Communication with Parents:
• Process family intakes, assisting parents in completing Head Start and childcare applications and redeterminations for Action for Children, Illinois Department of Human Services, and Department of Family and Support Services.
• Coordinate parent meetings, workshops, committee meetings, and volunteer activities. Assist officers of parent committee to implement Head Start programs for parent meetings.
• Serve as liaison between parents, Site Directors, and Executive Director, relaying information to parents as appropriate.
• Build relationships with families.
• Strengthen families through the family partnership agreement process.
• Encourage parent participation.
• Oversee the recruiting, training, and scheduling of parent volunteers.
• Keep other staff apprised of parent issues as appropriate, and assist staff in designing and implementing a comprehensive well-integrated plan for parent involvement that crosses all service areas.
• Assist parents in developing and scheduling their own social and developmental activities and encourage and support parents in addressing community needs. Documentation:
• Maintain and assist with documentation for all relative contacts with family in Eligibility, Recruitment, Enrollment, Attendance, Disabilities, Health, and Social Service folders. Administration:
• Work closely with Head Family Worker and Head Start Manager and other content area specialists.
• Facilitate follow-up care for children and families with medical and dental providers, CPS, and mental health providers.
• Actively participate in meetings which may include management, teaching team, center, committee, parent, parent policy, family reviews, city/state, agency, and board meetings.
• For children with special needs, coordinate services with parents, CPS, Department of Family and Support Services, and mental health consultants.
• Attend internal and external professional development trainings, conferences, and workshops.
• Provide general administrative support as assigned by Head Family Worker. Community Relations and Partnerships:
• Build and maintain community partnerships by collaborating with Head Family Worker in the development of partnerships with social service agencies, CPS, and organizations within surrounding communities.
- Family Worker at Mary Crane Center (Molade)
- Office Assistant at Christopher House (Logan Square)
- Secretary at Christopher House (Uptown)
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Family Studies
- A.A. - General Studies
- High School Diploma
Working for 15+ years as a family worker providing help and services for low income families, Spanish translation, phone redirecting, familiar with sales force database and word. Dedicated, responsible and on time. Helped families navigating the Department of Education to acquire services for their children. CPR trained and presently attending Touro College for Psychology and Liberal Arts. Ability to work under pressure and accomplishing tasks before deadline. Communication with parents in achieving goals, and facilitating classrooms agendas as well as escorting children to and from their destination.
- Family worker at University Settlement
- Teacher Aide at
- at WXOU Radio
14 years, 10 months at this Job
- CPR Certification
As a family worker I was working hands on with the parents. I was there to assist with all of their concerns. Helping them decide on what is the next step for their child after high school. I would also help translate to spanish in the I.E.P meetings and all over the school. I helped advocate there conserns to the teachers or paraproffessionals of the classrooms.
- Family worker at John F. Kennedy jr High School P721Q
- Substitute Para Professional at Department of Education (ps.330)&( JFK JR P721Q)
- Sales and Customer Service Representative at Macys
- Customer Service Representative/Head Cashier at The Milleridge Inn
7 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Early Childhood Education Candidate
In Home Family Worker in Montcalm and Ionia Counties
- In Home Family Worker at Catholic Charities of West Michigan
- Outpatient Therapist at Community Hope Christian Counseling
- Outreach Counselor at Lifefocus Mental Health
- Missions Assistant at Calvary Church
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- M.A. - Counseling
- B.A. - Bible/Theology
* Provide case management services for a case load of 45 families * Assist in the collaboration of group meetings, activities and trainings, to provide information on healthy child development. * Facilitate parent meetings and workshops for referrals and resources to advocate for parents. * Perform observations in the classrooms throughout the day. Northeastern Import-Export Inc. Woodbridge, New Jersey Textile Recovery Services Inc. Office Manager * Handled all clerical functions and administrative duties. * Maintained client files for clothing bin placements. * Assisted supervisor in generating route sheets for drivers to service clothing donation bins New World Preparatory Charter School Staten Island, New York Consultant * Assisted with clerical functions and general administrative duties that is needed * Maintained accurate student records and offered translation services to Spanish speaking parents Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen New Brunswick, New Jersey Somerset Street Early Learning Center Family Worker * Under the Child Care Abbott program guidelines, provided case management for a case load of approximately 30 families * Assisted in the collaboration of group meetings, activities and trainings to provide information on healthy child development. * Facilitated parent meetings and workshops for referrals and resources to advocate for parents. * Performed observations in the classrooms throughout the day.
- Family Worker at Raritan Bay Area, YMCA
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Ophthalmic Science
I am a family worker intern at the head start in Woonsocket. I have a case load of 9 families. I provide them with resources. I have learned how to develop relationships with families. I am responsible for completing home visits and entering paperwork into the computer system.
- Family Worker Intern at Head Start Program
- Figure Skating Coach at FMC Ice sports
- Movie Theater at Gardner Cinemas
- Childcare Provider at
1 year at this Job
- - Social Work
- Bachelor's - Social Work
Recruit children, interview applicants, complete applications and maintain site waiting list data as required. * Identify family problems and needs in order to refer them to appropriate programs and services in the community. * Promote family community involvement and serve as a resource person for human services agencies including health, housing, entitlements, employment services and education. * Ensure health requirements are met according to Head Start Performance Standards * Ensure good communication with families regarding screenings, assessments, and surveys in order to provide the information regarding medical, psychological, and social services referrals * Actively participate in parent or group meetings, community collaborations and affiliations in order to advocate for Head Start children and families. * Perform record keeping, including written documentation, schedule reports, and mandated reporting, in a timely, accurate, and confidential manner.
- Family Worker at Puerto Rican Family Institute
- Family Case Planner at Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Human Services
My role was primarily to provide a whole family intervention for families with multiple and complex needs, through providing persistent and intensive support coupled with appropriate
challenge. The families may be characterised by children not being in school, members of the family being involved in crime or anti-social behaviour, and at risk of eviction or family members
experiencing domestic abuse, mental health issues or substance misuse issues and. Debt
issues, or at risk of financial exclusion. The families may also typically be those who have not
engaged well with services in the past. But also to be responsible for supporting the imbedding
of the "Think Family" approach across agencies, with a specific focus on primary schools with children at risk of exclusion.
I coordinated and managed a small caseload and undertook whole family assessments and where appropriate taking on overall case responsibility for designated families and undertaking
specific interventions, as identified through the assessment process.
As a FIP worker, I was linked to a group of schools within a particular locality and was
responsible for taking a lead in guiding and supporting school employees in how to complete
whole family assessments in the form of Family CAF, and assist them in how to analyse the assessment findings to formulate a support plan for the whole family.
I was also the point of contact for the school around how to take on the role of a Lead
professional and get alongside the school workers to coach them to develop and imbed the skills required to undertake the Lead Professional role.
My skills include
• Working directly with families, communities and children and young people
• Managing effective relationships with a range of partners with differing agendas and objectives and ensuring positive relationships can be maintained.
• Full and cleaning driver's license and willing to travel across the county
• I am Committed to anti-discriminatory, equality of opportunity and ability to integrate within practice.
• I am knowledgeable in the relevant criminal and civil remedies and housing legislation relating to anti-social behaviour
• I am also knowledgable on evidence based programmes such as Triple P parenting [email protected] 001631-428-7515
• I am also experienced in professional and clinical supervision
• I have a working knowledge of relevant legislation relating to youth justice and children and young people. My personal abilities include:
• Ability to engage and motivate resistant and hard to reach young people and families
• Ability to make decisions that balance the needs of families and individuals with those of the wider community using assessments and information from a wide variety of sources.
• Ability to challenge and be assertive with families but also be sensitive and empathetic to their needs
• Proven ability in using negotiation and problem-solving skills in a multi-agency and multi- disciplinary setting.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills across diverse disciplines alongside strong interpersonal skills and to network and form effective links with different agencies and organisations.
• Proven ability of working with socially excluded young people, adults and families and an understanding of the issues to overcome to enable sustainable and positive change. Ability to maintain compliance with appropriate policy, procedures and operational instructions by supervisor.
• Ability to ensure workload is managed within timescales and effective records are maintained. To have good IT skills. Ability to work flexibly.
• Commitment to best outcomes for young people and implementing evidenced based effective practice programmes
• Ability to support and coach other professionals to develop their skills base
- District Family Worker at Family Intervention Partnership
- at Bethanna Children Services
- Facilitator for Nurturing Parenting Program at Family Services Association of Bucks County
- Clinical Case Manger at
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Arts - Diplomacy
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Studies
- Diploma in Nursery Nursing - (NNEB) - Early Childhood Education
- Master in Professional Clinical Counseling - Professional Clinical Counseling
I help my family with rental homes we own, prepare them for rental and cleaning them up after.
- Family Worker at N/A
3 months at this Job
- None - High School
Work with agencies and team members of the Head Start staff to deliver a variety of services and to provide support to Head Start families in the community and surrounding areas. Responsible for ensuring that the Head Start Performance Standards of Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Parent Involvement, Family and Community Services are implemented and adhered to in the program. Assist in recruitment, selection and enrollment of eligible children, that includes providing an explanation of income eligibility, program services, parent participation and informed consent. Build relationships and create partnerships with families to help them identify family strength, goals and tasks to achieve their goals. Conduct home visits and case reviews. Provide appropriate communication to classroom staff concerning family work and participate in child study meetings. Manage waiting lists and monitor tracking reports and tools. Assess family and individual client needs and make appropriate referrals and recommendations. Assist with emergency and crisis situations as necessary.
- Family Worker at Head Start of Rockland, Inc
- Service Representative/Kid's Club Attendee at 24 Hour Fitness, Inc
- Assistant Teacher at Children of America
- Sales Associate at Walking Company
5 years at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelor's - Sociology