* Supervised a fellow employee, planned and implemented a federal grant work plan, developed and maintained long and short term goals using capacity indicators to ensure the best outcome for our efforts * Organized the work plan for use as a capacity building strategy designed to assemble and inform our local community about environmental issues and ways that they can contribute and be part of the solution
- Environmental Planner at
- Administrative Assistant at
- GED Instructor at
1 month at this Job
- Bachelors - Liberal Arts
Perform protocol level surveys for state and federally listed species, ensure CEQA and NEPA compliance for transportation projects, write technical environmental documents, coordinate with outside consultants and various state and federal agencies, inspection of work sites for compliance with permits.
- Environmental Planner at Natural Science
- Research Assistant at
- at University Housing and Dining Services, Oregon State University
- Student at OSU's Hatfield Marine Sciences Center
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Environmental Science
- BS - Business
• Completed Grant Applications for multiple municipalities for Texas Parks and Wildlife, Texas Water Development Board, and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Funds.
• Planning and Permitting under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Section 404/401 of the Clean Water Act.
• Wetland and Stream Delineations in accordance with USACE protocols for multiple commercial development, transportation, and energy projects across Texas.
• Environmental Assessments including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments.
• Experience with water sampling, soil sampling, and other field work.
• Proficient in the use of ArcGIS and survey-grade GPS equipment.
• Received training in wetland construction, stream restoration, and freshwater mussel identification.
- Environmental Planner at Raba-Kistner, Inc
- Graduate Research Assistant at UTSA Center for Urban Planning Research
- Korean Linguist at U.S. Air Force
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters of Sciences in Urban and Regional Planning - planning, environmental planning
- Bachelor of Sciences - Environmental Science
- Certificate in Korean Language Studies
• Serve as SWCA's Clean Water Act compliance subject matter expert for the Southwest region's operations
• Routinely coordinate tasks and correspondence among different internal and external stakeholders
- Environmental Planner at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Scientist at HDR, Inc
- Intelligence Analyst, Non-Commissioned Officer at Nebraska Army National Guard
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master's in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Studies
In my position as an Associate Environmental Planner my responsibilities include processing permits, determining level of environmental document is necessary for a project. Preparing NEPA documents and equivalent state documents such as CEQA. Submit permits to state and federal agencies. Researching and analyzing land use issues. Conduct environmental assessments to fulfill NEPA and state environmental requirements. Consult with public, private, and partner agencies to determine information for Community Impact Assessment reports. Review and analyze environmental memos and technical independently, or in coordination with others to assess environmental impact and ensure regulatory compliance. Review project planning reports and documents to ensure consistency and compliance with environmental regulations. Explain and clarifying environmental policies and standards with resource agencies, the public, and stakeholders. Evaluate projects with other staff for environmental impacts, compare alternatives and ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations and standards. Directing and reviewing the work of external environmental consultants (e.g. scientist, engineers, environmental specialists) to ensure compliance with departmental standards and environmental laws. Develop measures to avoid, mitigate, and mitigate environmental impacts. Review and interpreting data from resource maps, plans, and GIS to analyze the presence of environmental resources. Perform field reviews to determine existing potential environmental resources and potential project impacts. Knowledge of State and Federal environmental laws, regulations, policies and the associated processes required in developing projects. Knowledge of scoping, public involvement, and notice requirements. Knowledge of techniques and methods used to evaluate project environmental impacts to compare alternatives and comply with environmental laws, regulations and standards. Ability to interpret and review engineering plans and specifications. Ability to write and prepare environmental technical reports (e.g. Community Impact Analysis, Cumulative Impacts), correspondence and other written materials that meet federal and State documentation standards. All Caltrans projects are subjected to multiple levels of Environmental testing, from Air Quality, Green House Gas Emissions (construction), Hazardous Waste, Storm water, Water Quality, and many more. It is my job to receive a project description and determine the level of environmental impact as well as order the specific studies that will need to be done per the needs of a project. If it is a project that will make a lot of noise, I will have a sound study done depending on if there are sensitive receptors with in the area of impact such as children, schools, the elderly or environmental justice areas. The level of oversight has been mainly in house where I have a project from creation, through the environmental clearance phase where I have assisted in the designing on the project to avoid any environmental impacts or impacts the public would find controversial. Then I would have that project through the design (engineering phase) where if it lives up to all environmental commitments and requirements I would give it an Environmental Certification and then the project can be constructed. Such works applicable would include: Categorical Exemption/Exclusions, Air Quality Conformity Findings Checklist, Initial Studies, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Impact Study, Environmental Assessments, Finding of No Significant Impact, Biological Assessment, Natural Environment Study, Natural Environment Study (Minimal Impact), 401 Permit, 404 Permit, and Incidental Take Permits.
- Associate Environmental Planner at Caltrans Division
- Environmental Planner Range- C at Caltrans
- Docent at Sacramento Splash
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BS in Environmental Studies - Environmental Studies
• Study Preliminary Environmental Studies (PES) forms for in order to see if a local agency's project is eligible for federal funding
• Draft memos for biological/archaeological studies when needed for construction projects
• Do field assignments to have a first-hand look of the environment and how the project will affect it
- Environmental Planner Intern at Caltrans
- Science Tutor at Think Together
- Environmental Planner Intern at Caltrans
- Seasonal Sales Associate at Macy's
7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Biology
• Assisting in the set-up of community development departments in small and medium-sized municipalities. Work includes current and long-range planning and design with a focus on natural resource management.
• Longest assignment: Durant, Oklahoma. o Currently serving as Community Development Director and City Planner. o Overseeing five employees in the fields of building inspection, code enforcement, GIS and grant writing. o Heading communication with community task forces and executing Durant's Comprehensive Plan Update.
• Updated Guymon Comprehensive Plan for Guymon, Oklahoma: o Facilitated meetings with Council and public meetings to document the needs and wants of the community. This included public workshops to determine vision, goals, objectives, principles and policies of the document; forums to edit the document and an open house. o Single-handedly presented the document to Planning Commission for recommendation for approval and to City Council for approval.
• Facilitated pre-development review and plan review and presented to Planning Commission on re-zoning requests, to Board of Adjustments for variance requests and to City Council on various planning and zoning issues.
• Collaborated on new code language (Land Use, Zoning, Subdivision, etc.) for Bethany, Oklahoma, and a template for a Unified Development Code for small and medium-sized communities.
- ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER AND DESIGNER at Institute for Building Technology and Safety
- VIRTUAL STUDENT FOREIGN SERVICE INTERN at Department of State
- GRADUATE ASSISTANT at The University of Georgia - College
- done through hand renderings, Word, and Adobe products at The University of Georgia - College
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Environmental Planning & Design - Environmental Planning & Design
- Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies - Architectural Studies
Conducted environmental research and documentation, reviewed city municipal code and engineering site plans. Prepared environmental reviews for Housing Urban Development (HUD) projects and CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) Mitigated Negative Declaration documentation. Was held responsible for the preparation, coordination, review, and submittal of multiple permits.
- Environmental Planner Intern at GEPermit
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Environmental Engineering
Jacobs Engineering CH2M HILL AECOM (PD Consultants) ENSR Consulting and Engineering EBASCO Environmental Services (Envirosphere) California Energy Commission Jet Propulsion Laboratory/NASA Consumers Power Company
- Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager at Jacobs Engineering
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Zoology
- Principal Environmental Planner at Stantec Consulting
- Principal Environmental Scientist at
- Associate Ecologist at H. T. Harvey & Associates Ecological Consultants
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Wildlife Conservation
- M.S. - Wildlife Science
- B.S. - Wildlife Science