Bradenton, FL. 2006 - 2013
Diversified holding company with operating business units in mining, farming, utilities, real estate
development, land development, publishing, and broadcasting.
• Responsible for preparing budgets, forecasts, revenue and expense analysis and business trend analysis
• Responsible for providing senior management with financial and business trend reporting used for planning and strategic decision making
• Prepared financial reports to divisional and corporate management
• Ensured that the financial records of the company are maintained according to GAAP
• Generated financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow) monthly.
• Ensured timely follow up of accounts receivable and payables
• Performed Bank Reconciliations monthly
• Prepared other periodical accounting and Sales reports to management on a Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly basis
• Assisted in the preparation of audit papers for the annual external audit
- Financial Controller at Schroeder Manatee Ranch
- Payroll Specialist at TideWell Hospice & Palliative Care
- at TideWell Hospice & Palliative Care
- Accounts Payable Specialist at TideWell Hospice & Palliative Care
7 years at this Job
- M.B.A. - Finance & Management Information Systems
- B.S. - Finance & Management Information Systems
Financial Controller for the Case New Holland dozer, header, & backhoe manufacturing facility. Responsible for budgets, forecasts, capital, costing standards, balance sheet, along with Cost Deployment Lead for World Class Manufacturing. Selected Accomplishments: Led complete review and alignment of balance sheet reviews for reserves, inventory, benefit reserves, along with asset management. Cost Deployment Lead in the World Class Manufacturing process for the plant as part of the Fiatt lean initiative. Managed the finance/accounting team through an entire new team which was short a controller and two other key roles for 8 months prior to me joining the team in 2016.
- Financial Controller at Case New Holland
- Controller, Business Unit Lead at Monsanto
- Plant Controller at HON
- North America Manager Manufacturing Accoutning at Bridgestone Bandag
3 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
Served as Financial Controller responsible for managing all accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, general ledger, cost
accounting, and revenue recognition. Maintained responsibility for coordinating preparation of financial budget and forecasts.
Prepared and published timely monthly financial statements and coordinated preparation of regulatory reporting. Monitored daily
financial activities to ensure compliance with relevant local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Developed and documented business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Contributed leadership and expertise to reporting packet to attract investors and communicate financial information
• Transitioned accounting and payroll operations to new firm resulting in increased efficiency and process improvement
• Assisted in onboarding new restaurants to company processes to support overall business development and expansion
- Financial Controller at MVPZ AND ME LLC
- Financial Planning & Business Analyst at RMH FRANCHISE HOLDINGS
- Business Marketing Analyst at
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting & Finance
Frontier Door & Cabinet, LLC is a commercial construction industry specializing in manufacturing and installing doors and cabinets. Hired as a Financial Controller to oversee and manage financial and accounting performance over four different companies. Accountable for cash flow management, inter-company transactions management, month-end closing/analysis, budgets as well as day-to-day accounting operations management. Oversee and manage development and training of accounting team of 6. Report to CFO and President.
- Financial Controller at Frontier Door & Cabinet, LLC
- Financial Controller at Tri-Pak, Inc.
- Financial Controller/Accounting Manager at RELM WEST LABELS MANUFACTURING, INC
- Financial Controller at THE GREEN ROOM, INC. /DOCK HIGH LOGISTICS
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BS - ACCOUNTING with emphasis in Management
- AA - Accounting
• Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department for 500+ vacation homes; Produces monthly financial statements for each owner; Processes month and year end closing.
• Prepares all journal entries to the general ledger and balance sheet accounts; Reviews preliminary P&Ls for additional adjusting entries to provide accurate financial results.
• Produces monthly financial reports; Highlighting KPI's and interpreting operation results to executive team; Develops and monitors budget including projections; Reviews revenue and expese statements.
• Verifies and processes expense reports, cash receipts, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, fixed assets reconciliations, and leaseback journals.
• Prepares and forward Monthly Statements of Inter-Company charges; Works closely with European Group Financial Controller to communicate financial data; Evaluates and reconciles monthly rental owner's statement for the guaranteed and 90/10 leaseback program.
• Liase with Human Resource with respect to payroll, personnel and related benefits; Implements and manages goals in order to ensure cost-efficient management of office expenses; Monitors Payroll for 125 associates; Performs background and reference checks for potential new hires.
• Processes year-end 1099s as required by the IRS, 1042S, Annual Property Tax, Monthly Sales Tax Returns, and Tourist Tax Return functions, coordinates activities with outside audit firms & reviews performance.
• Monitors and develops team member performances; Provides professional development, conducts counseling and evaluations; Mentors direct reports to enhance esprit de corp and office morale.
- Financial Controller at CLC WORLD RESORTS & HOTELS
- Senior Tax Accountant at LENSAR, INC
- Finance Manager at AIR-TRANSPORT IT SERVICES, INC
- Accounting/ Finance Manager at JONES CONTRACTORS, INC
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Accountancy
Canton, Georgia - Machine Parts Manufacturer Managed all aspects of tracking, analysis, quarterly and annual reporting, and Job costing using sound business acumen. FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (2018 to Present) Developed and maintains financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and inventory control. Generate monthly reports with variance reporting. Manages and reconciles weekly cash flow, daily and weekly posting of all job costing, and manages and reconciles inventory, sales, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. * Eliminated a negative financial impact of $2.4 Million by closing 10,000 jobs spanning a 2-year period. * Reconciled over $2 Million in manual adjustments which balanced inventory, accounts payable and accounts receivable accounts for the first time in 10 years. * Streamlined financial processes and introduced process improvements that mitigate risks and enhance accuracy in financial reporting used in business decision-making processes. * Spearheads all financial aspects of inventory and profitability margin for two manufacturing locations.
- FINANCIAL CONTROLLER at SCHOEN INSULATION SERVICES, INC
- CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER at ROUND VALLEY INDIAN TRIBES
- Financial Controller at AVIO-DIEPEN, INC
- Financial Controller (2013to2014) at Advanced Disposal Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
-Participated in managing the budgets and cash flows, -Prepared analyses and financial statements, -Developed, documented and implemented internal control policies and procedures.
- Financial Controller at Financial Department, Ministry of Defense, R. of Serbia
- Chief Financial Department Officer at Financial Department, Ministry of Defense, R. of Serbia
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Business economy
Financial Controller and Branch Manager of USA branch with International Travel. *Responsible for daily management and operations of the branch, including accounting, sales department, inventory control, logistics, workshop and yard production. *Responsible for financial and productivity performance of the USA branch. *Monthly preparation and reporting of Financial Statements. *Weekly cash flows, budgeting and reporting. *Weekly and monthly business department reporting for sales and workshop departments. *Prepare yearly and monthly financial, cost and capital purchases budgets. *Establish and maintain banking relationship to allow financing for the business unit including forgien banking transactions. *Establish business policies and supervise accounting department including: accounts receivable, accounts payable, human resources, credit department and payroll. *Allocate cost and maintain detailed inventory system, cost accounting. *International travel and financial presentation to the Board level.
- Branch Manager/Financial Controller at DGI Trading (USA), Inc
- Controller/CFO/Production Supervisor at DesRochers Painting/R Nicholas Phillips, Inc
- Controller at Hunter Manufacturing
- at Dulworth, Breeding and Karns, LLP
6 years at this Job
- BA in Accounting - Accounting
• Develop and implement a GAAP compliant Accounting system for short-term and long-term
• Management of accounting cycle from beginning to end
• Manage all accounting operations including Banking, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Full Absorption Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Fixed Asset Management including monthly depreciation schedules and journals
• Prepaid and insurance management
• IRS 280E compliance, coding, and allocation management
• Implement highly specialized industry specific full absorption cost accounting
• Regulatory Reporting This includes filing applicable tax statements and filings (business, property, payroll, revenue, etc.)
• Credit Management Oversee all functions related to the extension of credit to customers, including accounts receivable, customer financing, and collections
• Quarterly/Monthly Sales and Use Tax
• IRS Form 8300 Management
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
• Provide advice and guidance on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
• Responsible for continuous improvements with Inventory Management through recommending and implementing efficient and effective Inventory accounting financial processes.
• Timely reconciles cash application and disbursements.
• Monitors cash transactions to ensure that account balances to the report and any unusual items are investigated.
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Oversee consolidation of subsidiary accounting records
• Responsible for the month end closing process including making all the necessary journal entries
• Additional controller duties as necessary
- Financial Controller at Temescal Wellness of MD
- Temporary Accounting Manager at Blueprint Robotics, Inc
- Financial Controller at ACL Computers and Software Inc
- Accountant at SF&C Insurance Associates
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Associate of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Weddington, North Carolina Polivka International specializes in railroad construction, project management, and industrial site development. In the past sixty years, they have successfully completed more than 700 projects for the rail industry, with nearly a third of these being design-build projects. Annual revenues between $35m and $55m. Financial Controller Responsible for all day-to-day financial operations, including delivery of accurate financial reporting; development and maintenance of all financial policies, procedures and controls; preparation of financial statements; cash management; forecasting; annual audit preparation and liaison; and supervision of accounting and HR staff members.
- Financial Controller at Polivka International
- Assistant Controller (for Charlotte and Raleigh operations) at Ryland Homes
- at Utilities, Inc
- Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- BSc Hons - Mathematics
- 'A' levels - Mathematics