Financial Aid Advisor walk students through financial aid applications, setup student account with credit hours helped student complete documents. I also worked with campusvue to help schedule classes keep track of student payment accounts ledger cards, reimbursements, and award schedules.
- Financial Aid Advisor at Ecotech
- Financial Advisor at Everest College
- Security Guard at Night Hawk Security
- Retail Store Assistant Manager at Night Hawk Security
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Psychology
257 Martindale Center, University, MS 38677
➢ Temporary Senior Financial Aid Advisor from August 2016 - November 2017
➢ Manage different databases and reports to resolve eligibility and funding issues
➢ Review Master Promissory Note Report to resolve issues
➢ Certify Private Loan applications for lenders
➢ Award students financial aid according to federal guidelines and review aid packages for accuracy
➢ Contact students/parents concerning past due balances and review possible options
➢ Chair job searches for and training of financial aid advisors
➢ Supervise a team of three officers, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution, and achieving peak productivity and performance
- Senior Financial Aid Advisor at University of Mississippi
- Income Tax Preparer at H & R Block
- Financial Aid Advisor at University of Mississippi
- Income Tax Preparer/Receptionist at Lacey's Income Tax
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Student Personnel/Higher Education
- Bachelor's - Business Administration/Accounting
* Helped advise students with financial aid questions and concerns * Worked on student verification for financial aid, cleared students and mailed out requirements that needed to be completed. * Did the daily mail out for students for financial aid and verification. * Used Banner 9 to help advise and guide students on what financial aid they had, and to help clear up billing and money questions. Additional Skills * Experience in using Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) * Knowledge of HR procedures including: LOA, FMLA, terminations, associate job changes * Experience using phone systems in a work environment, as well as multitasking * KRONOS time clock system experience * Two years of grocery Management experience, and 4 years of HR and administration experience
- Financial aid advisor at SIU Financial Aid Office
- Assistant Store Manager at Gamestop
- Associate Resource Manager at Kroger
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in History - History
• Interprets changes to federal, state, and institutional regulations in Financial Aid and translates the effect/impact to students and parents in a manner they can understand, particularly to first generation students
• Analyzes and authorizes changes to the need analysis calculation; exercises professional judgement to determine if an adjustment to data affecting aid eligibility is required
• Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of all aspects of the Financial Aid process, financial literacy, eligibility issues, and possible exceptions for extenuating circumstances
• Provides individualized counseling services in person and by phone to students, prospective students, and parents; presents Financial Aid workshops for students, staff, parents and the community at large; other duties as assigned.
- Financial Aid Advisor at University Scholarships and Financial Aid Services
- Financial Aid Assistant at University Scholarships and Financial Aid Services
- Program Associate at Inclusion and Multicultural Services
- Peer Mentor at TRIO
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology
20 Hrs/Week Tasks include the following: Assist perspective students, current students, and parents regarding the financial aid process, completion of financial aid applications, and direct as needed to other available programs or offices, review procedures, and eligibility requirements. Collect related documentation and forms with the use of hard and soft office skills. Ability to communicate in person and over the phone of tasks stated above.
Tasks include the following: Assist perspective students, current students, and parents regarding the financial aid process, completion of financial aid applications, and direct as needed to other available programs or offices, review procedures, and eligibility requirements. Collect related documentation and forms with the use of hard and soft office skills. Ability to communicate in person and over the phone of tasks stated above.
- Financial Aid Advisor at Humboldt State University - Financial Aid Office
- Sales Associate at Journeys
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
- Associate - Business Marketing
- High School Diploma
Serves as Volunteer Financial Aid Advisor answering questions from potential students regarding admissions and financial aid.
- Volunteer Financial Aid Advisor (Remote) at CareerVillage.Org
- Counselor Trainee at Community Assessment & Treatment Center
- Student Success Specialist at Cuyahoga Community College
- Financial Aid Advisor at Cuyahoga Community College
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
• Data Entry - Perform lead qualification by calling prospective students nationwide and confirming the correct contact information then transfer them to Admissions staff and several client schools. (Duties continued after promotion).
➢ Promoted to Financial Aid Advisor after 7 months of exemplary service.
• Provide liaison assistance for several client colleges and universities.
• Access Banner/Banner 9 to assess student inquiries and execute resolutions in a timely manner.
• Assist students with the completion of Verification requirements and loan requirements to ensure disbursements of aid.
• Reinforce policies such as SAP and late payment penalties by explaining them in detail.
• Guide prospective students and parents through the enrollment process by explaining federal financial aid policies.
• Escalate to Financial Aid Counselors and Finance Office staff to inform of conflicting data on students' accounts that create holds and prevent progress.
• Using 10 Key calculations, run financial analyses on students account summaries to ensure charges and payments balance correctly within a queried term.
• Estimate financial aid refunds and refund processing times and determine disbursement occurrences within a term.
• Assist students with online payments and enrollment in installment plans through their online student portal. Advise how to make payments in person in their respective Finance Office.
• Identify callers needs and direct them to the appropriate department within the Office of Finance be it Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cashiering or Accounts Receivable.
• Using general knowledge of college campuses and how they are run, direct students to the appropriate department within their respective college or university based on their inquiries.
• Perform help desk assistance to reset passwords so that students may access their account and provide troubleshooting assistance for issues encountered on Blackboard.
• Perform outbound calls in assistance to the Admissions/Enrollment department to ensure new students are aware of or are currently working towards completing requirements needed for enrollment
• Mentor newly appointed Financial Aid Advisors by providing one-on-one training in their selected school
• Remain current with all Federal and State Financial Aid guidelines that are implemented and updated from one aid year to the next
• Outbound/Inbound calls - Over 300+ inbound calls and over 100+ inbound calls handled per day
• Perform duties by remote from home outside of business hours and on weekends.
- Financial Aid Advisor at Collegiate Admission and Retention Solutions
- Library Student Assistant at Lister Hill Library
- Telephone Service Operator at UAB Phonathon
9 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS in Government - Pre-Law
- BA in Sociology - Sociology
Provide administrative and financial support for local community college; received/reviewed/award documents for Federal Pell Grant, Federal Work-Study, scholarships, PACT, WIOA, and Veterans Affairs; assist students with general questions pertaining to financial aid; assist as needed with typing, filling, and other functions for total effectiveness; open, sort, and distribute mail to staff; and other duties assigned as it relates to Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid Advisor/VA Coordinator at Bishop State-Financial Aid Dept
- Team Lead(Supervisor) at RYLA Teleservices
- Store Manager at Emergi-Cash
- Parking Control Officer at City of Monterey
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Executive Leadership - Executive Leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management - Business Management
- Associate Degree in General Studies - General Studies
- High School Diploma
Completed a two week training course and performed duties as trained
• Communicated with online students and their parents to disseminate financial aid information, answer questions, or to address their concerns
- Financial Aid Advisor at Global Financial Aid Services
- Foster Care Case Manager Associate at Department of Family and Children Services
- Customer Service Representative at SITEL
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's of Art - Sociology
• Provide support and guidance to students for financial aid opportunities, including but not limited to federal grants, loans, work study, and state, institutional and private scholarships.
• Follow federal and state regulations and NMSU policies and procedures in the review and analysis of financial aid applications.
• Acts as an advisor to students, potential students and families, enforces regulations and policies, serves on appeal committee, creates academic plans for students.
• Exercise professional judgement in adjusting a student's application to accommodate documented, qualifying special circumstances.
• Maintains proactive contact with students and creates solutions to potential setbacks that may affect student retention and works collaboratively with other departments to address and/or resolve issues.
- Financial Aid Advisor at New Mexico State University
- Library Assistant at Canutillo Independent School District
- Assistant Manager at Coach Inc
8 months at this Job
- Associate of Science in Biological Sciences - Biological Sciences
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology - Kinesiology
- Associate of Arts - General Studies