06/2018-03/2019 I currently am training in the Financial aid office to be a financial aid specialist. This job enhances my speaking and listening skills, while I help assist students with concerns about their schooling fees.
- Financial aid office to be a financial aid specialist at Office of Financial Aid at Metropolitan State University
- at Brookdale Nursing Home
- Team Member at Noodles & Company
- Team member at Chuck E. Cheese's
9 months at this Job
• Assist students with the Financial Aid process.
• Directly work with economically disadvantaged groups of people of all ages, and from diverse backgrounds.
• Analyze Financial Aid applications to award Federal, State, and institutional funds within established policies and procedures.
• Responsible for finding and researching different scholarships that our students may be eligible for to use at our school.
• Ensure that our school meets compliance for the new Washington Student Loan Transparency Act that went into effect as of July 1st, 2018.
• Be attentive to detail while reviewing/notating/processing student files.
• Perform verification using data from the IRS tax information and FAFSA verification regulations.
• Process files and package Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Washington State Need Grant, College Bound Scholarship, Work Study, and Direct Loans.
• Attend meetings and conferences regarding Financial Aid regulation changes.
• All Financial Aid specific tasks listed below under Clark College Financial Aid Program Coordinator are tasks I am also responsible for now, as a Financial Aid Specialist.
- FINANCIAL AID SPECIALIST at INTERNATIONAL AIR & HOSPITALITY ACA
- FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM COORDINATOR at CLARK COLLEGE
- FRONT END SUPERVISOR at ROSS DRESS FOR LESS
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Public Speaker (Financial Aid Presentations)
● Reviewed Financial Aid Documents
● Assisted Students with Financial Aid Application
● Collaborated to create Financial Aid Events
● Assisted Director & Advisors in day to day assignments
● Advised Students providing them with detailed Financial Aid Information
● Executed Microsoft Programs
- Financial Aid Specialist III at LSC-University Park Financial Aid
- Extended Learning Center Assistant I at LSC-Tomball College Library
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- HS Diploma
Financial Aid Specialist (2018-Present), Graduate Assistant (2017-2018), Student Counselor Aid (2015-2017)
● Directing the activities of the Financial Aid customer service center, its student employees, staff and Student Counselor Aide program participants including scheduling, supervision, coaching, and professional development. Working knowledge of federal regulations and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid determinations in a variety of contexts. Contribute knowledge and service to the appeals committee. Involved experience gained from Supervisor Development Institute (2018).
● Processing waivers for students, verification documents, and needs assessments. Responsible for the workload relating to student financial aid, including student applications, appeals, and counseling, and financial aid advising. Maintaining a high level of accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced work environment using relevant technology tools including PeopleSoft.
● Worked to develop outreach programming and materials for campus constituents including the Nontraditional Students Association. Collaborate extensively with other campus departments to innovate creative solutions and develop efficient practices. Maintaining effective staff relationships to administer excellence within and between departments.
- Financial Aid Specialist at University of Maine
- Lounge Coordinator at Office of Commuter & Non-Traditional Student Services- University of Maine
- Substitute Teacher at Dr. Lewis S. Libby Elementary School
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Human Development
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work
At my current position my resposiblities include: Reviewing and verifying files, awarding students Financial aid, receiving and posting incoming mail, answering students questions and helping students complete their Financial Aid files.
- Financial Aid Specialist at NORTHLAND PIONEER COLLEGE
- Trimmer at Swell Farmacy
- Crew Member/Cashier at McDonald's
- Cashier/Customer Service at TravelCenters of America LLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Mechatronics
Responsible for collecting financial aid data and performing specialized duties in the formulation and calculation of financial aid award packages for eligible students in compliance with Federal and State regulations. Other responsibilities include: -Verify any data deemed conflicting or discrepant in nature to include federal tax filing status per IRS guidelines. - Screen aid applications and supporting documentation submitted by students for accuracy and consistency and meet impending deadlines. - Determine financial aid eligibility, appropriate aid amounts, needs analysis and award each student based on calculated need not to exceed cost of attendance and individual eligibility. - Provide information on aid programs to current and prospective students and advise students appropriately of the rights and responsibilities associated with receipt of Title IV funds. - Recommend policy and procedure modifications relative to the delivery of student financial aid for the University. - Maintain and prepare accurate reports and student financial aid records. - Promotes, maintains, and enhances workplace culture within the Office of Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid Specialist at COLUMBIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
- Specialist II at Nelnet
- Bank Teller at JP Morgan Chase
- Uniform Issue/ Linen Supervisor at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Administration
- Diploma - Politcal Science and Minor in Economics
Provide specialized assistance and information to students regarding financial aid programs and services available from federal and state grant programs and other sources.
● Explain and assist students with financial aid applications, filing requirements, timeliness requirements and restrictions.
● Explain departmental policies, procedures and functions according to established guidelines.
● Instruct and assist students in correct procedures for completion of financial aid forms and applications; review completed forms for accuracy, timeliness and completeness; enters data into various programs and databases for processing of financial aid.
● Process a variety of financial aid applications and forms for different funding agencies; operate a computer to obtain, verify and update financial aid information and records for students; processes, transmits, uploads and downloads student financial aid information to and from funding agencies.
● Review applications and documents financial data; performs research, inquiries and investigation regarding information provided in applications to verify correctness and eligibility for financial aid; interviews students regarding income, assets, household composition, tax records and other personal matters related to financial aid program eligibility.
● Review records for changes in status; requests transcripts, records and other information as needed to assure complete and accurate documentation; reads and transfers federal tax information; input, calculates and modifies student award packages based on eligibility for different financial aid awards.
● Assist with student petitions for financial aid extension, independence and reinstatement and loan appeals; generates lost check warrants; determines payment eligibility and adjusts payments for students who attends less than full-time; accounts for financial aid funds received by the District and verifies the accuracy of payment amounts for each student; ensures that payment transactions and student status are reported correctly; verifies that disbursements match payments reported to funding agencies; receives payments and documentation regarding outstanding student debt.
● Generate financial aid letters, reports and lists; prepares and processes a variety of correspondence and documentation; maintains applicant and student financial aid files and documentation.
- Financial Aid Specialist at Long Beach City College
- Financial Aid Advisor at Fremont College
- Admissions Associate at Fremont College
- Admissions Associate at The Art Institute of California
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
• Interview and advise students, parents, and faculty on available financial aid programs and accompanying regulations; assist students with the application process
• Review appeals, loan, professional judgement and dependency override requests
• Analyze and verify documents, apply research and generate correspondence/emails
• Maintain an updated working knowledge of federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations pertaining to financial aid programs
- Financial Aid Specialist at Daytona State College
- Enrollment Specialist at Deltona Campus
- Admissions Specialist at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Imaging Specialist at
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Supervision & Management - Supervision & Management
- Associate of Arts
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Applied Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Office Technology - Office Technology
• Assist current and future students and their parents with the federal financial aid process, including initial application, verification process, awarding, and entrance/exit counseling.
• Oversee federal and state work study program, including assigning positions, processing payroll, and maintaining open communication with students, supervisors, and payroll department.
• Maintain high levels of accuracy in processing federal aid and maintain knowledge of current federal, state, and institutional policies to ensure compliance with all agencies
• Participate in quarterly Open Houses, providing funding options and benefits information to potential students and their families.
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality, ensuring allowable information is divulged to students, parents, and other departments following FERPA guidelines.
• Participate in Employee Advisory Committee. Served as Secretary for two terms.
• Serve as classroom mentor for Guided Night Study Hall for first year students. Designed to instill proper study habits and time management skills necessary to fulfill academic expectations.
- Financial Aid Specialist at NEW MEXICO MILITARY INSTITUTE
- Bank Teller at REGIONS BANK
- Administrative Assistant at GILL SECURITY SYSTEMS
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- Associate in Applied Science - Office Administration
Assist students with financial aid questions and FAFSA input. Intake documents for financial aid. Scan documents for emailing to Athens campus, record receipt of documents into students BANNER account. Email students and follow-up phone calls to students with concerns about financial aid. Approve of MOWR students application schedules in GA Futures.
- Financial Aid Specialist at Athens Technical College
- Data entry new student applications in Banner at Walton Campus
- Receptionist at Athens Technical College
- Evening Support Person at Athens Technical College
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BS - Human Services
- Associates Degree - Accounting