Direct and monitor operations of the Financial Aid Department to ensure established processes are implemented and followed. Timely processing of student financial aid.
➢ Ensured Financial Aid Department is in compliance with all federal, state, accreditation, and corporate guidelines/regulations.
➢ Remain current on Federal, State, Accreditation, and Corporate Regulations/Guidelines as it relates to student finance processing.
➢ Developed and establish a motivation environment through team building to provide the highest level of services to all customers, both internal and external.
➢ Reconciled various financial aid programs to include Title IV Funds, state grant funds, alternative loans, and corporate programs.
➢ Over seed the processing and/or certification of new and continuing student loans and grant applications and the accurate completion of verification and documentation of independent status.
➢ Viewed and maintain copies of students HS transcripts, responsible for collecting and recording students FERPA guidelines. Advised students on classes, and maintain student records
➢ Processed professional judgments, dependency overrides, return of title IV calculations, satisfactory academic progress, and various reports required by federal and state agencies.
➢ Reviewed student accounts for inactive students and calculate and complete withdrawals for R2T4, made daily deposit, and posted payments to student account. Prepared receipts for cash collected. Certifying VA Official
➢ Worked with Chef Program Director on order food supply for school and viewing invoices.
- Recruiter/Financial Aid Director at VATTEROTT EDUCATIONAL CENTER/LECOLE CULINARY
- Other Work Experiences at Business Office
9 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Education
- MS - Business Education
• Recently assigned responsibility of the PHEAA state grant programs for all eligible students
• Appointed as a School Certifying Official for all Veterans Education benefits and currently training on the all processes to be appointed the main certifying official for my campus
• Responsible for correctly processing R2T4 calculations when students drop out of school along with accurately refunding all Title IV funds efficiently
• Process graduates every 6 weeks, including properly reporting their enrollment status and verifying completion of an exit interview
• Approve approximately 50 to 100 current student files every 12 weeks along with approving 20 to 50 new start files every 6 weeks
• Accountable for approving and batching all students Title IV funding daily with the primary goal of efficiently eliminating past due funding
• Accountable for making time card adjustments, verifying time cards bi-monthly, and approving PTO time for all my employees
• Responsible for operations of my department, to include ensuring my employees provide great customer service and perform their duties within federal regulation
• Process professional judgements, C codes, unusual enrollment history codes, selective service overrides, dependency overrides and SAP appeals
• Review all files selected for verification and ensure all required documents are included, as well as corrections are made before funding is approved and batched
• Complete a weekly report of all outstanding T4 monies for the VP of operations and campus president highlighting issues preventing monies from being batched, as well as a time line of when they can expect monies to be batched
• Implement new procedures and training of staff as a result of on-going changes in Federal financial aid regulations as well as corporate changes that arise
• Bi weekly conference calls with the Regional Financial Aid Director to discuss new federal changes along with corporate changes
• Recently appointed to the Executive Committee, attend all scheduled meetings to discuss arising changes and determine ways to improve our school
• Accountable for hiring and the discipline of employees in my department
• Responsible for ensuring my department is following FERPA guidelines on a daily basis
- Financial Aid Director at Fortis Institute
- Assistant Director of Financial Aid at Fortis Institute
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance
Administer and coordinate Federal Student Aid Programs
● Manage and supervise Financial Aid Office Staff
● Ensure all College's Students Financial Aid Policies and Procedures are updated and in compliance with US Department of Education Title IV regulations.
● Ensure all College's Student Financial Aid reports are submitted in timely.
● Responsible to do Financial Aid Office Annual Program Reviews and staff annual evaluation.
● Member of College Curriculum Committee, Enrollment Management Committee, Mid-management Committee, Human Resource Committee, Admission Board Committee, and advisor for student club.
- Financial Aid Director at College of the Marshall Islands
- Financial Aid Counselor at College of the Marshall Islands
- Tax Collector at Republic of the Marshall Islands Government, Ministry of Finance - Division of Taxes
- Packer at Pitts Plastic
14 years at this Job
- - Liberal Arts
- - Business Administration
- High School Diploma
• Maintain Title IV Financial Aid for all students
• Secure Title IV aid for all prospective students
• Request timely disbursements of financial aid, record in ledgers, disburse refunds to students
• Update policies and procedures documents yearly, and submit to Federal Department of Education
• Prepare for, and comply with yearly audits
• Prepare quarterly budgets
• Project and track yearly tuition revenues
• Seek and schedule marketing opportunities
• Attend fundraising, and career fairs
• Schedule and coordinate events for students and staff at academy.
• Handle all student and consumer complaints and concerns.
• Project and Track all service and retail sales of salon.
• Handle enrollments for the Admissions department in their absence.
• Attend career fairs to guide potential students on their path to higher learning.
- Financial Aid Director at Summit Salon Academy
- Mental Health Associate-Admissions at Eastern State Hospital
- Graduate Assistant at Morehead State University
- Student Youth Minister at First Christian Church
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Business - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
• Process student financial aid applications
• Complete verification
• Batch Title IV funds
• Process R2T4 calculations
• Review and analyze Sula
• Provide weekly and monthly cash collection projections to management
• NASFAA and ISFAA member
- Financial Aid Director at Calumet College of St. Joseph
- Director of Financial Aid at Holy Cross College
- Director of Finance at ITT Technical Institute
- Director of Financial Aid at Ancilla College
8 months at this Job
• Maintain a caseload of students which includes: performing needs analysis according to FM, completing verification, requesting additional documentation for conflicting information, completing R2T4 calculations, determining academic progress and other responsibilities related to the financial aid process.
• Conduct workshops on the financial aid process and for students and their families, community groups, and area high schools (may require nights and weekends on occasion).
• Ensure the integrity of data in support of the federal loan programs.
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations to ensure appropriate compliance.
• VA certifying official.
- Financial Aid Director at MediaTech
- Associate Director of Financial Aid at Tulsa Welding School
- Financial Aid Director at Florida Career College
- Financial Aid Director at School of Automotive Machinists
3 months at this Job
- Candidate for Bachelors of Business - Business
Determine eligibility and provide financial assistance to students; assure compliance with all Federal and State regulations as well as college policies related to financial aid programs. Direct entire operations of financial aid staff and ensure services delivered in compliance with required standards. Process student aid applications, perform need analysis when required, electronically submit corrections and package financial aid awards. Act as a focal point SAIG mailbox, oversee FISAP, and IPEDS keyholder. Support website manager in creating engaging content for the website. Research necessary federal regulations for the distribution of information to inquiring persons and to assure compliance on behalf of the district daily. · Certified as Veteran Affairs School and main contact. · Devised and executed effective federal, state, and institutional award regulations and policies, resulting in exception-free financial aid audits and program reviews. · Passed 2017-2018 federal audit with zero finding. · Designed budgeting process federal work study program, which saved collage approximately $47K yearly. · Evaluated, traced, and adopted an effective course of action to correct errors and discrepancies within compliance of federal and state regulations. · Drove financial aid toward achieving targeted enrollment goals, including recruitment and retention through active collaboration with other departments.
- Financial Aid Director at Hiwassee College
- Financial Aid Director at Keiser University
- Financial Aid Director at Dade Medical College
- Lead Active Student Advisor at Universal Technical Institute
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Human Resource Management
• Prepare a work plan and budget for the office, then assign roles and responsibilities for a successful implementation.
• Manage scholarship funds.
• Ensure, through monitoring and evaluation, that the processes to be implemented are in accordance with the policies and regulations established by state and federal laws.
• Generating, receiving and sending files to process payroll for the Financial Aid office personnel
• Receiving the Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) and the reports generated by Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), EDExpress and EDConnect.
- Financial Aid Director at University of Puerto Rico
- Financial Aid Assistant at University of Puerto Rico
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Communications
• Manage and supervises all financial aid processes for awarding student loans and grants.
• Supervise personnel in accordance with college policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; discipline employees or make such recommendations to the appropriate manager; address complaints and resolve problems.
• Lead staff meetings, share information as appropriate, promote the development of ideas for improved service and efficiency, and encourage teamwork.
• Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal laws, regulations and college policies related to financial aid and scholarships.
• Coordinate and manage all financial aid programs, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies and procedures.
• Monitor, approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies and procedures.
• Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and return of Title IV Funds processes.
• Oversee coordination of student loan processing between students, federal government, and the institution.
• Oversee Title IV refunds and repayments, including U.S. Department of Education and National Student Loan Data System notifications.
• Work with Comptroller and Business Office to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information and awards between school information systems. Oversee work reconciliation process.
• Administer appeals process related to SAP and Special Circumstance. Establish appeals committee and appeal guidelines. Train appeals committee and ensure they follow procedural and regulatory requirements. Notify students of appeal outcomes and counsel students on available options.
• Develop, modify, implement and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for audit trial.
• Facilitate coordination and communication between respective college departments as they relate to the Financial Aid Office's role in creating a positive educational experience for students.
• Maintain current knowledge of college financial aid policies, procedures, and programs.
• Attend trainings/conferences as necessary to keep knowledge current.
• Responsible for the Financial Aid audits and program reviews by keeping abreast of an implementing all federal and state laws and regulations that pertain to the programs administered by the Financial Aid Office.
• Maintains college's Financial Aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required federal, state and local reports.
• Contributes to student satisfaction through the delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of the administration of financial aid..
• Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors, or other employees
- Financial Aid Director at Southwest University
- at Southwest University at El Paso
10 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in General Finance - General Finance
- Associates - Business Adminisration
• Oversight of all Financial Aid Office Operations
• Competent in Department of Education software's - EDExpress, VAONCE, NSLDS, FAAccess, IFAP and EdConnect, and Return to Title IV Funds. WSAC portal for WSNG, CBS, Passport, WASFA and some experience in G5 and COD
• Administer federal, state, and institutional aid
• Coordinate and execute all programs pertaining to financial aid and government data collection and reporting
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies and procedures
• Develop new process and create documents with the evolvement and change accordance to the laws to maintain a compliant office
• Certify and monitor all VA students
• Works closely with admissions and student services to ensure success of retention
- Financial Aid Director/Administrative Coordinator at Glen Dow Academy of Hair Design
- AP Assistant at Glen Dow Academy of Hair Design
- Server at John Howie Steak
- Trainer/Server at Fall City Bistro
3 years, 11 months at this Job