• Oversees the schools finances and runs the financial aid programs. Communicates and reports the financial status of the school to the Owner/Director.
• Processes all Pell Grants and verifies, orders, and disburses federal aid funding to the school.
• Certifies loans and maintains contact with loan originators and banks.
• Processes return to Title IV funds and certified checks to the bank.
• Monitors the schools financial aid and prepares for financial aid audits and on-site accreditation visits.
• Inspects and reconciles monthly tuition payments to ensure that all payments are received.
• Inspects all financial records and student files to ensure that they are current and complete.
• Inspects and reports the monthly Graduation/Drop/Probation reports to the Owner/Director.
• Trains and monitors all Financial Aid Assistants.
• Prepares and conducts trainings with staff.
• Reinforces all learning and coaching systems to ensure that Financial Aid Assistants are using them properly.
- Financial Aid Director at Xcell Academy - A Paul Mitchell Partner School
- Manager of Admissions at VIRGINIA COLLEGE ONLINE
- Kitchen Manager, Certified Trainer, Key Employee at CHILI'S BAR & GRILL
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Business
As Financial Aid Director I handle all things with the Department of Education. I help students complete the FAFSA as well as their final enrollment paperwork. I have been certified with the Department of Education to award financial aid to our students. I handle all the financial payments and inquiries with the school.
- Financial Aid Director at River Valley School of Massage
- Receptionist/ Manager at The Mirage Day Spa and Salon
- Preschool Teacher Assistant at Parkway Daycare ABC
- Preschool Teacher at Caughman's Corner Preschool
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Early Childhood Development
- Certificate of Proficiency
Direct and monitor operations of the Financial Aid Department to ensure established processes are implemented and followed. Timely processing of student financial aid.
➢ Ensured Financial Aid Department is in compliance with all federal, state, accreditation, and corporate guidelines/regulations.
➢ Remain current on Federal, State, Accreditation, and Corporate Regulations/Guidelines as it relates to student finance processing.
➢ Developed and establish a motivation environment through team building to provide the highest level of services to all customers, both internal and external.
➢ Reconciled various financial aid programs to include Title IV Funds, state grant funds, alternative loans, and corporate programs.
➢ Over seed the processing and/or certification of new and continuing student loans and grant applications and the accurate completion of verification and documentation of independent status.
➢ Viewed and maintain copies of students HS transcripts, responsible for collecting and recording students FERPA guidelines. Advised students on classes, and maintain student records
➢ Processed professional judgments, dependency overrides, return of title IV calculations, satisfactory academic progress, and various reports required by federal and state agencies.
➢ Reviewed student accounts for inactive students and calculate and complete withdrawals for R2T4, made daily deposit, and posted payments to student account. Prepared receipts for cash collected. Certifying VA Official
➢ Worked with Chef Program Director on order food supply for school and viewing invoices.
- Recruiter/Financial Aid Director at VATTEROTT EDUCATIONAL CENTER/LECOLE CULINARY
- Other Work Experiences at Business Office
9 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Education
- MS - Business Education
Administered all federal aid programs, including Federal Pell Grant, Federal Direct Loans and Federal SEOG. Maintained knowledge of federal compliance regulations of all federal programs. Maintained college eligibility in federal programs with Department of Education by keeping participation agreements up to date and accurate. Reconciled up to $22 million of federal aid each year. Daily processing of Direct Loan originations and disbursements. Daily processing of Pell Grant originations and disbursements. Scheduled academic year priorities and dates of disbursement of federal aid. Processed disbursement of scholarships. Prepared year end reports and data for annual audits. Processed Work Study timesheets, allocation of hours and monitored budgets. Provided customer service and counseling to students and parents on financial aid processes, programs and packages. Presented workshops to parents and students off campus for financial aid awareness. Supervised three employees in the Financial Aid Office.
- Financial Aid Director at Cowley County Community College
29 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Processing all aspects of financial aid for incoming students; working with federal and state grants along with federal and state student loans.
- Financial Aid Director at O'Briens Aveda Institute
- Online/EDP Instructor at Johnson State College
- QuickBooks Instructor at Community College of Vermont
- Controller at Burlington College
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
- A.S - Business Administration
Monitoring and validating for approval various Financial Aid packages from all campuses. Ensuring policies and procedures were being implemented on a day to day basis to ensure my entire financial aid team was in compliance. Overseeing the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and returning Title IV funds were processed. Administered the appeals process related to SAP and other special financial circumstances. Tracking students financial progress and ensuring that they were financially educated in regards to grants, loans and scholarships. Relayed state, department and financial aid updates to ensure compliance was emphasized and practiced from administration and trickled down to the students.
- Financial Aid Director at Hope College of Arts & Sciences
- Financial Aid Director at Azure College
- Financial Aid Officer at Azure College
- at Florida Educational Institute
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - BAS Supervision and Management
- Associates in Financial Management - Financial Management
- Associates in Accounting - Accounting
- Master of Health Service Administration - Present
Manage and oversee the accounting department including month and year-end processes, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets and debt activity for multiple corporations.
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce consolidated financial statements for corporation, subsidiaries and variable interest entities.
• Establish and maintain financial controls and fiscal records.
• Coordinate and complete annual audits.
• Meet financial accounting objectives including Composite Score Standards and 90/10 Compliance as required by the US Department of Education.
• Manage and oversee the financial aid department to administer federal, state and institutional financial aid funds and services.
• Counsel students/parents regarding financial aid eligibility and coordinate financial aid processing between students, federal government and the institution.
• Facilitate collaboration and communication between college departments to create a positive educational experience for students and maximize recruiting and retention.
• Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and college policies related to financial aid.
• Develop, modify, implement and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards.
• Complete federal, state, and institutional reports.
• Perform internal reconciliation and report to reviewing entities, including auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams.
• Oversee the implementation of student/financial aid information system upgrade including coordination and liaison between software vendor and college departments, configuration, data validation, troubleshooting/problem identification, solution development and training.
• Develop, modify and implement process improvements related to student/financial aid information systems for financial aid as well as other college departments.
• Contribute to leadership and decision making as part of corporate management team.
- Controller/Financial Aid Director at LA' JAMES INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
- Assistant Director at NCI SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Finance Manager at DOMESTIC/SEXUAL ASSAULT OUTREACH CENTER
- Computer/Network Sales Specialist at FORT DODGE BUSINESS SYSTEMS
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- BACHELORS OF ARTS - ACCOUNTING & MANAGEMENT MAJORS
- DIPLOMA - COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING
Oversee full-service financial aid processing, including document collection, budgeting, awarding, FAFSA verification, and loan certification for college related programs. Review financial aid eligibility for students and allocate funds to students accordingly. Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures which ensure the successes of all functions of the financial aid awarding process. Coordinate communication with Admissions, Student Services and Advising to ensure they accurate information and contacts to help students make solid financial decisions.
- Financial Aid Director at The Salon Professional Academy
- Assistant Project Manager at VPG Construction
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Environmental/Civil Engineering - UIS
Oversee all facets of the financial aid process including contracts, aid, and scholarships. · Helped 80 students and parents through the financial aid process. · Recognize the financial needs of prospective and enrolled students and strive to help them meet those needs. · Create tuition contracts up to $52,000 for potential students. · Structure payment plans for families to ensure cash flow and revenue targets are met. · Responsible for all escalations, questions and concerns regarding tuition.
- Financial Aid Director at Springfield Commonwealth Academy
- Assistant Athletic Director at Springfield Commonwealth Academy
- Director of Finance and Human Resources at Springfield Commonwealth Academy
- Operations Supervisor at JB Hunt
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Business
• Maintain Title IV Financial Aid for all students
• Secure Title IV aid for all prospective students
• Request timely disbursements of financial aid, record in ledgers, disburse refunds to students
• Update policies and procedures documents yearly, and submit to Federal Department of Education
• Prepare for, and comply with yearly audits
• Prepare quarterly budgets
• Project and track yearly tuition revenues
• Seek and schedule marketing opportunities
• Attend fundraising, and career fairs
• Schedule and coordinate events for students and staff at academy.
• Handle all student and consumer complaints and concerns.
• Project and Track all service and retail sales of salon.
• Handle enrollments for the Admissions department in their absence.
• Attend career fairs to guide potential students on their path to higher learning.
- Financial Aid Director at Summit Salon Academy
- Mental Health Associate-Admissions at Eastern State Hospital
- Graduate Assistant at Morehead State University
- Student Youth Minister at First Christian Church
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Business - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology