• Responsible for aggregating, analyzing market information, whether it be corporate news (earnings, mergers etc), “macro" data (economic numbers, regulatory developments, etc) and unusual price movements (sharp movements in certain stocks, sectors, currencies).
• Covered institutional accounts in the equity marketplace by serving as the communication conduit between clients and equity traders.
• Identified trends in the marketplace and explained significance to clients.
• Identified and developed new clients by researching, cold calling and marketing.
• Developed expertise in applicable products and markets, and incorporated knowledge into sales
• techniques and other communications effectively.
• Provided clients with execution, research and trading ideas.
• Maximized sales and profitability, meeting or exceeding goals or metrics set by the division.
• Worked with clients in order to obtain the best and most effective execution for their orders.
• Covered the following accounts: AllianceBernstein, CI Investments, Claiborne Capital, CPR Asset
• Management, Franklin Templeton, Kynikos, Mackenzie Investments, Marvin & Palmer, Waddell & Reed.
• Held NASD Series 7, 63 and 55 certifications (expired).
- Direcrtor, US Equity Sales Trader at Soleil Securities
- Vice President, Relationship Management at Deutsche Bank
- Associate, Campus Recruiting at Deutsche Bank
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Exercise Science
• Sales trade Nordic equities to U.S and Canadian clients by communicating with clients all relevant Flow, Research and Market news.
• Liaise with clients and execution traders to ensure executions are to clients instructions and achieve "best execution".
• Work with sales team in maintaining existing client base while continually working to develop new relationships.
- European Equity Sales Trader at Svenska Handelsbanken
- European Equity Sales Trader at Canaccord Genuity
- European Equity Sales Trader at Commerzbank LLC
- International Equity Trader at ReachCapital Management
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Resource Economics
Canada - Pictet is a $522B private bank founded in 1805 in Geneva, Switzerland, with its N.A. headquarters in Montreal - Tasked with the unique opportunity to launch the execution-only agency brokerage business in the US - Established new partnerships with some of the largest pension funds (up to $250B AUM), hedge funds (up to $20B AUM), investment managers (up to $350B AUM), and family offices (up to $10B AUM) in the US - Developed a business strategy, produced marketing, and managed the institutional equity trading business - Specialize in a high-touch, low-cost trading model offering best execution solutions in global equities - Handle client orders trading in 73 global markets through both membership access and algorithmic trading - Differentiated client service in research, CSA, settlements, investment conferences, and private events - Collaborate with Pictet's cross-asset trading desks as well as the Asset Management and Private Wealth groups
- International Equity Sales Trader at Pictet Group
- Equity Sales Trader at Bloomberg Tradebook
- Equity Research Sales & Product Development at Bloomberg
- Strategic Sales Manager at Bloomberg Tradebook
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. in Economics - Economics
• Manage Asia equity markets trading--develop and maintain superior client and brokerage relationships, and successfully negotiate reductions in brokerage commissions while simultaneously increasing trades for brokers
• Identify key inefficiencies in algorithmic trading technology and order handling and communicate problems with brokers’ Product developers for correction and to facilitate greater accuracy in order execution
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the global compliance landscape resulting in reduced risk and exposure for both the firm and clients
• Conduct extensive research to vet equity stocks via open communication with in-country brokers and by assessing validity of news outlets to source liquidity and minimize risk for best execution of trades
• Collaborate with colleagues to compile breaking corporate news updates and earnings, economic data by market, and all pertinent street research into a daily Morning Note for distribution to clients prior to US market open
- Equity Sales Trader at Fidelity Capital Markets
- Equity Trading Analyst at Fidelity Capital Markets
- Global Trading Analyst at Brown Brothers Harriman
- Operations Associate at State Street Bank
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business
* Cover 66 U.S. based institutional clients on global equities with 218% of growth since joining firm * Top client grown 128% on a year-over-year run rate; 2nd top client grown 53% on a year-over-year run rate * Responsible for high touch trading coverage and cross sell Electronic And Program Trading offering * Provide consistent high crossing ratio with an average of 23% cross rate * Cultivate client relationships through face-to-face interactions, networking and internal referrals
- Equity Sales Trader at Kepler Capital Markets
- Equity Sales Trader at Barclays Capital Limited
- Asia Electronic Trading Sales at Barclays Capital Asia Limited
- Asia Pacific Sales Manager at Tora Trading
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology and Economics
votal role as NYSE floor broker providing institutional equity/ETF order flow execution services representing firm's clientele.
• Effectively cultivated and fostered industry counterparties relationships obtaining best execution.
• Credited with providing exemplary soft dollar execution services on behalf of institutional customers.
- Institutional Equity Sales Trader at CAPITAL INSTITUTIONAL SERVICES
- NYSE Clerk and Floor Broker at SIG BROKERAGE
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
• Traded domestic equities for Institutional Asset Managers, Pension and Hedge Funds.
• Provided market and stock commentary to Institutional Asset Managers, Pension and Hedge Funds.
• Trusted to successfully capture, maintain, and retain critical relationships with all Institutional Clients.
• Maintained good working relationships with Brokerage Community.
• Maintained and supported client relationships in order to increase sales from existing clients.
• Responded efficiently to inquiries from clients pertaining to trading and market views.
• Regular coordination of schedules with Head Trader to ensure trading desk was always covered.
• Worked with the Institutional Sales team to plan and implement all sales strategies related to growing revenue.
• Maintained timely and accurate trade information for the equity trading desk.
• Well-versed in crossing stock within the small cap asset class.
• Staged both European and Asia Pacific Rim International orders.
• Performed both Single Stock and Basket Trading.
• Routed orders to the appropriate systems while ensuring best execution.
• Entertained clients on a regular basis.
- Senior Vice President, Institutional Equity Sales Trader at Loop Capital Markets Inc
- Vice President, Institutional Equity Sales Trader at Magna Securities Corp
- Associate Director at UBS
- Trading Assistant at UBS
9 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Managed a portable book of business consisting of actively trading hedge funds, asset management firms, and mutual funds
● Involved in hedging clients' portfolios by recommending single stock and index options ideas ahead of earnings and macro events
● Disseminated the firm's research and equity order flow to keep clients well informed
● Researched daily economic data and equity specific news for clients and relayed relevant data directly to clients
● Actively prospected for new clients to generate additional revenue for the firm
- Vice President, Institutional Derivatives and Equity Sales Trader at MKM Partners
- Associate, Institutional Equity Derivative Sales Trader at Miller Tabak & Co., LLC
- Head Trader at Miller Tabak Advisors, LLC
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Finance - Banking and Finance
• Manage Four Member Sales Trading Desk
• Sales and client servicing for Citigroup's Equity Electronic Execution Services offered to buy-side institutions and High Touch Cash Equity Sales Trading.
• In 2013 became Citi's first Hybrid Equity Sales Trader with responsibility of enhancing Electronic Execution and providing traditional High Touch block trading.
• Hybrid responsibilities include working with clients to manage order flow more effectively as well as with internal development teams to create more efficient tools to manage order flow.
• Additional responsibilities include interaction with ECM regarding deal calendar, Research Analysts and Block Trading Desk and Sector Specialists.
• Worked with cross selling other departments of the firm including, Prime Finance, ETF/Delta 1 / Swaps teams, Program Trading and Security Lending.
• Helped Institutional clients to create customized algorithmic and smart order routing tools for Equity and ETF products.
• Worked with TCA team to analyze client order flow and trends to recommend customized trading solutions to clients.
• Part of working group to enhance Dagger (Citi proprietary algo), Citi Match, Citi Cross, Conditional Orders and Total Touch (Citi Actionable IOI tool).
• Initial member of Equity Electronic Execution team with specific coverage of Midwest Institutional clients and directly responsible for growth in the region.
- Director, Head of Chicago Cash Equity Sales Trading Desk at Citi Markets & Banking
- Managing Director of TerraNova Institutional, a division of Terra Nova at TerraNova Trading
- Arbitrage Clerk at Bernacchi-Casey Brokerage
- Independent Trader on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange at TerraNova Trading
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
Accounts: Wellington Management, Manulife Asset Management, Boston Partners Asset Management, Loomis
Sayles & Company, Lee Munder Capital, Cormorant Capital, Clough Capital, Schroders Plc.
• Engaged in high touch trade execution and dialogue on individual stock performance, investment themes and global market conditions.
• Expanded Convergex's client base by re-engaging lapsed clients; successfully worked through legacy issues.
- Managing Director, Equity Sales Trader at CONVERGEX EXECUTION SOLUTIONS, LLC
- at CLEARPOOL, LLC
- Director, Sales and Marketing at TRADE INFORMATICS, LLC
- Managing Director, Equity Sales Trader at KNIGHT CAPITAL MARKETS
1 year at this Job