• Conducted environmental inspections at a variety of regulated facilities to determine compliance with Federal Environmental Regulations. Required extensive knowledge and understanding of Federal and State Environmental Regulations.
• Conducted extensive research and analysis relative to facility process, environmental justice concerns, economic data, population and other pertinent information to aide in on-site environmental inspection
• Obtained evidence (both written and physical, which included information from on-site visual inspections as well as review of facility and State records), this involved determining sampling locations, sampling criteria, collection of the actual samples, labeling and recordkeeping to meet sampling standards, packaging of samples for shipment to the lab.
• Oversight and directing contractors involved with on-site inspections
• Prepared a variety of legal documents in the development of enforcement actions against facilities who did not meet the requirements of Federal of State Environmental Regulations. Served as the technical expert in meetings or pre-hearing briefings on enforcement cases that I developed.
• A professional, confident and cooperative attitude was essential in this position, in order to ensure a good working relationship with the State and Local government entities as well as with facility personnel to achieve compliance with Federal regulations.
• Required monthly travel to Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico and Arkansas. Skills Used analysis, research, cooperative and confident attitude, professional, ability to work independently and as a team member, ability to achieve agency mission while still maintaining a good working relationship with state and local governmental entities as well as regulated entities, comprehension and working knowledge of various intricate Federal and State regulations, ability to work in the field among potentially dangerous and life threatening situations.
- Environmental Protection Specialist at United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Captain, Rescue and Recovery Tech at Texas Rescue and Recovery, Wildland VFD
- Co-Owner/Operator at Pet Pantry
- Emergency Medical Technician at Central Ambulance Service
27 years at this Job
- - Mid-Management
- - Academic
US Navy: Naval Station Everett, Everett WA. March 1994-2008, 2014-2018
Naval Air Station, Sigonella, Italy. March 2008-2014
Environmental Protection Specialist
• Environmental Waterfront Supervisor:
• Executed and performed waterfront inspections to ensure policies, standards and regulatory requirements were met.
• Monitored facility storm water controls and site conditions of waterfront work areas.
• Environmental point of contact to assess, reconcile and provide direction to correct compliance discrepancies.
• Recorded pollution incidents, developed data collection reports, developed corrective action plans to close deficiencies utilizing excel spread sheets and word documents for review.
• Project Oversight:
• Ascertained applicability of local storm and waste water permit applications for US and Foreign shore facilities.
• Authenticated analytical requirements and verified sample results provided from facility, vessels and contracted activities for waste disposal determination.
• Assigned Ship Project Lead for vessels requiring environmental oversight to ensure petroleum transfers, sanitary hook up and potable water lines met shipboard and facility specifications.
• Performed environmental oversight for facility and shore side vessels. Ensured and verified proper internal vessel piping line up for internal tank transfer evolutions of oily waste, fuel and other petroleum products had been initiated.
• Revised and updated Standard Operating Procedures for Emergency Spill Response, Vessel Transfers, data collection and record management.
• Environmental Program Management:
• Performed fifteen years plus environmental program(s) management of facility and vessel transfer systems, petroleum product(s) transfers, Spill Response, Drinking Water systems, Storm Water pollution prevention and applied applicable regulatory requirements for facility and shore side vessels.
• Conducted environmental inspections for US and European shore facilities.
• Reviewed projects for environmental compliance, accuracy and completeness. Assigned and reviewed an excess of 500 submitted projects.
• Submitted budget requirements for assigned programs, ensured new regulatory requirements or changing regulations were incorporated and execution budget issues or budget shortfalls identified.
• Ensured required monitoring and sampling of waste water effluents were conducted and verified compliant with local, state and federal regulations.
• Responsible for conducting monthly facility wide environmental compliance audits.
• Designated as the point of contact for communicating, coordinating and providing correspondence to US NAVY Command Staff, local, state and federal regulatory agencies and their representatives regarding environmental incidents involving Clean Water Act issues.
• Performed proper analysis of contaminates in accordance with standard protocols. Interpret analytical results of effluent samples from vessels and from Industrial Pretreatment Facility, Storm Water discharges and Hazardous Substance spills. Resolved problems dealing with pollutant releases from vessels, water, soil, and groundwater source pollution.
• ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Program Manager.
• Spill Response:
• Designated Spill Response Qualified Individual as per Regional Command and certification and designated Environmental On-Scene Incident Commander.
• Responded, investigated cause and assessed spill scenario to determine responsibility, performed root cause investigation, provided written reports to Command Staff and regulatory agencies.
• Reviewed, revised and updated applicable facility plans.
• Develop and Provide Environmental Training:
• Developed and provided specific environmental requirement training utilizing Power Point presentations, group discussions and personalized consultations for shipboard staff, enlisted military, facility civilian and contractor personnel.
• Environmental Regulations for Clean Water Act, Toxic Substance Control Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
• EPA Sampling for Compliance
• EPA Storm Water Pollution Prevention
• EPA Phase II Storm Water
• EPA Inspector and Auditing
• Washington State
• Water Works
• Backflow Assembly
• National Incident Command Systems
• Incident Command 100/300/400
• Incident Command Incident Action Planning
• Water Borne Facility
• National Incident Management Systems IS-700/800
• Spill Response, Assessment and Recovery
• Coastal Oil Spill Response; Texas AM, Galveston TX.
• Shoreline Clean up Supervision and Monitoring
• Hazardous Substance Incident Response Management
• Environmental Background Analysis
• Environmental Negotiations
• ISO 14001 Environmental Quality Assessment Auditing
- Environmental Protection Specialist at US Navy
4 years at this Job
• Classified the eligible damage caused by a disaster, documenting the extent and type of damage, determining the scope of work to repair the damage, developing a cost estimate for the repair and reviewing project worksheet.
• Formulated the project worksheet (PW) clear and concise reports for grant processing, and be able to develop mitigation opportunities to help avoid repetitive damage in according to federal and state regulation, laws and policies. Encouraged the partnerships with FEMA, State and applicant.
• Maintain and apply knowledge of Environmental Laws and EOS as related to Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, and related disaster assistance laws.
• Provides program oversight and expert technical assistance on recovery planning and community development related to environmental policies, principles, and procedures. Conducts site visits representing the state/local agency or as a member of a negotiation team.
• Coordinated with FEMA and State Environmental agencies on all environmental issues and historic guidance.
• Independently performs technical work of a high degree of difficulty requiring the exercise of originality, initiative, and practical judgment in the application and adaptation of standardized engineering techniques and methods.
• Coordinated, supervised, and collected environmental reviews and preparing memoranda of Understanding (MOU), programmatic agreements, and correspondence with applicants, programs, and resource agencies including US Fish and Wildlife or US Army Corps of EngineersCoordinating and completing environmental reviews and historic preparing.
• Analyzed and evaluates selected project applications and/or project worksheet, supporting documentation, and federal agency inspection reports for accuracy and compliance with applicable FEMA policies and procedures.
• Evaluated federal projects for compliance with Environmental Laws and EOs including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) National Historic Act (NH), Executive Order 11990 Floodplains, Executive Order 11988 Wetlands, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Farmland Protection Policy Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Coastal Barrier Resources Act, Coastal Zone Management Act, Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act, Magnuson-Stevens Conservation and Management Act, Wild Scenic Rivers Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, as well as local laws for Puerto Rico.
• Analyzed electronic documents and research discrepancies to ensure data integrity in the Pubic Assistance’s EMMIE and Grants Manager systems.
• Support the FEMA mission by assisting with training, mentoring and orientation to new Local Hires on all EHP procedures.
• Conduct and take part in Kickoff meetings, Applicant meetings, Managers meetings, Site Visits, and transformed other critical activities on the disaster
- Environmental Protection Specialist (EHP) at FEMA/DHS
- Environmental Specialist at AbbVie LTD
- Operations Supervisor at Bard Puerto Rico
- Environmental, Health and Safety Technician at Bard Puerto Rico
10 months at this Job
- M.S. - Environmental Management
- B.S. - Biology
GS-0028-09 Directs all Environmental Compliance Programs related to Hazardous Waste, Air Quality Sampling, Drinking Water Analysis, Dental Waterline Sample Collecting, Asbestos and Lead surveying and sampling for both campuses within VANIHCS. Collects and analyzes multiple water samples monthly at both campuses and uses them to prepare the Monthly Water Quality Analysis Report and presents it to the Water Safety Committee along with the Quarterly Dental Waterline Sampling and Legionella Testing results. Manages and accountable for the Hazardous Waste programs for VANIHCS which includes planning and negotiating with multiple external Hazardous Waste companies for services. Performs weekly inspections of all Satellite Accumulation Areas and the Hazardous Waste Storage Area. Responsible for maintaining all Hazardous Waste Manifests ensuring compliance with all RCRA and Department of Transportation policies and regulations. As a member of the Environment of Care Team, I perform weekly inspections for both hospitals ensuring the six functional areas of Safety, Security, HazMat and Hazardous Waste, Fire Safety, Medical Equipment and Utilities are being maintained per Joint Commission and Veterans Health Administration Policies and documenting any deficiencies observed and ensuring each is entered into the Maximo work order system to be corrected. Assists in the management of the VANIHCS Safety Program, including conducting safety related training activities, hazardous site surveys, fire drills, investigating safety hazards and incidents, documenting and reporting any findings and training employees on safe working practices. Performs weekly/monthly inspections of all Emergency Eye Wash Stations, Showers and AED's ensuring all units are operating per manufacturers specifications. Accountable for preparing the annual Tier 2 and Hazardous Waste Manifest Reports for submission to the Indiana Department of Environmental Management as required by State and Local regulations. Ensures the Spill Prevention and Countermeasure Plan is kept current due to changing operational/construction activities at VANIHCS. I also train all oil handling employees on proper Personal Protective Equipment and the management of oil/fuel spills. Manages the Respiratory Protection Program for more than 300 employees at both campuses and 4 Community Based Outreach Clinics across Northern Indiana utilizing the Porta Count Pro Plus quantitative fit testing equipment. Represents the Environmental Health and Safety Department during the monthly New Employee Orientation class, presenting a variety of OSHA, Safety, Fire Prevention and Environmental Health topics. My efforts were recently recognized by the Director of VANIHCS for exceptional performance during the Triennial Environmental Audit by Booz Allen Hamilton. And after receiving two Partner for Change Practice Green Health Awards from CleanMed for the North and South Campuses.
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST at Veterans Administration, Northern Indiana Health Care System
- ADVANCED MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT GS-06 at Veterans Administration, Northern Indiana Health Care System
- FULL TIME SUBSTITUTE TEACHER at Marion Community Schools
- SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST at Commonwealth of Virginia Health Department
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Industrial Safety Consultants
- - Hour Course-Talent Management System
- Bachelor of Science - Health Sciences and Healthcare Administration
Served as the Environmental Planning/Historic Preservation Program Manager for FLETC sites in GA, SC, MD, and NM. Team leader for all environmental compliance issues. Interact regularly with internal customers and Federal/State regulators. Represent FLETC on the Department of Homeland Security's Environmental Planning/Historic Preservation Committee.
- Lead Environmental Protection Specialist at Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
- Chemist at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Alaska District
- Chemist at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Alaska District
- Chemist at U. S. Army Public Health Center
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Industrial Hygiene
- B.S. - Chemistry
• Handling of HAZMAT waste for collection, transporting and proper disposal of throughout the shipyard.
• Ensure programs are not compromised by release or improper control of hazardous material/waste through the Clean Water Act (CWA) and the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
• Enforce regulations such as Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Department of Transportation (DOT), THE Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) and the Commonwealth of Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations. (VHWMR)
• Serve as a primary contact with Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO) to identify, containerize, storage as well as execute hazardous material and recycle material to assigned destinations.
• Inspect waste generation sites determining and post boundaries, provide necessary spill kits and or other spill measures.
• Implement environmental programs that reduce corporate liability and increases EPA compliance.
• Conduct weekly inventory of bulk containers assigned to various projects, shops and codes.
• Provide assistance regarding characterization, cleanup and sorting of materials received and forwarding them to the appropriate departments.
- Environmental Protection Specialist at Department of Transportation
- Engine and Pump Operator at
- Laborer at Job Readiness Cell
- General Clerk III at Alutiiq, LLC
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Prepare weekly reports on facility and storage tanks. Monitor and inventory supplies. Knowledge of environmental procedures, methods and their applications to comply with state, federal and local regulations plus all DOT regulations. Ability to communicate technical information regarding regulations to individuals and groups both within and outside of work. Skills and abilities to supervise others in approach and completion of tasks and assignments. Ability to follow instructions and written directives and implement same. Responded to customer requests via telephone and email. Supported Facility Manager with daily operational functions. Copied, logged and scanned supporting documentation.
- Environmental Protection Specialist II at Stericycle
- routing supervisor and dispatcher at general electric
- Shipping Receiving Clerk at kmart
26 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school - General
Provide environmental and historic preservation compliance technical assistance to FEMA disaster recovery program staff. As an expert in Environmental policy, my daily duties involve being the Senior Environmental Historic Preservation specialist coordinating with PA (Public Assistance) staff and field EHP to identify and resolve any potential issues that may arise when it comes to compliance and regulations. Ensures that FEMA disaster program activities captured in Project Worksheets (PWs) receive the appropriate level of environmental review as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), Coastal Barrier Resources Act (CBRA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA), Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act (FWCA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Executive Orders: 11988, 11990, and 12898 in support of the Regional Environmental Officer (REO) and the Public Assistance (PA) grant program Ensured EHP compliance is understood and incorporated as appropriate into project worksheets (PWs) and Scopes of Work (SOWs) as they are developed by the Public Assistance team at the CRC. Strong communication skills and ability to develop guidance, procedures, and recommendations for EHP operations and compliance at the CRC to ensure that the PA Program's objectives and priorities are met on a daily basis. Maintain a strong understanding of EHP compliance requirements and the EHP review process and is a good communicator who can build trust relationships with the CRC leadership team and Regional and National EHP leaders to identify and resolve compliance Environmental and historic preservation risks. Able to conduct the principles of emergency management and disaster recovery operations and a working knowledge of disaster assistance program operations as related to EHP compliance requirements and Federal policies and procedures. Set priorities and quarterly and annual goals in accordance with CRC priorities and objectives to better develop as a EHP expert. Developed educational materials and guidance training to cross-train PA staff at the CRC (non-EHP practitioners) on environmental compliance and best practices. Maintain Strong and Effective decision making skills, analytical, critical thinking, organizational and problem solving skills including having an expert knowledge of EHP compliance requirements and the EHP review process. Maintaining a working knowledge with the following EHP compliance areas: National Environmental Policy Act, Executive Orders 11988, 11990, and 12898, the Endangered Species Act compliance, and/or the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Senior Environmental Protection Specialist -Public Assistance Liaison at United States Department of Homeland Security
- Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist, Information Systems at American Energy Partners
- Land Technician at Continental Resources, Inc
- Research Analyst- Academic Institutional Research at University of Central Oklahoma
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science degree - Industrial Safety Engineering
- Bachelor of Science degree - Biology and Sociology
• Review and evaluate compliance programs for mammography operations, personnel qualifications, detailed operating and safety procedures, quality assurance procedures and analysis of technical reports from medical physicists in order to ensure facility is in compliance with the State of Texas & FDA Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) for licensing and/or accreditation purposes
• Issue new, provisional or amended State of Texas & MQSA certified certificates based on operational regulatory compliance
• Participates in enforcement compliance hearings
• Policy modification and development
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST III at Texas Department of State Health Services
- CARDIAC CATH LAB DIRECTOR & ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL IMAGING at LITTLE RIVER HEALTHCARE
- Lead Care Associate at The Summit at Lakeway
1 year at this Job
- MASTER OF HEALTH ADMINISTRATION - LEADERSHIP SPECIALIZATION
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - MEDICAL IMAGING SCIENCES
- CERTIFICATE - LIMITED MEDICAL RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY
- Environmental Protection Specialist at UTMB-Galveston Campus
- Environmental Scientist III at AECOM,INC -Site Environmental Compliance
- Waste Technician at Bechtel
- Hazardous Waste Shipping Specialist at AECOM,INC-formerly URS Corporation
4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Biology