● Built calibrated 3-D regional and prospect level basin models for each basin, highlighting hydrocarbon type, abundance and likely migration pathways
● Lead geologist for recent piston core operation, in charge of decision making, coordinating with geological consulting company, and assisting in regulatory reporting
- Exploration Geologist at Repsol USA
- Student Caller at University of Texas at Austin Annual Giving Center
- Manager/Co-Owner at Personal Lawn Care Business
6 years at this Job
- B.S. - Geoscience
• Assessed gold prospectivity of the company's tenement holdings and identified exploration targets or projects
• Prepared budgets for exploration and drilling programs for Management approval
• Planned, implemented and supervised greenfields and brownfields geophysical and geochemical exploration programs
• Planned, implemented and supervised surface and underground exploration, resource development, water bore, and geotechnical drilling programs
• Ensured that programs were completed in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, complying with all relevant statutory acts and regulations, legal requirements, and internal policies and procedures
• Managed geological data collection and ensured that data collected are compliant with industry and legal standards
• Trained, mentored and supervised junior geological staff, technicians and contractors on system procedures and protocols (including sampling methods, QAQC considerations, geological/geotechnical logging, data analysis/processing and management, environmental management, safety management, and company administrative systems)
• Conducted local- to regional-scale geological and structural mapping and related studies (i.e. petrographic studies)
• Organized, in coordination with the Senior Field Technician, field logistics
• Developed local- to regional-scale 3D geological models
• Prepared internal and external reports and memoranda on a regular basis
• Reviewed, recommended, developed and implemented system procedures and protocols
- Senior Exploration Geologist at Saracen Gold Mines Pty. Ltd. (www.saracen.com.au)
- Project Exploration Geologist at Saracen Gold Mines Pty. Ltd
- Exploration Geologist at Saracen Gold Mines Pty. Ltd
- Hydrogeologist/Water Quality Specialist at Energy Development Corporation (www.energy.com.ph)
3 years at this Job
- Diploma - Photo Interpretation
- - Graduate Course
- Bachelor of Science in Geology - Geology
Completed geological contracting work for Fremont Gold Ltd. And VanGold (Intermont
Resources) in Northern Nevada
• Experience in Field and Office work
• Soil sampling, re-papering claim blocks, staking new claims, and conducting magnetic surveys of claim blocks
- Exploration Geologist at Tectonex LLC
- Pharmacist Assistant at Shoppers Drug Mart
- Junior Precambrian Geological Assistant at Saskatchewan Geological Survey
- Geology 102 Teaching assistant at University of Regina
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Geology
• Project management of surface drilling operations with drilling contractors to ensure a timely drilling schedule and budget reconciliation
• Detailed core logging for holes drilled from surface operations and subsurface operations
• Create maps from logged data to outline formations and potential exploration sites throughout the mining area to plan future drilling locations
• Communicate with members of the community to help Nyrstar maintain a favorable standing
- Exploration Geologist at Nyrstar
- Data Migration Manager at BrioStack
- Wellsite Geologist/Geosteerer at Core Geologic
- Frac Sand Lab Technician at Global Energy Laboratories
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Geology
Ø Worked with the Tasiast geology team to achieve the big discovery in West Branch(15M oz) (Taiast –Dorsale Reguibat - Archean ) as a rig geologist and the logging core geologist as well; Ø Worked close to the exploration management to achieve the discovery in Tamay (0.5M oz) (Taiast – Dorsale Reguibat - Archean ) as a safety leader; Reduced the number of LTI from 11 LTIs in to 2011 to zero LTI in 2012 and up to date, also the MTI from 23 in 2011 to 2 in 2012 and zero in 2013 up to date
- Exploration Geologist / HSE Supervisor at Tasiast
- Supervisor at HSE
- Supervisor at HSE
- Officer at HSE
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Geology
- Mining Geology
- Bachelor in Biology-Geology - Biology-Geology
over 25 years exploration geologist, predominately metals exploration.
- Geologist/Project Manager at Several different companies
32 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - geology
- Bachelor's - geology
- Exploration Geologist at Devon Energy
4 years, 6 months at this Job
Conduct research and literature reviews for projects. Exploration Geologist, duties include building and updating projects, mapping formations and faulting in Geographix.
- Geologist at Pearl Oil and Gas
- LAB ASSISTANT at Youngstown State University
- PEER TUTOR at Youngstown State University
- Geotech at Pure Earth Resources
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Geology - Geology
- High school or equivalent
● Managing soil sampling teams and assisting with geophysical IP surveys.
● Drill Rig Management. Supporting active drilling operations, determining drill Total Depth, quick logging rock core, supervising the movement and placement of equipment onto new drilling sites.
● Substantial experience working with and around helicopters including such models as R44, 500, ASTAR, Baby Huey, and Jet Ranger
● Photographing and whole core sampling of drilled rock core.
● Experience with living in remote camps for extended periods.
● Pan concentrate sampling
● Logistical support for setting up and mobilizing remote camps.
- Exploration Geologist at Avalon Development Corporation
- Junior Geologist at Pacific Rim Geological Consulting Inc.
- Trail Development Crew at Alaska State Parks Department
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Geological Engineering
Joined a start-up company as part of a talented team exploring opportunities in the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins for further development and new prospects.
• Created and populated a complete database from the ground up.
• Picked thousands of tops and correlated >2000 wells which were used to make isochore, structure maps as well as advanced petrophysical properties such as HCPV, OOIP, and Vclay for the Mississippian Shale, Carbonate, Chert, and Woodford Formations.
• Participated in drilling 17 wells, taking 2 cores, and using data to understand the expanding Chert play.
• Contributed to and presented work to investors and outside organizations.
- Senior Exploration Geologist at Council Oak Resources
- Staff Geologist at Exploration Team, Newfield Exploration
- Geologist at SandRidge Energy Corp
- Geologist at Chesapeake Energy Corp
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Science - Geology
- Bachelor of Science - Geology
- - Geology