As a family support worker I assist families I work with by connecting them to community resources, crisis intervention, transportation, and information on positive parenting strategies. I provide support and advocacy for the individuals I work with.
- Family Support Worker at Lutheran Services in Iowa
- Residential Counselor at Family Resources
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Social work and Criminal Justice
• Mentor and support the Family Support Workers
• Document precise notes
• Conduct trainings for team meetings
• Conduct 1.5-2-hour supervision with each Family Support Worker on a weekly basis
• Train new hires
- FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER SUPERVISOR at THE INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH/HEALTHY FAMILIES NEW YORK
- FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER at THE INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH/HEALTHY FAMILIES NEW YORK
- LEAD PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE/ACO CHAMPION/MEDICAL RECORDS at THE INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH/HEALTHY FAMILIES NEW YORK
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY - literature
Working as a Family Support Worker (FSW). The family support worker acts as a support and guide to families with an open CPS/DCS case to preserve the (re)unification of families prior to or following children being removed from the home. FSW’S meet with families weekly to provide resources and offer any other support/guidance depending on the family’s individual needs. FSW’S also facilitate/document sessions with the parents & children. (2018-2019)
- Family Support Worker at SAGE COUNSELING
- Case Aide / Parent Aide at Child & Family Support Services
- Sales Associate / Customer Service Representative at Best Buy
- Program Counselor at YMCA
10 months at this Job
- B.S - Family Studies and Human Development
As a family support worker, I meet with clients and support families working towards reintegration. This involves extensive documentation and communication skills.
- Family Support Worker at Saint Francis Ministries
- Residential Manager/Home Care Managee at ResCare
- Dispatcher/Customer Service at ACCESS Transportation
- Parts Specialist at O'Reilly Auto Parts
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- None - Social Work
- Associate - Social Work
- none - General
The Family Support Worker provides support to children/families including, but not limited to, parenting skills, life skills, child development and behavior management to assist children and families in reaching permanency. * Provides direct in-home services including, but not limited to, parenting skills, life skills, child development and behavior management * Support case plan goals through teaching, role modeling, and demonstration * Participates in case conferences, family meetings, client assessments, and in the team decision making process * Supervises and transports children and families, as needed * Assists families to establish a support network with family, kinship, and community * Refers clients to community services and assists in arranging appointments as needed * Assists in gathering information for bio-psycho-social assessment * Provides assistance in crisis situation * Liaison with DCF, courts, schools, other providers, and communities * Completes and maintains written documentation in child/family’s case record accurately and within established time frames * Supports resource families to maintain placements and help children work toward permanency * Participates in supervisory and team meetings, sharing pertinent information about children/families progress, collateral contracts and relationships with other agencies/communities * Monitors and supervises family interactions * Reports critical incidents to DCF verbally within 12 hours, written within 24 hours * Implements SFCS policies and follows directives as required. Follows and adheres to all pertinent SFCS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), rules, personnel policies and procedures; related accreditation and licensure standards; and federal, state and local rules, statutes, regulations, and contractual terms * Is knowledgeable of and follows all safety procedures * Reports unusual incidents through appropriate Risk Management, clinical and safety channels * Ensures clients’ rights are protected
- Family Support Worker at Saint Francis Community Services
- Feedmill Laborer at Frontier AG
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - General Education
- Some college
• Serve a case load of 5+ mothers and children while involving interactive learning
• Perform community outreach activities while leading specific incentives geared towards health promotion
• Commonly worked with mother's suffering from addiction, domestic violence, and poor living conditions
• Conducted home visiting services with first time parents and their children whom are enrolled in coalition program.
• Assisted families in the development of individual family support plans of which I regularly monitored and provided support to families in their achievement of established goals.
• Developed case plans through supervision with development of related goals, support and referrals in which to serve families.
• Provided community resource referral, child development education and parenting support to first time parents.
• Worked in collaboration with other family support worker's and supervisor in conducting various informational, support and play groups.
• Monitors patient activities, provides security checks throughout shift, completes documentation to include, but not limited to, rounds sheets and End of Shift reports; records patient behavior.
• Participates in direct patient care including ensuring patient safety and interacting therapeutically.
• Assists in the activities of patients' daily schedule.
• Assists with de-escalation.
• Performs all aspects of patient belongings processing for new admissions and resulting from visitations, including search, debugging, and delivery.
• Assists patients with packing of belongings in preparation for discharge.
• Monitors Business Center for patient compliance with rules and schedules.
• Monitors patient activities at the Wellness Center.
- Family Support Worker/Recovery Specialist at Total Family Care Coalition
- Sr. Finance Risk Coordinator at Capital One
- Family Support Worker at Capstone Counseling
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- B. A - Behavioral Science
To obtain a career where I can demonstrate my strengths, abilities and goals with the highest degree of professionalism. 2007 -Present Children's Home Society Jacksonville, FL Family Support Worker
• Interview participants for entrance into the Healthy Start Program and complete appropriate paperwork.
• Develop a service plan with direct-line supervisor to guide service delivery and establish family goals.
• Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment.
• Aid in making and attending health care appointments, as well as other agency visits in the community.
• Initiate and maintain regular contact with families, primarily in their home, establishing a trusting relationship and strengthening the parent-child relationship.
• Assess the health and human services needs of participants, and develop, with the participant, a service to address those needs. Follow up routinely with participants.
• Maintain participant case files and other documentation necessary for the evaluation of individual and program progress, and reports statistics to the Program Supervisor.
• Maintain participants case files and other documentation, meet all deadlines.
• Provide information and referral to participants, and follow-up as appropriate and needed.
- Family Support Worker at Children's Home Society
- Family Support Worker at First Family Coast
- Community Follow Up Worker at Argus Community, Inc
12 years, 2 months at this Job
• Working as a community support worker, therapeutic mentor and TT&S
• Creating goals and safety plans with youth and families based upon their current treatment plans
• Working on therapeutic goals with youth and family
• Creating needs assessment, safety plan and goals for adults
• Obtaining insurance authorizations for client services
• Working on a team to provide wrap-around trauma informed mental health services
• Accessing appropriate community services for clients
- Family Support Worker at Clinical and Support Options
- Special Education Paraprofessional at Crosby Elementary School
- Agency Wide Youth Development Counselor at Hillcrest Educational Centers
- Dean of Academic Affairs Intern at Springfield Public Schools
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work
Position -Conduct home visits with pre/postnatal families enrolled in the program -Conduct outreach within the community to recruit families to participate in the program. -Develop appropriate action plans with each family. -Provide support and education that promotes positive parent child interaction, along with child health and development. -Refer families to appropriate community resources for additional services the family may require. -Participate in individual and group supervision, team meetings, planning activities and ongoing training. - Screen and set goals with special needs participants. -Maintain records of client contacts and services, outreach activity, and other required information.
- Family Support Worker at Family Focus-Nuestra Familia
- Family Support Worker at Onward Neighborhood House
- Student and Family Liaison at Association House of Chicago
- Purchasing Assistant at Food and Paper Supply Company
3 years, 3 months at this Job
Support care givers and families with personal and community support resources. Also assist them with seeking out said resources, keeping appointments and to accompany clients to meetings, court, therapy etc.
- Family Support Worker at Family Support Organization of Hudson County
- Office Manager at Skyline Security Consulting, LLC
- Family Service Worker at Essex County Social Services
- Substitute Teacher at Grades K8 Newark Board of Education
5 months at this Job
- - Personal Computer Applications
- BA - Speech Communication