Responsible for the development, implementation, and optimization of customers Microsoft Exchange Environment. Provide a strong technical, analytical and communications skills for the management and administration of hosted Exchange environments. Responsibilities include day-to-day system administration including the monitoring of systems, security, performance, and backup/restore and configuration changes
● Secondary management and administrator to +80K Mailboxes on Global Exchange Enterprise comprised of (3) World regions, Europe, Asia, Americas.
● Resolved system issues on a proactive basis and kept servers up to date with all necessary software updates, hot fixes and service packs.
● Managed Backend Monitoring and Alarms and Database maintenance and recovery.
● Managed Server Backups, Mailbox Restores, Global Address List design and customization, Distribution Lists Organizational Forms and Public Folder administration.
● Monitored available disk space / Exchange whitespace, event logs and System alerts
● Ran Exchange Best Practice reports monthly to maintain Exchange system heath.
● Automated and executed Office 365 procedures utilizing Windows PowerShell.
● Resolved tenancy technical issues and monitored Office 365 systems.
● Administered and supported Office 365 and MS Exchange policies.
- Exchange Administrator at KForce
- Senior Exchange Engineer at Microsoft / Apex Systems
- Help Desk Manager at Charlotte School of Law
- Information System Regional Expert (IRSE) at Golden State Foods
1 month at this Job
- Diploma - Business
• Supports 5,000 domestic and international Exchange Online Mailboxes & Office 365 Products via PowerShell.
• Manages Cisco IronPort email security
• Administrator for Mimecast archiving cloud solution.
• Performs quarterly security& usage reviews related to Office 365 products.
• Uses 4Forward365 reporting software that is web based to perform audit and review of Office 365 products and users.
• Migrating various email plate forms to Exchange Online from company acquisitions.
• Investigating future technologies relating to Office 365 that would make the company efficient and secure.
- Exchange Administrator at DISTRIBUTIONNOW
- IT Contractor at INSIGHT, TEMPE
- Network Administrator at A SUBSIDIARY OF MERRILL LYNCH
- Network Administrator/ Manager at INGALLS HOME CARE
4 years, 9 months at this Job
Upgrade Microsoft Exchange from Version 2013 to 2016.
• Use in-place tools to move Email accounts from old Exchange 2013 servers to new Exchange 2016 environment
• Use Experience with Microsoft Exchange Management Shell and scripting for Batch mailbox moves and scheduling according to requirements
• Legal hold support using Archive Manager/Metalogix application
• Copy Email accounts for clients that have left the company into repository as per client requirements for long term storage
• Create and schedule EMS scripts for reporting necessary for on-going Exchange storage management.
- Exchange Administrator at
- Infrastructure Applications Analyst at Enbridge
- Email Applications Analyst at
- Information Security Systems Analyst at Service Corporation International
5 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Information Technology
Email administrator for Toyota Engineering Manufacturing North America.
● Worked on vNext upgrade of Toyota's NA Exchange system.
● Support of TEMA AD objects in the Microsoft O365 Cloud via powershell and the ECP.
● Documentation of job roles, scripts, and procedures.
● Room/shared mailbox/equipment creation via NetIQ DRA tool, Group administration via the FIM/MIM tool.
● KPI report generation via custom data pulls from AD.
● Authored powershell scripts to perform environment checks/updates/fixes.
● Level 3/4 support for user issues and ticket resolution.
● Change control creation /submission and implementation.
● SPAM management via Microsoft OPE / transport rules. Provided guidance to alleviate SPAM issues and implemented corrections to the environment.
● Continued support of internal Domino open relay servers and the co-existence environment between the production environment and cloud resources.
● Worked on Azure to Ansi-D upgrade of TEMA's Exchange system.
● Coordinated work between our messaging team and the AD and networking departments during planned changes and outages/issues.
● Member of the O365 Toyota governance team to unify requirements and procedures for all tenant divisions.
● Worked with senior executives to regain documents that were inadvertently purged due to policy changes.
● Handled zero day virus outbreaks via temporary rules, scan/purge by powershell and submission of infected files to Microsoft and anti-virus team. Made suggestions and co-authored a new response procedure for security threats.
- Outlook/Exchange Administrator at Toyota via Analysts International
- Notes/Domino Administrator at Toyota via Analysts International
- Sr. Notes/Domino Administrator at IBM
- Lab Technician / Programmer at IBM
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Computer Science equivalent
- AAS - Electronic technology
- - Computer and Systems
L2/L3 email and shared mailbox migration support in a Multi-Tenant Environment
● Provide daily 2nd level ticket support issues, IAM issues, mailbox, DL, SMB, mail routing, calendaring, SKYPE and Outlook client
● Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange Action Center, Exchange Management Shell and PowerShell administration
● Provide daily assistance and follow up for ServiceNow tickets
● Collaborated with IDM and licensing to assist with the on-boarding process for new contractors
- O365 Exchange Administrator at MetLife MCS
- O365 Exchange Administrator at Exchange Management Shell and PowerShell
- O365 Exchange Administrator at HCL/Gulfstream
- Migration Specialist at CSC
3 months at this Job
• Performed health checks on DAGs and databases to monitor health issues such as databases not active on their first preference server, unhealthy copies or queues, unhealthy content indexes, and other things that can sometimes go unnoticed with DAGs
• Ran reports of server performance to be able to track and troubleshoot issues as well as improve server performance.
• Provided full details of Exchange best practices for upgrades using MS Exchange calculator sheet
• Prepared migration from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business 2015.
• Migrated 2000 users to Skype for Business 2015
• Ran reports on persistent chat to verify that chat services were being provided properly through Skype for business URL end points.
• Implemented and resolved issues with Skype for Business 2015 certificates.
• Renewed exchange 2010 certificates to allow for connectivty for EWS.
• Planned the exchange 2010 expansion for larger database growth for 2 year period
• Povided Exchange 2010 support by responding to tickets regarding user outlook issues
• Utilized powershell to complete daily tasks and installment jobs.
• Created "Caution message" for emails that come from the internet
- MS Exchange Administrator at Idaho Power
- Lead Exchange Engineer at Estes Industries
- Lead Exchange Engineer at Towers Perrin
- Messaging Engineer at Devon Energy
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
Designed, planned and implemented Exchange 2013 environment.
● Assist a 3 man team with migration from Dell to Microsoft Exchange servers.
● Write custom scripts to assist with the migration and transition.
● Managed remaining Exchange environment for email retention and the recovery of mail for litigation attorneys.
● Designed, planned and implemented DMZ's and Barracuda firewall environments.
● Created a hybrid VM and virtual server environment.
● Participated in on-call rotation for after-hours support of systems.
- Exchange Administrator at VoxPro Group
- Exchange Systems Architect at Ryobi
- Technical Support Representative at Samsung Electronics
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Science
• Support the messaging environment in the Cloud (Office 365) for 27,500 mailboxes.
• Query Exchange environment using the Office 365 Command online tool.
• Review, test, and make recommendations for standard archive and email practices.
• Experience with supporting anti-spam filtering, logging and email tracking and transport rules.
• Support of eDiscovery projects.
• On-site support for Office 365 issues.
• Support Single Sign-On using Active Directory Federation Services with Multifactor Authentication
• Perform scripting administration tasks and reporting using PowerShell.
• Develop scripts for automating processes within the environment.
• Assisted client with configurations, PowerShell scripts.
• Active Directory support and Administration (Group Policy, permissions, account provisioning).
• Exchange Office 365 support, maintenance, and administration (Account provisioning, migration from Exchange to Office 365, distribution group creation).
• Support Microsoft Azure Identity Synchronization tool
• Monitoring and support intrusion activity
- Azure/Office 365 Exchange Administrator at Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation
- Senior Systems Administrator at BGE, INC
- Senior Systems Administrator at Syndeo Technologies
- Network Administrator at Crowe Paradis and Albren, LLC
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administración - Business Administración
- Project Management Certificate
Serve as technical lead and subject matter expert leading global IT operations supporting 2000 employees. Key Projects and Achievements: * Architected Hybrid Exchange 2010 and office 365 using Azure Active Directory Connect, Active Directory Federation Services, ADFS Proxy servers, Windows Network load balancers. * Migrated Exchange 2010 mailboxes to exchange online. * Introduced SharePoint Online and OneDrive. * Replaced Microsoft Windows 2008 active directory domain controllers with Microsoft Windows 2012 domain controllers across all Global Sites. * Drove project as team leader to successfully architected and deployed Exchange 2010 and reduced number of exchange sites to two. Moreover, introduced exchange database high availability using Microsoft Database Availability Group (DAG) and F-5 hardware load balancers (F-5 1600 LTM) and San attached storage i.e. Network Appliance filers. Completed this complex project without using outside consulting services and saved valuable money for the organization. * Successfully provided high availability for OWA, Outlook Anywhere, Active Sync clients by integrating exchange 2010 with Microsoft Threat Management Gateway 2010. * Integrated Dell Archive Manager for Exchange with Exchange 2010 for e-mail archival. * Introduced quick e-mail recovery using Network Appliance tool i.e. Snap Manager for Exchange. * Successfully managed consolidation of Microsoft Exchange 2003 Servers. Reduced the numbers of sites from 8 to 3. Moreover introduced High Availability of E-mail Services by implementing Exchange 2003 in Microsoft Windows 2003 Cluster. * Drove the project as team leader and replaced existing Global Unix Based web proxy servers with Microsoft Threat Management Gateway 2010 servers. * Improved the Virtual infrastructure by upgrading and introducing several VMware ESX severs to current version. * Regularly train IT helpdesk Team and remote Systems Administrators so that they could handle ist and 2nd level tickets. * Management of Microsoft Windows Infrastructure including Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 servers, DNS, DHCP Servers. * Management of Active Directory Forest, Child Domains, Schema, Group policies. * Patching of Windows Infrastructure including Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 servers * Automation of Active Directory, Exchange, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Office 365 using PowerShell scripting * Management of Network appliance storage including Aggregates, Volumes, Luns, Snapshots, Snap Vault and Snap Mirror, Single Mailbox Recovery. * Disaster Recovery using Network appliance technologies * Vendor Liaison, products evaluation, product recommendations, budgeting and define roadmaps for next couple of years. * Merger with various organizations.
- Senior Exchange Administrator at Integrated Device Technology, Inc
- Staff Systems Administrator at Cadence Design System
10 years, 3 months at this Job
Project: Administrated the office 365/Exchange users, protocols and policies. Provided backup, recovery and security for Microsoft Exchange.
• Provided support and maintenance of Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access and Microsoft Office Outlook E-mail, Calendaring & Scheduling.
• Configured email client with office 365 mailbox, configured mobile phones with email clients, shared calendars and troubleshoot issues related to sharing, experience with Office 365 Pro Plus troubleshooting issues.
• Resolved connectivity issues for remote users while managing upgrades, backups, server configuration, remote mail, security, virus protection.
• Ran server health and replication reports to assure that systems were running at the expected optimal performance.
• Creating new groups and group policies, Added, deleted, modified user and group permissions and access in Active Directory.
• Migrated Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 for 6500 users.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Exchange Management Console.
• Managed Exchange client configuration using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 & 2010
• Setting up Skype for business for clients, Scheduling client meetings using calendaring services.
• Raising tickets with Microsoft during issues and Resolving the issues inside the organization by troubleshooting.
• Enabled test users to Skype for busyness online, and tested their functionality.
• Enabled all users for licenses for Skype for Business and enabled policies and conferencing.
• Maintained system documentation logs and assisting in troubleshooting and diagnosis of system problems.
• Managed Symantec Security for SMTP and configured multiple policies as a requirement of business Environment: Azure AD Connect, DirSync, ADFS, Remote Connectivity Analyzer, PowerShell scripts.
- Office 365/Exchange Administrator at Occidental Petroleum
- Exchange Administrator at Trinity Industries
- Office 365 Administrator at Pfizer
- Windows System Administrator at CGI
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters - Computer Information Science