Environmental Services Supervisor in charge of 19 employees which encompass building services, house
keeping, floor care, and laundry.
• Direct the maintenance department as needed.
• Control inventory by managing and ordering all supplies for the above-mentioned departments while adhering to monthly and yearly budgets.
• Manage and coordinate bi-weekly schedules.
• Process payroll for the department.
• Interview and hire new employees and administer portions of the newly hired orientation.
• Track, control and process manifests records for bio-hazardous waste (Stericycle).
• Customer service for up to 139 residents to ensure their quality of life.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Sanctuary at St Mary's
- Environmental Operations and Maintenance Technician at ATC Group Services
- Journeyman Pipefitter at West Michigan Plumbers & Pipefitters Union
- Environmental Technician III at Shaw Group, Inc
2 years, 3 months at this Job
Environmental Services Supervisor duties include training and ensuring hospital is presentable at all times. Schedule and oversee all floor work inspecting patient rooms , set up rooms for patient admit. Ordering of supplies, Payroll and scheduling including discipline of staff. Ambassador to patients assigned by administration.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Kindred Healthcare
- Supervisor of Support Services at Medical City of Fort Worth
- Supervisor operating room sterilization at Kemtex
- Sanitation at Capstone Logistics
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing daily and project cleaning, carpet and hard surface floor care, waste disposal, and moving services to ensure a clean, safe, and sanitary environment. The supervisor collaborates with others to achieve GHS' strategic mission and goals by being a guide at the side, managing daily operations of their area of responsibility and are expected to: 1) demonstrate superior quality and safety through the eyes of patients and caregivers; 2) demonstrate superior service through the eyes of patients and colleagues; 3) attract, develop, and retain a talented and engaged workforce; 4) achieve programmatic growth. The supervisor has a responsibility to advocate change in their area of responsibility processes and systems to ensure optimal, cost effective health care delivery. The individual facilitates the resolution of clinical, staff, and policy issues. The supervisor oversees the adherence to policy, as well as makes recommendations for changes to AOR staff and leadership. The supervisor coaches, monitors, and documents staff performance, makes recommendations for compensation strategy and promotion for their AOR. The supervisor is specifically responsible for Organizational Strategy and Implementation, Fiscal Management, Human Resource Management, Excellence in Service and Clinical Quality, and Organizational Leadership
- ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR at GUNDERSEN HEALTH SYSTEM
- TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at AUTHENTICOM
- SUMMER OVERNIGHT CLEANER at LA CROSSE VET CLINIC
- HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER at THE CHARMANT HOTEL
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
9300 Campus Point Drive
La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-1300 Position: Environmental Services Supervisor/Manager
• Training new employees, complete inspections, inventories, interviewing new hires, and schedule assignments
• Administers policies, procedures and programs to improve operational performance.
• Organize/prioritizes work loads between the facility and hospitals needs.
• Attends EOC rounds/Attends meetings, Safety committee and others to ensure we are working effectively in our department and with others.
• Performs annual evaluations, coaches and counsels staff. Imposes the disciplinary action when necessary.
• Monitors the par level purchasing program. Works within a weekly monthly budget. Weekly inspections of patient rooms, operating rooms.
• Inspects required preventive maintenance with all equipment/developed a training program to ensure the department will be more productive.
• Conducts day to day operation of departmental and implements technical training programs for custodial employees.
• Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Manages all project work to ensure that work is performed at expert level.
• Ability to read, write, communicate and follow oral and written instructions to achieve goals, objectives and set priorities and manage conflicting demands
• Assigns staff to special projects as needed, oversees completion and motivates staff to support the customer's needs
• Communicates with patients, respects the dignity, privacy and values of all individuals
• Ensures maintenance of required record keeping
• Supports department on wide array of decisions, works effectively with others and provides timely feedback to help others in improving performance
• Works effectively under pressure to meet goals and objectives
• Schedules 45 to 50 employees monthly
• Understand safety and emergency preparedness, awareness of infection control, bio-hazard, blood borne pathogens and emergency guidelines
• Possess strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, and manage conflicting demands
• Excellent communication skills, ability to maintain strict confidentiality, good judgment and discretion
• Meets with Environmental Services staff regularly in order to review policies and procedures; continually seek ways to improve established practices
• Provides assistance for a full range of personnel and labor relations activities including recruitment, hiring, evaluating and disciplining
- Environmental Services Supervisor/Manager at UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
- Correctional Officer at R.J. DONOVAN CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- AA - Psychology
I was hired as an Environmental Services Representative to maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the hospital. My responsibilities included basic cleaning skills, dusting, mopping, vacuuming etc., but due to the environment of which I worked it was imperative that each area be sanitized to maintain a safe, healthy, and healing environment for the patients and their families. As of December 1st, 2014 I was promoted to an EVS Team Lead position. In this position it was my job to train new employees and to pick up the slack where ever it is needed. Whether a co-worker or a supervisor was absent it was my job to ensure that the shift ran smoothly and all of our responsibilities were taken care of. On May 3rd, 2015 I was promoted to an EVS Supervisor position. At first I was the full time supervisor at Covenant Women's and Children's. During my time as full time supervisor there I was responsible for scheduling, the overall cleanliness of the hospital, special projects, and served as a resource to the staff. In addition I was assigned the task of taking the team back to the basics and to build the team back up to the standard of excellence expected of our department. After successfully turning the team around, I was moved to Covenant Medical Center full time. My primary responsibilities are scheduling, inspecting the cleanliness of specific areas, Department Orientation for all new team members, as well as organizing quarterly training sessions for our department. I have also been the head of a few special projects; for example, structuring and implementing a new leadership responsibilities program and also structuring and implementing a training ambassador program.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Covenant Health
- house team member at Covenant Health
- Sales Associate at BTan
- Brand Ambassador at Loft Outlet
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- - attendance
As a environmental services manager in a long term health care facility, with a staff of 10+, I am responsible for the daily cleaning of 120 rooms and common areas, resident and facility laundry services, floor care, payroll, maintaining a sufficient stock of supplies, purchasing supplies per management budget, staffing per management budget, scheduling, staff discipline, responsible for repairs on equipment, responsible for staff education, maintaining high quality customer service with nursing staff and administration and especially resolving the concerns and meeting the needs of the residents of the facility.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at HCSG
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Assist the Director of Environmental Services in giving direction, motivation and guidance to 30 plus associates in the department to accomplish established standards and meet customer satisfaction
• Conduct quality improvement inspections of 1,500 bed facility to ensure quality and satisfaction levels are meeting and/or exceeding expectations
• Assist in project management operations by providing administrative oversight, monitoring and redesigning logistical protocol and managing material distribution system for non-clinical and clinical procedures.
• Revitalize assignment sheets, reporting procedures, and inventory control by increasing department productivity by 10%.
• Coordinate environmental responsibilities through implementing floor care plans and infection control protocols to meet goals and ensure a clean and safe environment
• Participate in achieving hospital accreditation in accordance with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JACHO)
- Environmental Services Supervisor at ABM at Yale New Haven Hospital
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Compass One at Hartford Healthcare
- Heavy Equipment Manager at Marine Corps
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Plannned, organized, directed, coordinated and supervised functions and activities of the department. Ensured the department operates within federal, state and local regulations. Pay roll, budget, training new staff, yearly staff evaluation Entensive experience in Supervision, training, performance review, and monitoring of environmental services staff Solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry management techniques, principles, and practices Profound knowledge of principles, practices and procedures related to environmental services Familiarity with linen services and environmental equipments Sound knowledge of hazardous waste disposal and emergency management Proficient in Sanitation procedures and infection control, Astute ability to provide a clean safe environments Excellent time management skills Held regular meetings to discuss operational information and procedures updates Assistant with the performance of internal quality assurance audits Ensure that all state and federal safety regulations were followed Maintained optimal stock levels and ordered suppliers Implemented and updated cleaning and sanitation procedures. Screened applicants and provided hiring recommendations. Adept at efficiently administering Environmental services and identifying potential health and safety risks.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Life Space Communities
- Environmental Services Supervisor at
- Advisor Team - Location at Florida USA
- Advisor Team - Location at Christopher House of Worcester
7 years, 1 month at this Job
• Ensures all Environmental Services QA standards are met for all general maintenance, Environmental Services, and linen requirements in assigned work area.
• Inspects assigned areas daily, maintains accurate records of all work performed submits daily reports to Manager on project and routine work status.
• Writes all maintenance work orders for assigned area and coordinates work with the Facilities Services Department. Ensures work has been completed. Submits second requests as needed. Reports any problems to Manager promptly.
• Ensures staff are knowledgeable and competent to perform duties by providing orientation, training, continuing education as reflected in departmental policies and records.
• Completes all annual staff performance appraisal forms, delivers to Manager by due date. Meets with staff members on an ongoing basis to review performance and provide feedback, guidance and instruction needed.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Crozer-Keystone Health System - Crozer Chester Medical Center
- Operations Manager- Environmental Services at Crozer-Keystone Health System - Taylor Hospital
- Environmental Services Supervisor at Crozer-Keystone Health System - Crozer Chester Medical Center
- Manager at Confidence Management Systems / Immaculate Mary Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare
6 months at this Job
Duties: The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate department tasks related to payroll, scheduling, ordering supplies, tracking inventory, and all other duties necessary to ensure successful organization in the Environmental Services department. Responsibilities: Facilitate the involvement and success of all co-workers by utilizing individual strengths and providing appropriate input including goal setting so that each person can reach their highest individual potential. Communicates pertinent information in a timely manner to all involved in the delivery of care to the residents of UZRC. Observe and interpret the policies and procedures when indicated, making decisions as appropriate toward the overall success of the organization. Assures adequate staffing for all shifts of accountability, makes decisions on hiring and discipline. Demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills addressing crisis situations in a manner that promotes positive outcomes for all persons involved. Coordinate new protocols to improve ES procedures. Creates and maintains schedules for all Environmental Services (ES) team members that reflect PTO, weekends scheduled, days off, holidays, etc. Updates weekend and holiday rotation schedules.
- Environmental Services Supervisor at United Zion Retirement Community
- Teller 1 at Metro Bank
- Shift manager at Little Caesars Pizza
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Technology Center