IT Healthcare Technology Trainer - Newtown Provide education, training and support of a technical nature for staff, physicians and end-users of various EHR/healthcare technology systems support the clinical environment. Credentialed Jefferson EPIC trainer- July 2019 to present
- Credentialed Jefferson EPIC trainer at Mercer Bucks Cardiology
- Office Manager at Pheasant Run/ Arrhythmia Institute, Newtown
- Office Manager at Arrhythmia Institute, Newtown
- at MERCER-BUCKS CARDIOLOGY
2 months at this Job
- - Science and Nursing
• Credentialed Epic Trainer responsible for training Epic application modules to Centura hospital staff in the Colorado and Kansas region.
• Expert in ADT and Grand Central modules.
• Proficient in Cadence modules.
• Advises on Epic curriculum and tailors material to class size and ability; extensive training in teaching technical material.
- Credentialed Epic Trainer at Optimum Healthcare IT
- Patient Access Representative at UC Health
- Operations Manager at STARTEK
- Operations Manager at Convergys Corporation
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Chemistry - Biology and Italian
- Associate of Science
Provide support for Epic Ambulatory Clinical team for primary care and specialty practices.
• Support end-user Go-Live by providing on site support. Working on Immediate issues and escalating appropriate issues.
• Provide issue resolution and updates while working with EPIC team to make appropriate changes to training materials. Facilitated department walk through w/scenario based exercises for end-users.
• Educate physicians and clinical staff in using (EHR) as well as their preference list.
- Epic Trainer at Super User
- Medical Assistant III at Super User
- Lab Technician/Medical Assistant III at Piedmont Medical Care Corporation
- Medical Assistant/ Back Office Coordinator / Physician Scheduler at Piedmont Medical
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Management/Nursing Program
- - Medical
As the Lead Ambulatory trainer I was responsible for recruiting and training a diverse community of physicians, medical assistants and various personnel. I also was responsible for creating training materials, handouts, and developing training curriculum for various projects. I successfully trained MD's to the basic and advanced navigations of Epic. I used the Adult Learning Theory(Andragogy) and The Six Principles of adult learning to properly ascertain the adult learners' attention. During training, the end users were instructed on how to complete documenting an office visit, set up preference lists and build smart phrases. The providers also learned how to order medication, labs,and place referrals and complete progress and procedure notes. I provided one on one training to those whom are slowly progressing. I updated quick start guides and provided elbow to elbow support when needed. In addition, I updated share point material to assist learners after class. I updated attendance and provided answers to classroom questions. I made sure that learners were taught how to provide specialized training to our elderly community. I coordinated and created schedules. I also trained Medical Assistants to the basic and advanced front office duties, such as: collecting co-pays, HIPAA compliance, scheduling appointments, insurance verification and communicating via Epic My Chart.
- Lead Epic Trainer at Alliance Medical Center
- Lead Epic Trainer/MA Front Desk Trainer and recruiter at Alliance Medical Center
- Trainer/Support at Hoag Hospital Newport Beach Ca
- Epic Trainer at Well Space Medical Center
10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
- Diploma - Medical
Training front desk employees for doctors office staff on epic system Training hospital admission/registration on epic system
Training front desk employees for doctors office staff on epic system
Training hospital admission/registration on epic system
- Epic Trainer at Travers Consulting
- Sales Associate at Zeal Boutique
- Care Coordinator at MD Mobile Care
- Office Manager/Human Resources at J. P Williams Machine and Fabrication
2 months at this Job
Practice Operations Assistant
• Clinical data entry
• Schedule and prior authorizations for procedures
• Manage and distribute calendars, resident coordination,
• Schedule and verify insurance for CPG Physiatry patients
• Resident Coordination
• Keep track of personnel files EPIC Trainer Super User
• Assist with department and usability testing of assigned Epic applications
• Maintain a detailed understanding of Epic to maximize the benefits of the electronic medical record (EMR) for work flows in your department.
• Work with the training or optimization team to communicate with and educate end users about upgrade functionality and changes in standard workflows or best practices.
• Assist with testing and review of Epic upgrades
• Lead and reinforce optimized application use, along with the training or optimization team and department leaders.
- Practice Operations Assistant/Epic Trainer Super User at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Bed Control Coordinator PRN at Piedmont Hospital
- Unit Secretary at Northside Hospital
- Patient Care Technician at Medical Center of Central Georgia
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and Technology - Health Information Management and Technology
• Delivered in-classroom instruction and competency testing on applications of the Epic systems to Super and End Users.
• Maintained the readiness of training rooms.
• Implemented go-live elbow support during the activation periods.
• generated Data reports on training sessions and Quality Assurance.
- RN Epic Trainer (Contract) at Boston Medical Center
- Senior Clinical Quality RN at United Healthcare
- RN MMQ Coordinator at Meadow View Center
- RN HEDIS Reviewer (contract) at Commonwealth Care Alliance
5 months at this Job
- M. Ed Candidate
I am currently the Revenue Cycle Epic Training Coordinator for a multi-specialty group practice. I am responsible for training and educating new hires and provide additional training to current care team members. I develop and maintain training materials and ensure continuous improvement. I am also cross-trained on Kronos Time Management for staff and providers, keying invoices, reimbursements, and expense reports for the accounting department. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of medical office operations including billing, coding and collections, revenue cycle, training and management, appointment scheduling, and medical records maintenance. I am extremely efficient, organized and resourceful. I am flexible and I am able to function well in a fast-paced environment. I possess great interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities, strong decision making skills, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
I am currently the Revenue Cycle Epic Training Coordinator for a multi-specialty group practice. I am responsible for training and educating new hires and provide additional training to current care team members. I develop and maintain training materials and ensure continuous improvement. I am also cross-trained on Kronos Time Management for staff and providers, keying invoices, reimbursements, and expense reports for the accounting department.
I am knowledgeable in all aspects of medical office operations including billing, coding and collections, revenue cycle, training and management, appointment scheduling, and medical records maintenance. I am extremely efficient, organized and resourceful. I am flexible and I am able to function well in a fast-paced environment. I possess great interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities, strong decision making skills, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Revenue Cycle Epic Trainer at MUSC Health Ambulatory Services, formerly Lancaster Clinic Corporation
- Office Manager at Lancaster Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine/Lancaster Clinic Corporation
- Long Term Care Claims Examiner at Kanawha Insurance/a KMG America Company
- OCR Clerk at Blue Cross Blue Shield / Tricare for Life
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- None - Introduction to Administration of a Medical Office
- None - Medical Terminology
- High school or equivalent
- None - Certified Nursing Assistant
Credentialed Epic Trainer
Credentialed Epic Trainer
- Credentialed Epic Trainer at Univ. of Mass Medical Center
- Credentialed Epic Trainer Software Trainer at University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Credentialed Epic Trainer at Select Specialty Hospital
- Credentialed Epic Software Trainer at Select Specialty Hospital
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - PHYSICAL THERAPY
• Understand the different types of medical insurance, e.g., government and non-government.
• Understand key terms, e.g., co-pay, deductible, HMO, PPO, ACO, HIPA A, capitation.
• Understand how to read EOBs including how to interpret what has been paid, denied and what is patient responsibility
• Understanding the law and the obligations on individuals who utilize Protected Health Information.
• Understand the universal bill format, the different data fields, what they mean
• Knowledge of the internal bill terms, e.g., DRG, Claim Edits, National Provider Numbers.
• Appropriate verbal statements that may be used in attempting collections. Interjections. Confirming commitments
• Understand ICD-10 codes and Medical Terminology
• Epic Training (Customer Service, Revenue Cycle) currently have taught 6 training classes within Wellstar SBO Customer Service.
• Trained new employees, Created training manuals on Revenue cycle, procedure, policies, payments, Customer Service Etiquette, and how to be customer service driven. Trained new employees on EPIC and also produce productive refresher classes for the older Wellstar employees.
• Trained current Conifer leads for their current positions
• Productivity of Cash Collections:219,467.56 1 yr 5 months
• Promoted to a team lead managing 10-15 team members
• Quality Assurance for Customer Service. QA calls of representatives that hit their 30 day mark from my training to see if they understand their jobs or do they need refresher class.
• Knowledge of Cadence, and Grand Central PAS training
• Understand Policies and Retype Policies and Procedures for the Revenue cycle.
• Working Towards becoming Credentialed EPIC Trainer
• Working on CRCR Certification
- Team Lead / Epic Trainer (Customer Service) at WellStar Health System
- Patient Service Specialist (Customer Service) at Resurgens Orthopedics
- Scheduler Specialist at
- Front Office Specialist at Endocrinologist
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Education