As a fifth grade teacher, I am responsible for planning/teaching material for seven subjects, developing personalized learning plans for students with learning disabilities, and collaborating with other educators in furthering our students' educations.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at Gateway Christian Academy
- Post Office Supervisor at Pensacola Christian College
- Assistant Resident Manager at Pensacola Christian College
- Resident Assistant at Pensacola Christian College
7 months at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
- Master's - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education
- High school
at Lewton Global Studies Magnet School & FOURTH-FIFTH-SIXTH GRADE MUSIC INTEGRATION TEACHER at Mt. Hope STEAM, Lewton Global Studies Magnet, & Wexford Montessori Schools, LANSING SCHOOL DISTRICT; LANSING, MI - 2017 TO PRESENT Instruction, assessment, and implementation of 4th, 5th, & 6th grade Music Integration classes including creating, performing, and exploring through diverse music activities integrating core reading, math, science, and social studies components in collaboration with classroom teachers. Co-director of ALL CITY CHOIR program.
- FIFTH GRADE TEACHER at Lewton Global Studies Magnet School & FOURTH-FIFTH-SIXTH
- FOURTH GRADE EDUCATOR at PAIDEIA ACADEMY SOUTH MOUNTAIN
- PERFORMANCE TOUR ACCOUNT MANAGER, CLASSIC PERFORMANCES BY CORPORATE at TRAVEL SERVICE
- SITE DIRECTOR at CREEKSIDE & LEAD TODDLER TEACHER at JENKINS EARLY at CHILDHOOD LEARNING CENTER
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
Sardinal, Costa Rica
• Taught math, science, language arts, and a variety of other topics to fifth grade students
• Explained material mostly in English but also in Spanish to students who needed extra assistance
• Coordinated with the other fifth grade teacher to develop creative lesson plans to stimulate learning
• Strengthened my classroom management abilities through collaboration with other team members and teacher meetings to discuss difficult situations and students within the classroom
- Fifth Grade Teacher at Lakeside International School
- English Teacher at Instituto Estelar Bilingue
- School Social Work Intern at Naperville North High School
- Office Support Specialist at University of Illinois at Urbana
11 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences - Psychology
Minnesota State Teaching License kindergarten to sixth grade File Number: 508137
Minnesota State Teaching License Special Education kindergarten to twelfth grade 508137
Star International Academy, Michigan August 2018- Present
Fifth Grade Teacher
• Used a wide variety of instructional strategies to educate students from diverse backgrounds and other languages.
• Collaborated with the paraprofessional, parents, and Coordinator of Curriculum to differentiate instruction for students on multiple tiers.
• Created reading groups based on reading test levels and instructed in small group work.
• Participated in weekly professional development courses to gain more experience in classroom management, reading and writing interventions, and classroom instruction techniques.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at Star International Academy
- Raleigh Eagle's Nest Youth Specialist at Raleigh Elementary Charter School
- Student Teacher at Denfeld High School
- Observation of cooperating teacher at Danile Kumar International School
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Integrated Elementary and Special Education
Class of 24 students aged 10-11 years old. Focus on building relationships and social-emotional and problem solving skills. Teach all main subjects (Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art and Health) and promote school values of Hawaiian Culture and Olelo. Collaborating with three other fifth grade teachers to align our teaching, curriculum, and strengthen our hamuana's learning.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at Kamaile Academy PCS - Waianae, HII
- Kindergarten Teacher at Union City Elementary
- Customer Experience Coordinator at TJ Maxx
- Jobs varied from hostess at Giuseppe's Pizzeria
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Early Childhood
- High School Diploma
• Prepares courses objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
• Writes lesson plans and has them available for Supervisor and/or Principal to review.
• Lectures, demonstrates and uses technology to present subject matter to class.
• Prepares, administers, and corrects test and record results.
• Teaches lessons using the effective teaching cycle.
• Teaches and enforces rules of conduct.
• Maintain order in classroom, on playground, and around campus.
• Counsels students when behavioral and academic problems arise.
• Discuss students' academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
• Keep attendance and grade records as required by school.
• Maintain student's weekly work and create packets for submission to Lead Teacher for review.
• Attend all staff and grade level meetings.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at Noah Webster School
- Youth Leader II at Saint Louis Juvenile Detention Center
- Paymaster at Saint Louis City Treasurer's Office
- Elementary Teacher at Normandy School District
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Education - Elementary Education
- - Elementary Education
Duties: Facilitated comprehension of academic concepts by implementing 21st Century skills into curriculum to maximize student achievement. Designed and implemented Fifth Grade Reading Curriculum, writing lesson plans, preparing resources and materials for both General and Special Education students. Collaborated weekly with grade level team to identify and develop curriculum and educational goals, advising colleague of appropriate resources and utilization of intervention strategies needed to achieve desired educational goals. Collaborated with Special Education Teacher for students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Conferenced with Special Education Teacher and parents during IEP Meetings concerning student IEP Goals. Collaborated with Instructional Coach to identify appropriate academic content and utilization needed to optimize instruction and increase student's academic performance. Wrote Baseline, formative and summative assessments to track student progress needed to identify educational goals and to inform instruction. Integrated lessons using Smartboard technology, PowerPoint presentations and computers. Collaborated with building staff in weekly professional growth and development meetings, exploring instructional practices to maximize student achievement. Experience using databases for reporting student academic performance and collecting assessment data used to identify student level of performance and inform instruction. Accomplishments: Increase Reading Levels by Two (2) Grade Levels for 50% of students.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at George Melcher Elementary
- Substitute Teacher at New Stanley Elementary
- Substitute Teacher at Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools
- Para Educator at Turner USD
1 year at this Job
- - Reading Specialist
- Bachelor's of Science Degree - Elementary Education
- Associate of Arts of Arts - General Studies
Wheaton Woods Elementary (Title 1 School)
● Provide daily instruction in math, science, reading, writing, and social studies
● Foster positive relationships with students, parents, and staff
● Facilitate meetings with students and parents to foster a growth mindset
● Implement effective classroom management techniques
● Knowledge of Curriculum 2.0 and Common Core
● Able to manage multiple tasks while remaining flexible
● Empower students to love learning through providing engaging and relevant instruction
● Scaffold math and science lessons to meet the needs of students based on individual IEP
● Active member of Parent Outreach Committee which provides quarterly outings and events to bridge the gap between schools and the community
● Implement best practices and strategies while teaching students with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and various learning disabilities.
● Implement arts integrated instruction
● Analyze data to guide instruction, set goals, and evaluate progress
● Facilitate grade level collaborative planning meetings
● Provide small group guided reading instruction with an emphasis in critical thinking
● Co-teach various subject areas
● Proficient in Promethean ActivInspire Studio Software, Excel, Word, and Google Drive
● Administer MIRL, PARCC, MAP and WETA assessments
● Expertise in developing lessons catered to student interest and abilities
● Differentiate lessons for English Language Learners using key strategies such as visuals, scaffolding, and explicit vocabulary instruction
● Administer behavioral and academic intervention to support student needs in the classroom
● Facilitate events such as parent nights, conferences, and community events
● Integrate social and emotional best practices within instruction
● Facilitate data chats amongst colleagues and administrators Student Teaching Experience
● Fifth grade experience differentiating common core math instruction
● Kindergarten teaching experience facilitating whole group and small homogenous grouped literacy and math instruction Applied developmentally appropriate practices to instruct at risk students.
● Administered behavior/academic intervention through academic coaching
● Administered one on one ESOL instruction
● Created and instructed extension lesson for advanced learners
● Observed mentor teacher's daily schedule and method of teaching
● Created and taught Language Arts lesson plans
● Facilitated reading intervention in small groups
● Created and taught lesson plans; story reading, paper grading
● Regular facilitation of carpet time
● Administered testing
● Supported teacher via administering small group lessons Related Work
- Fourth and Fifth Grade Teacher at Montgomery County Public Schools
- Summer Camp Senior Counselor at Facilitation
- at KidsCo Incorporated
- Summer Camp Senior Counselor at
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Early Childhood Education
Fulfilled all duties as a teacher. I also was a member of the professional development committee where I instructed the mentors and mentee program for new teachers at our school. I was the parent involvement facilitator where I helped organize parent night for grade level activities including attendance, purchase orders, and teacher stipends.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at East Newton School District
- Teacher at
20 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Elementary education
- Associate - Education
Dothan, AL Taught on the fifth grade level at a Title I school. Suggested and received approval to create differentiated math classes. Responsible for an above-grade level math class and an on-grade level reading class. Integrated the use of technology by incorporating Thinklink into the math curriculum. Received training on and implemented The Alabama Reading Initiative. Worked with struggling readers in my homeroom on a daily basis. Planned differentiated instruction based upon my students' needs. Created assessments that were both performance and knowledge based.
- Fifth Grade Teacher at Highlands Elementary
- Student Teacher (Intern) at Waters Landing Elementary
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education