As a Financial Management Specialist I routinely: Maintain accounting records including ledgers, journals , registers, and individual accounts. Classify and code revenues and expenditures for entry into appropriate accounting records. Review and reconcile various financial transactions. Examine invoices, expense vouchers and other source documents to verify obligations and post appropriate records. Prepare financial reports, statements and schedules of standard design. Maintain files of source documents and other information related to accounting activities. Identify and correct problems encountered in the processing of accounting transactions which involve accessing the rejected documents in the automated system and analyzing the reasons for the rejection, and initiating corrective action based on knowledge of the system and proper accounting practices. Track additions to the accounting system reference tables for the purpose of verifying accounting codes needed to accurately process transactions that have been updated in accordance with rules and regulations. Gather compile and record specific types of accounting data required to perform reconciliation procedures. Perform daily reconciliation for output generated from various systems. Work with other National Finance Centers and Agency clientele to facilitate processing of transactions and resolve problems. Reviews flow of documents to determine whether applicable regulations and procedures which are being adhered to and that desired results are being reflected in accounting records. Review and analyze reports, trace possible errors and verify or suggest means of adjustments, ascertains duplication in reporting, and report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Financial Management Specialist at Office of Personnel Management
17 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
- Bachelor's - Sociology
Provide guidance and oversight of DCHA/OTI's budget and financial management review to ensure funds necessary to carry out the office's mission are obtained, allocated, and expended in accordance with USAID's priorities and relevant law and practices. In this role, I help to oversee the financial support to 15+ countries in Africa, Latin America & the Caribbean, Middle East and Eurasia.
• Allocate roughly $50M of OTI funds as well as additional program funds per year (ranging from $15M to $200M+). Collaborate with DCHA Bureau's controller's office and other Bureau's in managing additional funds. Awarded certificate in Oct 2017 for completion of successful end of FY, in which 98% of money was accounted for.
• Controls OTI's resource availability, present financial reports on disbursements and fund usage, and direct obligation/de-obligation process to optimize fund usage. Apply funding analysis to recommend program budget based on management decisions and/or program objectives and as back-up material for requests for budget changes.
• Adhere to budget by inputting transactions correctly, obligating funds, processing travel actions and utilizing financial software for budget maintenance. Process end of quarter accruals and provide back up support for processing mission transfers to the field. Track and provide program obligation updates.
• Coordinate with USAID accounting systems to identify and reconcile budget discrepancies. Prepares and analyzes regular and ad hoc financial status reports to track agency obligations and commitments. Shares reports and related recommendations with office and agency leadership. Responds to budget-related questions from agency leadership and regional teams.
• Coordinate with USAID procurement system to process contracts.
• Develops and works on individual operating budgets for teams based on previous budgets, past year obligations and anticipated needs. Develops spreadsheets and tools to monitor operating budget. Helped with the testing and development of a new budget database.
• Train and mentor new staff, including Jr. Financial Management Specialist to be able to provide finance services in my absence. Design and update finance informational items for OTI staff members (e.g. project pages, special reports, fact sheets, guides and training material).
• Conduct clerical duties including, scheduling and facilitating events, and monitoring action items for completion & filing, and managing correspondence. Established and implemented new electronic filing and telework tracking systems for my team in 2017.
- Financial Management Specialist at U.S. Agency for International Development, DCHA/OTI
- Administrative Program Specialist, GS-9/10 (Personal Services Contractor) at USAID-United States Agency for International Development
- Teller Banking Representative at PNC Bank
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
Developed and maintained client relationships and fostered client satisfaction by delivering the best
strategies for customers and dealers to pay off debts.
• Advised global BMW dealerships on how to transform loan risk into a path for growth by using new technology system and business modeling, enabled dealers to optimize loan decisions.
• Resolved complex financial issues, designed and implemented solutions to better manage risk, optimized benefits, and protected company and dealership businesses.
- Financial Management Specialist at BMW Financial Services
- Financial Accounts Analyst at Morgan Stanley
- Financial Services Associate at Nationwide Insurance
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Financial Risk Management - Financial Risk Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management - Leadership
•Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual project level forecasts (input collection, processing, and review with project lead) which includes combining sold work with pipeline data.
•Compares and analyzes program actual results versus plans and forecasts including trends.
•Assists with preparing reports for monthly and quarterly reviews with commentary for key changes.
•Prepares monthly subcontractor accruals and assists with accrual reconciliation.
•Provides workforce management support for programs.
•Analyzes accounting and labor data that drives forecasting and reporting.
• Assists program teams with financial reporting requirements.
•Maintains system of record by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
•Assists with preparing presentation slide decks for program financial performance reporting.
•Sets up new projects in the accounting system in coordination with Contract Management and Program Management after reviewing contract documents.
•Generate monthly program invoices and support cash application.
•Review open billing detail and working capital balances, complete inventory reconciliations, assist with DSO forecast, and monitor peak capital balances.
•Apply knowledge of finance policies and procedures.
•Completes various special projects as assigned by finance leadership
- Client Financial Management Specialist at Defense Point Security
- Financial Analyst at Vire Consulting/ Federal Aviation Administration
- Program Control/Financial Analyst at Computer Sciences Corporation
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Provided weekly unbilled report to management Researched and processed invoices, paperwork or load information within our TMS system for payment. Contacting the carriers to obtain a copy of proof of delivery for invoices reaching 30 days. Monthly Financial closing reports.
- Financial Management Specialist at Red Classic Services
- Accounting Specialist at UC Synergetic, LLC
- Real Estate Accounting Clerk at Winstead Attorneys
- Tax Preparer at Means Income Tax
11 months at this Job
- - accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration Accounting
Led and supervised 20 financial management analysts in the Accounting Office. Formulated and upheld department policies, performed Standard Accounting, Budgeting, and Reporting System software (SABRS) training, supervised Comptroller personnel and advised management of all issues pertaining to subordinate departments.
• Used SMARTS and Report Studio to assist in retrieving reports and analyzing commitment, obligation, expenditure, and liquidation to assure funds are spent in accordance with financial plans
• Oversaw and utilized financial execution processes, accounting data relationships, and financial reporting allowing proper alignment in fiscal execution using financial data elements within SABRS
• Managed and properly coded over $300M in SABRS to support Marine Corps standardization efforts with ZERO errors
• Supervised 13 financial management analysts in the performance of their duties and ensured all tasks were completed on time
• Audited and performed quality control for 500 audit samples and ensured 100% accuracy and on time
• Provided technical expertise and advised the Comptroller on all accounting matters valued at $600M and supported 15 departments and 200 personnel Financial Management Analyst Managed 13 employees and maintained oversight of transactions posting in the SABRS system. Verified the accuracy of appropriation data, produced periodic financial reports, performed financial trend analysis, and highlighted areas in need of improvement.
• Provided managerial accounting expertise to the Comptroller and Deputy Comptroller; reviewed the USMC MILPAY/RESPAY and Bulk Obligations resulting in the de-obligation of unsupported amounts exceeding $844K
• Facilitated 192 hours of financial management training to 100's remote program managers worldwide; enhanced organization's ability to satisfy all audit inquiries and articulate requirements for current and projected funding levels with 100% accuracy
• Reorganized accounting section to provide better support to subordinate organizations and manage financial management analyst more effectively Financial Management Analyst, ~~~~~.
• Mentored 12 and provided 240 hours of professional development training resulting in 85% increase in department qualifications and enhanced customer service and professionalism
• Validated over 9K financial records totaling more $220M+ during the Tri-Annual Review period which led to 621 error corrections and establishing procedures for validation and correcting transactions double posting erroneously Project Manager Oversaw a department of 10 personnel and was responsible for the financial control, planning, management and execution of a project. Developed and issued project planning guidance and verified required formats with supporting documentation to all vested parties supporting the Comptroller office roles and responsibilities.
• Supervised the execution of over $250M with less than a 1% reversion rate
• Managed the Government Commercial Purchase Card (GCPC) program resulting in 2.7K completed purchases obligating over $18M in funds with ZERO delinquencies
• Analyzed and corrected abnormal/problem transactions utilizing ad hoc reports resulting in corrections to more than $13M of appropriated funds and implemented a systematic corrective action resulting in a 90% decrease to daily problem transactions
• Provided 100 hours of budgeting and accounting training to 20+ fiscal management personnel and ensured proper education in financial management operations and responsibilities at department level
• Mentored and supervised 5 financial management analysts and corrected abnormal transactions which ensured the validity of data and reduction in time/cost of gathering data
- Financial Management Specialist at United States Marine Corps
22 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Associate of Arts in General Education
Applying knowledge of the Wage and Hour Division's financial systems, including the Civil Monetary Penalty System (CMP) and the Back Wage Financial System (BWFS) to manage assignments to include performing research, data analyses, and preparing reports and presentations discussing the potential solutions to these systems issues; Responsible for reviewing and verifying financial data for governmental and commercial invoices and other payment requests; Prepares payment requests of grant awards; Review, research and fact finding of technical files, records, listings, transactions, ledgers, reports, reference materials to identify resolutions to problems and take corrective actions. Prepares analysis for various asset and liability accounts, capitalized assets, debt management projects, extensive work on Treasury reconciliations, unliquidated obligation reviews, special projects, utilizing spreadsheets and other analytical tools, etc. Represents higher level officials in representing FMB and WHD management at meetings and conferences with senior official/staff of the OIG and Treasury on matters relating to financial policy matters, including financial and accounting policies and standards. Reviews and analyzes various accounting reports and data to identify the cause and resolution of transaction variances, problems and potential problems related to DOL's financial records (accounting system and sub-systems such as accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (AIR), travel, procurement, e-Travel, capitalized assets and property management). Works on the development of effective controls over source documents. Works with the preparation, transmission reconciliation of data as required by Treasury for such transactions at the SF-224 and deposits. Assistance should be of the caliber that allows incumbent to participate in the development of controls necessary to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data. Prepares, reviews, and validates necessary data for the month-end close process, quarterly close process and the fiscal year-end closing of WHD accounting records.. Closely monitors and processes obligations, liquidations, collections and disbursement operations for the various systems and processes. Performs independent monthly reviews of the detail and summary reports for client agencies as assigned and review accruals and UDOs. Performs independent reconciliation of financial data, special report data and prepares special analytical reports for all levels of management on current year and prior year data.
- Financial Management Specialist at Wage and Hour
- Financial Grants Manager at American Indian Higher Education Consortium
- Budget and Financial Systems Manager at Society for Neuroscience
- Health Benefits/Finance Program Manager at Community of Hope, Washington, DC
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
• Analyze site visits and desk reviews utilizing established internal processes to determine the corrective actions needed to address the open recommendations.
• Maintain detailed records of communications related to site visits and desk review activities utilizing established internal processes.
• Prepare a monthly inventory report for both site visits and desk reviews utilizing established internal processes.
• Preparing the IPERA report utilizing established internal processes and procedures.
• Prepare a quarterly report for both desk reviews and site visit utilizing established internal processes.
• Financial Review Follow-up Communications.
• Perform grant amendments and closeout functions as required by the Grants Management Office.
• Support the delivery of advisory services to clients related to business integration and testing
• Complete the required financial analysis to closeout and amend grants and design.
• Analyze and prepare financial reports utilizing the Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Administer grant functions. Analyze budget, expenses, and prepare forecasting and executing FMCSA.
• Monitor grantee expenditures and track fiscal data from federal financial reports and invoices.
• Prepare results of risk assessments, test plans, control assessments, corrective action plans for CivPay, Grants, Vendor Pay, Reimbursable Work Order-Grantor, and Contracts Pay,
• Reconcile grant invoicing and payments to determine accuracy of transactions for each grant.
• Maintain detailed and accurate tracking of closeout and grant amendment activities and status in database and spreadsheets.
• Ensure compliance with closeout requirements found in all OMB circulars and related FMCSA policies and practices.
• Analyze reconciliations to determine amounts available for de-obligation expenditures and resolve monitor the use rate of expenditures of budgeted funds and year grants through the review of accounting records, reports, procurement documents discussion issues with the grantees officials.
• Contact grant recipient and/or Program Office by telephone or email to obtain additional information or documents to close outstanding recommendations in the site visits or desk review
• Provides closeout report on each grant which includes: Summary of grant, Summary of financial information.
• List of outstanding issues.
• Recommendations for remediation.
• Performs all activities to receive, analyze, and process a grant closeout
• Review grant amendment package for accuracy and compliance with amendment policy
• Discuss with FMCSA staff in headquarters and travel as necessary, to correct deficiencies in the amend package.
• Utilize Grants Solutions in the receipt, processing, and finalization of each amendment
• Communicating Communicate with the grant recipient and/or Program Office. After receiving supporting documentation.
• Tracking burn rate and monitoring budget for travel and other direct costs.
• Provide technical assistance in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, and guidance.
- Financial Management Specialist at Civility Management Solutions
- Contract Management Specialist at XLA Inc. supported
- Project control Specialist at AED, Incorporated
- Lead Accounting Analyst/Contract Closeout at Superior Technical Staffing
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Finance
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - Finance and minor Business Administration
- ASSOCIATES DEGREE - Business Administration
Contracted to Department of Veterans Affairs Financial Services
This a time-limited appointment or temporary promotion
Intermediate Accountant/Consultant (This is a federal job)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
• Review the accuracy of transaction entries from government officials utilizing government credit cards or convenience checks and control documents or other posting documents.
• Provide analysis and advice on financial matters to program officials, managers and resource administrators.
• Perform advisory duties associated with the. management and control of resources or funds.
• Plan and conduct studies to determine the requirement for updated financial information.
• Develop cost data for a broad operating program using variety of sources (VATAS, TMS, CONCUR, US BANK, FIAR).
• Communicating with government employees, answering questions based on documents requested, inquiries, and trainings.
- Financial Management Specialist at GenTech Associates
- Accounting Assistant III at Baylor Scott and White Corporate Office
- Accounting Technician at University of Texas Medical Branch
- Accounting Consultant at MFR Consultants
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Business Management
- Associates in Applied Science - Accounting
145 N Street NE Supervisor: Erin McDonough Dates: 04/17 - Present Work Equivalent: GS 0560-9-11 /0301-9-11 Budget/ Financial Management Specialist (As of 5/2017) · Functions are generally time sensitive and require prioritization without managerial oversight. · Assess issues or problems that are complicated by conflicting or incomplete data, unusual transportation requirements that involve considerable analysis to support, or the need to modify normal practices and techniques. Recommend actions to accommodate indifference. Review and coordinate accounting documents that reflect relatively stable budget execution activities, such as obligations, payments, corrections, adjustments, receivables, apportionments, and allotments. Monitors, tracks, and reports on program obligations. · Review and enters data from a variety of sources into forms, reports, and schedules. Makes adjustments to ensure accurate portrayal of status of funds. Analyzes payment and disbursement data and prepares corrections to the accounting system based on analysis of valid and invalid transactions. · Perform the role of approver of allocated travel funds using the E2-Solutions database. · OVW has 49 million in reimbursable obligations across eight years that are reconciled monthly (monthly billing; accrual recognition quarterly) · Perform reconciliation to ensure the funds obligated and the funds spent balance by integrating data obtain from the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) and the entered accounts on the travel Budget Excel spreadsheet. Monitors, tracks, and reports on program obligations. · Attend frequent meeting with Chief Financial Officer Personnel, program control personnel, and management representatives to gather and provide information, to coordinate budget and Period of Performance (POP) requirements, and to resolve problems of average difficulty relating to funding or financial matters. · Provide a recap of all areas of concern that require adjustments within a Financial/Budget Team Biweekly meeting. · Maintain an electronic financial records by recording and tracking onto a financial system dashboard on the OVW share drive.. All obligations, payments, accruals, budgetary resources, available funds, etc. by fiscal year. Documents to also include financial documents (receipts, invoices, purchase orders and FMIS screenshots) into a financial system dashboard on the OVW share drive. · Uses established procedures to collect data and prepare statistical reports on travel services, such as the delinquency and questionable card usage of OVW employees. For example, creates reports in response to queries by OVW management, DOJ, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and General Services Administration (GSA) · Process and facilitate actual cost incurred at the end of the month, provide finding to finance manager, finance team and Office of the Chief Financial Officer/ Office of Justice Program (OJP) ensuring funds are available and reported for grants management support services, administrative and information technology support requested by OVW. Recognize accruals for OJP, by recording account payables in the accounting system quarterly. · Responsible for ensuring the correct account payable have been established. To include accurately billing and collected across multiple fiscal years and document control numbers. · Provide support to the audit liaison by maintaining GAO audit spreadsheet, keeping a tickler of due dates, and assisting in follow-up to ensure timely responses. · Commit, obligate and record grant obligations in the FMISWeb accounting system. Post grant certification and payment history reports in the Grant Management System (GMS) and in the OVW’s G drive. · During grants season perform a daily quality control of grant award documents, to ensure accuracy prior to the commitment certification. · Create a credit card purchase obligation packet after receipt of a Purchase Card Transaction form OMB#1103-0018, creation of the YREG Doc number, insertion into the agency’s spreadsheet, receipt of all receipts to include quotes and Perform credit card purchase obligations in the FMIS web system. · Prior to certifying, obligating and reposting funds on a monthly basis, perform weekly credit card purchase reconciliation with the use of the FMIS database. Administration Division Program Specialist · Supported three senior level executives · Provided clerical and diverse administrative support to include task management, correspondence management, coordination of work between executives, staff and office · Scheduled reoccurring meetings, logistics, agenda, records management, travel management and strategic planning · Provided clerical and technical assistance to the Human Resources Liaison in the areas of processing personnel actions, classification and staffing. · Participated in discussions, conferences concerning long-range planning, and administrative matters. Provides advice and recommendations, both orally and in writing, on administrative matters. Advises on the administrative feasibility of operating plans, suggestions, and proposals. Works with management on planning organizational needs for additional positions and/or equipment. · Established and maintains confidential and complex subject matter files and records covering the work of the office. Maintains security of all sensitive and classified office reports and materials. · Prepares and maintains time and attendance records for the office, which requires extensive knowledge of leave rules and regulations · Create templates for office management of tour of duty schedules · Point of contact in the absence of Human Resource Liaison, to on-board new hires and summer interns to include non-paid graduate students. · Maintain proficient electronic filing system to transition office from paper document filing to share drive usage. · Provide assistance to customers and victims upon calls to ensure the best available assistance is provided during their crisis. · Process Standard Form182 for employee training sessions for circulations between chief of staff, executive officer and the finance and budgets team. · Ensure documents and records management are upheld according to National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) guidelines.
- Budget/ Financial Management Specialist at Office on Violence Against Women (OVW), Department of Justice - CGI Federal
- MD at
- Equal Employment Management Support Clerk / Formal Team Staff Assistant at Professional Licensing Administration Board and Vacant Building Enforcement and Assessment
- Equal Rights Management Support Clerk/ Staff Assistant at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management & Accounting