* Serves as a Unit Commander's Staff Officer to provide Family Readiness Program outreach, support and assistance to military personnel and their families * Facilitates and coordinates resources to carry out the mission of the Family Readiness Program * Maintains records and oversees multiple sights to assures compliance to regulations and guidelines * Prepare and distribute official information through approved communication tools including newsletter, website, recorded messages and other media, as well interpersonal communications. * Coordinates and attends Family Readiness events such as Welcome, Family Days, pre- and post-deployment programs (Yellow Ribbon Program) to distribute information on resources available to Marines and their families
- Family Readiness Officer at Department of Defense, Buckley Air Force Base
- Squadron Gunnery Sergeant at USMC, Buckley Air Force Base
- Utilities Chief at USMC, Marine Corps Base Camp Hansen
- Air Conditioning Mechanic at USMC, Marine Corps Air Station
8 years, 10 months at this Job
Serve as a Special Staff Officer to the Battalion Commander, managing the Unit Personal and Family Readiness Program in order to build strong, resilient, self-reliant Marine families by providing information, resources, and referrals to resources when needed. - Maintain database of approximately 2000 authorized Family Readiness contacts. - Provide deployment support to family members of Marines and sailors assigned to the unit via pre-deployment briefs, town hall meetings, and a variety of training opportunities. - Plan and coordinate family member visits to the Combat Center for deployment departures and homecoming events, ensuring up-to-date information is disseminated accurately. - Provide information and resources to Marines, Sailors, and their family members for both routine and crisis situations. - Drafted and disseminated information to unit Family Readiness contacts via weekly newsletters. - Managed and executed $20,000 annual budget.
- Family Readiness Officer at Marine Corps Community Services
4 years, 8 months at this Job
Managed family readiness program for Marine Corps units with 1,500 service members and 3,000 family members.
• Provided resource information to 3,000 military family members.
• Welcomed new families to the unit and established a relationship of trust, compassion, and empathy with each member helping form strong families to overcome the stresses and obstacles of Marine Corps Life.
• Assisted families in need of financial, emotional, and legal support and provided them with the resources available.
• Collaborated with team members in weekly meetings on how to find appropriate resources for Marines at risk.
• Planned and coordinated events for 1,000 Marines and family members.
• Used varied and advanced functions of Microsoft Office for word processing and for creating spreadsheets and presentations.
• Maintained applicable guidance and regulations and successfully underwent scrutiny of higher headquarters with no findings.
• Maintained website to provide up to date unit information.
• Collected monthly data on resources utilized by clients and the reasons resources were required.
• Drafted briefs and presentations and provided information to various audiences.
• Established and coordinated training for volunteers.
• Oversaw and directed the efforts of volunteers.
• Monitored and maintained fund allocations.
• Developed long-range and short-range cost estimates for program funding requirements.
- Family Readiness Officer at Marine Corps Community Services, United States Marine Corps, Camp
- Marriage and Family Therapy Intern at Veterans Village of San Diego
- Team Leader, L.I.N.K.S at Marine Corps Family Team Building
- Key Volunteer Coordinator at Marine Corps Family Team Building
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of General Psychology - General Psychology
- Master of Science in Counseling - Marriage Family Child Therapy
- Bachelor of Science - Social Psychology
9/12 – 7/13 Family Readiness Officer - NF- 0301-04
MCCS Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, North Carolina
• Special staff officer responsible for outreach, support and assistance to single and married Marines, and their families
• Worked with latitude to ensure overall program effectiveness and effective use of financial resources
• Represented the unit commander at meetings and forums
• Facilitated and coordinated resources to assist with family readiness issues and functions
• Conducted proactive outreach and used multi-faceted communication efforts to facilitate communication between the Command and families
• Ensured the program conformed to applicable guidance and regulations in the execution of the program and was ready to undergo the scrutiny of inspections and assessments
• Supervised program volunteers to include: assigning and distributing work, providing guidance, setting the work pace, demonstrating work methods, and ensuring work site materials and tools were available to complete work
• Developed and maintained a highly praised unit website
• Monitored and analyzed unit website usage - increasing unit website availability to 100% of families and actual participation by 600%
• Developed and provided resource training for families
• Planned, coordinated and executed administrative and logistical requirements for large social and educational events
• Monitored and maintained fund allocations and overall budget execution for the program, including developing annual cost estimates
- Family Readiness Officer at MCCS
- Program Analyst / Senior Research Analyst at Marine Corps Systems Command
- Private Academic Tutor at Tutoring for Success
- Hazardous Waste Specialist III at Orange County Health Care Agency
10 months at this Job
- BS - Biology
- Masters - 50% complete - Homeland Security
• Provided resource and referral for support services for Marines, Sailors and their authorized family members.
• Communicated via an authorized official communication tool with Commanders and subordinate unit Family Readiness Officers.
• Coordinated various recognition ceremonies, morale and family events and agendas for monthly staff meetings.
- II Marine Division Deputy Family Readiness Officer at Marines, Sailors and their authorized family members
- Supply Chief at U.S. Marine Corps
- Supply Clerk at United States Marine Corps
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Associate of Arts degree
Assistance with planning events for military families
- Family Readiness Officer Assistant at United States Marines
- Automatic Rifleman at United States Marines
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Some college - Theater arts
- High school
· Trained, counseled, mentored, and coached 15 personnel as their Section Leader (manager). Was responsible for the accountability of $1.5 mil worth of platoon equipment from 2015-2016. During that time, was often relied upon to lead the unit without the scrutiny of the higher leadership. Award given for initiate and dedication. In 2016, was responsible for filling in a higher billet while the appointed leader had other obligations. · In 2017, developed an effective way to maintain personal and family information for over 1,000 unit members using MS Excel. Likewise, in 2013, developed a digital tracker on MS Excel that accurately tracked training requirements for the entire unit and was awarded for the initiative and outstanding performance of duties. · Organized unit member and family events to increase morale, unit comradery, and family connection within the unit. These events and approximate number of people in attendance are: baby shower, 25; back to school event, 50; and unit family day, 1,000. · From 2017 to 2018, maintained the official Facebook page for 3d Battalion, 3d Marines daily and developed an outline which planned posts for each day. This was also used as a communication tool for unit member, families, and alumni to talk to a representative from the unit. Page followers responded well, as likes and followers. · As a special staff officer in 2017-2018, advised the unit commanding officer directly with weekly reports on personnel status, family concerns, and substance abuse instances and procedures. Revised the system in which patient files were maintained into a more simple and accurate method by organization and less use of paper. Award given for fulfilling this billet simultaneously with another non-collateral duty with excellence.
- Anti-Armor Section Leader/ Family Readiness Officer at 3d Battalion
1 year at this Job
- Family Readiness Officer at 3d LAAD Battalion
- Family Readiness Officer at 3d Battalion, 4th Marines
- Customer Service/Vendor Rep at Defense Commissary Agency
- Consular Associate at US Embassy State Department
2 years at this Job
- Associate of Arts
• Serve as a Special Staff Officer representing the Commander’s vision and the hub of Management for the Unit, Personal and Family Readiness Program
• Provide command family readiness outreach, support and assistance to more than 5,000 consumers achieving 95% outreach and connection to community
• Provide command outreach, support and assistance to the unit's military personnel and their families and assist over 900 Marines in their responsibility to attain and maintain personal and family readiness per the Pre-deployment Training Program (PTP) requirements
• Conduct proactive outreach, rapport development and multi-faceted communication efforts to facilitate meaningful two-way communication between the command and its Marines/Sailors and families
• Draft speeches and strategic communication messages as required. Delivers briefs and presentations on a weekly basis (from family member to General Officer level)
• Attend confidential briefs regarding upcoming deployment synopsis to effectively communicate family readiness preparedness
• Webmaster – Constructed, and Managing the unit’s external social media networks
• Maintain and execute the Battalion family readiness annual budget of $26,000
• Manage confidentiality of records and files of over 1,000 personnel ensuring the safe management of 5,000 plus consumer’s information
- Family Readiness Officer at USMC
- Corporation Manager at USMC
- Manager, Marine Security Guard Hong Kong, and Lome Togo at USMC
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Business
to encourage familiarity with the FRO and the program October 2017-present
● Advised the Command of applicable guidance and regulations in Family Readiness Assistant, the execution of the Unit, Personal, and Family Readiness 3D MHG August Program (UPFRP) and MCCS policies
- Family Readiness Assistant at 3D Recruit Training Battalion
- Family Readiness Assistant at UPFRP
- Family Readiness Officer at MCCS Okinawa
- English Teacher at White Oak High School
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - English Education