Buea, Cameroon Jul 2018 - Dec 2018 Finance Officer at Presbyterian Health Complex Bafoussam
- Finance Officer at Presbyterian Health Complex Bafoussam at ChurchTreasurer at Presbyterian Church in Cameroon, SYNOD Office Buea
- Internal Auditor at Bafoussam
- at ChurchTreasurer at Presbyterian Church in Cameroon, SYNOD Office Buea
- Payroll Assistant Officer at The Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Board Services at Bamenda
5 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Certification in Leadership and Management in Health
- Bachelor in Accountancy - Accountancy
- HND in Accountancy - Accountancy
Current rank: Major
Civil Air Patrol responsibilities and activities include:
• Finance Officer (with senior rating) responsible for processing deposits and reimbursements, overseeing squadron budget, issuing tax documentation for charitable donations, and preparing financial documentation for Subordinated Unit Inspection
• Previously served as Emergency Services Training Officer responsible for ensuring that squadron members are educated about completion of their ground and aircrew ratings
• Completed National Incident Management/Incident Command Systems training
• Completed U.S. Coast Guard Inland Search and Rescue Planning Course (10/2018)
• 80 hours as a CAP air crew member
- Finance Officer at Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary
- Financial Analyst at Federal Housing Finance Board, Risk Monitoring Division
- Financial Analyst III at Financial Monitoring and Analysis Division
- Research Analyst at Risk Management Division
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance
- A.A.S. - Computer Science
Served as Town Clerk and Finance Officer. − Served as clerk to all boards − Post daily transactions, journal entries, budget amendments, deposits, and bank drafts. − Reconcile bank statements − Prepared payroll weekly − Orient employees to the personnel and payroll policies; sign up employees for benefits; assist employees with personnel questions − Develop procedures for town financial operations
- Town Clerk/Finance Officer at Town of Murfreesboro
- Executive Assistant at Hertford Co
- Info. Mgmt. Specialist at Choanoke Area Dev. Assoc. Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Office System Technology
08002 Finance Officer Responsibilities: Maintain Financial Accountability of Post Funds in multiple accounts via Quick Books. Process invoices for payment and research errors in billing with Vendors. Reconcile accounts monthly and generate monthly Finance Report for Executive Board. Manage & Maintain Legalized Games of Chance Machines along with tickets and file monthly reports to the State Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission accounting for funds received, winner payouts, and vendor payments. Canteen Manager Responsibilities: Daily Reconciliation of Cash Bags for each Shifts Bartenders and replenish funds. Daily Reconciliation of Petty Cash Fund. Restock Bar with Liquor Bottles based on previous days usage. Maintain Inventories of Beer, Wine, Liquor and Bar Supplies Place orders with Vendors to maintain inventories. Reconcile weekly Canteen Revenue by shift for deposit. Maintain Bartender Schedule. Cover Bartender Shifts as needed.
- Finance Officer & Canteen Mgr at American Legion Post 372
- Teletrace Technician at Bureau of Fiscal Service
- Clerical Assistant at Bureau of Fiscal Service
- Emergency Management Superintendent at 108TH CIVIL ENGINEERING SQUADRON, NEW JERSEY AIR NATIONAL GUARD
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Management
• Respond to parents' requirements and inquiries as they relate to finance or admissions.
• Follow up late payments and returned cheques.
• Manage petty cash payments including reconciliation and replenishment.
• Prepare bank collection report and undertake cheques scanning.
• Manage the trips and activities collections, student lists, and all related information and send them to HQ for payment.
• Manage stationery requests from staff order stationery, follow up orders and manage stationery supplies.
• Manage exercise book/textbook and library book orders.
• Manage recommendation reports and liaise with HQ for raising LPO.
• Manage student planner/year book orders.
• Manage the reprographic analysis and update each HoD of his/her spending.
• Monitor department budgets; prepare monthly income and expenditure statements/ updates or HoDs. Budget holders and principal (including petty cash and reprographic analysis).
• Work with Examination officer re:all external exams and manage the collection of examination fees .
• Manage self-fund budgets.
• Manage transport invoices: collect all information then prepare quick receipts for self-fund trips and liaise with HQ for payment.
• Manage the charities from different activities and send them to Red Crescent or specified destination.
• Complying the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies.
• Attending any necessary training associated with the duties of the post.
• Undertaking any other responsible duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post.
• Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
• [email protected] Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Finance Officer at Aldar Academies - Al Mamoura
- Admission and recruitment counselor at
- Cashier at Advance Center for Daycare Surgery
- Audit associate (Internship) at Talal Abu Ghazaleh International
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Finance
- - English Language
• Prepared budgets and processed Grant and Contract proposals for 23 full-time faculty members, including six junior faculty with limited grant preparation experience. This included gathering information from the faculty, reading and processing Requests for Proposals and Quotations from such sources as Department of Energy, Department of Education, The National Science Foundation, Phillip Morris, Jet Propulsion Lab at Cal-Tech, NASA, The National Institute of Health, Universal Technologies Corp., Naval Postgraduate School, Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District, South Coast Air Quality Management District, Electric Power Research Institute and the American Heart Association. At the time of submission, I also prepared all compliant documentation for submission to the Engineering Dean's Office and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research Sponsored Programs Division for approval. In the fiscal year 05-06, I processed a little over 50 grants and contracts for my faculty members, totaling in excess of $500,000.00. If and when grants and contracts were awarded, I processed account set up documents and maintained all aspects of account management for the duration of each Contract and Grant including providing periodic financial status reports, periodic renewals for some federal and private agencies, new budgets when funds have been reduced and final close out documentation for the faculty. I processed all gifts for my faculty, routing to campus resources, Cashiers, Engineering Dean's Office and Development offices. This amounts to approximately 20 gifts per year.
• As one of the department's two Finance Officer's I shared the responsibility for the approval of the daily flow of hundreds of financial documents that it takes to keep the department running smoothly. I approved over 1300 documents in DaFIS including the categories of Account Maintenance documents, Billing ID documents, Current Year Budget Adjustments, Direct Charges, Department Encumbrances, Departmental Purchase Orders (as back-up), Error Corrections, Entertainment Expense Vouchers, Feed Payment Documents, Redistributed Purchase Liens, Statement of Cash Collections and Travel Expense Vouchers and Year End Error Corrections. Also, as a primary DaFIS account delegate I initiated close to 300 documents per year, which are similar, but not limited to, the types of transactions listed above. Again, with the ever-increasing faculty numbers we experienced each year, I set up new accounts for new contracts and agreements for the new projects they generated. Other financial duties I performed on a regular basis included the maintenance of Departmental Current Accounts chart, reconciliation of ledgers, both payroll and general ledgers; which were previously behind approximately ten months. Reconciliation of four Pro-Card accounts for PI's with these privileges, budgetary adjustments to grant and contract accounts as needed and fiscal close functions.
• I managed the hiring of any and all Faculty, Staff and Student support for the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering in the alpha section A-L. I processed documents for all of the employees that each faculty member hired from postdocs to graduate student researchers and undergraduate assistants, as well as foreign or visiting scholars. Personnel documents for each person hired required my individual attention to details for such aspects as residency, identification and verification of status.
• I renewed all of my students on a quarterly basis averaging between 50-60 per quarter, including the rotation of hiring Teaching Assistants and Readers which totaled at least an additional 10-25 students. I gathered original information from my PIs or the department representative on their renewals listings, I verified each student's status on BANNER, entered their appointments into the PPS system and followed-up with them to sign compliance documents. Also I monitored fee remissions and fee waivers with Student Aid Accounting. I processed 10-20 new hires per quarter for undergraduates, whose appointments were listed on the Student Employment web site. I submitted 10-15 Work-study awards for selected students during the Fall Quarter which are also processed through Student Employment. I entered all renewals on a spreadsheet that I developed in the Winter Quarter of 2002 to keep track of all current academic appointments separated by PI. I copied Undergrad and Grad new hires and forwarded them to Accounting/Payroll division according to policy.
• My job duties also encompassed benefits issues, which at the time was only being handled on a basic level. I also processed and submitted applications for verification of support (DS-2019) for foreign students and H1-B application for scholars to SISS in conjunction with my personnel duties. In 2006, I processed between 20-25 applications for J-1 scholars and 10 H1-B packets in an endeavor to enhance MAE research opportunities. As part of a two person primary preparer team, I processed and prepared bi-weekly, monthly and monthly arrears payroll for all Faculty, Staff and Students in the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. On a bi-monthly basis we each prepared payroll to the tune of 126 individuals in an average month. I have verified hours with supervisors; collected and charted vacation, sick leave and comp time accrual and usage and have entered all pertinent entries in PPS/ORTRS in a timely manner. I processed late pays and adjustments on EDLR's and paper 644D's as needed. I reconciled payroll ledgers on a bi-monthly basis, depending on rotational chart of entry with the other financial team member. Also I processed payroll transfers, both online transactions and long form transactions to be expedited and approved by AFS, Payroll Division.
- Finance Officer at UC Davis
- Contract/DMV Clerk at Napa Chrysler
- Payroll/Personnel Clerk at Barber Dealer Group
- Contract/DMV/Payroll Clerk at Fairfield Toyota
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school - General Studies
General Ledger Posting and Account Analysis, Contracts with Service Providers, Banking and Reconciliation of Accounts, Working with Insurance, State Program, Medicaid, Medicare and Independent Auditors, Accounts Payable Function, Accounts Receivable Supervision & Review, Reports for Finance Officer, Director and Board, Assisted with Budgets, OSHA & Incident Reports, New Employee Orientation & Benefit Administration
- Reports for Finance Officer, Director and Board at Purchasing of Medical & Office Supplies
- Assistant Finance Officer at Rutherford-Polk-McDowell District Health Department
- at Office Staff
- Office Manager and Accountant at Grindstaff's Interiors Inc
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Day to day operations of municipality's finance office
• Monitor and ensure compliance with GASB and GAAP tenants
• Accurate reporting of financial condition and economic factors relative to the City 's financial security
• Composition and execution of City's first Capital Improvement Program
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and applicable State statues relating to Municipal Finance
- Finance Officer at City of Somerset
- City Administrator at City of Von Ormy
- Store Operations Analyst at Academy Sports & Outdoors Corporate Office
- Department Supervisor at Academy Sports & Outdoors
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Pubic Administration - Urban Management
- Bachelors of Arts - Political Science
Volunteer/Intern Manage the unit finance, Ensure that accounting control are adequate, Forward copies of deposit slips and backup deposit information to Wing HQ, Ensure unit receivables are adequately accounted for in a timely manner, Verify expense transactions, Verify income and expense records, ensure that all unit financial forms are completed, accurate and forwarded to Wing HQ, follow all guidelines for financial management as put fort by the CAP Wing Command.
- Finance Officer at Civil Air Patrol- Rockdale County
- Assistant Pre-K Teacher at Kids R Kids Learning Center
- Class Supervisor at Excel Christian Academy
- Administrative Assistant at Edmondson and Associates
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Accounting
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration & Marketing - Business Administration & Marketing
- Associates of Science in Business Management - Business Management
• Design and maintain accounting information systems to produce timely and relevant financial data for internal decision making. Oversee and manage representative payee process, cash flow, purchasing and accounts receivable.
• Manage the overall accounting and finance functions of the organization by establishing and ensuring compliance of accounting policies and procedures related to revenues, cash flow, expenses, accounts payable, financial reporting, payroll as well as related operational procedures.
• Work closely with the executive director, development officer and the board of directors to provide analysis for donor and grant revenue and recommend actions to maximize potential revenue and reduce risk and exposure.
• Oversee annual independent audit and other financial reviews to ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with federal, state and local laws as well as accounting standards.
• Oversee generating of annual Uniform Financial reports and tax filings. Create, coordinate and participate in the development and monitoring of all budgets and for proposals, service contracts and amendments for funding agencies.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial reports and financial analysis in various formats for executive director, staff and board of directors.
• Performs financial analysis, work collaboratively with staff to develop budgets and create projections to aid in programmatic and financial decision making.
• Lead regular financial and productivity review with program leadership and be able to relate financial measures with programmatic impact.
• Manage purchasing, vendor and banking relationships.
• Provide leadership, direction support and training to staff. Represent organization, as assigned, to financial partners, including financial institutions, auditors, public officials, donors and foundations.
• Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the Leadership team.
• Maintain a financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
• Solid organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to function at a high level as a team member and independently prioritize workload
• Specific experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, compliance and reporting, including: Year-end preparation, Third party billing, accounts receivable management; billing software experience.
• Collaborate in all program development.
• Post, create and design marketing materials for social media, newsletters, tri-fold brochures, business cards, postcards, annual holiday cards etc.
• Maintain and create correspondence to all donors for any donations received.
• Assist in providing any and all information needed in order to secure grant funding.
• Maintain all operational procedures, new hire paperwork and payroll for 35+ seasonal employees.
• Oversee all accounts payable and receivables, budgets and credit card reconciliations.
• Record and deposit all monies received into foundation bank accounts including checking, savings and brokerage accounts.
• Organize, coordinate, participate and supervise volunteers in program events and fundraisers throughout the year.
• Assist in all board development.
- Operations and Finance Officer at Journey Out
- President of my own bookkeeping and office organizing business at PRO Bookkeeping & Office Organizing
- Executive Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper/Office Manager at C5 Youth Foundation of Southern California
- Bookkeeper at P.A.C. Properties
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Management and Marketing