Performs detailed failure analysis to identify root cause, assess risk, and provide corrective action plan of failed electronic assemblies and components. Manages customer returns, and internal failure analysis (Reliability, NPI, and all in-house failures including Wafer, Fab. Writes excellent 8D reports and corrective action reports to ensure processes and procedures are precisely executed. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, and internal cross functional teams daily to resolve quality issues and/or improvements.
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at MICROSEMI CORPORATION
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at POWERWAVE TECHNOLOGIES
- Government and Space Devices Analysis Engineer at INTERNATIONAL RECTIFIER
- Failure Analysis Supervisor at RESOLVETEK
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electronic Engineering
Master the first line RMA (return merchandise authorization) products information, contribute to hands-on root cause analysis, provide high quality analysis reports and lower the whole product failure rate to 1 PPM, improve reliability and ensure quality of product life-cycle.
● Analyzed hazard related cases, such as overheating charging port, burnt battery etc., provide root cause and generate 8D report to resolve over 20 insurance claims from end user.
● Implement FAI (First Article Inspection) & NPI (New Product introduction) test to help products deliver on time.
● Implement RF test (GSM/WCDMA/LTE) to troubleshoot call dropping, no service and other signal issues of mobile devices.
● Proficiency in soldering chips and the other components on main board of cell phones to verify analysis result.
● Cooperated with R&D engineer to locate the root cause of Android software issues and bugs, including log obtaining and analysis such as QXDM log, ADB log and NV parameters and etc.
- Reliability and failure analysis engineer at Brook Consultants Inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Circuits and System
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Electronic and Information Engineering - Engineering
Assisted biomedical engineering companies in maintaining strict quality guidelines to bring several medical devices to market
● Identified major flaws in automotive components preventing a vehicle recall and unfreezing shipments
● Performed FA for several Kickstarter campaigns prior to beta testing release of crowd-funded products
● Designed and built circuits and fixtures for large scale component testing and screening
● Researched and developed new failure analysis techniques which are currently in use
● Resolved disputes between manufacturers, distributors, and consumers of failing products
● Provided documented evidence in litigation involving patent infringements Laboratory Safety Officer
● Established a quarterly staff safety training program and emergency protocols, significantly reducing annual spills and injuries
● Responsible for monthly inspection and maintenance of safety and industrial equipment as well as hazardous waste disposal
● Delegated safety responsibilities among staff members based on specific projects or areas of expertise
● Certified in Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Riga Analytical Lab
- Research Assistant - Cal Poly Solar Team at California Polytechnic State University
- Internship- Junior Technician at Microbridge Technologies
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Physics
•Performing hands-on root cause failure analysis using analytical tools as Microscope, X-rays
•Finding potential risks to production line, co-operating with cross-functional team to improve yield rate
•Discovering possible defects of current production line by deep analyzing costumer returned products
•Suggestions and Implementation of corrective actions to reduce the costumer return Accomplishments Helping costumer finding potential fraud from intentional scam, which no one notice it before. Improving production line performance and yield rate by observing the root cause data of failures. Analyzing failures with accuracy and speed with less than half of time that costumers expexted.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Pegatron Technology Service Inc.
- Teaching Assistant (TA) at Boston University
- Research Assistant at National Cheng Kung University
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Identified root cause of 2.5'' (7 - 15 mm) drive failures by utilizing analytical techniques, advanced test instruments
(Digital Oscilloscope, X-RAY, Bus Analyzer), and collaborating with hardware and firmware teams.
• Performed failure analysis on component, environmental (shock/vibe), and firmware related issues.
• Presented data in order to support initial hypothesis as to root cause of failure and recommended corrective action/mitigation plan.
• Bench validated solutions (usually in the form of FW changes) and reported results.
• Other responsibilities included drive feature development/enhancement, failure analysis process improvement and schematic/pen plot reviews to ensure failures analysis techniques were not hindered.
- Systems Failure Analysis Engineer at Western Digital
- Quality Assurance Engineer at Western Digital
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineering
• Managed an RMA Failure Analysis Team at a CM: Set priorities. Determine root-cause down to component level. Provide technical guidance to the technicians doing the actual troubleshooting and debug. Review and approve proposed component replacement(s).
• Closed several test gaps by adding test equipment and test processes that were new to the RMA/Service team. (Optic module inspection and cleaning, Network traffic testing for 40G and 100G line speeds, and implementing in-circuit FPGA programming tools).
• Train manufacturing personnel in troubleshooting techniques, tools, and processes on various product lines: Network Equipment-(Routers, Switchers) and Analog-(Power, Analog Video-to-Digital coder- decoder, Audio circuitry).
• Generate Failure Analysis reports for internal Engineering and End-Customer consumption. Provide failure analysis and field failure yield data to the Product and Engineering teams to highlight failure trends.
• Monitor RMA repair activity with the goal to improve debug 'hit-rate' and turn-around time
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Brocade Communications
- New Product Introduction Engineer at Cisco Systems
- Sustaining Engineer at Compression Labs
9 years at this Job
- MS Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- BS - Electrical Engineering
- AS - Electronics Technology
Responsibility: ❑ Manage SMT Laboratory for technology research and implementation. ❑ Conduct failure analysis and reliability test for IC package level and PCBA board reliability tests. ❑ Write FA report and command correcting action. Skills: ❑ X-section, Dye and Pry, SEM/EDS analysis ❑ FTIR analysis for product organic contamination identification ❑ Ion chromatography analysis for PCBA cleanliness assessment ❑ XRF for material composition and ROHS compliance analysis ❑ C-SAM analysis for IC package defect detection ❑ Design and execute component and boards level reliability tests (ATC, 85C/85RH, Shock, Vibration, and Drop tests) ❑ LabView programming for data acquisition ❑ Reliability data plotting and analysis (Weibull 2P, MTTF) ❑ Agilent 5DX programming for product's defect detection ❑ Instron mechanical tester: 4-P bend test and BGA pull test ❑ Knowledge of JEDEC test standards and IPC-600/IPC-610 manufacturing standards
- Failure Analysis Engineer at NSG Technology Inc
- Research Assistant (Advisor at Thomas Dyke, University of Oregon
- Teaching Assistant at Thomas Dyke, University of Oregon
18 years at this Job
- Ph.D. - physics
- M.S. - physics
- B.S. - physics
Responsibilities: --Failure analysis on FPC, glass/PET sensor, touchpad sensor and standalone IC and their combinations. --Proficient in SEM with EDX, Cross-section polisher, Reactive Ion Etcher, microprobe station/curve tracer analysis. --Assist in daily production issues debug and FA works. --Contract manufacturers and customers interface in China/Asia and audit responsibility such as Huawei/OPPO/Stars/BYD/Sharp/Fujitsu/Foxconn/World Fair/Flextronics.
- Senior Failure Analysis Engineer at Synaptics Inc
- Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, Microsoft China at
- Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer at Exar Corporation
- Senior Product Engineer at Broadcom Corporation
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.S. in Engineering - Engineering
Performing Failure Analysis services, manage Failure Analysis department, and build new business opportunities.
• Responsible for providing FA services to leading technology semiconductor organizations.
• Plan, execute and manage FA department activities.
• Expand and rebuild the FA department capabilities to meet state-of-the-art service laboratory requirements.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Innovative Circuits Engineering, Inc
- Sr. Reliability Engineer at Quanergy Systems, Inc
- FA and Materials Laboratory Manager/Analyst at Vishay Siliconix, Inc
- Principal MTS, FA / Manager, Sr. FA at Maxim Integrated Inc
1 month at this Job
- B. S - Materials Engineering
- Associates Degree - Electronic Technology
Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on Apple Products, inspect individual electronic parts using equipment such as multi-meter,
digital viewer, microscope and testing each unit using automated machines to examine the functionalities
• Lead the analyzer team to execute failure analysis (FA) and test the products
• Perform DOE to collect, analyze, and utilize data to improve and optimize process flow
• Train skilled analyzers in the FA process, establish analyzer performance evaluation system and monitor their performance
• Prepare and present failure analysis summary and reports including recommended corrective actions in the manufacturing facility
• Organize team meetings with FAE and cross-functional team on improving the design and performance of the Failure Analysis system to have more throughput for the manufacturing facility
- Failure Analysis Engineer at PEGATRON
- Product Development Engineer at INITIATIVE FOR PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE INNOVATION
- Vehicle Test Engineer at DELPHI-TRANSPORTATION ACTIVE SAFETY INSTITUTE
- Design Intern at ADVANCED RENEWABLE POWER LLC
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelors - Mechanical Engineering