Exercise Physiologist looking for a new and exciting opportunities.
Creative and upbeat, with a positive attitude. I am well organized and a good multi-tasker. I am a quick learner, pick up on things fast and am willing to learn anything that needs to be. Good communicator with co-workers and supervisors along with any other administrators, staff or students. I keep to a schedule, have tasks done on-time.
I have experience with managing social media sites and other websites. Organizing events and fundraisers for work and the community.
• TRINITY HEALTH
• AUGUST 2014 - PRESENT Under the title of Exercise Physiologist, I have many duties and responsibilities. Under this title I am a full-time personal trainer, the head high school strength and conditioning coach and I also coach CrossFit. Personal training, I help clients of all fitness levels achieve their desired goals. I design and keep up with training programs, tailoring them for each individuals’ specific goals. I am responsible for recruiting and maintaining my own clientele. Administrative work comes in as I have to schedule clients and assessments, perform assessments and file them accordingly. Follow up calls to clients are important, making sure the scheduling is right and making sure all-important paper working is sorted and filed appropriately. Head strength and conditioning coach at Minot High School includes creating appropriate programming for pre-season, in season and post season teams and athletes. Teach proper lifting technique and form to keeps athletes safe in the weight room. I oversee athletes while they are in the weight room, to make sure they stay safe and clean up the weight room when they are done. I have to stay in contact with coaches to schedule lifting, the programming and the progress of the athletes. I get to work closely with the athletic training staff to help control and prevent injury along with aiding in rehab of athletes. Part of this is also offering a summer strength and conditioning program for all athletes between sixth grade all the way up to twelfth grade. This program provides weightlifting and conditioning training during the summertime. CrossFit Coach for North Plains CrossFit located at the Minot Family YMCA here in Minot, North Dakota. On completion of my CF-L1 course, I became one of the head coaches for our CrossFit program. As such, I am responsible for programming our workouts a month at a time with help from my other coaches. Once programs are in place, it’s my responsibility to properly instruct lifts and workouts step by step, notice flaws and fix them, tailor workouts properly to those that need scaling options based on their current fitness level and encourage a positive atmosphere during workouts. It is important that as coaches we teach the methodology, proper terminology and the overall bases of CrossFit. I make myself available for one on one instruction, nutrition tips and advice, and be there to challenge athletes to set fitness and nutrition goals. I make sure to keep attendance in all classes, manage our Wodify program for members and continue to have a good relationship with all members. FITNESS ASSOCIATE/WELLNESS ATTENDANT
• MINOT FAMILY YMCA
• MARCH 2016 – PRESENT Working as part of the YMCA training staff, I was responsible for welcoming members as they come into the training center, as they leave and be available to answer any questions members may have. I had to be educated on how the equipment, weight and cardio equipment was properly operated. Part of this was making sure equipment was clean, organized and running properly as well. I had to sweep and mop the flooring, pick up any trash that ended up on the floor or carpet and get chalk of the floor. It was important to keep the weight room clean and organized, all weights and plates picked up and put away and get everything off the floor for the safety of our members. Making sure the weight room and cardio room were clean and safe to use for members was top priority. I still work on an as needed basis. EDUCATION BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN KINESIOLOGY
• AUGUST 2014
• NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY Focus in Exercise Science. Final GPA earned 3.20. In my four years at the university I was a part of the NMSU Kinesiology Club as the head of advertising, a member of Phi Eta Sigma Honors Society, member of Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Society and volunteered as a tutor. Originally started as an Athletic Training major, three years of my college career. Did student athletic training for the Football and Rodeo team, worked in the clinic and managed clinical paperwork and notes. MASTER OF SCIENCE IN SPORTS MANAGEMENT WITH A CERTIFICATE IN SPORTS ADMINISTRATION
• IN PROGRESS
• SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY Currently working on Master program through Southern New Hampshire University online. I have one core class, two sports electives and three business electives left to finish. VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE OR LEADERSHIP Trinity Health Tough Enough to Wear Pink Radio Remotes take place during Breast Cancer Awareness month and start during the North Dakota State Fair. The Exercise Physiology department partners with the Trinity Cancer Care Center and the local radio station WGO to host radio remotes. They are hosted by local businesses that have donated to the cause, we are there to get it out on the radio and in person. We sell Tough Enough to Wear Pink apparel, Y’s Men’s Rodeo raffle tickets and give out information on our Cancer Rehab Program. It’s a great way to get out in the community and build personal relationships for a great cause. All proceeds stay here in Minot and fund our Cancer Rehab Program. Minot Family YMCA Annual Splash, Spin and Dash Sprint Triathlon is an indoor triathlon we put on in harshest part of the winter here in Minot. I help organize and run race day operations. We get local sponsors and supports to donate food, prizes and giveaways for our race day goodie bags. I help bring in sponsors and donations for race day, communicate with local businesses to their support and hopefully gain some participants. North Plains CrossFit, we put on a local competition for athletes to participate in. SoVa Throw down is what we call it, SoVa stands for Souris Valley. This is a CrossFit competition open to our community to compete in, all skill levels welcome. Our box, North Plains CrossFit hosts out of the Minot Family YMCA. I organize the whole competition, write the workouts, get sponsors and donations, advertise and ensure we have the space and equipment needed. Along with the other coaches, we get competition day waivers signed and organized, get participants in their proper heats and run a smooth fun competition. As part of the Trinity staff that is partnered with the Minot Family YMCA, I help with any questions that come up about new equipment, ordering equipment, learning to use some of the training center machines, member questions and concerns and anything that may come up having to do with our training center. I help our Program Director with and concerns that may come up and how we could make our training center better. As part of the staff at one point I have a good knowledge of different brands of equipment and how to use them.
- Exercise Physiologist at Trinity Health Exercise Physiology
- Wellness Director at Trinity Health Exercise Physiology
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Kinesiology
- High School Diploma
• Cardiac Rehab Exercise Physiologist
• Work with patients who have had a Cardiac Intervention. This means exercise prescriptions, education components (nutrition, psychosocial, cholesterol, BP, diabetes, etc.), open dialogue, obtaining BP's, watching telemetry for abnormalities, among other things.
• Behind the scenes care including Individual Treatment Plans, speaking with physicians if any concerns, obtaining medical records, evaluations, calling referrals, and any other needed task.
- Exercise Physiologist at Mid Michigan Medical Center
- Nutrition Aide at Mid Michigan Medical Center
- Group Fitness Instructor at
- Assistant Manager - Bass at Phillips Van Heusen Company
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Exercise Physiology
- Associate - Health Fitness Specialist
I currently work as an Exercise Physiologist in the Echocardiography lab conducting stress testing. I see a diverse population of patients, all having their own individual health concerns. I also am certified to start IVs, provide ACLS patient care, and also certified in BLS.
- Exercise Physiologist at St. Lukes Hospital
- Intramural Sports Supervisor at Pittsburg State Recreation Department
- Emergency Room Intern at Allen County Regional Hosptial
- Pharmacy Technician/ Delivery Driver at Iola Pharmacy
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science in Exercise Science
- Associate of Applied Science
As an Exercise Physiologist I do health screenings for members. Health screening include taking basic vital, cholesterol check, body measurements, fitness testing and then I prescribe a workout. Its our jobs to walk around on the floor and provide help to members with their questions and show them the proper form of movements. We are also responsible for cleaning up the facility.
- Exercise Physiologist at HealthPlex
- Medical Officer/Reservist at US Army
- Fitness Consultant at Golds Gym
- Fitness Consultant at Fit 4 Life
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Exercise Science
- High School Diploma
Boone, NC (Present)
• Supervise patients during exercise sessions
• Develop exercise prescriptions for disease and weight management
• Group and individualized resistance training focused on activities of daily living
• Teach educational classes on healthy lifestyle changes and diabetes management Exercise Physiologist, Paul Broyhill Wellness Center, Boone NC (Fall/Winter 2017-2018)
• Develop of exercise prescriptions for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation patients
• Oversee patients during exercise session
• One on one resistance training focused on activities of daily living
- Exercise Physiologist at Paul Broyhill Wellness Center
- Graduate Assistant at Appalachian Regional Health Care
- Over saw front desk, in charge of membership tours and sales at FitFactory
- Intern at Fairhaven Fitness
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science in Exercise Science - Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science - Exercise Science
Oklahoma City, OK August 2014 - Present
Intensive Cardiac Rehab, Outpatient Cardiac Rehab and Peripheral Artery Disease Rehab
• Conduct fitness assessments, prescribe exercise, monitor EKG and progress patients until they complete the program
• Train new hires and interns
• Manage nurse, exercise physiologist and specialist patient lists
• Liaison to visit and observe successful rehab programs out of state and bring back new knowledge to restructure OCR program
• Collaborated with OHH's CNO, supervisors of north and south campus in the restructure of OCR program
• Maintain safe, organized facility to include identification and correction of potential injuries or problems
- Exercise Physiologist at Oklahoma Heart Hospital
- Studio Sales and Cycle Instructor at Oklahoma Heart Hospital
- Operations Support Administrative Assistant at
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Kinesiology
• Assisted over 1000 patients achieve heart, lung, diabetic recovery and risk factor behavior modification.
• Assisted and educated over 50 exercise science interns to meet ACSM KSAs and hours for their certification exams.
• Helped maintain efficient operation of the department.
• ACSM Clinical Exercise Physiologist certification. Responsibilities:
• Exercise prescription as noted above.
• Internship supervisor for exercise science students.
• Update policies and procedures for exercise programming.
• Maintaining all department medical and educational supplies.
• Presentations to patients and medical professionals throughout the state on cardiopulmonary and diabetic rehabilitation, exercise prescription and risk factor modification. Paul L. Daugherty, MS
• [email protected]
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist at CHI Health Saint Elizabeth
- Exercise Specialist at Bryan Health
- Graduate Assistant at Northern Illinois University
18 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Education
• Provided pre and post therapy exercises as well as exercise prescription to meet client needs
• Assisted the lead exercise physiologist ensuring client safety throughout exercise protocols
• Motivated and encouraged participants to challenge themselves while adhering to Core principles
- Exercise Physiologist Intern at Core Physical Medicine
- Corporate Wellness Program Director/Small Business Owner at Schwob Building Company
- Office Manager at New Leaf Chiropractic
- Project Manager at Bill Glass International Prison Ministry
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology - Kinesiology
• Helped patients in different populations with a variety of conditions including heart disease, stroke and diabetes improve their health by ensuring the prescribed exercises were performed safely, with correct form and at the required exertion level.
• Conducted small group training sessions and one-on-one training with both patients as well as healthy clients.
• Measured patients' vital signs (heart rate, blood pressure and SPO2) before, during and after exercise.
• Stretched patients following training sessions using passive as well as proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation techniques
• Modified exercise program to accommodate for patient's mobility restrictions and/or disabilities
• Maintained documentation on the progress of each patient after every group or individual training session
- Exercise Physiologist at JP Verdisco Exercise Science
- Physical Therapy Aide at Professional Physical Therapy
- Intern at JP Verdisco Exercise Science
- Research Assistant at CUNY Lehman College
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Exercise Science
• Exercise Physiologist: exercise prescription, blood pressure monitoring, cholesterol testing, biometric data calculations.
• Health Coach: met with clients and discussed reaching health goals and developed personal exercise plans.
• Program Manager: company data analysis, invoicing and scheduling.
- Exercise Physiologist and Program Manager at BWI Health Promotions
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Exercise Science