Oklahoma City, OK 2/2018 to Present My current duties include but are not limited to, sharing the responsibility of processing financial aid applications relative to federal, state, private, and institutional assistance. I am directly responsible for the professional review of federal application to ensure accuracy of the applications and to determine the eligibility for federal, state aid programs. Utilizing the experience, I have obtained through my ten years of professional development. I am expected to meet with and counsel students, parents, and perspective students on the relative cost of attendance, estimated financial aid awards, the expected satisfactory academic progress, and any other situations that may arise while the students are pursuing their academic career, as it pertains to federal and state aid. Financial Aid Counselor I St. Gregory's University Shawnee, OK
- Financial Aid Counselor I St. Gregory's University Shawnee, OK at Financial Aid Counselor Oklahoma State University
- Enrollment Services, Student Accounts and Registrar at Department of Education
- Primary Care Giver at
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid at Financial Aid Specialist Seminole State College
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Education
As Financial Aid Counselor, I have experience with helping students complete their FAFSA, preparing payment plans or award letters, understanding their loans and grants, completing repacked, reconciling accounts, and entrance and exit counseling. I have also been a certifying official for 20 years.
- Financial Aid Counselor at ITT Technical Institute
- Director of Finance at ITT Technical Institute
- Financial Aid Administrator at ITT Technical Institute
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school
Financial Aid Counselor, and Federal Work-study Coordinator -Manages the Federal work study program. -During registration, clear students’ accounts -Reviews and process aid for case load -Sends report to Student Accounts for merit scholarships to be posted -Process SAP Appeals report for the department -Packages students based on financial needs -Processes verification for their case load -Scans and attaches refund documentation to the student’s account into the system. -Assists during registration. -Process scholarship: Maintain scholarship records. Create, send, and respond to correspondence relating to scholarships, including award letters and non-award letters.
- Financial Aid Counselor at Vaughn College
- Volunteer at Shree Maha Kali Temple Inc
- Assistant Financial Aid Counselor at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
- Assistant to Financial Aid at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics
The Financial Aid Counselor is primarily responsible for awarding, counseling and verifying students through financial aid process. This position is also responsible working with the Deans from different colleges to administer their departmental scholarship awards and will be assigned to one or two schools as their primary focus.
- Financial Aid Counselor at OKLAHOMA CITY UNIVERSITY
- Director of Institutional Effectiveness at SOUTHWESTERN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
- Director of Enrollment Management at Leads the University
- Admissions Advisor at
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - MBA
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Studies
- Associate in Arts
John Jay College of Criminal Justice,
Department of Financial Aid
• Provide counseling to prospective and continuing students in financial aid availability, procedures, and application processes.
• Coordinate financial aid awards for traditional undergraduate and graduate students including: accumulate and update student files, review incomplete documents, missing information communications, resolve conflicting information, and perform verification of FAFSA applications as required by the Department of Education.
• Provide support services by covering phone, greeting visitors and students, and maintaining designated office hours.
• Assist with the Federal Direct Loan Program and Private Loan Program to ensure that each borrower meets all regulatory qualifying criteria, all necessary loan documents have been obtained, and all loans are properly originated.
- Financial Aid Counselor at Department of Financial Aid
- Office Assistant/ College Assistant at Department of Financial Aid
- Member of Alpha Phi Sigma at Department of Financial Aid
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
- Master of Arts - Investigative Techniques
Provides an in-depth knowledge of financial aid options for students such as federal loans and grants Counsels students and parents on financial aid options and their current financial aid situation as well as what actions need to be taken to obtain aid Coordinates and communicates with billing and receivables department daily
- Financial Aid Counselor at Auburn University- Student Financial Services
- Sales Associate at The Mint Julep Boutique
- Upscale Women's Boutique- Sales Associate at Deja Vu
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
Manage a portfolio of special programs: UT in LA, LBJ in DC, Archer, Option III, DC-TAG,
TEACH Grant, McCombs Summer Institute, UT in NY, and FLAS Fellowship
• Collaborate with academic staff on special programs to foster transparency and ensure efficacy across campus
• Write and help create a variety of policies, procedures, presentations, training materials, and FAQs for use by OFA and UT academic/departmental staff
• Give presentations on general financial aid information and special programs to students, parents, and UT staff
• Complete verification of files to ensure accuracy of FAFSA information; review tax returns, tax transcripts, account transcripts and 1040Xs
• Stay current on federal, state, and institutional regulations
• Helped develop a system to measure work capacity to allow accurate expectation management among staff members
• Participate in outreach events to communicate financial aid processes to students and parents
- Financial Aid Counselor II, Special Programs at Office of Financial Aid, UT Austin
- at Office of Financial Aid, UT Austin
- Financial Aid Counselor II, Athletics and Processing at Office of Financial Aid, UT Austin
- Student Associate, Athletics at Academic Progress Appeals
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - International Relations and Global Studies and French
- - French Language and Culture
• Resolve escalated student and parent issues.
• Process various financial aid requests.
• Answer financial aid questions from students and help center.
- Financial Aid Counselor at Arizona State University
- Delivery Associate at First Delivery
- Director of Financial Aid at ITT Technical Institute
- Answer Continuing Student Inquiries at Intake and Continuing Financial Aid Specialists
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Ensures student and parent awareness of the various financial aid sources Present during counseling sessions by providing information to them and answering
their questions regarding their financial aid packages.
• Assists students in the application process for financial aid by helping them to complete the appropriate and required forms; by advising them of their rights and responsibilities concerning financial aid.
• Develops students' money management skills by assisting student with financial planning.
• Interpret, implement, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal and State guidelines governing financial aid programs.
- Sr. Financial Aid Counselor at University of Rochester
- Financial Counselor at Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Rochester
- Collections Specialist at University of Rochester
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
• Processed and awarded undergraduate students' financial aid package
• Educated families about scholarships, grants, and loans
• Presented financial aid overview and FAFSA information to local communities
- Financial Aid Counselor at Calvin College
- Social Work Intern at Louis Stokes VA Medical Center
- Social Work Director at Student Run Health Clinic
- Case Management Intern at Laura's Home
10 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Social Administration - Direct Practice
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and Women's Studies