Maryville, Tennessee (Aug. 2016 - present)
A leading catering company and wedding event specialist
event Operations Manager / Server
• Promoted to Event Manager within 6 months of service
• Responsible for training new members and managing them during events
• Manage event teams tasked with serving guests throughout a reception/rehearsal dinner
• Responsible for guest's satisfaction providing above and beyond customer service
• Had to think quickly and make decisions when things did not go according to plan
• Responsible for preparing and setting up event centers/Venues
- event Operations Manager / Server at First Fruits Catering
- Wait Staff / Back Waiter at Blackberry Farm
- Landscape Laborer at TLC Scapes Landscaping
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Supply Chain Management and Marketing
Promoted to Facilities Manager on July 1, 2017 from Event Operations Manager
Assist Senior Associate A.D. and Associate A.D. for Facilities and Events with pre-event planning of all CSU home athletic events including 2017 NIT first and second round games and 2017 and 2018 WNIT first and second round games
• Coordinate day-to-day scheduling of all CSU athletic venues and meeting spaces working directly with CSU coaches and athletic staff as well as various campus entities and community patrons for special events
• Serve as the primary game manager for CSU Volleyball, specific CSU Men's and Women's Basketball games, Softball games and tournaments, Soccer matches, Swimming meets, and Tennis matches coordinating event security staffing, officials, visiting team requests and other game management issues as needed
• Direct daily and long-term maintenance of all athletic and meeting spaces including processing, fulfilling, and overseeing work orders for projects such as floor resurfacing, HVAC, office and venue re-models and general carpentry
• Supervise and coordinate a team of student workers who serve as replay technicians for CSU Volleyball, Men's and Women's Basketball and assist with different office projects including security blueprint analysis for Canvas Stadium during construction
• Manage CSU athletic key records and employee/student card access to athletic buildings and venues
- Event Operations Manager/Facilities Manager at Colorado State University Athletics
- Assistant Football Coach at Fort Collins High School
- Youth Fields Operations Assistant at Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
- Facilities and Events Department at Colorado State University Athletics
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- MBA - Sport Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
• Oversees 20 operations and marketing staff in promoting the company and driving sales, rentals and service of golf carts for large-scale events nationwide.
• Hired and developed staff, including training on products, marketing tools, procedures and sales techniques.
• Analyzed client and staff needs for multiple teams, developed effective process flows and training programs, and documented them in Standard Operating Procedures.
• Establishes and manages budget for payroll, commission and inventory.
• Redesigned company website with POS system, which reduced internal processing time by over 80%.
• Tracks daily usage of carts and compares to year-to-date statistics in order to forecast equipment requirements for individual events.
• Managed bid process of potential insurance providers for company benefits change. Collected employee data and worked with insurance agent to compare coverage and pricing for best fit.
• Submitted and tracked co-ops and rebates from golf cart vendor, maximizing $40K in co-op credits each year. MARKETING
• Maintains company website, Facebook page and Constant Contact email blasts. Manages SEO which drives business to company website (virtual showroom) from across the US.
• Develops content for website and social media, as well as advertisements featured in radio space and industry publications.
• Created marketing databases for golf course communities by using Google Maps to identify target areas and accessing county Property Valuation Administration records to obtain addresses for use in direct mailings.
- Marketing & Event Operations Manager at Dever, Inc.
- Operations Director at Launch Team, LLC
- Operations Director at MESA
- Executive Assistant at iVFH Colonnade, LLE
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Guidance Counseling
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education
• Responsible for all Event Operations and the execution of banquet events.
• Directly oversees employees in Banquet
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Event Operations
• Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Develop on-the-job training programs for new hires and existing employees
• Implement a program for employee-manager team building and open forum within Banquet
- Event Operations Manager at Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Convention Center
- Banquet Manger and Food and Beverage Manger at Huntingdon Valley Country Club
- Beverage Manager at
- Lead Mail Distributor at North American Aviation Service
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
• Outreaching to New Clients via cold calls and trade shows while also identifying new markets and business opportunities.
• Representation at trade exhibitions and events.
• Weekly quantity monitoring of goods and recording sales and order information.
• Reviewing sales performances and quarterly reports and aiming to meet or exceed targets.
• Identify and investigate customer requirements and provide solutions to meet their needs.
• Proactive outbound calling to sales leads in order to develop customer base.
• Key liaison between client, event managers, in-house designers and other third-party vendors leading up to the event.
• Coordinate and manage the set-up and production of the event on site, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality event.
• Supervise and manage all suppliers and contractors working on location.
• Ensure a smooth operation throughout each event.
• Daily calls and meekly meetings pertaining to team collaboration to collectively produce a successful event.
- Booth Sales / Event Operations Manager at Mad Event Management LLC
- West Coast Sales Representative at Geek Riot Media LLC
- Framing Manager at Michaels Arts and Crafts
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BA - History/ English
- AA - English
• Coordination and planning of catering events for 200-1000 people including preparation, execution, and clean-up.
• Maintenance of collaborative relationships with distributors and retailers through problem-solving, critical thinking, and open communication.
• Effective oversight of employees and cash flow to ensure fluid and successful event operations.
- Event Operations Manager at Middleton BBQ Company
- Assistant Store Manager at Suter's Gold Medal Sports
- at Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Assistant Rink Operations Manager at Capitol Ice Arena
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science - Political Science
• Sales tracking and negotiations
• Event banquet coordination, execution, and breakdown
• Coordinating with managers, staff, clients, and other groups to ensure a smooth function
• Attend weekly social networking events to expand brand sales and clientele
• Social Media management and handling
• Cold Calling
- EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGER at Ball And Chain
- CASHIER SUPERVISOR at VICTORIA'S SECRET
- BILLING COORDINATOR at INTENSITY DANCERS' STUDIO
4 years at this Job
• Oversee all on-site details for executing group events, develop and follow checklist/itinerary, and troubleshoot event problems.
• Serve as liaison and contact person for coordinating details of events with clients, outside vendors, meeting planners, and others involved in events Preparation and service for events including set-up according to type of event and service standards
• Design, confirm, and communicate room layouts and set-up requirements for special events
• Maintain all equipment to ensure department can run efficiently
• Actively support other areas of the Conference Center, including kitchen prep & plate up, Front Desk reservations and shuttle service, Bar and restaurant expo and supervisor assistance
• Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees.
• Prepare and submit weekly Marriot host and contract staffing schedule, payroll, & PTO
• Assist with Beverage/Alcohol End of Month Inventory
• Assist with weekly GFS purchasing order
• Upheld Companies policies, expectations and standards
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Interim Event Operations Manager at Kingsgate Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- Event Operations Supervisor at Kingsgate Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- Volunteering for extra shifts to ensure at Kent State Hotel & Conference Center
- Head Server at Inn Walden
3 months at this Job
• Notable Events: Heisman Trophy Awards Gala; Grammy Awards Official After Party, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve VIP Party, New York Wine Experience, & Whiskey Fest New York
• Primary liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Technology, 3rd party vendors and the group contact throughout the event.
• Attends pre-event meetings to understand group needs in order to coordinate and manage the set-up and execution of the event onsite, ensuring that both client and event requirements are met.
• Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events and maximizes profit by effectively managing costs.
• Assist with hiring and training employees, performing administrative functions, and preparing employee work schedules.
- Event Operations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis
- Senior Manager of Event Services at Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
- Revenue & Special Events Manager at Entertainment Cruises
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Managed communications between our company and clients who contracted us for event services at experiential and private events for over 20 markets nationwide. Trained and supervised contractors in various markets either in person or remotely for project execution as needed. Researched new prospects, clients and technology as it became available to our industry and presented findings weekly to the CEO.
- Event Operations Manager at Clear Choice Photos
- Executive Assistant to the CEO at ALPHA PHOTOGRAPHY INC
- Talent Buyer at Fitzgerald's
- Account Executive / Client Retention at Paradigm Emergency Medical Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Some college