Financial and Business Analyst for Secaucus location. Provides quantitative reporting including variance to budget and forecast explanations. Strategic planning and budgeting providing operational and financial performance tracking. Reports to a VP and provides business support to field managers.
• Hired at a newly opened location and designed and implemented all the expense and metric tracking documents.
• Created and implemented the location's first yearly budget merging 5 relocated departments. Budget comprised of labor expense, operating expense, capital expense, and production/manufacturing consumable costs
• Identified significant cost savings by reviewing accounts payable journal entries for comparison to budget plan reducing redundant and unnecessary spending
• Actively reviews maintenance and lease contracts for production equipment. Negotiating lower payments and saving 15%-20% by identifying better terms
• Complete quarterly reclassifications, monthly accruals, and budget re-forecasting of volumes and expenses
• Leader of monthly budget review and presents results to upper management
• Completes monthly unit cost analysis for year over year comparison tasked with identifying a minimum 3% yearly improvement
• Designed and maintained location SharePoint report depository
• Trained and supervised direct report, data analyst associate
• Monitor inventory levels to compare usage to expense in order to ensure operational efficiency
• Complete special projects as requested, new business requests for pricing (RFP) proposals, cost analysis of lease vs buy, temporary labor workforce expense, and machine upgrade or alternative costs
- SR. FINANCIAL/BUSINESS ANALYST at BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL
- SALES SUPPORT ANALYST SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS at
- SR. BUSINESS ANALYST at VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Technical, Financial and Business Process support for the Database, Big Data, Cloud, Network Security, Dev-Ops and System Engineering organizations. Support organization utilizing Six Sigma, Financial, PMP, Agile, SDLC and Total Quality Management (TQM) business process methodologies · Technical o Capacity Management – Develop and Utilize Capacity Utilization and Demand Reports for Oracle, SQL, MySQL and Big Data (Hadoop, Splunk, Hortonworks) demand. Prioritize and initiate the build process o Project Management/PMO – Manage Oracle, SQL, MySQL and Big Data builds o Purchasing/Vendor Manager for Operating Software for Database, Cloud and Software Engineering. · Financial o Budgets - Develop and Manage $200M yearly expense, capital, headcount and professional services plan o Product Costing/Rate Cards/Chargebacks/Business Cases – Identify costs associate with products and services in order to charge internal and external customers. Business Case Development – Determine Total Cost of Ownership between two or more competing technologies o Purchasing/Vendor Management – Negotiate software purchases, maintenance agreements and Scope of Work. Ensure conformance to contracts and SOW criteria o Systems – Ariba, Concur, Essbase, PeopleSoft, Smart View, Oracle Data Warehouse, Tableau, Datameer · Business o Business Process Management – Utilize Six Sigma methodologies to analyze and enhance cross functional processes o Change and Resource Management – Ensure proper resources scheduled for network change and release activities. · Data Science/Machine Learning/Reporting o Optum Data Science University o Extract transactional and Health Care Data from corporate Data Stores. Transform using statistical techniques including Regression, Clustering, Decision Trees, Trend Analysis, Statistical Process Control…. o R Studio, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Tensor Flow, RapidMiner, SAS, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI…
- Technical Financial Business Analyst at UnitedHealth Group – Optum Technical Services
- OWNER at Legends Consulting
- FINANCIAL ANALYST/BUSINESS ANALYST - Global Network Services at Legends Consulting
- DATABASE ANALYST/DATABASE MIGRATION PROJECT MANAGER at Legends Consulting
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS - Management
- MBA - Finance and Total Quality Management
- BS - Engineering Technology
• Develop PowerBI dashboards to track KPIs and summarize operational results
• Lead data automation efforts by setting up business requirements, testing, and developer partnerships
• Responsible for creating monthly business reviews communicated to C-Level executives
• Provide key recommendations and insights to drive profits and implement digital strategy
• Create and maintain financial models to forecast sales and track performance of ecommerce business
• Liaise with accounting teams to determine CapEx/OpEx status using agile accounting methodology
- Financial Business Analyst at 7-Eleven, Inc
- Data Analyst at Oak Hill Advisors L.P
- Senior Fund Accounting Analyst at Fidelity Investments
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance - Econometrics, Business
Worked on the banking application where the customer can access account details, view and update personal information and make the payments directly from checking account. The application responds within 60 seconds and gives details of credit card approval or non-approval of individual requests of individual applicants.
• Performed requirements gathering using both formal and informal sessions through interviews with Subject Matter Experts, Net meetings, questionnaires and JRD/JAD sessions.
• Facilitated creation of AS-IS and TO-BE business process workflow using Rational Rose/ MS Visio.
• Assigned tasks and tracked progress of project following Agile and Scrum methodology.
• Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and helped transforming into user stories.
• Extensive experience in financial service industry related to credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, Basel II/III and CCAR.
• Led SLA meetings to coordinate with external credit card reporting agencies such as RELS/ Equifax.
• Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
• Conducted and participated in JAD sessions with stakeholders and system users to collect the software requirement specifications (SRS) and used rational requisite pro to maintain the requirements.
• Worked closely with cash management services (CMS) to develop the arrangement cash money national wise and foreign transactions (Forex)
• Involved with cash management services (CMS) for developing the cash management of premier debit card, credit card cash limits/flow and transactions.
• Responsible for gathering requirements from subject matter experts (SME's) and primary user's underwriters and payments department to update premium collection procedure and automatic clearing house (ACH)
• Established traceability matrix using Rational Request Pro to trace completeness of requirements in different SDLC stages.
• Co-ordinated with Project Manager and service level agreement for KYC compliance regulations.
• Created Use Cases, user stories, project documentation, user manuals and developed mockup screen to communicate GUI design with developers.
• Worked on broad range of technologies, including business tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Visio, data warehousing concepts, web design and development.
• Facilitated the Pre UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and UAT; assisted QA analysts in creating Test Scripts, Test cases and Test Scenarios; quality procedures such as Black Box Testing and Regression testing; SOAP UI for API Testing.
- FINANCIAL BUSINESS ANALYST at Provident Financial Group INC
- Business Analyst at Bank of America
- Business Data Analyst at TD Bank
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Audit and Compliance Readiness | Revenue & Profit Growth | Leadership & Team Building | Relationship Building Self-motivated professional, excellent organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills. Understands the importance of proper metrics development and analysis to improve business process. Consistently exceed company set goals to minimize expected loss on non-performing assets. Strategic thinker who rapidly capitalizes on emerging trends and new programs. Dynamic team builder, coach and mentor who effectively develops co-worker's talent. Financial / Business Analyst - IBM, RTP, NC - December 2011 to present - Responsible to identify and initiate tactical and strategic activities including process development, process execution and improvement, measurements, tools and operational support. Activities may also include leading local, global and/or large-scale projects focused on transforming process with end-to-end integration and process management. This role includes individuals with responsibilities for leadership, relationship, process and operational support, including support to the brands and sales teams. Manage projects with sound problem-solving techniques and solutions orientation. Monitor and evaluate process execution, trends and root causes, business performance, and business controls to promote client satisfaction and achieve operational results. Responsibilities include planning, training, enhancement to existing processes and systems, maintenance of existing systems, management and measurement of all activities involved in sourcing and procurement, conversion, manufacturing, and all logistics management activities for products, services and related information. - Responsible for the organization and timely, accurate processing of accounting transactions and all related tasks to achieve the agreed business goals. They ensure the delivery of a high quality, client-focused service to external clients. Implement changes to accounting techniques ensuring compatibility with procedures and controls using new accounting developments as input. They are focused on business controls and process improvements associated with their desk assignments or the overall team goals - Coordinates daily workload, processes timely and accurately routine administrative/accounting transactions and all related tasks given by more experienced accounting professionals and/or management. They ensure the delivery of a high-quality product. Recommend improvements to existing procedures & processes. - Responsible for the analysis of the IBM forecast, budget, actuals, and business dynamics. The analyst is responsible for interacting with the business units and geographies on the forecast, actuals, budget and business metrics. The analyst is responsible for the development of forecast and budget variance analysis and provides business assessments on an ongoing basis. The analyst designs, prepares, and presents detailed analysis of business issues and recommended solutions to senior management.
- Financial / Business Analyst at IBM
- Store Manager at JoAnn's Fabric and Craft
- Operations Manager at T.J. Maxx
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree in Accounting - Accounting
- B.S. in History - History
- B.S. in History - History
• Implement the PeopleSoft billing platform for various lines of business from inferior billing systems
• Liaison between global billing teams and corporate technology while being main point of contact to provide production support to system users and identifying potential enhancement projects
• Ensure accurate results from all system modifications and enhancements via structured and thorough testing procedures that all comply with SOX requirements
• Act as a project leader for enhancement projects with clear communication and timeline management to system users
• Create statement of positions (SOP) that document business processes and provide training to the lines of business
• Research and implement new cloud file sharing platform for use throughout the corporate finance department
• Assist with identifying financial system user needs in reference to training, financial system functionality and process management to ensure the users' needs are being met
• Assists with the planning, scheduling and coordination of implementations and new functionality in the PeopleSoft platform
• Create key performance indicators that provide timeliness metrics for more than 30 business units to corporate executive leadership
- Financial Business Analyst at Alliance Data
- Staff Accountant II at Lehigh Hanson
- Staff Accountant I at Lehigh Hanson
- Athletic Business Office Assistant at Darren B. Casey Athletic Administration Complex
8 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - General
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
• A key component of a financial reporting consolidation and efficiency project: The scope of the project includes constructing and executing accurate financial models. The project requires validating and reconciling any discrepancies, documenting the processes and work flows, working with internal stakeholders to develop and promote migration, and train and guide team members.
• Assist with business operations metric reporting on ROI & utilization for healthcare programs.
- Financial Business Analyst II at HealthCare Partners
- Sales Operations Analyst II, SOP&A at International Gaming Technologies
- Hospitality Analyst & Co-Chair at Salute - Business Impact Group
- Accounts Payable Analyst at Scientific Games
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Finance
• Captured user requirements of Metro Label Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems- interfaced with the 6 Manufacturing units across US, Canada and Mexico including Procurement, QA, and Sales & Marketing departments.
• Supported the due diligence of Gordon Graphics acquisition by analyzing financial reports and future sales forecasts.
• Worked closely with the development team to ensure requirements were fully understood and provided assistance with overcoming obstacles faced during development.
• Developed Business Requirements Document (BRD) from Functional Requirements, Business Requirements and System Requirements.
• Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
• Streamlined database systems at Napa and Monterrey Beverage facilities using Python
• Conducted iterations and communicated results and milestone achievements to the stakeholders while keeping the developers closely updated on all documented refinements.
- Financial/Business Analyst at Metro Label/Tapp Label
- Financial/Business Analyst at Alcon Pharmaceuticals
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts in International Commerce - International Finance, Global Governance, Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Finance and minor in Economics - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Communicated with senior management on financial analysis, prepared ad hoc financial and operational reports and proactively assessed potential cost savings and other efficiencies
• Performed analysis, modeling, and other quantitative techniques as needed to answer business questions and evaluate business issues and objections
• Provided accurate and timely financial statements and reported on variances from budgets and forecasts
- Financial Business Analyst at Cara Life Inc
- Accountant at Cara Life Inc
- Operations Manager at Cara Life Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
independent contractor Working as an independent contractor supporting the needs of various businesses to include:
• Data Analysis
• Financial Reporting
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Contract review / Fee set-up
• Vendor management
• Payroll /Commissions
• General Ledger / Journal Entry
• Maintaining GL codes
• Property Management
• Sales & Customer Service Clients:
- FINANCIAL & BUSINESS ANALYST at Self-employed
- accounting, leasing and customer service at THE STRAND
- Staff Accountant at TBC CORPORATION
- at CARING PEOPLE
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Business Administration