Family law paralegal duties included drafting pleadings. Handled 45 family law matters case management.calendared hearings. Indexed files, meetings with clients, calandared appointments.
- Family law paralegal at Schank and Associates
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant at Bowman and Associates
- Paralegal at Law office of Jack Kenealy
- Paralegal at Law office of Jeff Busch
11 months at this Job
- BA - Rhetoric
Perform paralegal duties in for managing partner in the area of family law. Prepare pleadings to include: Complaint, Answer, Counterclaim, Demurrer, Final Decree, Petitions for Custody/Visitation/Support as well as Motions to Amend the same. Request and maintain records, create legal documents and provide written legal reports. Prepare all discovery motions and orders to include: Request for Admissions, Interrogatories, Requests for Production of Documents, Subpoenas and Subpoena duces tecum. Continue to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals within the court systems to include clerks, judges and attorneys. Provide litigation support in fast paced environment. Continue to grow my knowledge in the court systems of the Circuit Court and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. Experienced and educated in the rules that govern the law in Virginia primarily in but not limited to the Virginia Supreme Court Rules and The Virginia Code. Responsible for reception duties including multiple line phone systems, schedule appointments and respond to client inquiries. Exercise judgment in planning, time management and organization of paralegal duties and other responsibilities. Experienced in obtaining case-law research to assist with the formulation of briefs. Preparation of exhibits for large trials.
- Family Law Paralegal at Hunter Law Firm
- Litigation Paralegal/FOIA Coordinator at City Attorney's Office
- Paralegal at Access Law Group, P.C
- Lead Waitress/Morning Manager at Tuscany Ristorante Italiano
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate's - Paralegal Studies
Family law paralegal for two attorneys. Exposure to California family law court procedures and forms.
- Family Law Paralegal at William D. Fuhrman
- Family Law Paralegal at Martin D. Brown, Esq.
- Legal Assistant at Burns Figa & Will, P.C
- Legal Assistant at Watts & Hendrickson, P.C
2 months at this Job
- - Paralegal Program
• Drafted legal documents that included correspondence and pleadings, appeals, agreements, and contracts.
• Conducted law office administration such as filing papers, answering telephone calls and meeting with clients.
• Maintained and organized reference files.
• Maintained the schedule of the attorney, send time of each day calling clients, Attorneys, witnesses, experts and court personnel to schedule interviews, conference calls and in office appointments, hearings, meetings depositions, and trials.
• Prepared legal research such as gathering relevant information to cases.
• Prepared documents for E-Filing using Odyssey and I2File.
- Family Law Paralegal at Diaz Case Law
- Teller at Currency Exchange
- Immigration Paralegal at Steve E. Haddad Attorney at law
1 year at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
- - Paralegal
JOHN W. KYDD, KYDD LAW, P.S. ER 904 preparation, drafting pleadings, filing court documents, maintaining docket, scheduling, intake, assets and liabilities spreadsheets, LFLR 10, trial preparation, drafting and editing motions, letters, building pleading/correspondence/motion hearing notebooks, and banking. Proficient in Clio and Family Soft, as well as the full suite of Adobe products, Word, Pages, and Timekeeper, on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- SENIOR FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL at Kydd Law, P.S.
- PERSONAL INJURY LEGAL ASSISTANT at LAW OFFICES OF RICHARD SINDELL
- FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL at
1 year, 2 months at this Job
● Client intake and interviews and discussions with counsel
● Conduct legal research, draft initial trial briefings, prepare mediations, calendaring court dates;
● Draft initial pleading and support documents included all pleading, motions and orders for the respective court, conforming orders, researching case law and statutes, drafting trial briefings, preparing mediations and scheduling cite checking and provide additional legal research as requested by assigned counsel.
● Preparing all exhibits and the trial book and work closely with clients in assisting them in trial preparations for as to preparation for mediation or trial
● Coordinate with third parties in preparing any requested inventory and appraisement, interviews of witnesses [or evaluation of children], preparing responses, and advocating Discovery, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders.
- Family Law Paralegal at McLaughlin Law Office
- Paralegal at Law Office of J. Fernando Trevino, P.C.
- Paralegal at Law Office of Melissa Saldana Ortiz and Arnulfo Ortiz
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates in Paralegal Studies - Law
• Drafted divorce petitions, marital dissolution agreements, motions, financial affidavits, and correspondence to opposing counsel and clients.
• Initiated client/attorney communications.
• Legal research using Lexis-Nexis and WestLaw.
• Performed full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through discovery process and trial.
• Assisted in trial preparation, and interviewed potential clients, clients and witnesses.
- FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL at PHILLIP A. MCLEOD, ATTORNEY AT LAW, LLC
- FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL at MELISSA BUCKMAN, ATTORNEY AT LAW, LLC
- PARALEGAL at THE SEIGFREID LAW FIRM
- BRANCH MANAGER at AMERISTAFF
10 months at this Job
- Drafted legal documents (memorandums, motions, quit claim deeds, divorce decrees, etc.), legal research, and prepared binders for trial and evidentiary hearings. * Family Law Bookkeeper - Primary bookkeeper for all billing and financial accounts for all family law clients.
- Criminal Law/Family Law Paralegal at Zickerman Law Office PLLC
- Immigration Legal Assistant/Intern at Law Office of Mary E. Kramer
7 months at this Job
- BA - English & Political Science
• Communicating regularly with clients regarding procedural and case processing issues.
• Preparing and drafting of divorce, custody and other family pleadings, Final Orders, Temporary Orders, Settlement Agreements, Contempt Orders and other correspondence (e.g. witness affidavits, child support sheets, DHEC forms, etc).
• Communicating with Court Clerks and opposing attorneys.
• Scheduling Court hearings, depositions and mediations.
• Interpreting, translating and re-communicating both verbal and written documents from Spanish to English or vice versa.
- Family Law Paralegal at Natalie M. Morgan LLC Law Firm
- Family and Criminal Legal Assistant / Paralegal at The Carruthers Law Firm
- Immigration Paralegal / Bankruptcy Legal Assistant at Law Office of Sidney Wike
- Legal Assistant at The Law Office of Alma C
9 months at this Job
- Law Degree
- Bachelor's - Specialist
• Prepared Petitions, Orders, Discovery Requests and Responses.
• Assisted attorneys in preparation for trials, hearings, depositions, and negotiations.
• Maintained attorney's personal files and managed attorney's case calendar.
• Developed and maintained positive working relationships with staff, court officials
• Searched documents, compiled evidence and prepared trial exhibit
• Prepared estate plan documents
- Family Law Paralegal at Law Offices of Roy Hale
- Family Law Paralegal at Christina D'Amato
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Interdisciplinary Studies