• Family law paralegal to three attorneys, requiring prioritization of work flow.
• Aided in preparation of pleadings and other documents for court and filing of court documents.
• Answered phones and scheduled attorney consults and client meetings as well as assisted clients with their cases.
• Maintained merit and digital files of all client documents and work product and worked with clients directly.
• Exercised client confidentiality measures.
• Oversaw client retainer balances and performed collection duties to replenish client accounts.
• Coordinated and managed attorney calendars.
• Posted and managed billable hours utilizing PC Law.
- Family Law Paralegal at Livesay & Myers, P.C.
- Transcriptionist at Veteran Reporters, Inc
- Paralegal/Office Administrator at Hendrix
- Operations Coordinator at Deposition Services, Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Individualized Studies - Criminal Justice Administration and Management
- Certificate - Clerk Certification Program for the Supreme Court of Virginia
Duties: File management on all family law files; scheduling and meeting with all new clients; prepare and file all pleadings; bookkeeping duties including receiving and posting all payments, reconciling bank accounts, monthly billing, calendar and collections on all delinquent accounts.
- Family Law Paralegal/Bookkeeper at David Green Law Firm
- Customer Service Representative/Cashier at Reed's Metals
- Paraprofessional at Cameron Parish School Board
- Legal Secretary/Bookkeeper (Family, Criminal, Personal Injury) at Rosteet Law Firm
8 months at this Job
• Communicating regularly with clients regarding procedural and case processing issues.
• Preparing and drafting of divorce, custody and other family pleadings, Final Orders, Temporary Orders, Settlement Agreements, Contempt Orders and other correspondence (e.g. witness affidavits, child support sheets, DHEC forms, etc).
• Communicating with Court Clerks and opposing attorneys.
• Scheduling Court hearings, depositions and mediations.
• Interpreting, translating and re-communicating both verbal and written documents from Spanish to English or vice versa.
- Family Law Paralegal at Natalie M. Morgan LLC Law Firm
- Family and Criminal Legal Assistant / Paralegal at The Carruthers Law Firm
- Immigration Paralegal / Bankruptcy Legal Assistant at Law Office of Sidney Wike
- Legal Assistant at The Law Office of Alma C
7 months at this Job
- Law Degree
- - Specialist
Established boutique family law firm in the East Boca Raton area. Daily tasks include; preparing and drafting motions, pleadings, judgments, statements, documents, wills and trusts, QCDs and parenting plans as well as other correspondence (mandatory disclosure, subpoenas, financial affidavits, child support guidelines, responsive pleadings, etc.). Performing legal research utilizing Westlaw and Nexis Lexis. Maintaining attorneys' calendars and case files. Serving as a liaison between the client and attorney and conducting client interviews. Preparing trial and hearing notebooks and providing assistance for hearings. Scheduling appointments, court appearances, mediations and depositions. Preparing, inventorying and reviewing discovery packages, including disclosure statements, answers to interrogatories, and production requests. Effective communicator with clients during their difficult and emotionally charged issues such as child custody, division of assets and forecasting for the future.
- FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL at FELDMAN AND SCHNEIDERMAN, P.L
- at FAMILY MEDIATION OF SOUTH FLORIDA
- Miami Dade County Certified Volunteer at PTSA
- OWNER at STEFANIE LEIGH PHOTOGRAPHY
8 months at this Job
- Masters - Political Science/International Affairs/Legal Studies
Family Law Paralegal
- Paralegal at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law
4 years, 11 months at this Job
625 E. Twiggs Street 10812 Gandy Blvd. Tampa, Florida 33602 St. Petersburg, Florida 33702 7/2018-present 2/2017-10/2017
- Family Law Paralegal at Law Office of Gary S. Dolgin
- Family Law Paralegal at Garcia Law Group, P.A
- Family Law Paralegal at Givens Law Group, P.A
6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Associate of Science - Paralegal Studies
I started as a legal assistant and worked my way to paralegal status. I worked with a large case load in a team environment. I was responsible for handling multiple attorney's calendars, processing incoming mail & discovery, as well as answering phones and handling client emergencies. I had the opportunity to learn to draft a multitude of pleadings including, but not limited to, discovery documents, Marital Settlement Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds. I was also in charge of supply orders and making sure all areas of the office be stocked from drinks to paper.
- Family Law paralegal at Meriwether & Tharp, llc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Paralegal Program
* Preparing and drafting motions, pleadings, final judgments and orders and other correspondences. * Maintaining Attorney and Associate's calendars and case files. * Scheduling appointments, court hearings, mediations and depositions, preliminary conferences, etc. * Serving as a liaison between the client and attorney maintaining effective communication. * Preparing trial notebooks and providing assistance in trial settings. * Preparing and reviewing discovery packages, including financial disclosures, answers to interrogatories, and extensive production requests.
- Family Law Paralegal at DeWitt Law Firm
- Paralegal at Donna C. Hung, P.A
- Paralegal/Billing Specialist at Christine G. Bauer, P.A
- Office Manager/Administrative Assistant at Derenthal Realty Group
9 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration
• Legal research
• Interviewing witnesses
• Drafting correspondences, pleadings, motions, discovery, orders, affidavits and other matters of family law
• Scheduling consultations, hearings, mediations and deadlines
• Manage calendar and deadlines
- Civil Litigation/Family Law Paralegal at Marcellino & Tyson, PLLC
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at Robertson, Anschutz & Schneid, Johns Creek GA
- Client Service Specialist at Synovus Bank
- Mortgage Servicing Escrow Specialist at Nationstar Mortgage
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice Technology - Criminal Justice Technology
- Draft Memorandums of Points and Authorities. - Draft joint statements and trial briefs showing disputed issues. - Interact with clients, taking notes and determining relevant facts for their case. - Handle multiple cases, making sure all necessary documents are properly created, filed, and served.
- Family Law Paralegal at The Law Office of Heath L
- Document Reviewer at Hyundai Motor of America
- Law Clerk at
- Law Clerk at Law Firm of Thomas Nelson
10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology