(part time) Austin, Texas Oct. 2016-Mar. 2018
• Assisted with screenwriting and producing small local projects
• Film director of youth program Cine Joven Studios as well as taking on roles involving post production and casting.
• Established relationships with the executive directors and various non-profit organizations.
- Film Director at Austin School of Film
- Group Leader (Part time) at EXTEND-A-CARE
- Lead Teacher (Part time) at La Petite Academy
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- Minor - Family and Child Development
• Directed four short films and two documentaries
• Developed and adjusted script for cinematic purposes
• Collaborated with producers in location scouting and casting calls.
• Controlled the entire process of each film from start to finish
• Held casting sessions, rehearsals and table reads
• Worked hands on with cast and crew on different elements of the story.
• Created different environments so that actors could feel comfortable working.
• Worked with actors to ensure we got the best performance.
• Fully edited every film and documentary.
- Film Director at New York Film Academy
- Production Assistant at Turner Upfront
- Film Director at The Creative Mind Film Group
- Production Assistant at Time Warner Cable
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Fine Arts - Filmmaking
- Bachelor of Arts - Broadcasting
Greetings, I am a visionary Director/Cinematographer, with multiple awards for my work of art and thrilling Recognition at American and International film festivals. I started my career with directing Independent films, Music Videos, Commercials, Documentaries and Multi Media productions in Los Angeles which led to being acknowledged as a Director/Cinematographer. I am also a Certified Camera Operator from Arriflex Company. The style I have developed in my productions is a combination of both American and European tastes. This allows me to visualize the script in many different visual aspects. Past: Over the last few years I was out of state and I had the opportunity to travel to East Asia, Middle East, Central America and Europe to shoot and direct some films, documentaries, music videos, and commercials. All of these traveling allowed me to work with many different artists and producers and let me experience their cultures, and by doing that I have gained amazing knowledge. Present: The good news is that since 2007, I have received 9 National and International Awards and additional recognitions from various film festivals for Directing, Producing and Cinematography. My films including: 5 then 4 Blue Behind the Mask Requiem Pattern of Love Yellow Means Distance Red white and Mirror Haji and Friends Isolated Island As a Director, Producer, Lighting Designer and Cinematographer I have done over 200 Documentaries, Music Videos, Commercials, Short Films and full-length Movies. My first full-length Movie as a Director/DP is in post-production. I also was lighting designer with smart LED technology for more than 50 projects in all over the world. Future: Here is what I am looking for: "You're Trust" If I gain your trust I would be able to use my Vision, Talent, Skill, Experience and Energy to reach the highest possible goals, and that is nothing but OSCAR in Directing and Cinematography. All these would happen under your supervision and management. As a visionary Director, I want to use my insight to create amazing masterpieces, while I have many cutting edge and extraordinary ideas to support our goals. I have full access to 12 registered scripts in deferent genre, and also I am connected to a Noble Prize Nominee who gave me the complete rights to adopt her books for film and TV. As an experienced cinematographer and lighting designer I want to expand the smart LED lighting technology in Hollywood main stream to improve the meaning of painting with light in high end cinematography. All these would be possible if you only give me the opportunity to work side by side with you and your respected company. I am sure I will make you happy. If possible, I would like to speak with you in person and give you the details and hopefully soon we will start collaborating together. This is my personal website which shows some of my work for film and Visual Media: www.mikemallak.net And my demo reels on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user31927376/ My IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1972732/ Looking forward to hear from you. Warm Regards. Mike Mallak 310.717.2023 www.mikemallak.net
- Film Director at ICD LLC
6 years, 2 months at this Job
Worked in PR and promotions of the first Himachal feature film "Saanjh" which won accolades all over the world including Borrego springs film festival.
- Film Director at Silent Hills Studio
3 months at this Job
- Diploma - Directing
- certificate - filmmaking
- Master's - MBA(HR&Marketing)
- B.TECH - Computer science
Director (and writer in some cases) of commercials and contents.
- Film Director at Freelancer
- Music video and Concert film Director at
- writer, director at The Chronicler
- writer, director at Choice
9 years, 2 months at this Job
• Casted, Directed, and Produced video projects. Planned, organized and budgeted short films and web series.
• Written feature film scripts, web series, and short films.
• Located and secured approval for scene locations.
- Film Director Pilot Episode at Film and Production
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Film - Film
CA E Plus Studios Held auditions for independent film. Wrote and finalized the script. Directed each shot for the camera person. Organized days for shooting.
- Film Director at E Plus Studios
- Assistant Manager at Cinemark Century
- Customer Service Returns Manager at Delutti Cozy Winters
- Photographer at
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- BFA - Fine Arts
Commercial TV & video productions - Responsive web design and development - Content
development - Storytelling - Copywriting - Art Direction - Non-Linear Editing
San Antonio, TX - Houston, TX Creative director - Film director - Producer - Web Architect - Principal
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - Gonzaba Medical Group - Digestive Surgery Center - Chrysler - Sonic - American Momentum Bank - Regions Bank - The Barcelona Lofts - FrontlinER Emergency Care -
Direct Energy - The Loken Group - Creative Civilization (CTCA - GMG - University Health System - VÍA
Transit - Guitar Center) - Weathered Souls Brewing Company. Creative Director, Web Architect and film Director/Exec. Producer developing cross-channel
marketing campaigns for U.S. Hispanic and general markets. Freelance senior copywriter and senior
art director for local San Antonio agencies and Houston clients. Film writer (English) producer,
camera and non-linear video editor. General market to Hispanic market campaign adaptations. Creative Director / ACD
Online portfolio: www.rafajuarez.com
• Email: [email protected] 4 Selected Achievements:
• Since I left Lopez Negrete Communications in April of 2015, I built a clientele under my own business brand that resulted in an average of 30 projects per year, from creative direction, copywriting and art direction, to direction and production of bilingual TV campaigns for Gonzaba Medical Group in San Antonio (branding and AEP-Open Enrollment campaigns, achieving more than 2,500 new senior patients in 2017), to mobile-first responsive web design, copywriting and development for Cancer Treatment Centers of America and corporate video productions, as well as collateral and large size print productions.
• www.NoEsperes.org - www.DigestiveSurgeryCenter.com - www.WeatheredSouls.beer
• American Momentum Bank re-branding, writing and designing the new Brand Guidelines. Developing digital and print campaigns under the new guidelines.
• YouTube channel with over 42,500 views
- Creative director - Film director - Producer - Web Architect at RJC COMMUNICATIONS, LLC
- Multicultural Creative Director and bilingual copywriter at Regions Bank at Big Bite
- Recent work as creative director at San Antonio seniors
- creative director/editor at Cancer Treatment Centers of America
3 years, 11 months at this Job
-Collaborated with Producers in selecting cinematographer, and other crew members. -Supervised entire production team of 40 staff members, including on air talent and the behind the scenes crew. -Managed all financial aspects associated with all films, including developing budgets and ensuring proper revenue from advertising and product placement. -Written scripts and created storyboards to present story through cinematic images -Met with cast in rehearsals, guided actors by stimulating them, discussed characterization to create natural reactions and emotions -Completed entire post production process, editing, audio/Foley’s, color correction, and music/score selection for films and commercials -Negotiated & successfully completed deals with Distributors/VOD, dealt with Film Festival Submissions, promoted the films, through social network & local media -Professional knowledge in the craft of acting with 15+ years experience -Expert in the workflow with Premiere CC, Encoder CC, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut X, & Color Correction -Experienced working with Digital Cameras Canon 7D, 5D, Sony A7 and others, Including Red Scarlet (which I own)/ and all Red Cinema Cameras -Knowledgable with all Lenses brands & PL/EOS/ARRI Mount and their functions for different Shooting styles/situations
- Film Director at 3:13 Films
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Meisner Acting Technique - 2 years training - Film
- Editing - 2 years training - Film
- Strasburg Acting Technique - 4 years training - Film
- Film & Commercials - 2 years training - Film
- Theater Minor - 2 years training - Film
An innovative film production company focusing on Events, Brand Videos, Real Estate and Commercial film work. Filming on professional cine 4K cameras, drone video, lighting, audio and editing on Adobe Creative Cloud. ✓ Videos can be seen at CloudBridgeMedia.com
- Film Director & Editor at CLOUDBRIDGE MEDIA
- Livestream Videographer & Editor at PLUG AND PLAY TECH CENTER
- Video Director & Editor at UP AND OVER PRODUCTIONS
- Technical Lead at BIDPAL / ONECAUSE
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- A.A. in Film Studies - Film Studies
- B.A. in Cinema & Television Arts - Cinema & Television Arts