Contractor), Atlanta, Georgia March 2017 - present
Epidemiologist (GS-13) (40 hours/week)
• Served as the point of contact for Nigeria-based activities for a $2.5M countrywide initiative with the Ministry of Health, CDC-Nigeria, and interested stakeholders to incorporate population mobility in national public health surveillance activities and health systems strengthening
• Led analyses for intra-agency and joint projects with international stakeholders using mixed methods and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for epidemiologic studies
• Provided technical assistance at the national and local level for implementing partners on data collection, qualitative data analysis, and conducting field-based projects
• Contributed in the development of a toolkit to aid in-country partners incorporating border health security in their administration of public health programs, including a manual of operations for program activities and standardization of protocols
• Collaborated with five-person team to win competitive, agency-wide Innovation Fund (iFund) grant for $25,000 for the development of mobile GIS technology for implementing partners
• Created data visualizations for Division of Global Migration and Quarantine project on air connectivity between U.S and African points-of-entry
• Provided subject matter expertise on analytic plans, data management, and data visualization
• Submitted projects and proposals for eClearance and Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval
- Epidemiologist at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Visiting Instructor, Department of Geography and Geographic Information Systems at University of Cincinnati
- Research Scientist at ZAMBART
- Instructor/Teaching Assistant, Department of Geography at State University of New York-University at Buffalo
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- PhD - Geography
- Graduate Certificate - Field Epidemiology
- MA - Medical Anthropology
- MA - Asian Studies
- BA (Honors - International Studies
I worked as an Epidemiologist, and I was responsible for researching and collecting data on the health disparities in Clayton County. I updated and maintained the database for the country. My study was able to increase the participation of expecting teen mothers by 15%; in seeking early medical treatment to prevent infant mortaluty.
- Epidemiologist at Clayton County Board of Health
- Epidemiologist at Carolinas Medical Center
4 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Health
• Acting, TB Control and Prevention Unit-CCDPH (2014-2015)/ Nurse Epidemiologist:.
• Management and coordination of the 3 TB unit clinical sites.
• Responsibilities include direct supervision of Nursing and support staff, development, implementation, and assessment of quality assurance initiatives including appropriate, customer service, and development of protocols.
• Maintain clinic schedules and staffing to ensure safe patient care and compliance with established protocols and policies.
• Establish and monitor inventory of supplies including pharmaceutical to ensure efficient and optimal care delivery to the patients.
• Implement and maintenance of infection control practices.
- Nurse Epidemiologist at Cook County Department of Public Health
- Family Nurse Practitioner-parttime at EMSI/SIGNIFY
- Clinical Adjunct Instructor at Malcom X College
- Nurse Epidemiologist at Cook County Department of Public Health
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Postgraduate Certificate - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Health Care Administration - Health Care Administration
- Postgraduate certificate in Nurse-Midwifery - Nurse-Midwifery
- MSc - Nursing
- BSc - Nursing
- Epidemiologist at Texas Department of State Health Services
- Senior Programmer at Brandeis University
- Volunteer Data Analyst at Mystic River Watershed Association
- Lead SAS programmer at National Office for Research on Measurement and Evaluation Systems (NORMES)
2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Statistics
- B.A. - Mathematics
Investigate reportable diseases Conduct interviews Participate in high-impact county outbreak planning
- Epidemiologist at Florida Department of Health
- Provider Service Associate at Healthfirst
- Health Policy Analyst at University of Miami Hospital
- Personal Assistant at Jinja Studios
1 month at this Job
- Master's in Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor's in Health Science - Senior Research
Oversaw management of communicable diseases, ensured 21 counties/72 facilities abided by regulatory standards to prevent/ control outbreaks and protect 9 million residents.
• Planned, developed and implemented presentations to 500+ local health personnel concerning detection, reporting, prevention and control of communicable diseases.
• Initiated program overhaul, recognized flaw in current protocol, revised and immediately implemented new procedures to meet grant requirements ensuring continuance of $25K in funding.
• Led collaboration for tri-state outbreak investigation; engaged county officials to prevent disease transmission and protect over 340 high risk occupants from acquiring deadly disease.
• Analyzed 4.5K reports, identified/fixed 2K data inconsistencies, ensured adequate statistical data was reflected in national data registries.
- Epidemiologist at New Jersey Department of Health, NJ
- Graduate Student Internship at Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)
- at United States Air Force, Nellis AFB
- Operations Manager, United States Air Force at United States Air Force, Nellis AFB
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Health Service Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Public Health
- Associate of Applied Science - Public Health Technology
·Conducted case based surveillance activities and epidemiological investigations by reviewing lab records, patient records, and interview. ·Analyzed and presented surveillance data while using Epi Info and PowerPoint. ·Assisted with emergency operations plan review and modification to ensure that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness Capabilities are integrated with the DOH’s public health preparedness planning and response. ·Worked with hospital Infection Control Practitioners, physician offices, and other community partners to collect confidential patient data for investigation of reportable diseases. Provided education and state guidance to those community partners regarding infection prevention. ·Provided education and counseling on infection prevention for community partners and patients. ·Utilized MERLIN and Epic to facilitate the reporting and analysis of reportable diseases. ·Determined the need for further investigation, create appropriate outbreak case definitions, conduct disease outbreak investigations, and analyzed data to identify the source of an outbreak. ·Provided feedback and education to the community and physicians on communicable diseases by providing statistics, newsletters, and other presentations. ·Reviewed historic and current disease trends to identify unusual disease patterns or trends.
- Epidemiologist at Florida Department of Health
- Academic Program Specialist at Florida State University, College of Nursing
- Intern at Florida State University College of Nursing
10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Public Health
- Bachelor's - Family & Child Sciences
01/13/2014-Present NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COMMUNICABLE DISEASE SERVICE Regional Field Epidemiologist Recruited as 1 of 11 field epidemiologists hired to provide guidance and support to assigned Local Health Departments (LHD) regarding communicable disease investigations and outbreak response/management. Primary responsibilities included: * Acts as the liaison between LHD and the Communicable Disease Service in the New Jersey Department of Public Health * Primarily responsible for 4 counties in the southern region of the state and serve as back for other counties as needed/requested. * Provide epidemiologic support and consultation to assigned LHD on disease investigations and outbreak response * Performs routine and enhanced surveillance activities for assigned region * Provide or ensure delivery of communicable disease related trainings to assign LHD communicable disease staff and other public health partners (i.e. hospital Infection Preventionists) * Assist LHD with active monitoring of individuals traveling from Ebola impacted countries. * Provide information and updates on communicable diseases and disease outbreaks through in-person meetings, webinars, training programs, and written communications
- Regional Epidemiologist at RUTGERS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- Community Epidemiologist at FULTON COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Public Health Epidemiologist at RHODE ISLAND DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- Immunization Epidemiologist at DELAWARE HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Epidemiologist responsible for using Base SAS and Enterprise Guide (EG) to analyze personnel, surveillance, and electronic medical records data to answer questions from Air Force (AF) bases, AF Major Command, and Congress; work in a multidisciplinary environment with project members including physicians, biostatisticians, and data managers
• Health effects associated with hexavalent chromium exposure: Analyzed over 1M personnel and medical records, adapted/developed and implemented incidence rules, and calculated rates and rate ratios of select outcomes based on occupational exposure groups
• Flying and pregnancy outcomes both maternal and child: Cleaned, merged ,and analyzed pregnancy profiles, personnel, and medical data totaling over 20M records to review adverse outcome rates in mother and child based on mother’s flying exposure during pregnancy
• Fitness Assessment Results of Postpartum Women in Air Combat Command: Cleaned, merged, and analyzed approximately 1M records from pregnancy profile and physical fitness data; assisted team in developing data driven recommendations on whether a postpartum fitness program should be funded and implemented at Air Combat Command
• Lyme Disease Overdiagnosis in a Large Healthcare System: A population-based descriptive study: Reviewed, standardized and cleaned approximately 50,000 lab records, wrote SAS code to apply lab algorithms to interpret western-blot banding patterns, constructed flow diagrams to illustrate Lyme disease test results, and analyzed false-positive rates based on 300+ chart reviews
• Hydrofluoric Acid in Gun Lubricants: Cleaned, merged and analyzed over 3M personnel and medical records in SAS Enterprise Guide (EG), comparing two distinct career fields based on exposure and predetermined outcomes, for three Air Force Major Commands, to determine if airman potentially exposed to hydrofluoric acid experienced adverse health outcomes
• Respiratory Events Reported in AFDRSi from Air Force Military Treatment Facilities, 2013-2017: Used SAS EG to analyze surveillance respiratory data; published results in the Air Force Public Health Report (2018, Vol 3, Issue 2)
• Impact of Outdoor Air Quality on Medical and Fitness Outcomes at Osan Air Base: Wrote R programs to create time-series outcome graphs to improve data visualization for the final memorandum
• Physical and Mental Health of U.S. Air Force Military Training Instructors: Utilized Excel graphics to create publication-ready tables and bar graphs Surveillance Projects:
• Daily Surveillance: Track diseases and prevent outbreaks at Air Force bases worldwide: Wrote complex macro in Excel to automate syndromic surveillance in ESSENCE and expedite the daily process of investigating syndromes (e.g. ILI, GI, rash) -- Complete daily surveillance in AFDRSi, verifying cases with electronic medical records and contacting bases in instances of incorrect reporting or if an outbreak is suspected. -- Liaise with bases to provide investigation tools for outbreak situations as well as prevention and mitigation resources
• GI Outbreak Toolkit: Identified a technology and knowledge gap in GI outbreak investigations and developed a universal “GI Outbreak Toolkit” by creating an Adobe fillable form combining 10+ potential gastrointestinal agents: Built the toolkit to automatically generate a line list with built-in Excel analysis and summary tables so Public Health Officers across the Air Force could quickly investigate a suspected gastrointestinal outbreak. -- Utilization of toolkit has directly resulted in gastrointestinal outbreak mitigation at multiple bases -- First toolkit of its kind to be created by the Epidemiologic Consult Service
• Sexual Transmitted Infections (STI) Annual Report 2015–2018: Created a new annual report to analyze incidence trends stratified by age, sex, and location for Air Force members and beneficiaries. Extracted, cleaned, applied researched algorithm to detect non-incident cases, and calculated incidence rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis in SAS, as well as wrote functions in R to visualize corresponding incidence trend graphs
• Spirometry Survey: Generated an electronic, user-friendly, survey distributed to Air Force Medical Treatment Facilities to aid in efficient data collection for coordinated DoD service inquiry in partial response to the Defense Health Board Recommendations
• Hearing Conservation Quarterly Reports: Developed R programs to automate the creation of p-charts and network folders, eliminating manual creation of both; trained colleagues in using and updating the R program as necessary per quarter
• DRSi Redesign: Function as the Air Force representative on the redevelopment of the Disease Reporting System internet (DRSi), a surveillance tool used to capture cases that meet guideline standards. -- Generate mock-ups (Publisher & Adobe) and flow-charts (draw.io) for developers to convey website design and flow and improve user interface.
• RME Updates: Function as the Air Force representative on committee tasked with updating the reportable medical event (RME) case definitions in the DoD Tri-Service Reportable Medical Event Guidelines (2017)
• Lectures: Teach “AFDRSi and Case Definitions” and “Surveillance Tool and Techniques” biannually to Air Force Public Health Officers (~20 people), RAMs (~10 people), and other Air Force public health personnel (~20 people)
- Epidemiologist / ORISE at United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) / ORISE
- Data Analyst at University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- Graduate Assistant for the Center of Rehabilitation Synergy at University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, SUNY-RF
- Ski Instructor / Children's Race Coach (seasonal) at Kissingbridge Ski Resort
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Epidemiology
- Bachelor's - Biochemistry
Working for the detection, investigation and control of GI disease and Respiratory disease clusters/Influenza
outbreaks in Delaware.
• Using Delaware Electronic Reporting and Surveillance System (DERSS), Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN), DelVAX Immunization Information System and CDC's National Outbreak Reporting System (NORS) for surveillance, investigation and reporting of GI disease and Influenza outbreaks.
• Providing support to healthcare providers such as Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF) in infectious disease outbreak surveillance, prevention and control.
• Conducted field visit of a Long-Term Care Facility during an active outbreak for an evaluation of its infection control measures and composed an assessment report.
• Drafted the updated Delaware Public Health (DPH) guidelines for infection control in Norovirus outbreak and DPH guidelines for infection control during Influenza / respiratory disease clusters in LTCFs.
• Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of Infectious Disease Epidemiology.
- EPIDEMIOLOGIST at Delaware Division of Public Health - Office of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN at CICATELLI ASSOCIATES INC
- RESIDENT INTERNAL MEDICINE at LONG ISLAND COLLEGE HOSPITAL/SUNY DOWNSTATE
- MEDICAL INTERN at DECCAN COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES/PRINCESS ESRA HOSPITAL
3 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery - Medicine and Bachelors