Exclusive Opportunity for an Inspired Leader
Multi-Generational Family-Owned-and-Operated Embroidered Emblem and Custom Embroidered Products Manufacturer
A-B EMBLEM seeks a GENERAL MANAGER for our Mexican Manufacturing Base located just outside of beautiful Puebla City, Mexico
A-B EMBLEM is a 127 year old family business. Within the embroidery industry we have a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth, and offer our employees excellent opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to join our family and share in our success.
Please visit https://www.abemblem.com and https://www.logomundo.com.mx for a more in depth understanding of our company and products.
The GENERAL MANAGER will provide the overall leadership for our Puebla manufacturing facility, accountable to the home office in the North Carolina. Leading a combined staff of 85 to 115 mostly long-term employees.
The GENERAL MANAGER will lead the charge in all areas of this fast-moving made-to-order business including production, material flow, order entry, purchasing, information technology, quality, and financial performance.
A-B EMBLEM seeks an honest big-picture leader with sound judgment, who will empower our employees to take ownership and pride in their work, who is equally comfortable on the shop floor and in the office.
Puebla is a beautiful high plains desert region. At 7,000 feet above sea level, Puebla has a dry climate, never gets too hot, and is considered one of the safest places in Mexico. Puebla City has 3.2 million residents and has amazing history, art, fantastic restaurants, and many shopping centers.
* Manage the Day-to-Day Operations of the Factory, to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
* Maximize profitable growth.
* Drive continuous quality improvements.
* Develop the management strategy and prioritize initiatives in order to deliver sustainable business growth.
* Closely track total company performance to assure that targets are met and delivered.
* Provide premier customer service; continuously achieve and exceed our customer's expectations.
* Develop a technically qualified work force.
* Empower our employees to continuously achieve and exceed customer expectations.
* Develop and implement procedures and processes to improve productivity.
* Effectively communicate strategies, priorities and initiatives.
* Drive a culture of accountability and results.
* Build a culture of collaboration and performance.
* Promote employee engagement and team spirit
* Ensure team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions and ensure that decisions are rapidly implemented.
* Ensure that our corporate cultural principles and behaviors are embraced and followed throughout the organization.
* Build strong relationships with all suppliers and employees.
* Build and maintain efficient and effective supply chain practices.
* Assure compliance with internal processes and track KPI's related to manufacturing and planning.
* Support the Manufacturing leaders and their teams on the execution of the strategic plans.
* Support the Manufacturing leaders to develop their departments and ensure that we have the right people and resources to realize our objectives.
* Reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
* Ensure the Factory has proper inventory, production control scheduling, shipping / receiving logistics and quality program systems in place.
* Overall P&L responsibility for the Mexican Manufacturing Operation.
* Partner with the US team to develop the annual budget plans.
* Communicate with US home office executive team to keep them current on the manufacturing performance.
* Accomplish objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making corrections.
* A proven history of leadership by example.
* Relevant experience with companies of similar size and dynamics. Or a strong desire to work for such a company.
* Ability to execute and deliver results by empowering and inspiring a manufacturing management team which includes sales, marketing, merchandising and planning.
* Excellent, proven strategic skills and the ability to build and leverage strong relationships at the senior level.
* Proven ability to develop effective business strategies.
* Proven ability to create and manage high-performing and diverse business teams.
* Analytical, collaborative and flexible with strong communications skills.
* Strong emotional intelligence.
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent discipline is required. Minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
* A proven track record of success and experience managing a textile, apparel, or skilled hand labor manufacturing company.
* Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information to Management, customers, and employees.
* Practical experience in implementing lean technologies and practices.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Bilingual: Expert spoken, and written fluency in English and Spanish is required.
* Proven P&L responsibility for an organization, including internal control compliance and budgeting.
* Superior communication and team building skills.
* Able to travel approximately up to 10% of the time.
* Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing tools.
* Knowledgeable in traditional time and motion study and MTM-1 is a huge advantage.
Honest with strong ethical principles
High level of Integrity
Infectious Good Energy
Customer Service Oriented
Laser Focused on Continuous Improvement
Strong analytical skills and ability to identify areas for improvement
Communication – oral, written and listening skills
A-B EMBLEM wants to make a positive impact on the lives of our employees.
We're looking for inspired communicators, problem solvers and analytical big-picture thinkers who want to grow with us.
A-B EMBLEM offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants please provide C.V. and 4 professional references.
Include reference contact information.
Feel free to include a personal note about why you believe you are the best person for this job.
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY
CONTACT BY EMAIL ONLY
NO CALLS, NO AGENCIES