Our established construction firm is growing its clientele, and we have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, self-motivated, well organized individual to join our team of professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and technical support to our Project Management and Estimating Departments.
- Communicate and follow up with PM’s about specific projects needs and goals.
- Periodic site visits to take WIP photos, (for job folder & marketing) and check with foreman on any job needs.
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure our construction teams have the materials they need.
- Create close out docs to include digital O&M manuals and as-built drawings.
- Scan and archive digital blueprints and schematics for future access
- Generate and follow up with submittals to clients
- Print and organize submittals in binder for our Foreman and PM’s.
- Review and evaluate bid cost estimates
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products
- Review project specs
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors. File and print as they arrive
- Maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Print drawings
- Follow up with vendors and subs on their bid status
- Set up and send out RFQ’s through Bid Plan Room. See bid sequence checklist.
- Develop SOW and RFI lists for new bid project
- Assist with equipment and fixture take offs
- Maintain estimation job folders
- High school diploma required
- Experience in the construction industry a plus
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is a must
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills a plus
- Willingness to learn new software