I am currently a Financial Counselor at a regional medical center in downtown Sioux City. My job is to handle financial obligations so that patients and physicians can focus on healthcare. I am the liaison between patients and insurance companies, coordinating payments and answering questions from both parties. I offer financial advice and financial assistance to patients regarding medical bills.
- Financial Counselor at MercyOne Siouxland Health Center
- BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER at Casa de Paz Healthcare Center
- OFFICE MANAGER at Hamilton Associates, P.C.
- EXECUTIVE SECRETARY - Internship at Sioux City Rotary Club
2 months at this Job
- Associate - Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science - Financial Services
• Register patients
• Collect insurance information
• Obtain patient information
• Financial counselor
• Verify insurance information
• Provide quality communication between nurses and physicians
• Inform patients of insurance coverage
• Maintain updates with insurance companies (Medicaid, Medicare, Cigna, etc.)
• Telecommunication with patients for billing
- Financial counselor at Lakeland Regional Medical Center
- Patient Care Assistant - Oncology at Lakeland Regional Medical Center
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Administration Management
- Bachelor's - Medical Administration Management
- Associates of Arts
As a financial counselor I am responsible for all billing related issues. From incorrect insurance billing to past due payments on accounts. I answer phones, calculate surgery estimates, speak with doctors staff, cover any office or position they see fit for the day, and much more.
- Financial counselor at Tsaog Orthpaedics
- Administrative Assistant at Angelo Archives/ NBE
- Collections Specialist at Shannon Clinic
- Recovery Specialist at Performant
1 year, 2 months at this Job
As a Financial Counselor I am responsible to Verify if patient has any type of insurance or is any third party coverage. Screening patients for Medicaid or other financial programs. Meeting with patients to answer questions about price estimates, establishing payments plans. I have experience with auto insurance and work comp, applying for Medicaid, I am affordable care act certified application counselor. Helping the patient as well to apply for any other health resources outside of Spectrum Health. Mercy Health
- Financial Counselor at Spectrum Health
- Referral Coordinator I at Clinica Santa Maria
- Server/Cashier at Golden Corral
10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Serves as Financial Counselor responsible for communicating with clients and driving down account delinquency. Coordinates daily with customers to create a customized budget and implement a financial plan. Focuses on counseling, including analyzing customer budgets to identify issues and implementing appropriate solutions. Utilizes company tools such as assistance programs and loss mitigation options to assist with account collections. Coordinates cross-functionally with Customer Service, Accounting, Escrow, Insurance, Tax, and Legal. ❖ Manages high volume, long-term account bases on a daily basis ❖ Increases productivity by 20% through organized and proficient work strategies ❖ Reduces account-based delinquency on a monthly basis by 5% ❖ Successfully reaches and exceeds company-set goals by 100%
- Financial Counselor at 21ST MORTGAGE CORPORATION
- Administrative Assistant at BRETHREN VILLAGE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
As a financial counselor I was responsible for collecting and confirming patient information while maintaining strict patient confidentiality. In addition to that I had to input all information on patients, and run any insurance information through the appropriate insurance programs. Skills Efficient in microsoft word, excel, spreadsheet, powerpoint, and many other computer programs. I have experience in many office settings, as well as experience in medical billing and coding. In addition to that I also have great customer service skills.
- Financial Counselor at Hartford Hospital Emergency Department
- Medical Biller at Hartford HealthCare
- Receptionist at Fitness For Women
- Receptionist/Office Assistant at The stork club inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - General studies
- N/A - Cosmetology
- N/A - Medical assisting/ phlebotomy/ medical terminology
- - Education Details
I worked as financial counselor at TJ Samson and Glasgow primary care for 10 years before my retirement in 2016. I now desire to get back into the work force part time and would enjoy hearing from you
- Financial Counselor at TJ Samson Community Hospital
- Front Office Receptionist at Glasgow primary care
5 years, 11 months at this Job
21st Mortgage is a Berkshire Hathaway company located in Knoxville Tennessee. They originate as well as service mortgage loans. As a financial counselor, my work centered on cost benefit analysis, budgeting, loan compliance, and amortization counseling.
• Conferenced escalated calls, and reviewed accounts for less experienced employees. Making sure to abide by company and government guidelines.
• Audited new employees to insure all government and company guide lines are being met.
• Acted as the single point of contact for an account base of roughly 1000 mortgages. I would work with the customers to formulate a budget and long term payment plan. In special circumstances I would recommend actions to my supervisors of payment assistance or payment deferral. All of these responsibilities strictly followed government regulations.
• Made outbound and took inbound calls to insure the mortgage experience is clear and simple for my account base. In these conversations I would discuss options such as refinancing, amortization, and loss mitigation options.
• Met or exceeded targets for loan compliance within my account base in (19/21) months using effective de-escalation strategies coupled with a calm and straight-forward demeanor under stressful conditions.
- Financial Counselor at 21st Mortgage
- Assistant Men's Basketball Coach at South Georgia State College
- Financial Counselor at 21st Mortgage
- Team Leader at
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology - Psychology
- Durham NC
• Answer and resolve all inbound inquiries and issues regarding patient account statements, bad debt write off's, explanation of benefits, balance due, and other patient and insurance billing related scenarios.
• Analyze the patient's problem or issue that is presented by collecting information and data and conducting thorough research of the Epic patient accounting systems, Hyland
• Follow through on all customer issues promptly and accurately until completion.
• Thoroughly update and document crm with all information pertaining to an inquiry (i.e. questions, answers, actions, follow up items required).
• Communicate with the patient, physicians, collection agency, internal departments and all other internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
• Update insurance information and file and/or appeal claims with insurance companies according to department guidelines.
• Take appropriate actions to bill insurance companies or patients with corrected information including accepting and inputting secondary insurance information into the system and filing claims.
• Coordinate patient refund requests with the credit balance department. Research EOB's and payment detail to determine if a patient refund is necessary or determine the nature of the credit balance.
• Provide financial counseling to patients, guarantors, and attorneys regarding charges for health care services. UNC Chapel Hill - Current Financial Counselor Job responsibilities include helping patients make informed decisions regarding the financial aspect of their healthcare, collecting money for prior balances as well as deposits on service, setting up payment arrangements, and utilizing other resources, such as our charity care program and other outside agencies to assist patients who do not have the financial resources to meet their healthcare obligations. Other duties include, obtaining insurance authorizations, verifying insurance benefits and calling patients to resolve patient balances. Also demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and have an understanding of insurance co-pays, deductibles, and out of pocket expense. SKILLS Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Publisher) Interpersonal Skills Excellent communication, customer service, reasoning, persuasive and public Speaking skills Relationship building Data analysis Technical skills Customer Service Rep. ( Inbound / Outbound) Organizational and planning skills Serve Safe Certified ICD 10 CODE / ICD 9 / ICD 4 CPT CODES MEDICAL CODING Clerical Registration EPIC Hyland Computer Skills Windows 95-98 MS Word, Word Perfect, Excel, MS Access, CASCADE, PowerPoint, Blackboard, Windows XP, Windows ME, Lotus 123, Word Perfect, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Access, QuickBooks, Quicken, Outlook and SalesForce.com CARMA, CARE RADIUS
- Financial Counselor at Duke Health
- at BlueCrossBlue Shield
- Customer Assistant Specialist at Conduit Global
- Insurance Verification (Temp ) at Conduit Global
1 month at this Job
- Associates - Business Administration
- Bachelor - Anatomy & physiology & medical
- High School Diploma
Baptist Medical Group Financial Counselor 2016 Ensures collection of patient balances, deductibles and co-pays in an accurate and timely manner. Serves as a resource to patients, families, and employees to discuss financial arrangements and properly explain patient financial obligation. Assist patients with any applicable financial assistance programs . Perform a treatment initiation approval process by review of ordered / prescribed services relating to insurance coverage policies and pre-certification /authorization requirements , while securing amicable payment arrangements . Perform other duties as assigned.
- Financial Counselor at Baptist Medical Group
- Certified Medical Assistant at Boston Baskin Cancer Foundation
- Security Officer at PHELPS SECURITY INC.
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Resource One Medical Staffing
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associates - Medical Assisting