As Financial Aid Officer I'm responsible for providing customer service in the Financial Aid Office in a professional and timely manner by being available to assist walk-in traffic and appointments. Assist in the advising of students, potential students and parents concerning financial aid availability and how the process works. Assist with processing financial aid applications, data entry of relevant documents, completion of verification and packaging awards.
• Meeting with future students and assisting with financial aid Needs
• Tracking all documentation until file is complete for first academic year
• Processing all grants information and entering data in student records
• Transmit and receive FAFSA applications
• Coach and advise students on financial aid understanding
• Review financial applications and disclosure statements for completeness and accuracy
• Support and contribute to the financial aid goals of the school according to school standards
- Financial Aid Officer at El Paso Campus at El PASO COMMUNITY COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
- VISTA COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID OFFICER at El PASO COMMUNITY COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
- Part time store manager at Basset place mall at EXPRESS RETAIL STORE FASHION AND DESIGN
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associates of Multidisciplinary - Multidisciplinary
Exhibit consistent and accurate completion of various verifications.
● Monitor and review Financial Aid Officer practices to ensure compliance
● Manage complex financial aid issues and troubleshoot potential problems.
● Manage the electronic processing of federal files, such as origination and disbursement files.
● Package funds and aids for Military population.
- Financial Aid Officer at Kaplan University
- Administrative Assistant II at Mt. Sinai Health System
- Physician's Office Assistant at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Administrative Assistant to Multiple Departments at Health Science Center at Stony Brook University
4 months at this Job
- B.S - Management
As a Financial Aid Officer, I assist incoming and current college students with processing their financial aid by responding to emails, answering phone calls, processing incoming documents, and referring students to the appropriate staff for in- depth assistance. I also hire and manage our office’s work study students. My job provides experience in both administrative work and customer service support, both rely on heavy communication skills with students. In essence, I work with the rules and regulations set up by the Department of Education, and help students maneuver through the financial aid process.
- Financial Aid Officer at Indiana Tech
- Branch Assistant at Allen County Public Library
- Security Officer at Professional Security Consultants
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science in Humanities - History
•Perform a specific processing function(s) associated with the accurate awarding, packaging, validation of eligibility, or disbursement of Title IV financial aid with emphasis on high‐risk and complex processes.
•Consistent and accurate completion of Verification.
•Consistent and accurate C Code resolution.
•Monitor and review Financial Aid Officer practices to ensure compliance of Title IV regulation and Purdue Global policy.
•Manage complex financial aid issues and troubleshoot potential problems.
•Review subsequent ISIR reports and resolve issues.
•Escalate the electronic processing of federal files, such as origination and disbursement files.
•Review Federal grants and loans eligibility
•Review Federal student loans and private student loans eligibility
•Review and update cost of attendance components
•Over award identification and resolution. Agency Billing Specialist/VA School Certifying Official
•Obtain comprehensive information regarding billing and reimbursement criteria from sponsors’ to secure payment for tuition and fees according to established procedures to reduce the risk of non-payment and achieve timely billing and prompt accounts receivable turnover.
•As a Department of Veteran Affairs school Certifying Official (SCO) obtain all necessary paperwork to certify enrollment and changes of enrollment for students eligible for VA Educational benefits, specifically, Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation.
•Extensive knowledge concerning Veteran's Affairs and processing of their Educational Benefits. Process enrollment certifications and terminations via VA-ONCE system
• Act as a liaison with the VA Regional office on behalf of a student with specific benefit-related issues.
•Ensure school compliance with VA regulations. Reporting withdrawals from classes, monitor student grades and academic progress and report correct tuition and fees charges. Military Support, Student Account Representative
• Monitor all assigned student accounts for accuracy in terms of expected payments on past due accounts utilizing various systems.
• Contact students with delinquent payments with prescribed number of contacts via inbound and outbound dialer calls as well as other means in order to achieve predetermined collection goals.
• Bring delinquent accounts current by working out satisfactory payment terms including setting up student payments and obtaining promissory notes.
• Receive and process inquiries from the Office of Returning Students as they relate to open balances for students who have expressed an interest in returning to the University.
• Set up and process automatic and recurring credit card payments and/or deferred billing for employer reimbursement.
- Financial Aid Officer at Kaplan University
- Foreclosure (REO) Claims and Closing Supervisor at Chase Home Finance
- Home Loan Specialist II at USAA Federal Savings Bank
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science
• Audit student files to ensure all documents are included and correct
• Certify and order student loans
• Coordinate with planners and Business Officer on initial file delivery and accuracy
• Administrative tasks such as email, filing, report generation, create spreadsheets
• Verify files on financial aid processing software
- Certified Financial Aid Officer at Center for Excellence in Higher Education, Inc
- Project Manager at Solar Advantage, LLC
- Leasing Professional at Keller Investment Properties
- at Brightstar Wireless Sprint
8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
I Assisted students with financial aid option and tuition costs, to further their education.
- Financial Aid Officer at The Art Institute of Las Vegas
- Admissions Representative at ITT Technical Institute
- Admissions Counselor at Jones International University
- New business development at Wilks Broadcasting
3 months at this Job
- Hospitality Leadership
Developed and implemented new procedures in financial aid office to improve customer service to students, parents, admission staff and other departments of the institution. Counseled Students and parents regarding financial aid eligibility and process Developed, negotiated and finalized financial plans for new, re-entry and continuing students. Processed and counseled students and families on professional judgement circumstances.
- SENIOR FINANCIAL AID OFFICER at ART INSTITUTE OF WASHINGTON
- STUDENT SUPPORT ADVISOR at DEVRY UNIVERSITY
- lead Financial Aid Advisor overseeing 4 financial Aid officers at SENIOR FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR GIBBS COLLEGE
- at FINANCIAL AID OFFICER DEVRY UNIVERSITY
4 years at this Job
- BSBA - Finance
Performs counseling, training, mentoring, and evaluation of support staff and peers
● Acts as a liaison between the Office of Financial Aid and UT departments, off-campus agencies, parents, and students
● Completes financial aid awarding and revisions, obtains required documentation, and evaluates information requests
- Financial Aid Officer II at Office of Financial Aid, University of Texas Austin
- Financial Aid Officer I (Intern) at Office of Financial Aid, University of Texas Austin
- Shift Manager at Papa John's
- Mentor at Papa John's
4 months at this Job
- B.S. in Applied Learning and Development - Youth and Community Studies
Process federal, state, institutional and private awards into graduate student accounts accurately.
• Advises and counsels graduate students and University personnel regarding financial aid, fellowships.
• Determining the eligibility criteria and limitations of colleges/schools, standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
• Follow guidelines of the U.S. Department of Education.
• Assists in the collection and arrangement of student financial aid data.
- Graduate Financial Aid Officer at Graduate Studies and Research, Florida A&M University
- Program Assistant at Graduate Studies and Research, Florida A&M University
- Graduate Research Assistant/ Graduate Feeder Scholar at Center of Biological Control, Florida A&M University
- Student Research Assistant at Center of Biological Control, Florida A&M University
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science - Agribusiness
· Ensures optimal use of financial aid funds by awarding funds from the various college-controlled programs to students in accordance with established federal, state, and college guidelines. · Ensures student and parent awareness of the various financial aid sources during counseling sessions by providing information to them and answering their questions regarding financial aid sources. · Assists students in the application process for financial aid by helping them to complete appropriate and required forms; by advising them of their rights and responsibilities concerning financial aid; and by providing them with information about the status of their financial aid applications.
- Financial Aid Officer at Eastern International College
- Identity Manager at JPMorgan Chase
- Admissions Telecounselor at Eastern International College
- Human Resource Clerk at Rose Associates Inc.
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Psychology