Perform duties as an ER technician with a focus on assisting stroke and STEMI cases presented to the ED. Responsible for spinal immobilizations, wound care, transporting patients, assisting in code situations in addition to assisting with massive transfusions.
- ER Technician at San Antonio Regional Hospital
- ER Technician at Redlands Community Hospital
- EMT-B at Premier Medical Transport
- DME Warehouse Technician at Apria Healthcare
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associates of Science in Respiratory Therapy - Respiratory Therapy
March 24, 2008 - February 4, 2017 Department of Veteran Affairs ( Clement J. Zablocki VA Milwaukee, WI- ER Technician
● Assist the Practitioner’s in treating patients in the ER and Urgent Care
● Take and record biometric exams and complaints of patients in Triage
● Perform EKG’s print, also print any past EKG’s, hand to Practitioner as he may be better informed to treat and assess a patient’s past and present condition.
● Perform venipuncture to collect blood specimens and send to lab for analysis.
● Place insyte catheters for fluids, medications and blood draws
● Collect all specimens for diagnosis, including nasal swabs, MRSA, Strep Swabs , sputum samples, and urine and feces collection.
● Perform updated biometrics, to inform Practitioner regarding any changes in a patient’s condition.
● Perform and report Bladder scans
● Assist Practitioners in procedures as needed, including suture, cyst drainage, collection and packing . Send all specimens to lab.
● Perform and report bladder scan findings.
● Clean and dress any wounds after a procedures
● Assist patients/clients family in their time of need to the best of my ability, without violating HIPPA and the restrictions set upon me by VA policy and the client/patients wishes.
● Document any and all contact with a patient, a practitioner; as well as any labs sent and any documentation that needed to be reported to proper departments. Education
● Department of Veteran Affairs
● Trained as a Phlebotomist
● Milwaukee Area Technical College
● Medical Assistant and Dialysis Technician Awards Employee of the month 2009, 2011, 2015 Safe Patient Coordinator for the VA in Milwaukee, WI The Only Safe patient representative from WI sent to the SPHC 2 Seminar in Orlando FL in 2015 ER Technician supervisor Award in 2011 through 2015 My supervisor is /was Sharon Wolf (414) 384-2000 Ext.41885
- ER Technician at Clement J. Zablocki
8 years, 11 months at this Job
- My education was mostly done as on the job training through the Dept. of Veteran Affairs at the VA Medical Center - Medical Assistant and Dialysis Technician
ER technician at large Level I trauma center. Provided basic patient care and treatments, including taking vitals, patient histories, dressing wounds, assisting senior medical staff, collecting lab specimens, and patient monitoring. Provided treatment and testing including EKGs, basic phlebotomy, point-of-care testing, splinting and casting, and wound care, within scope of practice. Prepared and assisted in medical documentation using electronic medical records. Maintained close communication with rest of ER staff. Assisted in traumas (minor to Type I), strokes, STEMIs, and similar emergent care. Supported staff in stocking, maintaining facility cleanliness, and patient transport.
- ER Technician at University of Kansas Hospital
- Squat Medic and Clinic Lead at public, private, and NGO
- Coordinator at Medical Volunteers International
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Arabic, and English
I was in charge of helping patients with their needs/wants as well as assisting the nurses and doctors with tasks. ER TECH - TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES (817)250-3333 Fort Worth, TX 11/2017-PRESENT I was in charge of EKGs, blood draws, assisting doctors with procedures, CPR, splinting, catheterization, transporting, as well as assisting patients with their needs/wants.
- ER Technician at ER TECH
- PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN - MEDICAL CITY OF PLANO at MED TECH
- SUPERVISOR at MED TECH
- ASSISTANT at BOB WAYNE JOHNSON CONSULTING
7 months at this Job
- In progress - Finance
An ER technician is primarily responsible for phlebotomy, specimen collection and handling, coordinating units, stocking, lifting, transporting, and charting patient and patient information. The unit coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating patients, charting, filing, and assisting with nurse placement, controlling authorization of release for patients or for other hospitals.
- ER Technician and Unit Coordinator at Woman's Hospital
- Administrative Assistant at Innovative Realty
- President (Volunteer) at HIV
- Data Entry Clerk at HIV
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- High School Diploma
I work in the emergency room as a tech. I can do EKG, legal blood draws, patient care, Dr orders, CPR BLS, iv been in the medical field for almost 16 years holding a cna cms ra and emt licences also social services certified.
- ER Technician at MRHC ER
- Customer Service Representative at valero
- CNA II, CMA-D, RA at Mitchell manner
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Please reference resume.
- ER Technician at Gulf Coast ER, DaVita Dialysis, Bayfront ER, Lehigh Regional
- Emergency Room Technician at Southwest ER, Gulf Coast ER, DaVita Dialysis, Bayfront ER Port Charlotte, Lehigh Regional ER
at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Technician
ER Technician Assistant (8/2016 to Present)
Overnight Ward Technician (11/2015 to 8/2016)
Ward Nighttime Shift Leader (5/2014 to 11/2015)
Ward Attendant (92010 to 8/2013)
• Answer phones and relay messages throughout the department.
• Provide clients with estimates and take payments.
• Enter new client and patient info into the system.
• Scan and attach medical documents into patients’ records.
• Communicate with clients and doctors about patient status along with patient care and technician and doctor assistance
- ER Technician Assistant at Veterinary Specialty Center
- Café Barista, Bookseller, Cashier at Barnes & Noble
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication - Communication
labs, iv insertion, assist nurse and doctor, triage patients, ekgs, medication administration, injections, dsticks
- ER Technician at Legacy ER
- ER Technician at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital
- Multi Skilled Tech at Medical City - Dallas
- EMT - B at Allegiance Mobile Health
5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paramedic
- EMT - B - Emergency Medical Services
- n/a - Associates in Science
San Antonio Military Medical Center: Emergency Room/Level-1 Trauma Center
3551 Roger Brooke Dr, San Antonio, Texas 78219
Head Supervisor: Srgt. Robert Heartfield
Phone Number: (210)862-9191
Position: Contractor CNA
February 17th 2015- September 30th 2016
• Administered patient care in the acute care hospital setting.
• Preformed and assisted with procedures including pelvic exams, paracentesis, lumbar punctures, suturing lacerations, catheterizations and much more.
• Placed orthopedic equipment on patients from casts to crutches and taught each individual how to properly use and reapply in the home setting.
• Chaperoned and assisted patient’s radiology screenings: ultrasound, CAT scans, x-rays and MRI’s.
• Provided one-on-one supervision and care for patients with suicidal/homicidal ideations, toxic ingestion, and altered mental status.
• Transitioned EMS patients into emergency room care analyzing the patients’ situation delivered verbally by paramedics and assisting the nursing staff with proper treatment and monitoring according to each individual's needs.
• Ran to the blood bank once a trauma was called and delivered PAC1’s to the trauma bay.
• Maintained proper bedside manner from patients who are under emergency detainment up to the highest of ranks of the military.
• Worked alongside some of the best team members I have been fortunate to encounter.
• Preformed further work duties: stocking, securing and cleaning of rooms, transportation of patients throughout the hospital, documentation of patient care.
- ER Technician at San Antonio Military Medical Center/ER
- Nurse's Aide at Princeton Place Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center
- Head Cashier at Goodwill Industries
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Licensure - CNA Certification
- - General Studies
- - Biology
- - Pre-Nursing Studies