Family Service Worker for children and their families ages birth to 5.
- Family Service Worker at Dodge County Head Start
- Case Worker Supervisor at The Salvation Army
- Sales Representative at Dollar General
- Case Worker at The Salvation Army
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Art - Human Services
- Transfer student - Human Services
I started as a Home visitor, I go into homes to assess the childs and parents needs, I work with the children on all aspects of learning and developing age appropriate stages throughout the age of 3 to 4, and at the same time work along side the parents to help strenghen the family with resources and goals, Then worked same agency as Home visitor and Class Aide. Then last 3 years Family Service Worker going into homes, helping the parents with numerous areas of support and resoucres,
- Family Service Worker at WESTMORELAND COMMUNITY ACTION
- Hair Stylist at Designing Minds
- Hair Stylist at Phillip Pelusi
15 years, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate - Strengths-Based Family Workers
- Certification - Child Development
- Associate - Human Services
- Certificate - Cosmetology
- High school - Diploma
I am a child maltreatment investigator. I receive reports from the child abuse hotline and respond to them within 24-72 hours. I often conduct drug screens, investigate child maltreatment and work with families in need. I determine if the family needs to have a protective service case opened during the course of my investigation. I respond to Arkansas State Police safety requests. When children are in danger I often have to remove them to bring them into foster care. I am very organized as this is a time sensitive and stressful job.
- Family Service Worker at Division of Child and Family Services
- Administrative Assistant at Arkansas Democrat Gazette
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
Charleston, WV 304-344-8098 2007 - 2018 Supervisor: Tanisha Harmon Position: Family Service Worker/ Teacher As a preschool Family Service Worker I am responsible for 43 children getting them enrolled and placed in the classrooms .Keeping their health file up to date, Home Visits with the families, parent teacher conferences with the teachers, IEP meetings. Keep everything updated on the computer program. Turn it in weekly and monthly. Routinely met with parents regarding their child. I was also a Teacher in a Four year old class room at Head Start for 9 years before becoming a FSW..
- Family Service Worker/ Teacher at Appalachian Council Head Start
- Zena Trimmer at Kings Way Christian EduCare
- Teacher, 2005-2006 Assistant Director at Kings Way Christian EduCare
- Director at Tri County YMCA
10 years, 8 months at this Job
Family Service Worker is responsible for providing protective foster care and supportive services for abused or neglected children. Performs Case Management Activities and Investigative Functions in a manner that aligns with the Arkansas Practice Model. Devolopes case plans to establish goals, objectives, tasks, and time frames for all parties by engaging family to identify and build from strengths. Provides Case work counseling and guidance to clients in defining strengths, needs, interest, and appropriate/necessary course of action. Recommends and refers clients for appropriate and necessary internal/external services (I.e. Counseling, therapy, community support) to help client resolve issues and functions at his/her optimal. Completes home studies and family assessments to determine appropriate Case planning, child placement options by engaging family and building strengths. Visits families to assess on going needs and appropriate/effectiveness of services provided and to monitor progress toward Case objectives. Prepare factional and complete court documents within policy and legal time frames. Presents testimony in a professional and credible manner. Provides transport for families as needed to assists in achieving case plan goals. Coordinates with other team members (external/internal) to ensure the goals and permanency planning of all children are served appropriately and timely. Establishes appropriate permanency plans with input from family and youth. Prepares children for permanency ( I.e. Reunification; Adoption; Guardianship; APPLA) Asses risk and safety by interventing in crises situations ensure when possible children can remain safely in own home; removes child from home of situation in life is threatnin, and arrange for temporary placement in foster home, or appropriate placement to meet child's needs. Investigates suspected child abuse and negl crime complaints by making on-site visits, securing background information, interview parties involved according to policies and guidelines. Discuss investigative findings and abuse with supervisor and recommends opening of Protective Service, Foster Care or Supoortive Service as appropriate.
- Family Service Worker Foster Care Unit at Department of Children and Family Services
- Program Assistant at Arkansas Department Of Human Services
- Eligibility Support Specialists-S2 at K4 Solutions
- Night Manager at Dari-Delite Restaurant
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Psychology
- Associate - Human Services
- Certification - Business Technology
Made appointments, referrals for clients and gather case information. Follow up on assigned cases through independent home visitation. Attend court hearing/contribute client information for court reports. Observe and supervise family visitations. Assist with grouping information packets, medical passports, etc. Assist with CANS/FAST and case plans by providing case information gained from observation/ visitation. Write narratives of case activity and accept feedback from worker/ field instructor or supervisor. Observe worker doing drug screens. Assist with filing of client's information. Observe/ shadow worker with investigations. Observe foster care placements. Planned child abuse awareness event.
- Family Service Worker at Department of Children and Family Services
- Social Work Student Intern at Division of Child and Family Services
- Sales Associate at Walmart
- Job Coach at Arkansas Support Network
7 months at this Job
- Associate - Education
• Supervise and monitor family visitations.
• Transport families to appointments.
• Assessed family/individual client needs and made appropriate referrals as well as recommendations.
• Assisted with emergency and crisis situations as necessary.
- ASSISTANT FAMILY SERVICE WORKER at DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
- RECEPTIONIST at WEILDLINGER ASSOCIATES
- RESIDENTIAL ASISTANT at WEILDLINGER ASSOCIATES
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- A.A.S - Human Service
Under close supervision of a Supervising Family Service Specialist 1, or 2 or other supervisory official in the Department of Children and Families, assists professional staff in providing services to clients with social, emotional, psychological or behavioral problems which may include transportation services, training and work programs, home and money management, setting up medical or dental appointments, family planning services, parenting techniques, receiving complaints involving desertion and abusive parents and supplementary supportive visits under the close supervision of a case worker; does other related duties. Transporting clients to various appointments and visits is a main function of this position.
- Assistant Family Service Worker at Department of Children and Family Services
- Guest Service Associate at Prudential Center
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- BA - women and gender studies
- Associates Degree - Liberal Arts
Provided transportation and supervised visitation services in a safe setting between domestic violence victims and their children in foster care. Provided transportation services to participants for case related activities to include therapy appointments, advocacy, outreach services and any other case related activities that do not require monitoring or supervision. Provided childcare during times that participants received related services as a way to address participation barriers. Maintained participant confidentiality at all times, attended program staff meetings, worked together with social workers and other case workers to ensure clients needs were met. Attended family conferences along with all parties involved in the case to discuss case direction and concerns. Input case notes and billing on a regular basis.
- Family Service Worker at CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
- Preschool Teacher/Assistant Director at Rainbow School
- Program Technician at Scott AFB Child Development Center
- Education Technician at Wakaba Child Development Center
6 months at this Job
- N/A 57 credits - Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Diploma - General studies
• Evaluate and address individual family needs.
• Educate families on available community resources and make appropriate referrals.
• Maintain record of follow and outcome of referrals.
• Ensure children are up to date on physical exams, immunizations, dental exams and other health requirements.
• Manage attendance and attendance records.
• Assist with on-site medication administration and management.
- Family Service Worker at Starfish Family Services
- Care Coordinator at Meridian Health Plan
- Medical Assistant at IHA
- Receptionist at Dr. David Karle, M.D
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology/Science