New York, NY
Equity Research Associate August 2017 - Present
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on macroeconomic trends in the financial, information, and technology industries
• Build/maintain company models projecting operating results and valuations, as well as non-company debt issuance and FX models
• Write concise, relevant, and detailed research notes and reports on covered companies and related industries in a timely manner
• Generate and communicate our team's investment theses and strategies to buy-side clients and the PJC sales team daily
• Author 30+ page initiation and thematic reports on companies and industries of investor interest to increase our team's pertinence
• Attend analyst days, and accompany covered company management on marketing roadshows to meet buy-side institutional investors
• Lead and support IPO due diligence, create educational teach-ins, and lead teach-in calls for institutional investors and our sales team
- Equity Research Associate at Piper Jaffray, Co., Equity Research
- Credit Associate at Citigroup, Inc., Commercial Bank
- Senior Credit Analyst at Citigroup, Inc., Commercial Bank
- Credit Analyst at
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Finance and History - Corporate Finance
- Equity Research Associate at Diamond Equity Research
- National Military Service at Yilan Railway Station, Ministry of Transportation Communication
- Audit Intern at Deloitte
- Taxation Consultant Intern at National Taxation Bureau of Taipei-Zhongzheng Branch
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Applied Economics
- Bachelor's - Economics
- Equity Research Associate at NORTHCOAST RESEARCH
- Equity Research Intern at NORTHCOAST RESEARCH
- Marketplace Partnership Intern at Fit3D
- Facility Supervisor at Pat Malley Fitness Center
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Economics & Entrepreneurship
Successfully launched a SMID/MID cap biotechnology equity research franchise at a boutique biotech
investment bank as part of three-person team covering equities within gene therapy, immune-oncology, targeted therapy in metastatic cancer, novel biological platforms, heme/heme-onco and orphan
● Responsible for due diligence on pre and post-IPO pipeline assets from emerging biotech and MID cap biopharmaceutical companies.
● Contributed proprietary, unique scientific and market based research using my experience in the field and a variety of data sources (Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson, Evaluate, BioMedtracker, Clinicaltrials.org, Micromedix, PriceRx, Pubmed, IMS) to help inform investment decisions communicated to sales, traders and investors.
● Built and maintained clinical and financial models based on forecasts of epidemiological data, pricing, and revenue.
● Maintained active interaction with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and management and performed critical analysis of pipelines and corporate strategy to develop investment theses and trading strategies for long-only and long-short institutional investors.
● Build the investment thesis thanks to my remarkable personal experience in oncology and capability of digest massive clinical and molecular data acquired from KOL interactions, colleagues and industry conference attendance.
● FINRA licenses: series 7, 63.
- Biotechnology Equity Research Associate at Boutique Sell Side Investment Bank
- Instructor of Molecular Biology at WEILL CORNELL MEDICAL CENTER
- Post-Doctoral Researcher Associate/Scholar at MEMORIAL SLOAN-KETTERING CANCER CENTER (MSKCC)
- Research Fellow at UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA, Italy
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Instructor of Molecular Biology
- - NYC Life Science Innovation
- Doctoral of Philosophy Degree cum laude - Pharmacology and Toxicology and publication
• Conduct fundamental research on 21 utility companies covering the U.S. and Canada and assist in creating investment recommendations based on valuation and regulatory/industry developments
• Update company models and publish timely earnings reports based on company press releases, conference calls, and other SEC filings
• Initiated coverage on five utility companies alongside senior analyst, assisting in modeling and written reports: AQN, BKH, EMA, NI, and SWX
• Conduct extensive valuation analysis: DCF, DDM, P/E, EV/EBITDA, RI and SOPs
• Answer inquiries from clients, equities sales force, traders, and company management to convey investment recommendations and ideas
• Build client and management relationships through company visits, industry conferences, and other relevant events
• Create and update exhibits and analyst marketing presentations
• Monitor daily news through Bloomberg and publish notes if material to investment thesis
• Won associate team stock pitch competition which included presenting and answering questions from Wells Fargo Securities senior executives
• Passed CFA Level II, Series 7, 63, 86 and 87
- Equity Research Associate Analyst at WELLS FARGO SECURITIES
- at covered holdings
- Equity Research Analyst at PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate - Accounting and Finance
- Master of Science - Management Studies
• Research the fundamentals of high-tech and new energy vehicle manufacturing stocks from the perspective of value investment, such as TESLA (TSLA), Apple (AAPL) and NIO Automobile (NIO). Specific issues are like TESLA's core competitive advantages in motor, battery and electronic control, capacity of TESLA's Shanghai factory and specific impact on its manufacture cost, Full-Self Driving technology and Autopilot 3.0's technical advantage.
• Research on industrial chain and policy environment of emerging industries, particularly the new energy vehicles. For example, new energy vehicle manufacturers' development prospect in the context of China's implementation of the new energy subsidy policy, dual-points systems and eased the restriction over the proportion of foreign equity.
• Use valuation indexes like P/E, P/B, P/S and DCF model to evaluate values of stocks in the secondary market, analyze suitable valuation methods applicable to asset-heavy, asset-light, Internet enterprises, emerging industries and high-tech enterprises. Research the impact of business model, market sentiment, key events and other factors on stock prices.
- Equity Research Associate at Allied Millennial Partners LLC
- Associate Financial Analyst at AVIC Capital Co., Ltd
- Financial Assistant at CITIC Bank International
1 month at this Job
- Master's - Risk Management
- Bachelor's - Financial Counseling and Planning
• Senior research analyst for four life insurance and annuity companies with combined market cap of $60 billion
• Cover 17 life insurance companies both domestically and globally with combined market cap of $330 billion
• Spearhead company and industry report writing for a three-person team with notable pieces including primers, initiations, proprietary industry surveys
• Frequently speak to top investors in our coverage universe
• Participate in company management meetings and host client events including our insurance conference
• Present at weekly sector meetings to update the Sales & Trading department and other analysts on our research and insurance industry trends
• Frequently update and build new financial models - ranked second place in 2016 for Thomson Reuters' Top Earnings Estimators
• Supported and directed the activities of our summer intern
- Equity Research Associate - Insurance at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- at Mentorship with John B. Neff
- Student Portfolio Manager at Lehigh University Investment Management Group
- Equity Research Summer Analyst - Transportation at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance and Accounting
Responsible for company- and industry-specific research within the U.S. Auto OEM and Auto Parts industry. Coverage includes ALV,
AXL, BWA, DLPH, F, GM, GT, LEA, MBLY, MGA, MTOR, TOWR, and VC
• Create and maintain quantitative models inclusive of company operating models, potential project analysis and its effect on earnings per share, and models that seek to quantify the impact of news events on earnings per share
• Create and maintain databases which are used to formulate the basis for comparative analysis amongst peers within the sector, track and analyze auto production, and assess country and region specific risk
• Collect, organize, and analyze data used in the support of investment thesis for covered companies
- Equity Research Associate at Citigroup
- Credit & Portfolio Analyst at S&P's Capital IQ
- Squad Leader at Marine Corps Reserve
- Markets Risk & Control Analyst at
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
• Liaised with portfolio managers to manage $1B assets and achieved 10%-15% increase in assets value annually by establishing investment analysis on investment allocation adjustment and portfolio diversification.
• Performed and maintained fundamental analysis of 12 stocks within portfolio to establish investment recommendations for portfolio managers.
• Integrated investment analysis from four research analysts to establish multi-asset class investment strategies and collaborated with portfolio managers on portfolio construction.
• Led a team of four analysts and cooperated with technology department, compliance department and operations department to initiate the SAP system for overseas investment, contributing to an increase of $3B from overseas clients.
• Optimized financial models for target companies by automating data input utilizing VBA, streamlining spreadsheets format, and building new assumption templates, reducing iteration time by 20%.
• Streamlined weekly asset valuation report by utilizing SQL, SPSS, and VBA to automate data aggregation, resulting in decrease of reports processing time by 15%.
• Presented the investment strategies on Chinese financial markets to clients with relationship managers by identifying opportunities and risks, attracting $500M in investment.
• Updated financial models to predict future financial performance of target financial securities and presented modelling methodologies to analysts and portfolio managers.
- Equity Research Associate at SHANGHAI PUDONG DEVELOPMENT BANK
- Equity Research Analyst at SHANGHAI PUDONG DEVELOPMENT BANK
- Equity Research Analyst Intern at SHANGHAI PUDONG DEVELOPMENT BANK
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - International Economics and Trade
Performed deep, bottom-up fundamental analysis on small-cap and mid-cap US-listed Chinese
companies in disparate industries, including financial service, retail, education, biotech, and Internet-commerce.
• Conducted due diligence on over 10 companies by collecting and analyzing data from SEC filings, financial statements, press releases and visits to companies for coverage or as part of client acquisition.
• Wrote independently 3 initiation research reports and 2 quarterly earnings notes on covered four companies during the tenure.
• Built and updated detailed company financial models such as forecast earnings estimates and valuations.
- Equity Research Associate at Stone Street Group
- at CUNY-Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Deputy Manager at Yuanta Securities, Investment Banking Department
- Deputy Manager, IPO at Yuanta Securities, Investment Banking Department
9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance