• Support compliance of federal financial aid regulations and procedures by verifying individual tax returns and applicable tax forms from students and families to complete the federal verification and quality assurance process
• Assist students and families on filing FAFSA and TAP applications by reviewing documents for accuracy
• Evaluate student financial aid applications to ensure optimal use of funds based on federal and state guidelines
• Coordinate with the TAP and APTS Coordinators (HESC - NYS Aid Programs) to determine the financial aid needs and packages for prospective and current students
• Learn degree program requirements for TAP to ensure proper counseling to prospective students and families
• Provide exceptional customer service and financial aid counseling to prospective students and families by evaluating aid eligibility and addressing concerns
• Provide support services to students with TAP applications with the use of DegreeWorks and FACTs
- Financial Aid Counselor at Queens College Financial Aid
- Bank Teller at JPMorgan Chase
- Sale consultant at Paragon Honda
- College Assistant at Queens College Office of the Registrar
5 months at this Job
- BA - Sociology
Augie1Gen Program Assistant ' Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness. ' Provides general information via e-mail, phone, and personal contact ' Analyzes student files to make an independent determination for financial aid and then reviews, award, verifies and processes financial aid paperwork. ' Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine aid eligibility and makes awards within federal, state and/or institutional guidelines. ' Independently conducts analysis on students who have had their FAFSA selected for verification, determine and request additional documentation as needed. ' Submits corrections to the Department of Education, evaluates eligibility and changes awards if necessary. ' Answers questions, inquiries or requests from students or parents in person, by phone or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility ' Assists in the preparation and presentation of information regarding federal financial aid, scholarships, employment and grants for various campus groups, high school students and parents at meetings, group discussions, workshops and recruitment sessions ' Analyzes various system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation. ' Interfaces with students, employers, donors, and/or staff to resolve issues ' Assists with other financial aid activities such as outreach, reporting and monitoring ' Conducts on campus admissions interviews during peak visit times ' Serves as admissions liaison with the Office of Financial Aid for on campus admissions events [email protected] 724 25th Avenue 309.255.9586 Roseville, IL 61473 http://linkedin.com/in/allison-staley-2a557744 E
- Financial Aid Counselor at Financial Aid Blog
- Volunteer at Department of Psychology Clinic
- Financial Aid Officer I at The University of Texas at Austin
- Call Center Operator at Great River Entertainment
10 months at this Job
Rachael H. Smith
2023 NE 17th Avenue, Cape Coral, Florida 33909
• Home: 2393214289
• Cell: 2393214289
• [email protected] Customer-focused Financial Aid Counselor successful in client relationships and account management. Quality-oriented and proactive in resolving issues with exceptional organizational and communication skills. Budgeting and finance Strategic planning Vendor sourcing and negotiations Customer relations Multi-operations management Project controls Personnel management Inventory control Customer-oriented Financial Aid Counselor, Currently on TEAM AON Florida Cancer Specialists - Fort Myers, Florida Achieved takeover of all duties associated with Surplus Drug Team by doing complete breakdown/rebuild of the Surplus drug inventory. Handling of Surplus ended 9/1/2018 when I became a member of the AON team. Implemented standard operating procedure for shipping/receiving Surplus Chemotherapy drugs. It became necessary to have a basic process in place for the handling of the drugs, as I am solely responsible for them. There needed to be a format set in place with which the offices/myself were to follow to ensure the safe delivery/shipment of them. Responsible for shipping/receiving Surplus Chemotherapy drugs. I have been on the Surplus Chemotherapy Drug team for the last 4 years, being the lead on the team for the last year. It is my responsibility for the shipment/receipt of chemotherapy drugs within all of the FCS clinics (we have over 90 clinics). It is my job to stock the nucleus which houses the drugs, and to perform a monthly manual inventory of expired drugs. During the manual inventory the expired drug is pulled and shipped to our main office, the amount expired can range from 10 vials to 75 vials at a time. At any given time I am responsible for to $100,000 worth of chemotherapy drugs. I am in constant contact with the clinics regarding any surplus drug requests, and work with my Manager to conclude if patient qualifies to receive requested drug (s). Financial Aid Counselor-Responsible for finding financial assistance for patients from various foundations. Obtain grants, set accounts to reflect the grant, and manage all billing related to my delegated offices/accounts. We have grants that start at $500 and many exceed $50,000. Handle all email correspondence with clinic financial counselors, advising them as to which grant would be in the best interest of the patients needs. Maintain foundation accounts in open communication with the foundations daily, making sure they are open and in good standing for the patient. On a daily basis I will interact from between 5 to 20 counselors, depending on the needs of the patient. When doing the patient billing I will work roughly 50 accounts daily to ensure they are billed out and the grants are in good standing. Cultivated trust between the clinic financial counselor and myself. I personally handle 11 offices in a one-on-one communication, available to handle their requests and needs. Earned exceptional praise from the clinic financial counselors, as well as patients. As of 9/1/2018 I became the Financial Aid Counselor for the AON team. I handle all of the above responsibilities, with exception to the Surplus aspect. In addition I now also post all of the foundation payments to the patient accounts. I also handle the setting up of the different drug portals used to assist patients, and still assist with the billing portion. Currently we have 5 states with offices we have merged, and as Financial Aid I am responsible for all/any requests made to me by the offices regarding assistance. Account Specialist/Medical Biller, First Care Medical Centers, PA-Medical Biller Team Lead - Fort Myers, FL Monitored payments due from clients and promptly contacted clients with past due payments. Successfully forged healthy client/patient relationships to ensure the health of an account. Posted receipts from patients and insurances to appropriate accounts. Balanced all numbers to aid in daily closures. Coded charts each day into the in-house accounting software to ensure accurate billing to insurances. As a medical biller, I also handled posting payments from both insurance companies and patients. These payments ranged from $50 to $100,000 at any given time. Once posted, all accounts had to balance before end of day. Customer Service Manager,
- Financial Aid Counselor at Florida Cancer Specialists
at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Lead Financial Aid Counselor of all HVAC, AUTO, CSNT, BPT and MPP programs (cohort population of 150+)
• Participated in 2019 Federal Annual Audit at top company ratings
• Most effective in retention counseling in payment plans/billing and adjustments
• Increased population in each program based utilizing prior experience and Bilingual skills with all Financial Aid requirements Responsibilities:
• Counsel prospective and current students/families about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning.
• Review and monitor cohort of student financial aid applications and determine eligibility based on institutional, federal and state regulations, using judgment and problem solving skills.
• Gather required documents for clearance review through our third-party servicor, Boston Educational Network (BEN) while maintaining compliant with all Federal and State Regulatory
• Modifies financial aid packages based on changes in budget adjustments, additional aid, etc. and communicate changes in eligibility to students/families.
• Provide a financial aid overview to all prospective students and their families of available funding sources and the institution's financial options while encouraging responsible debt management.
• Bring the experience required to assist students through outside scholarship applications, as needed
• Conduct monitory research for outside scholarships relative to students' demographics and area of study
• Interact with students and parents under difficult situations and capable of explaining complex and confusing regulations to students and parents.
• Represent the department at special events such as Open House
• Follow-up on: incomplete loan applications, missing loan applications and renewal applications, missing in-school financial aid forms and other incomplete paperwork on new starts and returning students.
- Sr. Financial Aid Counselor at MTTI
- Sr. Financial Aid Planning Counselor at Bay State College
- Sr. Financial Aid Coordinator II at ITT Technical Institute
- Administrative Assistant to Executive V.P./ Business development assistant/ Project Manager at Focus EduVation
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree - Business Management
- Associates Degree in Occupational Studies - Paralegal Studies
Financial Aid Counselor, and Federal Work-study Coordinator -Manages the Federal work study program. -During registration, clear students’ accounts -Reviews and process aid for case load -Sends report to Student Accounts for merit scholarships to be posted -Process SAP Appeals report for the department with supervisor -Packages students based on financial needs -Processes verification for their case load -Scans and attaches refund documentation to the student’s account into the system. -Assists during registration. -Process scholarship: Maintain scholarship records. Create, send, and respond to correspondence relating to scholarships, including award letters and non-award letters.
Financial Aid Counselor, and Federal Work-study Coordinator
-Manages the Federal work study program.
-During registration, clear students’ accounts
-Reviews and process aid for case load
-Sends report to Student Accounts for merit scholarships to be posted
-Process SAP Appeals report for the department with supervisor
-Packages students based on financial needs
-Processes verification for their case load
-Scans and attaches refund documentation to the student’s account into the system.
-Assists during registration.
-Process scholarship: Maintain scholarship records. Create, send, and respond to correspondence relating to scholarships, including award letters and non-award letters.
- Financial Aid Counselor at Vaughn College
- Volunteer at Shree Maha Kali Temple Inc
- Assistant Financial Aid Counselor at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
- Assistant to Financial Aid at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics
• Analyze student accounts and family situations to understand financial needs
• Advise and assist students and parents in making financial decisions regarding paying for their education
• Coordinates and communicates with the billing and scholarship departments
- Financial Aid Counselor at AU Financial Aid Department
- Administrative Assistant at Civil Engineering Department
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science - Pre-Med
Counseling students on the Financial Aid award package and advising on what loans and outside scholarships are available, working closely with student and parents to outline a plan to cover expenses. Processing all student loans and Pell grants. Working as a Default Manger in the office to counselor students on how not to go into default, also working all skip trace on students. Reaching out to students to give a loan package at the end of the school year. While at the University I have attended 3 NASFA conferences and training programs.
- Financial Aid Counselor at Virginia University of Lynchburg
- Pathology Consultants Office Lab Clerk at
- Insurance Agent Processed applications, payments, corrections at Gantt Insurance
- A highly efficient customer service and collections agent at Nationwide Insurance
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Business,Billing and Coding
- CVCC - Business
- CNA - Medical
• Administered counseling to students with difficult situations and advised student's on how they will meet their college funding needs.
• Maintained student files with incoming requests for financial aid and changes to student accounts (through Oracle SCT Banner System). Also certified Alternative loan applications for students who sought more funding after Title IV funds were expired.
• Update and maintaine corrections on the Financial Aid Administrators Central Processing System as well as on loan operating systems such as Opennet.
• Community outreach coordinator that conducts detailed workshops and presentations about federal financial aid large groups of potential students and outreach partners.
• Helping to create a peer counselor program in the Financial Aid Office.
• Creating a retention program that caters to all students, but has an emphasis on first generation students.
• Western Undergraduate Exchange financial aid coordinator.
• Study Abroad financial aid coordinator
- Financial Aid Counselor at Portland State University
- International Management financial aid coordinator at Oregon State University
16 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Communications - Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Ethnic Studies - Asian-American and African-American issues
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Conducts needs analysis in compliance with federal criteria to determine the relative eligibility of each financial aid applicant.
• Conducts verification of student and parent application data in compliance with federal criteria.
• Determines the types and amounts of financial aid to be awarded through the packaging process according to federal, state and institutional requirements. Monitors individual student awards, resolving all data conflicts.
• Provides support to students experiencing family, personal or economic crises which may impact school performance. Specific focus on working with special needs populations to identify unique needs and coordinate appropriate services.
• Monitors and evaluates satisfactory academic progress of students. Assists Financial Aid Coordinator with adjudication of student appeals relating to academic progress.
• Interacts with appropriate outside entities in order to facilitate the student eligibility process.
• Participates in the development of institutional financial aid policies and procedures that will positively impact efficiency and quality of service provided.
• Maintains appropriate documentation via data entry system.
- Financial Aid Counselor at University of Louisiana at Monroe's Financial Aid Office
- Assistant Manager at
- Student Worker at University of Louisiana at Monroe's Financial Aid Office
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Risk Management & Insurance - Risk Management & Insurance
7th & 8th grade Social Studies
Franklin County Public Schools - Occupational Course of Study
• Teach Study Skills, Inclusion High School, OCS Program, manage caseloads
• Work collaboratively with primary teacher, parents and students in formulating the development of IEP (Individual Educational Plans) for students with various special needs.
• PBIS, School Improvement, PLT's, Professional and Staff Development Qualified Professional (QP) Oxford NC Dominion Healthcare Services
• Provided detailed written documentation of services implemented for each client
• Provided clinical assessments, crisis intervention; treatment planning and individual counseling
• Employ active knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations concerning services to individuals with mentally challenged/developmental disabilities
• Notated documentation for client services in assigned locations Financial Aid Counselor - Shaw University, Raleigh NC
• Effectively utilized knowledge of federal, state, and institutional aid regulations.
• Counsel and advised over 1200+ full and part-time students on financial aid eligibility.
• Maintain current knowledge of Federal Title IV regulations pertaining to financial aid
• Collaborate with student affairs, admissions, business office.
- Financial Aid Counselor at Cedar Creek Middle - Franklin County Public Schools
- at Wake County Public Schools
1 year at this Job
- MS - Human Services/counseling studies
- BA - Psychology