Conducted research on block-chain market and developed portfolios with diversified cryptocurrencies including
bitcoin, Ethereum, etc using Markowitz Mean-Variance Portfolio Theory
• Devised and modified specific discount cash flow model for multiple companies to assess current financial conditions
• Produced investment reports for biotech companies about future growth, stock price fluctuation and financial status
- Equity Research Associate at Diamond Equity Research
- Strategy Intern at Ping An Securities
2 months at this Job
- MS, Business - Analytics
- Bachelor's - Applied Mathematics
In an equity research role, wrote research reports on the industrial technology sector as well as the building products sector and presented unique, actionable research in the morning sales meeting. Also built and updated financial models including Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Balance Sheet, Revenue and EBITDA walks, Debt and Valuation. Launched coverage on eight companies by building the financial model as well as the published report and presentation material. Performed Ad-Hoc research which provided meaningful value to investors. Traveled to conferences and trade shows to gather real-time, actionable data and develop industry contacts. Developed a new, actionable style of research that adds meaningful value to the building products coverage space and had not previously been done in the industry. Communicated investment ideas with buy-side analysts, hosted meetings with company management. Supported analyst who worked remotely increasing the importance of my role at the home office. Series 7, 63, 86, 87 certified.
- Equity Research Associate at Northcoast Research
- Consultant at Jumpstart Inc
- Owner/Operator at Fine Arts Foods
- Senior Branch Account Manager at Citifinancial
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's - Marketing and Economics
Initiated coverage on a new sector, working directly under the analyst as the lead associate Independently formulated the company valuation methodologies and wrote initiation reports Built six original models for covered companies BA, GD, LMT, NOC, RTN, & TXT Led three cross-department internal teach-ins on the U.S. Department of Defense Budget, the Commercial Airliner Market, and the Private Business Jet Market and their influence on covered companies Grew the Aerospace & Defense franchise by effectively communicating analyst's opinions to client base both directly as well as through the sales force Conversed frequently with management teams at all six companies in order to gauge impact of industry news flow and stay ahead of company strategy Collaborated with the special situations teams to analyze needle-moving events and M&A in the sector Equity Research Rotational Program Rotated across four analyst teams, Broadlines & Luxury Retail, Semiconductors, Transportation & Freight, and Oilfield Services, working on each team for six months Maintained and enhanced financial models for over 40 companies across four diverse sectors, effectively understanding the competitive dynamics and industry drivers Served as a liaison between the derivatives strategy desk and the research teams, developing options strategies to enhance on fundamental research reports and analyzing data on relevant options trading flow Actively helped with research origination by developing thought pieces with investable conclusions Conducted channel checks analyzing large data sets provided by proprietary web-scraping technology while stationed on the Semiconductors team Mentored and trained junior associates and interns
- Equity Research Associate, Aerospace & Defense at Susquehanna International Group
- Global Markets Summer Analyst at Nomura Securities
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - teaching
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematical Economics
covering retail and e-commerce industry in Asia Pacific Area
• Maintained and updated financial models for head of research of Japan, performed adjustments for non-recurring items and checked summary analysis for senior analysts
• Prepared presentation materials with Bloomberg and Factset data to illustrate industry trends for quarterly analyst roadshows on three continents
• Analyzed daily news events concerning retail sector and companies under coverage; developed system to present information to equity research team members
- Equity Research Associate at DEUTSCHE BANK SECURITIES INC
- Founding member at DOKU
- Manager at SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION
- marketing platform at SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts - Japanese Language and Literature
• Wrote in-depth buy-side research reports focused on Road & Rail, Household Durables, Food & Beverage, Technology Hardware, Storage & Peripherals, and Machinery sectors over 60 large, mid, and small-cap stocks
• Tracked daily industry and company-specific news on a portfolio of companies to create an extensive report sent to the clients on a weekly basis
• Developed detailed financial models and cash flow projections to analyze various investment opportunities and proposed investment recommendations to the senior management
• Assisted senior equity research analyst to build and optimize equity long/short portfolio structure that complies with internal risk/return requirements
- Equity Research Associate, Internship at GLOBAL TIME INVESTMENT
- Credit Risk Analyst, Internship at CREDITSPECTRUM
- Equity Research Associate, TMT at PACIFIC SECURITIES
- Young Talent Program, Summer Internship at CITIBANK
3 months at this Job
- Master's - Econometrics and Quantitative Economics
- Bachelor's - Financial Mathematics
• Covered 14 listed securities in the India banking and insurance sectors (viz. ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, SBI, BOB).
• Co-authored company reports and detailed thematic sector reports on upcoming banking trends.
• Researched and initiated coverage on the Indian Asset Management sector (AMCs).
• Constructed quantitative company specific financial models as well as sector wide databases (global) for equities to project earnings, suggest target prices, and support investment recommendations.
• Communicated and defended stock and sector pitches to sales and traders in morning meetings.
• Serviced institutional clients as well as in house Equity Sales team through bespoke work and ad-hoc projects.
- Equity Research Associate (Banking sector) at India Research Team - Nomura
- Equity Research Analyst at Aviation & Logistics
- Article Assistant at Ernst & Young
- Taxation and Law Apprentice (Part time) at Dinesh Chandra & Associates
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- CFA Charterholder - Finance
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor's - Commerce
Provides investment advice to institutional investors on a range of healthcare/biotechnology stocks, including in-depth research on over 19 publicly-traded companies as well as on overall industry and macroeconomic trends
• Communicates effectively in a high-pressure, demanding environment and works collaboratively on a small team, demonstrating personal accountability and attention to detail
• Builds and maintains detailed company financial models, analyzing financial statements, projecting future revenues and profitability, and performing various valuation analyses
• Produces diligent and thorough reports written in a clear and concise manner regarding company and sector events, including extensive initiation reports on each covered company
• Conducts proactive and proprietary pieces of research, including surveys and deep-dive pieces, providing unique perspectives for clients supported by multiple validated sources
• Interacts regularly with company management and institutional investors, building relationships, fulfilling requests, marketing the research product, and providing perspective on company messaging
- Equity Research Associate at Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc
- Fixed Income Capital Markets Business Analyst at Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc
- Fixed Income Sales & Trading Intern at Bloomberg
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
• Small, middle, and large cap equity analysis.
• Pitched a buy, sell, and hold position to portfolio managers.
• Used Bloomberg and FactSet.
• Did various financial modeling.
• Conducted many conference calls with investor relations and CFO’s.
• Created and presented various company reports.
• Completed many discounted cash flows.
- Equity Research Associate at Tocqueville Asset Management
2 months at this Job
• Build detailed financial models to forecast quarterly earnings for networking equipment companies under coverage (~$250bn in aggregate market capitalization, including Cisco, Arista, Juniper, and Ciena)
• Initiated coverage of Altice USA (~$14bn market cap.) with an investment recommendation based on analyses of its addressable markets, industry trends, financial statements, and valuation (DCF/comparables)
• Forecast global data center equipment spending by tracking industry capex trends, with a focus on hyperscale/cloud companies (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent)
• Built a global smartphone market model by analyzing the global smartphone supply chain and by rationalizing key assumptions such as regional market penetration and device replacement rates
• Publish research reports on the communications industry by analyzing current themes in networking technology, incl. switching, security, software, and the broader infrastructure transition to cloud architecture
• Organize corporate access events with company executives for institutional investor clients
- Equity Research Associate - TMT at Nomura Instinet
- Equity Research Summer Analyst at Nomura Securities
- Project Management Operations Intern at Gilead Sciences
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Finance and Accounting
US Lodging and Leisure
• Build and maintain industry-level and individual company financial models; identify investment opportunities and compose investment research reports; interact with management teams and investment professionals
• Conduct in-depth industry and company fundamental analysis, including building proprietary cruise supply forecast and pricing database, and establishing / interacting with a network of Chinese experts in cruise travel
• Initiated research coverage of the US lodging and leisure sector with the support of junior associates
- Senior Equity Research Associate at AB Bernstein
- Equity Research Associate at US Lodging and Leisure
- Co-founder, advisor at www.thisher.com
- Project Manager at Hilltop Consultants, Georgetown University
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance