Finance Controller for cable company that owns several additional entities such as resorts in Florida, Broadway shows, movies & Jets team. Maintained financial records for all divisions. Responsible for reconciling and monitoring over 50 checking and savings accounts, CD's, in addition to loans & mortgages. Managed sales tax for the entities. Solely managed all human resources duties, including payroll, and benefits administration.
- Finance Controller at Service Electric Broadband Cable
- Payroll Manager & Grant Administrator at Sunrise House Foundation
- General Manager at Aqua Spas & Recreation
- Administrative Manager at Champion Pools & Spas, Inc
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- AAS degree
Matamoros, Mexico - San Benito, TX USA - Querétaro, MX Directed all functions and related operations regarding compliant financial targets the implementation of new technologies to increase growth within global automotive supplier. FINANCE CONTROLLER (2003 to Present) Canadian, U.S. and MX GAAP's Regularly exceeded set financial growth targets by implementing proven strategies. Designed continuous improvement program regarding current and new technologies to improve company growth. Consistently ensured legal regulation compliance and IT connectivity. ♦ Achieved overtime savings of $400K per year through the renegotiation and restructuring of Union Contract. ♦ Implemented proven strategies and obtained approval from Nissan to start quoting global programs, resulting in an increase in company sales. ♦ Attained spot as only division in company to achieve perfect score for Corporate Internal Control Department audit. ♦ Achieved position as most profitable Division within group through the development of a strong team and maintenance of the lowest Working Capital. ♦ Elected to participate in the MAGNA Executive Development Program in 2016. ♦ Avoided taxes on tooling sold to foreign customers through the successful negotiation of business contracts.
- FINANCE CONTROLLER at MAGNA - Decofinmex, S.A. de C.V
- PLANT CONTROLLER at INVENSYS - RANCO/Matamoros
16 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Opcen Finance Controller General Accountant Assure completeness Prepare Financial Statements and accuracy of Financial Statement and Government Taxes Makati Development Corporation Fil-Pacific Apparel Corporation 31st St. Cor. 2nd Avenue KM21 West Service Road BGC, Taguig City Buli, Alabang Muntinlupa October 9, 2017- present May 2, 2016 - September 2017
- Opcen Finance Controller at Makati Development Corporation
- Investment Analyst at Board of Investments
- Accounts Payable Staff Accountant at Koyo JTEKT
- at Mother Barbara Micarelli School
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Accountancy
- Finance Controller ( Manager ) at BW Papersystems Milano S.P.A. & BW Bielomatik S.r.l
- Finance Manager at Marioff S.r.l.
- Finance Controller ( Manager ) at Marioff S.r.l
- Finance Manager at Peugeot Automobili Italia S.P.A - Peugeot Milano S.P.A.
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master In Finance - Management, Administration, Finance and Controls
- Degree in Business Administration - Management, Administration, Finance and Controls
- High School qualification in business and languages - business and languages
New York, NY 2012 to Present
A $150 million multi-state energy service company that provides natural gas, electric, and oil energy services, with multiple offices across US and start up in Japan.
Director of Finance / Controller - Set up financial operations for this private company, including financial systems, monthly reporting, forecasting, cash and revenue recognition processes, and month-end close. Hold full management responsibility for finance, accounting, payroll administration, and marketing (the company's second largest expense after fuel costs). Oversee team of 5 Accountants, a Tax Manager, and Assistant Controller.
• Played key role in propelling revenue growth from $45 million to $125 million in 3 years, ensuring proper revenue
• Saved $500,000 per year by bringing the accounting and finance functions in house, which included installing enterprise software for multiple companies.
• Captured an additional $300,000 in savings through hands-on negotiation of key contracts.
• Increased line of credit from $10 million to $15 million through careful handling of external and bank audits, of which all received clean opinions.
• Maximized control of business results by instituting first-time budgeting and forecasting, and revenue recognition processes for sales to over 100,000 customers on various rate plans
• Enhanced accuracy and efficiency of customer billing and payment data by setting up system for transmitting data from 50+ utility companies.
• Streamlined the Accounting and Year end Audit Process to reduce close time and accuracy
- Director of Finance / Controller at COLUMBIA UTILITIES
- Corporate Controller / Financial Director at PROTEGRITY CORPORATION
- Interim Director of Finance - Brought at EDELMAN
- Chief Financial Officer at SAATCHI AND SAATCHI X
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/CONTROLLER
Proven financial management professional with over 20 years' experience as a finance and operations executive in the commercial and public sectors. Strong ability to develop, implement, and maintain fiscal policies and budget oversight. Outstanding presentational skills; routinely report to executive management and board of directors, instilling confidence and clarity on a wide range of financial issues. Strong ability to partner with internal and external clients to meet service targets and financial objectives. Develop effective strategic plans by conducting industry analysis and by obtaining operational employee feedback. Excel at translating fiscal improvements into tangible benefits; highly effective bolstering cash flow, profitability, and streamlining expenditures. Expertise in building strong financial models for diverse business types. Strong leadership abilities to include developing team members, managing processes and developing policies. Army Veteran. Financial Analysis
● Financial Statements
● Mergers & Acquisitions
● Profit & Loss
● Strategic Planning
● Market Analysis
● Cost/Benefit Analysis
● Data Warehousing
● Acquisition Compliance
● Due Diligence
● Fiscal Consulting
● Internal Controls
● Inventory Management
● Needs Assessment
● Team Leadership/Motivation
● Policy Development
● Training/Development Aurora Semiconductors (Vaco) St.Pete, Fl. October 2017 to 2018 Director of Finance Small Semiconductor Business supporting Defense, Hospitals and other industries Leading all finance and accounting functions, partnered with CEO and VP of Sales to develop forecasts, determine Overhead & G&A rates. Responsible for developing daily cashflow forecasting tool. Reduced the backlog of accounts payable in the 60 to 90 day range to re-establish vender goodwill. Reported financial results monthly to parent company within 5 days after the last day of the month.
- DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/CONTROLLER at Army Veteran
- Director of Finance at USA Environmental, Inc
- Director of Finance at Pilgrim Quality Software
- Independent Consultant at
3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Financial Management
• Financial Modeling and Analysis
• Budget Administrator
• Grants Management
• Project Management
• Business Administration and Development
• Payroll Administration
• Healthcare Finance
• Inventory and Procurement Management
• Tax Preparations and Filing KEY LEADERSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS HOUSING AUTHORITY OF COVINGTON Covington, Kentucky 2/2018 - 2/2019 Controller Public Housing Developments Financial management and administration of the fiscal operations for Public Housing Authority of developements with Department of Housing and Urban Development.
• Direct and managed staff of 4 providing managerial accounting and financial management for 856 public housing units and 185 Section 8 units.
• Proficient accounting management, month end closing process, financial statements and monthly schedule work papers, balance sheet accounts reconciliations, interfund accounting, Paycor payroll administration and processing, accounts payables, daily treasury cash management of HUD operating subsidies.
• Management of Tenants Accounts Receivables, payments, and maximize collection of 96% tenant revenue.
• Financial management of HUD operating and capital funds subsidies obligations and expenditures.
• Assist auditors with preparing Financial Data Schedule both unaudited and audited financial statements.
• Lead and supervised internal and external quarterly and annual audits for public housing and partnership developments.
- Finance Controller at Public Housing Finance and Accounting
- Director of Financial Services (Temporary) at TCN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC
- Director of Financial Reporting and Senior Financial Analyst at MILWAUKEE HEALTH SERVICES, INC
- Financial Controller at ALPHA & OMEGA CONSTRUCTION BUILDERS
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration - Specialization in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting & Business Administration
Oversee all financial & accounting activities. Responsible for budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. Participate in the development of and support the company's strategic plans. Compile and analyze financial reporting packages. Develop and manage finance controls in accordance with the company's procedures. Communicate financial metrics to senior management. Provide leadership and support to Rentals, accounts receivable and accounts payable departments.
- Finance Controller at Associa Hawaii
- Sr. Property Manager at Hawaiian Properties, Ltd
- Director, Management Services at Associa Hawaii
- Property Manager/Assistant Controller at Hawaiian Properties, Ltd
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Accounting
• Manages all accounting practices for the plant, and oversees monthly and quarterly financial reporting
• Works with the BU Controller to apply consistent accounting practices to the plant, directs the implementation of recommended changes to accounting practices PFR
• Lead Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast processes for the business
• Partners with business leaders to provide input into development of business strategies
• Analyzes business results, determines root causes and prepares recommendations and alternatives for review by management
• Coordinates financial modeling of quotation packages
• Provides business support in terms of product costing, receivable, inventory and payroll
• Leads financial analysis on capital projects Compliance
• Ensures that appropriate resources are available for internal and external financial and process audits.
• Leads efforts to comply with any governmental or regulatory financial requirements IT
• Leads efforts to ensure IT systems and applications properly support business
- Finance Controller at Cummins (China) Turbo Technologies Co. Ltd
- Finance Business Analysis & Planning Manager at Cummins (China) Investment Co, Ltd
- Business Development & Strategy Manager at Investment Co., Ltd
- Executive Leader Business Development at Cummins (China) Turbo Technologies Co. Ltd
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Management - Accounting
- Bachelor of Management - Accounting Beijing
Directed all facets of financial activities for three plants representing $300 mln in monthly gross sales, $500 mln in opex cost and $1 bln annual capital expenditure in a challenging environment, complex agreements and uncertain, volatile period. Served as primary financial advisor for all plants’ financial matters. Plans, budgets and resources were approved during tough competition for fund and during “world class investment discipline programme” launched by the Shell group in 2018.
Multiple financial accounting reporting roles; tax compliance that included:
• Delivered period end activities, including manual journal entries, accruals, analysis, adjustments, reconciliations, and ensured timely month-end closing and reporting.
• Actively managed A/R, A/P ensured timely payment and supported cash call forecasts
• Provided guidance to finance operation team in Krakow, Chennai and Manilla on policies, issues, and ensured compliance to policies, standard processes and regulations in UAE & Iraq.
• Supported and coordinated internal and external audit, achieved unqualified accounts
• Delivered in collaboration with regional and group tax, setting up and implementation of Tax
• Reviewed statutory tax returns, withholding tax, corporation tax, VAT, employment taxes.
• Proactive Interfaces stakeholder, Tax authorities, banks, etc to ensure timely and accurate reporting, liaised with Ernst & Young to monitor tax law changes and analyze the impact.
• Supported SAP implementation team, migration to Iraq and integrations with local team.
• Created working guideline and training material, trained staff from different background and locations, virtually and physically, supported building finance capabilities
• Achieved 30% structural cost saving; Identified and actioned continues improvement opportunities, eg. simplifying and improving month end process, management information
• Supported Country Controller and regional Finance Director on special projects, as needed o Responsible for review and approval of monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet Analysis. o Developed Governance, Risk & Assurance processes, successfully maintained strong business control framework and processes evidenced by internal and external Audit reports o Constructed, own and run Business Continuity Plan BCP and chairperson for Business Control Incidents BCI committee. Coordinated Business Assurance letter o Managed all day to day financial operation and project activities. Control Month end processes, ensure timely and accurate accruals and period end repotting o Delivery of accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts, Statuary accounts and financial analysis. Commentary reporting to Shareholders and High Management Committee (HMC) o Managed external audit appointment, internal audit committee and execution of agreements in compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures o Supported realisation of solid cash flow positions by providing financial strategy review and actively manage & control working capital, or issues relating revenue recognition o Ensured that all Business Processes are up to date including SAP accounts and reporting ensured all tax returns are timely and accurately submitted. Direct and indirect responsibility for 12 positions - three GRA controller, tax and period end controller and nine Staff Accountants.
- Finance Controller at Royal Dutch Shell plc - - Dubai - UAE / Seconded to Iraq - Basrah Gas Company BGC
- Business Planning and Reporting Manager at SHELL EP INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- Planning and Finance Venture Integration – Shell International EP at SHELL GROUP
- Treasury, Finance Operation and Asset Controller at Royal Dutch Shell plc – Qatar Shell Gas to Liquide GTL-
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Adminstration and accounting
- Master's - Accounting