Temporary Assignment) Parsippany, NJ
$90 Million Dollar Revenue Dairy/Deli Cheese Producer and Distributor
Finance Controller - Reported to the Company CFO 8/2018 to 01/2019
• Oversee company enterprise system (Sage X3) as administrator.
• Participated on planning board for SAP S4/HANA implementation.
• Supervise staff of three including Senior Staff Accountant, Collections and Deductions Staff.
• Main point of contact for external audit, tax, and System Consultants.
• Documented process improvement and internal operating process within Accounting and workflows.
• Managed Month End Close, Financial and Managerial Reporting.
• Responsible for all accounting department activities.
• Accomplishments include Reduction of State Tax audit assessment by over $200K, Open Receivables reduced from $9.5 mil to $6.6 mil, and created internal control manual for corporate and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Finance Controller at Finlandia Cheese, Inc
- Accounting Director at Envirosight LLC
- Accounting Manager at Titanium Industries, Inc
- System Specialist at Hilmar Cheese, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree - Accounting
NEW YORK, NY November 2009 to Present Health & Human Services Company with >$230 million in revenue and > 200 service programs spanning the spectrum of social services needs in the New York City area. VP Finance/Controller Modernizing and restructuring finance dept processes to significantly reduce time for monthly closing and provide more accurate preliminary financial data for review. Reorganizing department deliverables among finance team to provide a more coherent and consistent set of responsibilities within each area, and strengthen cross-training of responsibilities to strengthen continuity of processes and institutional knowledge. Developing more robust financial analyses to provide more informative and accurate data, as well as, address increased regulatory and compliance requirements. Knowledge of grant function to ensure timely and complete grant submission, as well as, oversight that all grant funds are being fully and properly utilized towards grant mission. Managing and reviewing CFR Reporting process to ensure accuracy, timeliness and funding maximization. Review of end-to-end revenue and billing lifecycle of funding sources such as Medicaid, Medicare, OPWDD & OMH. Preparation and review of year-end audited financial statements, as well as, review of Federal and State tax returns. Review of budgetary process and data to ensure accurate assumptions and viable outcomes.
- VP Finance/Controller at FEGS, INC
- Divisional Controller at BEARINGPOINT, INC
- at BEARINGPOINT, INC
- Divisional Assistant Controller at BEARINGPOINT, INC
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
New York, NY 2012 to Present
A $150 million multi-state energy service company that provides natural gas, electric, and oil energy services, with multiple offices across US and start up in Japan.
Director of Finance / Controller - Set up financial operations for this private company, including financial systems, monthly reporting, forecasting, cash and revenue recognition processes, and month-end close. Hold full management responsibility for finance, accounting, payroll administration, and marketing (the company's second largest expense after fuel costs). Oversee team of 5 Accountants, a Tax Manager, and Assistant Controller.
• Played key role in propelling revenue growth from $45 million to $125 million in 3 years, ensuring proper revenue
• Saved $500,000 per year by bringing the accounting and finance functions in house, which included installing enterprise software for multiple companies.
• Captured an additional $300,000 in savings through hands-on negotiation of key contracts.
• Increased line of credit from $10 million to $15 million through careful handling of external and bank audits, of which all received clean opinions.
• Maximized control of business results by instituting first-time budgeting and forecasting, and revenue recognition processes for sales to over 100,000 customers on various rate plans
• Enhanced accuracy and efficiency of customer billing and payment data by setting up system for transmitting data from 50+ utility companies.
• Streamlined the Accounting and Year end Audit Process to reduce close time and accuracy
- Director of Finance / Controller at COLUMBIA UTILITIES
- Corporate Controller / Financial Director at PROTEGRITY CORPORATION
- Interim Director of Finance - Brought at EDELMAN
- Chief Financial Officer at SAATCHI AND SAATCHI X
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Combining and summarizing large reconciliation data, preparing pivot table reports.
• Updating monthly revenue file, applying necessary changes for monthly sales.
• Assists Finance controller with month-end closure budging and forecasting.
• Reconciling and updating cost allocation reports for G&D share services.
• Assisting and collecting documentations for the Year End Audit Requests.
• Managing filing and updating soft data in share drive.
- Finance Temp (Assistant Finance Controller) at Giesecke + Devrient Currency Technologies
- Coach Aladdin at Transportation company
- Finance Officer at United Nations Development Programme
- Deputy Accounts Manager at Roshan Telecom Development Company
4 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
- Diploma in Business Administration
Opcen Finance Controller General Accountant Assure completeness Prepare Financial Statements and accuracy of Financial Statement and Government Taxes Makati Development Corporation Fil-Pacific Apparel Corporation 31st St. Cor. 2nd Avenue KM21 West Service Road BGC, Taguig City Buli, Alabang Muntinlupa October 9, 2017- present May 2, 2016 - September 2017
- Opcen Finance Controller at Makati Development Corporation
- Investment Analyst at Board of Investments
- Accounts Payable Staff Accountant at Koyo JTEKT
- at Mother Barbara Micarelli School
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Accountancy
Columbus, OH) 2009- Present
Property & Casualty Insurance, $400 million in revenue.
VP Finance / Controller / Company Officer
• Lead all financial reporting aspects of organization. Have reduced monthly close to 5 days from 15+.
• Lead FP&A team, which supports company's management team. Led implementation of 30 month rolling forecast
• Assist in analysis of investment opportunities, including real estate based limited liability companies.
• Led accounts payable and payroll functions.
• Assist senior management with strategic planning and strategic initiatives.
• Prepare material for and participate in Corporate Board meetings
• Serve on 401K benefit committee reporting to Board
• Have participated in the implementation process of several operational and financial system initiatives.
- VP Finance / Controller / Company Officer at SAFE AUTO INSURANCE COMPANY
- Business Unit Controller, P&C Controllership at NATIONWIDE INSURANCE GROUP
- Financial Manager at OHIO CASUALTY GROUP
- Director II, Cost & Statistical Accounting at GREAT AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY
10 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting and Finance
GSN Games is a subsidiary of The Game Show Network LLC, an 80-million subscriber television network. GSN Games, which has annual revenues of $250M and EBITDA of $50M, operates in 8 countries and is a leading provider of cross-platform entertainment. As the VP of Finance, Controller, I report to the CFO of The Game Show Network and am responsible for the global accounting of GSN Games. In this capacity, I oversee the Boston accounting team and have indirect reports in Bangalore India, Kiev Ukraine, and London England. * Responsible for global accounting, including consolidations, transfer pricing, and equity plan accounting * Managed the 2015 - 2017 Annual Audits of GSN Games and the 2018 Annual Audit (Sony Corporation) * Updated policies, procedures and internal controls, ensuring SOX compliance * Partnered with studio General Managers, analyzing and approving financial terms of license agreements * Partnered with SVP of Facilities and IT, approving all major contracts and leases * Managed banking relationships and approved all check and wire disbursements in the US, Ukraine, India, UK * Oversaw Great Plains financial systems upgrade
- VP of Finance, Controller at GSN GAMES
- Director, Corporate Controller at WELCH'S
- at LOJACK CORPORATION
- Interim CFO, Treasurer, VP Corporate Controller, and CAO at LOJACK CORPORATION
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Accounting
Finance Controller for cable company that owns several additional entities such as resorts in Florida, Broadway shows, movies & Jets team. Maintained financial records for all divisions. Responsible for reconciling and monitoring over 50 checking and savings accounts, CD's, in addition to loans & mortgages. Managed sales tax for the entities. Solely managed all human resources duties, including payroll, and benefits administration.
- Finance Controller at Service Electric Broadband Cable
- Payroll Manager & Grant Administrator at Sunrise House Foundation
- General Manager at Aqua Spas & Recreation
- Administrative Manager at Champion Pools & Spas, Inc
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- AAS degree
• Oversee all areas of finance division (G/L Cycle, Receivables, Payables, Payroll)
• Prepare monthly financial statements, cash flows, and KPI's for presentation to Executive Leadership
• Prepare and maintain weekly cash flow report and forecasts
• Plan and maintain the annual financial budget
• Build and implement cost pricing models into solicitation proposals
- Finance Controller at ReefPoint Group LLC
- Corporate Accounting Specialist at First Annapolis Consulting, Inc
- Accounting and Audit Supervisor at Toal, Griffith & Associates, LLC
- Senior Accountant at Mullen, Sondberg, Wimbish & Stone, P.A
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
* Responsible for management of day to day finance and accounting operations including accounts receivable and payables * Report to Group CFO and President in managing financial operations * Responsible for all financial reporting and analysis * Develop and report on company level budget * Accountable for the maintenance of job cost and contract management systems * Responsible for hiring, supervision, evaluation and development of finance and accounting staff * Finance and accounting champion in roll out of new enterprise resource planning system * Perform treasury management duties Accomplishments * Improved month end closing process from 10 plus days to 5 * Established policies and procedures for credit card program and employee reimbursements * Named co-chair of Lummus Benefits Committee * Introduced new benefits broker immediately reducing health benefit expenses for organization
- Finance Controller at System Solutions of Kentucky, subsidiary of Lummus Corporation
- Executive Director, Health Sciences Center Shared Services (HSC) at System Solutions of Kentucky, subsidiary of Lummus Corporation
- Secretary/Treasurer, University of Louisville Staff Senate 7 at University of Louisville Staff Senator
- at System Solutions of Kentucky, subsidiary of Lummus Corporation
17 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Science and Business Administration