Testing and Troubleshooting electronic systems to component level failures, including S.M.T.
• JDE, SAP, Access, AutoCAD, LabVIEW, Via Search, and many other software were used in failure analysis process
• Non-destructive analysis involved camera microscope, electron microscope, spectrum microscope, multi-meter/o-scope, x-ray, ultra-sonic, curve tracer, and environmental
• Destructive analysis involved (PPT) power provided testing, extreme environmental control, high charge electron microscope, high power x-ray, grinder, bench grinder, and chemical station.
• Board/card level fault isolation within tolerances, schematic comprehension for component isolation.
• Lean Six Sigma orientated business ethic, Also 5s
- Failure Analysis Engineer, Intern at UTC Aerospace
- Failure Analysis Technician at Pentagon Technologies
- Assistant Manager at RadioShack
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
* Provide failure and root cause analysis for a wide range of devices such as ASIC, image sensors, discretes, passives, RF, MEMS, MOSFETs, medical device assemblies, and PCBs. Perform SEM/EDS, construction analysis, bond pull/shear testing, ion milling, fractography and corrosion analysis. Materials/structural related component consulting. * Support diverse clients and products from industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, laser, solar, and manufacturing. Report all data and present to clients and management weekly. * Independently designed, purchased materials, and built system for dye penetrant process that adheres to MIL- STD-883 - won company award for this venture * Prepare reports that summarize the process for root cause finding for our clients' corrective action needs * Use specification criteria such as the MIL-STD, Automotive Electronics Council (AEC), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), ASTM, NIST, ISO, and DoD for analyses and evaluation to test the capabilities of electronic systems * Purchase lab supplies/equipment and create SOPs for them. Visit and host different vendors for obtaining superior, cost-effective materials.
* Provide failure and root cause analysis for a wide range of devices such as ASIC, image sensors, discretes, passives, RF, MEMS, MOSFETs, medical device assemblies, and PCBs. Perform SEM/EDS, construction analysis, bond pull/shear testing, ion milling, fractography and corrosion analysis. Materials/structural related component consulting.
* Support diverse clients and products from industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, laser, solar, and manufacturing. Report all data and present to clients and management weekly.
* Independently designed, purchased materials, and built system for dye penetrant process that adheres to MIL- STD-883 - won company award for this venture
* Prepare reports that summarize the process for root cause finding for our clients' corrective action needs
* Use specification criteria such as the MIL-STD, Automotive Electronics Council (AEC), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), ASTM, NIST, ISO, and DoD for analyses and evaluation to test the capabilities of electronic systems
* Purchase lab supplies/equipment and create SOPs for them. Visit and host different vendors for obtaining superior, cost-effective materials.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at EAG Laboratories
- Process Engineering Intern at Lam Research Corporation
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at University of California
- Metallurgical Engineering Intern at University of California
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Materials Science and Engineering
Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on Apple Products, inspect individual electronic parts using equipment such as multi-meter,
digital viewer, microscope and testing each unit using automated machines to examine the functionalities
• Lead the analyzer team to execute failure analysis (FA) and test the products
• Perform DOE to collect, analyze, and utilize data to improve and optimize process flow
• Train skilled analyzers in the FA process, establish analyzer performance evaluation system and monitor their performance
• Prepare and present failure analysis summary and reports including recommended corrective actions in the manufacturing facility
• Organize team meetings with FAE and cross-functional team on improving the design and performance of the Failure Analysis system to have more throughput for the manufacturing facility
- Failure Analysis Engineer at PEGATRON
- Product Development Engineer at INITIATIVE FOR PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE INNOVATION
- Vehicle Test Engineer at DELPHI-TRANSPORTATION ACTIVE SAFETY INSTITUTE
- Design Intern at ADVANCED RENEWABLE POWER LLC
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelors - Mechanical Engineering
- Perform failure analysis on customer infotainment systems returned from the field. - Perform 2D and 3D X-ray inspection of the customer radios main printed circuit boards to find any solder anomalies, crack or damage electronic components. - Perform JTAG test script to test electrical components on the customer radio circuit boards such as TI OMAP Processors, NXP Processors, Renessa Micro controllers, DDR Memory devices and ARM Cortex M3 and M4 processors. - Software verification and functional testing on the customer infotainment systems. - Troubleshoot electrical components on the printed circuit board level. - Provide failure analysis support on failed return customer infotainment systems to Panasonic Hardware Engineering team to solve technical problems. - Writing failure analysis report to the detailing the root cause of the failure of the customer infotainment systems returned from the field.
- FAILURE ANALYSIS ENGINEER (CONTRACTOR) at PANASONIC AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS OF AMERICA
- MANUFACTURING TEST ENGINEER (CONTRACTOR) at PANASONIC AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS OF AMERICA
- DEVELOPMENT VERIFICATION TEST ENGINEER (CONTRACTOR) at PANASONIC AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS OF AMERICA
1 year at this Job
- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY - COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
* Analyze field failures to understand the failure mechanism and root cause, and repair returned units as necessary. * Work with the cross-functional team to take field failures from root cause identification through to corrective action. * Document field issues in detail to support root cause analysis. Create management reports based on findings, and Understand the factory process and close gaps that can result in customer failures. * Work with hardware and firmware engineers on validation and reliability testing of new products.
- Full Time, Failure Analysis Engineer at
- Intern, Electrical Engineer at Baidu USA
- GRADUATE TEACHING / RESEARCH ASSISTANT at
- INTERN, ELECTROMAGNETIC MANUFACTURING at Jinmeng Magnetic Material Corporation
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
• Determine the root cause failures of production, RMA and Reliability samples of integrated mechanical, optical, and electrical 3D Lidar sensor system that is enabling a revolution in self-driving cars, robotics, security and geo-informatics/3D mapping.
• Failure analysis of PCBA, photonic module and mechanical sub system.
• Equipments used include Oscilloscope, Infra-red camera, Thorlabs devices, X-ray machine, Keyence VHX-6000 digital microscope, Keithley 2400 Source Meter, , Hipot tester.
• Work directly with Process Engineering and Quality Control Engineering teams to troubleshoot and address daily yield fallout as well as on units returned from the field to drive corrective action.
• Make recommendations to Contract Manufacturers on continuous process improvement.
- Failure Analysis Engineer, Velodyne Lidar at
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc
- Hardware Engineer at RioSpring Inc
- Electrical Engineer at Maxtor/Quantum Corporation
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BSEE - Electronics Engineering
Ø Work on cross-functional projects by collaborating with all hardware groups involving batteries, sensors, smart lens and others. Ø Design and implement methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the failure analysis mode of various products. Ø Conduct materials characterization and analysis by FIB/SEM DualBeam, and EDS for elemental analysis/mappings. Ø Develop methods and parameters, project-oriented methodology for electrical tests and mechanical tests using force measurement equipment Instron and Mark-10. Ø Develop and implement procedures for cross section, mounting, polishing to prepare samples for characterization. Ø Responsible for documenting clear and concise reports and present to the clients.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Google
- v Failure Analysis Engineer at ENOVIX Corp
- v PhD Research Assistant at The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- v Research Assistant at Hong Kong Polytechnic University
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MS in Computer Science - Computer Science
- PhD - Chemistry
- MS - Applied Chemistry
Responsibilities Lead the failure analysis activities within the company by analyzing failures of IC’s, RNS-300M device, and accessories, determine the root cause of the failure, yield analysis, and write engineering change order as required. Determine the disposition of the failed parts in manufacturing, and facilitate activities to improve yield when possible.
- Failure Analysis Engineer/Lead at Neuropace
- R&D Systems Engineer at BD Biosciences, San Jose CA
- Manufacturing Test Engineer at BD Biosciences
- Field Engineer at Fuel Oil Systems
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Electrical Engineering
Repaired complex analog, digital, FPGA & microprocessor RMA modules to the component level, identifying failures' root causes and failure trends. * Authored Failure Analysis reports to hardware/software engineering and management. * Acted as the technical liaison between engineering and manufacturing. * Developed new testing methods, processes, and debug tools to aid technicians in product repair. * Derived test fixtures and test stands for test and repair. * Developed production floor layouts, process flow, and quality plans/metrics to streamline manufacturing and test processes and maintain a low debug inventory and high customer satisfaction. * Conducted quality studies based on in house and customer return failures to improve over-all quality.
- Failure Analysis Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer at CASA Systems Andover MA
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Acme packet Incorporated/ORACLE Incorporated
- NPI Manufacturing Engineer at Empirix Incorporated
- Manufacturing Engineer at Tekmicro Incorporated
4 years at this Job
- None - Data Communications
- None - C++ Programming
- Associate - Electronics Theory And Engineering
Failure Analysis (FA) Website Database Project
• Pull 100,000 entries of FA databases from all foundry customers into 1 main system that is web-based to maintain consistency and accuracy
• Use Microsoft Visual Studio and MySQL to build new website database to major sweeping changes in FA daily operation, tracking, accounting, and data repository per Foundry customer request from 2015 - 2018 audit
• 100% revamp of FA daily operation of wafer level tracking on individual excel table to web-base, real-time updating of each sample status and life-cycle in FA, track the accuracy of output and Hit Rate
• Improve overall FA report generation, live FA KPI summary, FA data analysis, trending, executive summaries, and individual tech KPI metric
• Designed and developed front-end using jQuery, AJAX, and pptx API
Failure Analysis (FA) Website Database Project
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Nicole Richardson Research Lab
- at Jefferson Middle School and Mahomet Middle School
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Statistics