FUNCTION SUMMARY: Perform root cause analysis of mixed signal, analog and digital devices as submitted by Yield Enhancement, Customer Quality Engineering, Reliability, Design or Process Engineering in a high-tech lab environment. These analysis efforts involve electrical characterization and localization of the failure, physical analysis to determine the exact correctable cause whenever necessary, and communication of results in both written and oral form. Train and Mentor new Failure Analysis Engineers and Interns. EXPERIENCE PERFORMING: ⦁ Non-destructive Analysis ⦁ Global Isolation Techniques ⦁ Electrical Analysis ⦁ Layout/Schematic Review ⦁ Nodal Isolation ⦁ Physical Analysis and Isolation Techniques ACCOMPLISHMENTS: ⦁ Identified design layout sensitivities through complex failure analysis techniques, which expedited product release. ⦁ Provided Failure Analysis support for high voltage isolation devices which helped win crucial customer sockets. ⦁ Helped resolve customer line down issues through priority driven and detail oriented failure analysis techniques. ⦁ Train and mentor the next generation Failure Analysis Engineer to secure continuity of the business.
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at Texas Instruments, Inc
- Manager at Texas Instruments, Inc
- Product Quality Engineer at Texas Instruments, Inc
- Sr. Product Engineer at Texas Instruments, Inc
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- BACHELORS (B Sc.) - Electrical Engineering
Physical Failure Analysis Engineer specializing in FA Process Development, Consultation, Device Inspection, Sample Prep and Fault Isolation using various analytical techniques. Experienced in Failure analysis for MEMS, NAND, LED, Flip Chip Packages and Power Devices
➢ Prepare Metallographic Samples using cross sectioning and PVD coating for SEM imaging
➢ Conduct non destructive inspection using Metallographic Microscope, SEM, 2D/3D X-RAY and CSAM
➢ Perform destructive analysis using: Decapsulation with laser and chemical, Die removal from package, Die deprocessing/delayering using RIE and CMP polishing, Strip to Silicon, Light Polishing and Backside Prep
➢ Develop new processes continuously for FA analysis on customer and part by part basis
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Nanolab Technologies
- Graduate Researcher at Santa Clara University
- Product Configuration Engineer at SanDisk
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Materials Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Failure Analysis Engineer (Jan 2018-Feb 2019)
• Failure Analysis (FA) Engineer with proven experience in collecting and analyzing complex data to provide root cause solutions on advanced node 14nm FINFET devices
• Primary support liaison to FA customer engineering for one of Samsung’s largest external foundry customers in efforts to solve issues under dynamic situations to meet critical production deadlines
• Worked closely with other fab engineering teams (Process Integration, Product, Defect, Yield, and Quality and Reliability) to identify in support of manufacturing groups and the fab production Root cause findings and contributions have led to thousands of wafers being dispositioned to customers protecting the fab from substantial losses
• In depth knowledge of FA processes and techniques for finding and classifying defects
• Knowledge on wafer prep SEM, TEM, delayering procedures, fabrication techniques like chemical vapor deposition(CVD), photolithography techniques like mask exposure, spinning resist and soft baking, development of wafer after UV exposure, wet and dry etching
• Understanding of electrical fault isolation methodologies (DCG Meridian for PEM, DLS, LVx isolation, DCG ELITE Enhanced Lock In Thermography Emission, DCG nanoprobing)
• Access and use of high security software (Synopsys Yield Explorer, Camelot GDS layouts) for evaluation of foundry customer SRAM and Logic circuitry to understand electrical root cause fails.
• Knowledge of advanced 14nm process flow from FEOL to BEOL and able to apply this information to identify where the defect is located.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Samsung Austin Semiconductor
- Lecturer at Jeppiaar Engineering
- Lecturer at Velammal Engineering
- Lecturer at G. Pulla Reddy Engineering
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Technology - Electrical Power Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Performs detailed failure analysis to identify root cause, assess risk, and provide corrective action plan of failed electronic assemblies and components. Manages customer returns, and internal failure analysis (Reliability, NPI, and all in-house failures including Wafer, Fab. Writes excellent 8D reports and corrective action reports to ensure processes and procedures are precisely executed. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, and internal cross functional teams daily to resolve quality issues and/or improvements.
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at MICROSEMI CORPORATION
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at POWERWAVE TECHNOLOGIES
- Government and Space Devices Analysis Engineer at INTERNATIONAL RECTIFIER
- Failure Analysis Supervisor at RESOLVETEK
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electronic Engineering
Worked in sample preparation involving the use of chemicals and polishing / grinding methods to produce functional samples for fault isolation and debug. Designed experiments and techniques to increase success and throughput of prepared samples. Served as Chemical Hygiene Officer for failure analysis (FA) lab at Qualcomm in San Diego. HAZWOPER trained to operations level.
• Created recipes for chemical and mechanical decapsulation focused on accuracy and efficiency, providing hundreds of functional samples to FA engineers for further analysis and debug.
• Helped to create and execute use of laser chemical etcher for FIB sample preparation, increasing completion rate for circuit edit from 1 unit to an average of 4 - 5 units per day.
• Drove effort to obtain new precision milling tool for chemical area, providing more accurate mechanical decapsulations and targeted component removal and enabling team to perform chemical-mechanical polishing on targeted area.
• Served as tool owner and only user for CNC machine, developing silicon ultra-thinning for VLP sample prep and providing successful samples at RSTs of 5 microns and 1 micron for VLP tool evaluation.
• Created CAD layouts using Linux interface for FA debug, fault isolation, and debug teams. Managed JIRA ticket requests for new layouts, ensuring timely and accurate completion. QUALCOMM INC. ~~~~~~~~~~)
• Served on Safety Committee and was heavily involved in safety procedures adhering to OSHA standards in chemical area, resulting in only 1 minor injury in 12 years.
• Managed chemical inventory for FA lab, evaluating all requests for new chemicals to determine potential hazards and providing other suggestions for safer chemical processes as necessary.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at QUALCOMM INC
- at ALLERMED
12 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Biochemistry / Chemistry
Achievements/Tasks Lead engineer that provided on-site technical support for Dell and HP suppliers such as Toshiba, Delta, Hynix, Samsung, Micron and Kingston. Reduced overall 30% VID drives shipped to FSJ (Dell) as a result of getting true disposition after exact failure analysis. Evaluated electrical and mechanical characteristics of integrated circuits, components, sub- components, and systems to determine root cause of failure and solve quality problems. Incorporated automation and improvement of failure analysis processes within the company (Timely on-site failure analysis to prevent customer escalation). Supported new processes, product transfers and production launches. www.integradine.com
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Integradine Inc
- Customer Service Representative at Expeditors International
- Tactical Buyer at Flex Automotive
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Industrial and Bussines Engineer
•Performing hands-on root cause failure analysis using analytical tools as Microscope, X-rays
•Finding potential risks to production line, co-operating with cross-functional team to improve yield rate
•Discovering possible defects of current production line by deep analyzing costumer returned products
•Suggestions and Implementation of corrective actions to reduce the costumer return Accomplishments Helping costumer finding potential fraud from intentional scam, which no one notice it before. Improving production line performance and yield rate by observing the root cause data of failures. Analyzing failures with accuracy and speed with less than half of time that costumers expexted.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Pegatron Technology Service Inc.
- Teaching Assistant (TA) at Boston University
- Research Assistant at National Cheng Kung University
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
• Performing analysis of root causes, and developing corrective action measures.
• Analyzes and interprets software or system level diagnostic failures (software and hardware).
• Performs Design for testability analysis (DFT).
• Coordinated physical Failure Analysis jobs.
• Trained other engineers and technicians in failure analysis techniques.
• Installed multiple tool sets to meet the area demand and process needs ahead of schedule.
• Maintained tools to ensure proper performance.
• Using my background in engineering I provided timely failure analysis of customer products retuned under RMA including root cause analysis and 8D analysis.
• Evaluated RMAs for non-conformance and coordinated with procurement, production, and engineering to restore units to customer specifications.
• Evaluated process controls and analyzed failure data trends to improve production to limit non-conforming material reaching customer site.
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at Sanmina Corporation
- Sr. Test Engineer at Wellex Corporation
- Test Engineer at Flextronics
- Network Technician at Tinker Air Force Base
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Renewable Energy Study
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Completed software and failure analysis training in a prompt manner before being certified as a failure analysis engineer
• Led my group of trainees in failure analysis with my extensive knowledge of the product, its software, and physical make up
• Greatly contributed and shared my knowledge with many operators during my time as a trainer until I was recruited to join the failure analysis department
• Sent and received inventory orders based on the needs of the production line
• Mastered every part of the assembly line proficiently, so I was promoted up to trainer
• Followed all instructions given by leads to contribute accuracy and efficiency while working on the line
- Failure Analysis Engineer/Assistant Lead/Trainer at VOLT Workforce Solutions
- Store Manager/Electronic Technician/Sales Representative at MetroPCS
- Program Coordinator at JHRP
- MBA-Master of Blending Arts at Jamba Juice
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Undergrad - Communications
§ Perform failure analysis on electronic circuitry and hardware of medical devices, including FDA reportable complaints and out-of-box failures. § Trend failures to monitor product quality, and provide feedback to Quality, R&D, Sustaining, and Post-Market Vigilance teams. § Lead cross functional teams to determine corrective and preventive action for service trends. § Provide subject matter expertise on device design and troubleshooting for use internal and external to the plant. § Contribute to cost saving measures by providing a thorough understanding of both device troubleshooting & repair and business operations.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Medtronic US Factory Service Center
- at Medtronic US Factory Service Center
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician at Medtronic US Factory Service Center
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Associates of Applied Science - Design Technology