• Expanded functions dental assistant
• Chair side assisting
• Front office
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Dr. Gayle Sanchez D.D.S
- Dental Assistant at Dr. C.J Richard D.D.S
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Plantation Management
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma - Dental Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant - Expanded duty dental assistant
I am in charge of ordering and inventory. Also pay some of The Dr. bills and am in charge of supplies and how to cut cost. I am also a chair side expanded functions dental assistant and work very hard at multitasking and accomplishing what I need to get done on a daily basis.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Dr. James Schmidt DDS
- Dental Assistant at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Dental Assistant at Dr. Joy Bedwell DMD
- Bartender/Cocktail Waitress at Doubletree Hotel
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- None - Information Technology/ Cyber Security
I have been working in a fast passed FQHC for nearly seven years as a full time Expanded Functions Dental Assistant.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Healthlinc Community Health Center
- EFDA at NorthShore Health Centers
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- EFDA Dental Assistant - Dental
4212 n.16th street Phoenix, Arizona 85016 Supervisory Dental Assistant/Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA)
- Supervisory Dental Assistant/Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Phoenix Indian Medical Center
- Dental Assistant at Ft. Defiance IHS
- Dental Assistant at Dr. Robinson's Dental
23 years at this Job
Fort Meade, MD 20755 United States 05/2016 - Present Hours per week: 40 Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: I applied my knowledge of oral and dental anatomy and oral and dental morphology in performing the following duties: I helped restore teeth prepared by the dentist. I accurately mixed dental materials according to the latest scientific and manufacturing guidelines to ensure the exact quality and quantity of material required for clinical use. I placed and cured the appropriate cavity bases and liners where directed by the dentist. I placed and removed rubber dams and placed matrix bands and wedges to ensure integrity of the material, proper isolation from oral fluids, and the ultimate successful outcome of the procedure. I polished restorations to ensure the margins of the material are sealed with the tooth to ensure and prolong the clinical success of the restoration. I placed, compressed, and cured simple composite and glass-ionomer restorations. I placed properly adhering dental sealants and I applied topical fluoride as a means of preventive dental care. I placed and contoured temporary restorations in cases of dental emergencies I performed pulpal vitality tests. I applied knowledge of indirect restoration fabrication, instrumentation and materials to prepare and cement temporary provisional crowns and restorations. I remove temporary crowns and as well as excess cement to help with the proper adaptation of the final crown during the delivery process. I placed and removed retraction cords and places desensitizing agents such as Gluma on teeth to help reduce post-operative sensitivity. I constructed athletic mouth-guards, custom impression trays and soft bite-guards. I performed etching and bonding procedures and cured cements and restorations by use of a Light Cure. I dried root canals using paper points to ensure complete seal of the canal during the obturation procedure. I placed and removed periodontal dressings as required. I maintained a safe work environment utilizing infection control techniques, knowledge of sterilization procedures and occupational safety concerns. I performed exceptional chair side assisting by anticipating dentist's needs at each stage of treatment. I maintained a clear operating field by using high volume evacuator and suction tip to remove fluids and debris, retracted patient's tongue, cheek, and tissues. I applied topical anesthetic, medicaments, and surgical gauze following extraction as directed; removed sutures. I monitored patient's physical state during procedures identifying signs of syncope, distress, and pain. I took preliminary impressions, modified impression trays, fabricated custom trays, poured and trimmed casts. I placed and removed medicated periodontal fibers and fabricated surgical stents. I performed supra-gingival prophylaxis treatment. I applied knowledge of digital dental imaging radiographic (DDIR) procedures and operated DDIR equipment in making intra-oral/extra-oral images utilizing current state of the art techniques. In addition, I performed conventional dental radiographic procedures and operated conventional radiographic equipment to take intra-oral/panoramic images utilizing conventional techniques. I scheduled, received and prepared patients for treatment. I obtained and recorded related medical history of patients, assisting patient as necessary; routed patients for medical tests and services when required. I kept records of appointment, treatment rendered and other recurring reports and record requirements. I charted examinations and treatment information in the patient's record as directed by the dentist, to include vital signs. I managed provider/clinic schedules and entered dental productivity workload and patient data information in the Corporate Dental Application (CDA) dental management software program. I prepared instruments, medicaments, and material sequentially for use by the dentist. I recorded information relayed by dentist on prescriptions and a variety of other forms for signature by the dentist. I prepared implant instruments, materials and components sequentially and to assist in dental implant restorative procedures. I exercised technical knowledge to identify and separate implant systems and implant radiographic images from other implant systems, and ordered the correct implant component for implant system utilized. I maintained the dental operatory in a clean and functional state in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines; and prepared standard instructions to patients in preventive dental care, demonstrating brushing and flossing and explaining the common causes of tooth decay and periodontal disease. I prepared standard packs while maintaining standard packs and auto-clave hand pieces in an orderly and functional state; ordered supplies to maintain adequate supply levels. Provided required preventive maintenance to dental units and equipment. Properly disposed of sharps and contaminated waste. I performed dental readiness, receptionist responsibilities. Supervisor: Norman Rogers (540-222-3043) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Llewellyn Ave, Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center
- Dental Clinic NCOIC at US Army
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at WHEATON AND PG MALL DENTAL
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Dentistry
• PRN Expanded Functions Dental assistant for various dentists throughout Kansas City.
• Certified in Rubber Dam placement, Fabrication of Temporary Crowns, Pitt and Fissure Sealants, Bases, Alginate Impressions, Temporary Restorations, Suture Removal, Coronal Polishing, and Fluoride Application
• Unparalleled X-ray technician in taking/developing patient dental radiographs, and Intra-oral imaging.
• Chairside assistant excelling in Crown and Bridge procedures, Oral Surgery, Endodontic as well as cosmetic and general operative dental procedures.
• Partnered with Oral Maxillofacial surgeon during surgery and IV sedation procedures.
• Benchmarked sterilization procedures for 12 dental and clinical staff; maintained accuracy. Administrative Support
• Implemented programs to increase efficiency and time management reducing overtime.
• Business administrator in charge of tracking/ordering supplies; balanced inventory with production.
• Ombudsman working with patients to resolve billing and personal conflicts.
• Scheduled patient appointments to include verifying insurance and collecting payments.
• Accountable for annual verification of patient information and insurance coverage.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Dr. Garret Guthrie Family Dentistry
at this Job
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant, four-handed chair-side assistant,sterilization,opening and setting up for patients,OSI computer entering treatments, x-rays, Pano, patient education, consulting, charting, weekly and monthly maintance sterilization equidment, impressions, endo, surgurial extractions, general dentistry, bleaching trays,infection control,keeping operatories clean, sending out lab work
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Immediadent Urgent Dental Care
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at KoolSmiles Children's Dentistry
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Kentucky Clinic North
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certified Expanded Duty Assistant - Dental Assisting
Clinical responsibilities include assisting doctors in various dental procedures that range from general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and endodontics. Preform expanded function duties, take patient x-rays, prepare lab cases, maintain sterilization, and assist in coordinating patient treatment plans. Business responsibilities answering front desk phone calls, prepare and present treatment plans, verify insurance and eligibility of benefits, schedule patient appointments, and collect payments for services.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Lakewood Family Dental
- Clinical Externship at LADD Dental Kokomo
- Veterinary Service Attendant at Huffer Farms, INC
6 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Sciencee - Dental Assisting
- Associate of General Studies - General Studies
I perform duties associated with dental assisting and expanded functions. I provide the best quality of care to any of my patients. I educate them about their mouth and the procedures being performed. I take radiographs using digital. I take impressions of the dentition when needed. I place core build ups. I take digital scan impressions and send electronically to the lab. I restore teeth on various patients ranging from a small child to the elderly.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Dr. David Shemo
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Casey Dental Inst
- Line Packer at System One/Hershey Chocolate Factory
- Dental Assistant at Dr. Thomas Doran
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- License - Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
• Lead dental assistant, Office management training, Invisalign and iTero trained, Placement of attachments and elastics. Restorative scanning. verified insurances, Treatment plan coordinator.
• Assisted during procedures including: Crown and Bridge (single/round house). composites, extractions, root canal therapies, pulpotomies, crown lengthening, gingivectomys, denture repair, F/, /F, P/, /P, NG adjustments/polish, fabrication of NG and bleaching trays, invisalign, medical history review, periodontal charting, treatment planning existing/diagnosed conditions.
• Checked patience in and out of the practice, scheduled and confirmed appointments, attended work seminars and thrive meetings, called in prescriptions, create lab cases and ordered pickups both in house and online. Create and discuss treatment plans, introduce patients to care credit. Treatment planner coordinator
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Dunedin Dental Care
- Expanded functions Dental Assistant at Great Expressions
- Expanded functions Dental Assistant at All Ages Dental Spa
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant at Hollywood Smiles Center
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma