Burton-on-Trent, United Kingdom 2015 to 2017 Independent investment consulting service provided globally to institutional investors. Equity Research Analyst. Researched and published equity research report on Japanese mid-cap and small-cap stocks in English to provide investment consulting to non-Japanese speaking institutional investors. Key Results: ® As independent sell-side equity research analyst, published equity research report to support clients' financial performance. ® Created and updated financial models with a focus on accuracy, thoughtfulness and consistent formatting. ® Conducted quarterly meetings with Investors Relations or corporate management of listed companies to obtain information to identify business growth driver of the company, and update KPIs. ® Liaised between team members to optimize the efficiency to collect and update quarterly earning data, corporate strategy, market structure and economic news for better quality research. ® By using Bloomberg, screened to identify new investment opportunities, analyzed corporate organizational and financial data and obtained industrial news updates. ® Developed and maintained research relationships including company managements, industry contacts, government and authorities. ® Performed fundamental analysis on listed companies and analysis of industry structures and competitive dynamics to gain more investment opportunities for investors. ® Presented new investment recommendations ideas and summarized corporate, industrial and economic news and to financial advisors and equity analysts to increase team's commercial awareness.
- Equity Research Analyst at STORM RESEARCH LTD
- Subject matter expert at CATERPILLAR FINANCIAL SERVICES
- at CATERPILLAR FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Customer Service Manager at CATERPILLAR FINANCIAL SERVICES
2 years at this Job
- Executive MBA
- Bachelor of Art - Linguistics
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Stock brokerage firm specializing in stock and futures broking, research analysis, share margin financing, and investment management.
May - Aug. 2018 Equity Research Analyst Intern
• Identified 2 market entry and exit points by developing Excel charts and graphs to study the relationship between foreign funds flows and stock market performance for the preparation of Q3 2018 strategy note
• Led the composition and distribution of daily market reports for 50 clients, summarizing significant market news, company-specific releases and daily leaders and laggards
• Prepared 3 equity research reports on information technology, industrials, and consumer discretionary sectors
- Equity Research Analyst Intern at Inter-Pacific Securities Inc
- Financial Analyst Intern at Cabrera Capital Markets, LLC
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
Also March 2017 - May 2017
• Analyze and draft research coverage initiation reports on Healthcare/Consumer sector companies
- Freelance Equity Research Analyst at Argus Research
- Freelance Consultant, Investor Relations at Lazar Partners Ltd
- Vice President, Investor Relations at KCSA Strategic Communications
- Freelance Consultant, Investor Relations at SmithSolve LLC
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Investment Management & Portfolio Analysis, Strategic Leadership
Practice comparative analysis of trading multiples, profitability ratios, and margins within sectors to identify
• Consolidated a well written equity research report consisting of: business description, management & governance, industry overview and competitive positioning, financial analysis, valuation and risk management which culminated in a presentation to a panel of judges.
- Equity Research Analyst at A.N.G Securities
- Equity Research Analyst Intern at SMC Global
- Data analyst at Defense Research and Development Organization
- Financial Analyst Intern at SRD Buildwell
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - finance
- Bachelor of Technology - Biomedical
* Co-manage $600,000 university endowment fund with other top 5% MBA and MS * Pitch stocks by conducting economic overview, industry analysis and company valuation; mainly use Relative Analysis, DCF Model and Comparable Analysis, utilizing Bloomberg Terminal and Capital IQ * Conduct macroeconomic research about China, provide weekly updates of economic data and news
- Equity Research Analyst at Global Equity Fund of the R.H. Smith School of Business
- Equity Investment Intern at Sealand Innovation Capital
- Equity Analyst at Contra Aquam Capital
- Financial Analyst Intern at CITIC Trust
7 months at this Job
- Master of Finance - Management
- Bachelor of Economics - Finance
• Research and author equity report for assigned company
• Financial analysis to include valuation, industry overview & competitive positioning, investment risks and investment summary
- Equity Research Analyst at CFA Institute Research Challenge
- Sector Analyst at Seahawk Investment Management, LLC
- Securities & Data Analyst Intern at PRA Group
- Finance & Marketing Intern at SportGait
7 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration, Finance and Economics Concentrations
Performed data driven equity research on automotive suppliers and global OEMs and refined the relative
valuation method based on the downside risk analysis and forecast.
• Applied Damodaran's principles of valuing cyclical firms to the given firms from their automotive supplier coverage universe, tracking universe and a set of global OEMs.
• Examined how revenues, margins, and multiples fluctuated through past down-cycles.
• Refined the relative valuation method for calculating the intrinsic value of cyclical firms.
- Equity Research Analyst at ROTH CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Personal Banker Trainee at BANK OF CHINA
- Auditor Intern at ZHONGHUI ANDA CPA Limited
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Financial Mathematics - Financial Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting - Accounting
Manage the equity division of a $1.5 million portfolio for the CSUF Philanthropic Foundation. Develop research reports for potential stocks to be acquired into the fund's portfolio. Collaborate with 7 other analysts within my team to develop investment strategies and manage the current portfolio holdings. Create analysis to determine suitable industry weightings based on TCM's economic outlook. Utilize the Bloomberg Terminal for conducting in-depth research and analysis of equity securities, funds, company financial trends, economic indicators, and valuation purposes. Ensure that prospective securities and decisions conducted by analysts within my team align with our client's risk tolerance and the Fund's investment policy statement. Generate risk-adjusted returns over the S&P 500 for our client to satisfy the Foundation's philanthropic and scholarship goals.
- Equity Research Analyst at Titan Capital Management
- Member of a professional organization at Academic Clubs
- Student Managed Investment Fund at Academic Clubs
- Teller at Wells Fargo and Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associates in Science - Accounting
Produced daily market report detailing about 50+ firms' daily news, proxy statements and main cash flow fluctuation in mechanical sector which was used for clients' final report Conducted in-depth industry research by gathering and summarizing financial
- Intern/Equity Research Analyst at CHANGJIANG SECURITIES RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- Control Team/Intern at Atradius
3 months at this Job
- Master's - FINANCE
Singular Research is an investment research firm that focuses on small cap companies. The firm has 110 clients with $60 billion in assets.
● Analyzes potential and current research coverage opportunities through competitor analysis, financial modeling (Discounted Cash Flow model), and relative valuation.
● Communicates with upper management to gain a better understanding of model assumptions.
● Edits research reports before submitting to our subscribers and the public.
● Communicates with companies to promote and market research coverage and conferences.
- Equity Research Analyst (part time) at Singular Research
- Associate Wealth Management Analyst at One Capital Management, LLC
- Jr. Investment Analyst at CitizensTrust
10 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance and Marketing
- MS - Industrial Engineering
- BA - Economics