organization, and Improved Customer Satisfaction Rates. Highlights included: o Solely Planned a High-Profile Event that Marketed the Environmental Testing Laboratory to Target Audiences. The event was organized while concurrently completing daily environmental responsibilities and attracted 17,000 homeowners and 750+ businesses. o Initiated and Fostered Trusting Partnerships with Clients (Engineers, Project Managers, Environmental Surveyors, Abatement Contractors, Homeowners, and Government Officials) as a chosen representative of the organization. § Organized the Entire Laboratory Relocation to a New and Larger Facility Across the City. Researched available properties, built alliances with landlord and brokers, assisted in negotiations, planned all logistics to move phone lines, internet, Google address/location, and furniture, updated listings in both print/digital mediums (including Google maps), marketing materials, and legal documents, and safely transported all samples to the new facility.
- Asbestos and Environmental Lab Technician at Lab Cor Eugene, Inc.
- Environmental Outreach Associate at 3Degrees Inc
- Environmental Interpreter at The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment
9 months at this Job
- BS - Physical Geography Minor in Geology
- - Geography
- High School Diploma
· Conduct organic extractions of environmental water and soil samples both foreign and domestic · Analyzing or preparing samples in an efficient and organized manner, using approved Pace Analytical procedures · Preparing reagents and standards · Keeping logbooks up-to-date, keep lab clean, disposing of samples and chemicals · Assisting other lab personnel with analysis, data checking and approval, and handling simple calculations · Attending company and divisional meetings · Providing maintenance of stock reagent and lab supplies Working on special projects and method development
- Environmental Lab Technician at Pace Analytical
- Logistics Team Member at Target
- Crew Member at Firehouse Subs
1 year at this Job
- Associate - AA
Responsible for material testing
• Keep accurate data for clients
• Obtain field samples for testing
- Environmental Lab Technician at Shannon and Wilson Engineering
- Commercial Roofing Inspector at Terracon Engineering
1 year at this Job
- - Technology and Design
- Environmental Lab Technician at Analytical Services, Inc
- Assembly Room Technician at Keystone Powdered Metal
- Driver/Cook at Fox's Pizza
- Bartender at The Hideout
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies - Non-profit Management
Correct documentation and incubation of samples collected Biological testing and data management Inventory supply management for autoclaving Maintain interdepartmental communications
- Environmental Lab Technician at Pfizer Inc.
- EM Lab tech at Manpower Pfizer
- CMA/CNA at Eaglecrest Retirement Community
- Cosmetologist at Christina salon
10 months at this Job
- Associate - Nursing/agriculture
- Associate - Cosmetology
- Certificate - CNA/CMA
• Extract, Concentrate, Quantitate and Analyze different samples of soil, aqueous, sludge, oil and other matrices.
• Closely follow laboratory safety precautions.
• Receive and organize samples by order received.
- Environmental Lab Technician at Precision Testing Laboratory
- Part Time Teller at TD Bank
- Retail Associate & Night Loader at Kline Brother's Landscaping
- Supervisor at Hoy's 5
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Environmental Science
- High school - General Education
• Performed stress testing on automotive parts using environmental chambers augmented with pneumatic apparatuses.
• Executed testing in four chambers concurrently, facilitating smooth transitions between runs.
• Communicated directly with client engineering teams to troubleshoot, document, and refine testing on non compliant parts.
• Rapidly integrated into a pre-established team to supplement coverage in a rotating testing environment and learned to adhere to numerous standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Environmental Lab Technician (contracted at HUF NORTH AMERICA
- QA Technician (contracted at ABSOPURE BOTTLING CO
- Server at CHAMPPS ENTERTAINMENT, INC
1 month at this Job
- Associate of General Science - General Science
Supervisor: Daniel Bowen Duties: Environmental Testing of water and soil samples including but not limited to: BOD/CBOD, TSS, E COLI, ENTERO, FECAL, LAND APS, LEAD & COPPER, TDS, TS, ALKALINITIES, AMMONIAS, ETC Currently working on The Texas Beach Watch Program. All testing is done to meet all specific federal and state regulations. All testing is to required to meet company wide Q&A standards within federal guidelines. This position requires strict ethical fortitude.
- Environmental Lab Technician at Eastex Environmental Lab
- Executive Assistant at TESTSMARTRX
- General Mgr at Simply Sinful Boutique
- General Mgr at Crystal's Bistro
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Carry-out sampling and analyses of water reclamation plant samples for process control and NPDES permit requirements - Conduct sampling across several matrices including surface water, groundwater, and raw/ treated wastewater - Set up, calibrate, and operate a variety of laboratory equipment and instruments - Prepare and preserve samples for transport, storage, and laboratory testing following chain of custody procedures - Produce standard chemical solutions, reagents and bacteriological media - Enter laboratory data into LIMS for further analysis and reporting purposes - Wash, clean, and sterilize glassware and working areas - Review and revise standard operating procedures for TNI certification compliance
- Environmental Lab Technician at Los Angeles County Sanitation District
- Team Leader at CPK Moving & Storage
- Senior Merchandiser at The Sports Authority
- GM Clerk at Vons
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Environmental Science and Resource Management
Analyze solid and liquid samples. Reading back and recording data. Everyday lab work such as cleaning and washing dishes.
- Environmental Lab Technician at Ream & Haager Laboratory
3 years, 9 months at this Job