As a financial aid assistant my main responsibilities included counseling students and parents on the various financial aid programs, assisting with the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs evaluating Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs, and collecting data and keeping accurate records.
- Financial Aid Assistant at Butte College
- Owner and Operator at Filthy Kicks
- Bank Teller at Tri Counties Bank
- Front Desk Agent and Shift Supervisor at Retro Fitness
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
· Compile statistical data and generate reports using Excel/SQL to provide performance insight. · Utilize data visualization tools to create clear and concise representations of data. · Implement Oracle database controls for the maintenance of student financial aid records. · Communicate with students to provide guidance and support regarding financial aid eligibility and financial aid application procedures. · Aid in the maintenance of the office digital filing system and assist with the retention of confidential legal documents. · Review and resolve issues concerning OnBase integration for Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise.
- Financial Aid Assistant at Center for Student Financial Aid- California State University
- Intern/Trainee at Pacific BMW
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Economics
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration: Option in Economics/Statistics
• Utilized Microsoft Excel to create and edit student projected data reports for the Department of Education with calculation accuracy.
• Participated in student orientation meetings on how to contact different loan servicers for loan status and how to put loans into in school deferment status.
• Handled sensitive information for new students including assistant students in applying for FAFSA aid and assist director of financial aid in contacting students regarding their financial aid award letters.
• Conducted administrative functions including; filing, responding and constructing emails, and assisting the head of financial aid in various duties assigned.
• Calculate funding for Plan of study student with accuracy.
• Handle incoming and outgoing calls to students regarding attaining signatures for financial aid award letters.
• Utilize Microsoft office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, and outlook to communicate calculations to Financial Aid director.
• Maintain Professionalism at all times.
• Report any Financial Data Calculation discrepancies to the Financial Aid Director directly.
- FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT at FEDERAL WORK STUDY
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT at NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH ASSOCIATION
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at VERIZON WIRELESS
- FORMER FOUNDER OF KEY MEDICAL GROUP at BARBARA AMSLER M.D. INTERNAL MEDICINE
8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Clinical
- Certificate of Completion - Business Technology
Office/HR Assistant at HLPUSD. Helping students and staff with necessary paperwork to become enrolled in school and also help teach them how to apply for Financial Aid to receive grants for school. Also Create new files and inputting them into the EXCEL spreadsheets to eliminate filing. Also Helping with guidance, attendance, front office and financial aid. Also enter daily data of Student information into the Aries Software System (student attendance, emergency contact information and medical records). Also answering phone calls and helping parents with concerns about their student and/or transferring them to the proper department depending on their request. Skills Used Problem Solving, data entry, bulk mail preparation, automated billing, appointment scheduling, file and records control, spreadsheets, support to executive staff, timecard tracking, Phone and Email message taking
- Office/Financial aid assistant at Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
- Inside Sales - Lead Generator at Syneron-Candela
- Account Manager at Wine Country Gift Baskets
- Administrative Assistant at Accredited Nursing
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- HS Diploma
- Bachelor's - Business
Scan and file paperwork, answer phones, assist students with financial aid information.
- Financial Aid Assistant at Carson-Newman University
- Sales Associate at The Hot Southern Mess Boutique
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Sophomore in Interior Design Program
- Some college
§ Assist student with Financial Aid questions and intake documents § Scan and link financial aid documents to student’s identification number for future file review § Evaluate and compare financial aid application with verification documents submitted by the student; determine if documentation is accurate and substantial for file processing prior to advisor review § Request supporting documentation required to determine financial need § Provided technical assistance in support of financial aid programs and services § Performed a variety of clerical duties in support if assigned functions § Established and maintained a variety of files and records; maintained confidentiality of information and record § Provided training and work direction to hourly and student workers as assigned Read, interpreted, applied and explained a variety of rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to student financial aid programs
- Financial Aid Assistant at Grossmont College Financial Aid Office
- Lead Ambassador at Grossmont College Admissions & Records Office
- Internship at Primary Public Defender
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science
Assisting the Director of Financial Aid with various duties such filing, scanning documents, data entry
- Financial Aid Assistant at City College
- Aftercare Assistant at Sunshine Aftercare
- Front End Cashier at Publix
- Administrative Assistant at KDMS Services
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Science in Allied Health Medical Office Administration - track
- Diploma - leadership which offers mentoring and tutoring
• Assists University students with their financial aid inquiries
• Performs Cost of Attendance (COA) adjustments for currently enrolled students so that their financial aid package falls within out Cost of Attendance
• Assists with intake and processing of Federal Verification Documents for students who have had their FAFSA selected for verification by the Department of Education
- FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT at UNIVERSITY OF IOWA OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
- SUMMER DAY CAMP LEADER at SCOTT COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
- COMMUNICATIONS AIDE at CITY OF IOWA CITY
7 months at this Job
• Interpret and apply pertinent college, federal and state policies, procedures, rules and regulations of student financial assistance program
• Research and compile student information
• Calculate and prepare accurate reports and worksheets
• Assist with planning, developing and administering of the admission process/all financial aid funds (including federal, state, institutional grants)
• Answer a multi-line phone system with inquires from students, parents, faculty/staff in other school districts.
• Daily interactions and meetings with students and parents to discuss financial aid issues and concerns
- Financial Aid Assistant II at College of The Albemarle
- Loan Operations Manager at Xenith Bank
- Senior Loan Operations Specialist at Xenith Bank
- Loan Operations Specialist at Xenith Bank
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Banking and Finance
- High School Diploma
Serve students with outstanding customer service and help them with the completion of their FAFSA application. Guide students to submit their documents to the third-party website for verification of their income, parent's income, marital status, and identity. Educate students with aid eligibility and loan requirements. Audit student's tax return transcripts to compare with FAFSA information. Serve financial aid advisers and manager with other clerical tasks. Assist around 150 students Monday thru Friday during the first two weeks of each semester.
- Financial Aid Assistant at NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Administrative Assistant at International Student Office
- FEMA'S CONTRACTOR at Texas and the Virgin Islands
- Security Specialist at U.S ARMY
7 months at this Job
- A.S - Business Administration and Management