• Failure Analysis Engineer responsible for all RMA cases on the C100G DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1 Cable Gateway "Head End" Router.
• Responsible for duplicating customer's failures, updating case notes, troubleshooting and repair of all RMA modules.
• Troubleshoot to component level on QAM8x96, QAM8x192 (Quadrature amplitude modulation). SMM8x10 (System Management Module). Remote-Phy Node DA2000.
• Working closely with Customer Support Engineers, Design Engineers and Customers to relay fault duplication results and supply corrective action reports.
• Correspondence with Component Engineers, Quality Engineers and chip manufactures for fault analysis.
• Liaison for reporting to and communicating with Customer Support Engineers failure analysis on failing RMA cards.
• Working closely with Engineering to implement and test new designs and prepare for production build.
• Responsible for testing latest application and diagnostic software using Linux, UNIX, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows 10.
• Write and implement ECO's using Omnify software.
• Working in a "Start - Up" fast paced company in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Casa Systems Inc
- Sr. Failure Analysis Engineer at Benu Networks
- Failure Analysis Engineer / Sr. Electronic Technician at Starent Networks Inc, / Cisco Tewksbury MA
- Sr. Engineering Technician at Motorola
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- - computer programming
Santa Clara, CA
• Develop test scripts for Benchmark testing using Bash and Python, reading test script to spot failure for debug, additionally debug servers failed from performance test.
• Administer final QA test on systems prior shipping to client to maintain critical standards. SYNNEX 2016 to 2019 Test Engineer Fremont, CA
• Oversaw system and component level Failure Analysis, supporting production troubleshooting of servers failed from burn-in chamber.
• Performed repairof various server types from production to RMA, as well as upgrading firmware, BIOS, and configuring system to correct settings.
• Troubleshot systems running on different Platforms, including: X86 and ARM Architecture.
• Trained repair technicians to debug using multimeter, oscilloscope, and CLI.
• Configured Network Interfaces, and wrote test script to run system testing via Bash & Python.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at SYNNEX
- Test Engineering Technician at ACTINEON
3 years at this Job
Conduct failure analysis, troubleshooting, and testing of line failed PCBAs - Development of RF, audio-enabled products - Conduct RF-related testing on wireless chipsets - Acoustical test, measurement, and tuning for audio and voice integrity - Manage RMA process, test, reporting, and inventory - Conduct failure analysis on semiconductor, and PCBA field failures - Support customer with audio/voice enabled product field failures
- Failure Analysis Engineer (FAE) at Avnera Corporation
- Engineering Coordinator at E.B.M.S
- Electrical Engineering Technician at Micro Power Electronics Inc
- Process Engineer at Tektronix
3 years at this Job
• Completed over 350 failure analysis investigations and prepared written, customer-facing reports that incorporated data from analytical results, microscopy and metallography
• Increased the scope of the failure analysis lab to include not only metal samples, but also polymers, stained surgical instruments, and RO membrane autopsies
• Coordinated advanced analytical projects both in-house and in conjunction with the Shimazu Institute for Research Technologies at the University of Texas in Arlington
• Oversaw a 150% increase in samples submitted over a 5-year period
• Conducted site visits to gather critical information and meet with customers to ensure that their expectations were being met
• Developed analytical methods for analysis of waters, solids and lubricants, as well as QC analysis of manufactured products
• Investigated product contamination issues, identified unknown substances, and assisted in reverse engineering of competitor products
• Oversaw analysis of any samples that fell outside the purview of established SOPs
- Failure Analysis Engineer at NCH Corporation
- Internship (Chemist) at NCH Corporation
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry - Chemistry
o Conducting failure analysis for customer returns, reliability stress test failures and process introduction fails o Analyze, debug troubleshoot, and characterize variety in mechanical & electrical failures such as PCBAs, semiconductor chips, power circuitry, etc., to identify root causes, and generate failure analysis reports
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Finisar, Inc
- Reliability Test Engineer at Solyndra, Inc
- Engineer at Finisar, Inc
- PCBA Drafter at Trimble Navigation, Ltd
8 years at this Job
· Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on Apple Products, inspect individual electronic parts through IC level equipment such as multi-meter, microscope and X-ray machine · Work on the development of failure analysis reports and presentations for manager and external customer · Improved 8% production yield by driving quality improvement and provide corrective action recommendations by organizing team meeting with FAE and cross-function team · Functionality Testing using Automated machines of WIFI/BT/LTE and perform FMEA · Use Design of Experiments(Does) to collect and analyze data to optimize existing methods and processes to reduce workmanship by 5% · Lead NPI project, train and guide 10 analyzer team to execute failure analysis · Big data analysis to troubleshoot failures using Oracle SQL database
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Pegatron Corporation
- Research assistant at Stevens Institute of Technology
- Laboratory Assistant at Anshan Iron and Steel Group Corporation
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Material Science and Engineering
• Manage all divisions RMA's from incoming inspection to shipment back to customer.
• Resolve customer complaints through detailed analysis using released production testing, teardown, failure analysis tools (SEM, X-Ray), leveraging hardware and software engineers, and communication with customer.
• Implement corrective action to mitigate future returns. Initiate recalls when appropriate.
• Resolve quality issues with vendors as they arise and implement changes to product and process.
• Provide general failure analysis throughout company to reduce scrap.
- Staff Failure Analysis Engineer at SYSTRON DONNER INERTIAL
- Director, Product Design and Quality at Mark One Lifestyle Inc
- Lead Packaging and Design Engineer at GE Sensing
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer at KAVLICO INC
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. degree
• Evaluated, designed, and implemented product reliability test regimens for hyperscale computing and storage solutions
• Executed server hardware reliability system testing, reliability stresses, failure analysis and statistical analysis through all phases of product life cycle
• Implemented use of Redfish (open industry API and schema) to control and diagnose multiple servers simultaneously at a rack level
• Implemented use of IPMI standard and the CLI approach to access high leveled cloud storage and computing servers
• Wrote Python programs and scripts to simplify test processes and repairing procedures
• Used Linux (CentOS) to help further diagnose hardware issues on servers
• Automated, configured, and updated firmware on rack components to customer specifications (PMD, Console Management Switches, Ethernet Switches, and IPMI Switches)
• Created bash scripts to automate firmware BIOS and BMC updates
• Hands on experience with flashing BIOS and BMC chips on PCB boards using DediProg Engineering
• Conducted root cause analysis on issues, recommended and managed implementation of appropriate solutions
• Hands on hardware reliability system testing, reliability stresses, failure analysis and statistical analysis
• Develop innovative techniques/approaches to accelerate failure identification and mechanism understanding and supporting technology transfer to high volume manufacturing
- Failure Analysis Engineer - Platform Engineering at ZT Systems
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Optical Inspection (All types of devices IC, BGA, Ceramic, WCSP, Inductors, Smartphones, etc.) ◦ X-ray (All types of devices IC, BGA, Ceramic, WCSP, Inductors, Smartphones, etc.) ◦ Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (SAM) & Through Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (TSAM) ◦ Electrical Characterization - Manual/Micro probing, pin to pin analysis, all pins curve tracing with sockets and multiple device types. ◦ Time Domain Reflectometry ◦ Dye and Pry - IC, BGA, Ceramic, WCSP ◦ Decapsulation - IC, Ceramic, De-Lidding, BGA, PCB Analysis, WCSP, etc. ◦ Global Isolation - (EMMI, OBIRCH, & Liquid Crystal) ◦ Deprocessing - Chemical, Physical parallel polishing, & isotropic etches ◦ Cross-Sectioning - (IC, BGA, Ceramic, BLR Analysis, etc.) ◦ Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) - All types of devices (IC, BGA, Ceramic, WCSP, Inductors, Smartphones, etc.) ◦ Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy - Analyzing for contaminants, corrosion, or to identify the metal present
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Priority Labs
- Teacher / Cambridge Academy at Charge Contrast
at this Job
- Electronic Engineering Technology - Electronic Engineering
- High School Diploma
❑ Electronic and engineering quality analysis, characterization, and troubleshooting of telecommunication hardware infrastructure equipment.
- Failure Analysis Engineer at Fortress Solutions
- RF Engineering Consultant at Centric RF
- Senior Electrical Engineer at Texas Instruments, Inc
- Senior Electrical Engineer II at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
- Associate - Electronics Technology