Work Hours: 40 Employee Location Employment: 4500 South Lancaster Road Dallas, Texas 75216 *Financial Management Specialist (Lead) Gs/501/9/11
- Financial Management Specialist (Supervisor) Gs at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Lead Financial Management Specialist Gs at Employee Location Employment
- Program Support Clerk at Employee Location of Employment
- liaison at Employee Location of Employment
1 year at this Job
- - Banking and Finance
- - Business
- - Business
Oversee and direct all financial matters related to operations of a federal government laboratory. Scope of responsibility includes operations budgets (averaging $14 million), special projects, acquisitions,
payroll and special funding from multiple sources. Accountable for fiscally sound decision-making,
reliable stewardship of the public/ taxpayers' money and prioritization of financial resources to achieve the organization's overall mission. Core member of the management team, making higher-level
operational decisions in conjunction with the laboratory director, COO and two other division directors.
• Partner with senior-level laboratory managers to communicate and make decisions regarding funding for projects/programs, personnel hiring, supplies (and other resources) and vital contracts.
• Track and analyze application of funds to achieve the organizational mission, ensuring the pursuit of laboratory objectives in a proper and legal manner.
• Maximize supplemental funds for the laboratory via DOE headquarters funding requests, sales of certified reference materials (CRMs) and fulfilling projects for other government agencies.
• Evaluate hiring practices to make certain laboratory staffing decisions are made to further the mission by selecting personnel with essential skill sets.
• Perform forecasting and trend analysis to ensure that all operational expenses, along with employee salaries and benefits, are properly budgeted.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to apply funds for up-to-date equipment and infrastructure, ensuring sufficient funding for normal and emergent situations.
• Responsible for competitive analysis by comparing direct and indirect costs of labor and goods at both domestic and abroad locations.
• Consult with executive leadership and DOE headquarters justify requests for additional funding (during periods of cuts) and advise regarding requests for items outside the budgetary limits.
• Provide leadership and direction for program managers to establish priorities for DOE projects, along with projects from outside agencies to produce additional funding. Highlights: ➟ Level 1 Contracting Officer Warrant, authorized to award government contracts up to $150,000 and oversee contractors in the laboratory setting using in-depth knowledge of major contracts, legal frameworks, proposals and public/private sector procurement. Financial Management Specialist ) ➟ Recognized for contributions to the ISO 17025 certification of a nuclear analytical laboratory, which successfully achieved a fast-track accreditation within one year following 10 consecutive years of complications. ➟ Managed a $3.62 million ARRA-funded project involving construction updates and repairs to fire protection safety systems within the plutonium and uranium labs; project was completed on time, within budget and with full transparency (online records of jobs created and funds application). ➟ Twice appointed as Acting Director of the Facilities Operational Division (6/2011-7/2011, 5/2012-7/2012); managed a 10-person team providing support to the health physicist, building maintenance, infrastructure, environmental, financial, security and other vital lab teams. ➟ Developed an intimate knowledge of Department of Energy orders and federal regulations, along with funding constraints and methods for prudent application and distribution of operational funds.
- Financial Management Specialist at UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- at UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- Program Manager at UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- Uranium & Plutonium Chemist at UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
14 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master - Financial Management
- - Graduate Studies
Tested and scored above average on the ASVAB exam. Was accepted to begin training as a Human Resources Specialist/Financial Management Specialist. After rigorous physical training, it was discovered I had physical limitations that prevented me from completing my acceptance into the United States Army. I was formally discharged under Honorable Conditions with the intent to re-enlist in the future.
- Human Resources Specialist/Financial Management Specialist at PRIVATE 1ST CLASS, UNITED STATES ARMY
- SALES ASSOCIATE at POLO CLOTHING COMPANY
- Cashier associate at HARVEST SUPERMARKET
6 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
40 hours per week, Supervisor Mary West, (478) 222-0225
• Primary duty is Funds Certifying Official in the accounting liaison office.
• Verify funds availability and certify various types of funding documents.
• Exercise responsible fiscal authority.
• Responsible for the proper assignment of funding on a commitment or obligation document before the obligation is incurred.
• Comply with funds control policies and procedures and fully using the capabilities of existing systems and internal controls.
• Accountability for the administrative control of funds as to ensure all requirements are complied with to include: Purpose. Ensuring the document limits the obligation and expenditure of funds provided to the purposes authorized by type of fund or account; Time. Ensuring the document provides for the obligation and expenditure of funds, for a bona fide need of the period of availability, of the fund or account; Amount. Ensuring the document limits the obligation and expenditure of funds provided to the amount currently available at the time of the obligation or expenditure.
• Interpret appropriate legal and regulatory guides in the propriety of using funds.
• Assists higher grade specialist in conducting unique accounting support.
• Perform administrative and analytical duties associated with annual appropriations, multi-year, and revolving funds maintained in the BQ Accounting System.
• Analyzes purpose, time, amount or other description for which funds were cited for compliance with guidelines to ensure an Anti-Deficiency Act violation does not occur.
• Strictly adhere to office procedures to certify various types of funding documents and post financial transactions.
• Administer expenditures to ensure support of programs and policies. Prepare and process target load sheets, properly establish fund distribution, access records in Government Accounting and Finance System (GAFS) (BQ), and Commander's Resource Information System (CRIS).
• Post commitments and obligations funding per document.
• Reviews and checks commitments, obligations, expenditures, and reimbursable orders identifying and reporting differences.
• Corrects accounting line data.
• Compares obligations and expenditures, and identifies conditions over or under obligation of funds.
• Rejects certified documents for amendment creation.
• Learns and applies methods for determining correct appropriation account, object class, and line item code.
• Create address builds upon request.
• Perform daily audits of transactions recorded in the financial system.
- Financial Management Specialist at 78th CPTS/FMAS
- Financial Management Specialist (Resource Advisor) at 448th SCMW/FMA
11 months at this Job
- BS - Business Management
Supervisor: Sheila Meador
• Conducts operational reviews for all assigned financial management functions throughout DFAS Texarkana.
• Monitors and evaluates operations and systems for effectiveness and compliance with internal controls established locally or by higher headquarters.
• Interpret and apply accounting policies and standard operating procedures
• Analyze and reconcile the availability and proprietary use of funds, as well as, provide current information on status of funds, costs and progress of work, and availability of funds in different budgetary accounts as requested.
• Review documents for validity budget expenditure limitations, completeness and correctness of data.
• Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Write and edit SOPs and desk procedures
• Reconcile and analyze obligation data in accordance guidance.
• Verify budgetary reports for accuracy and takes appropriate action to correct inaccurate data.
• Keep office personnel informed of changes in policies, regulations, and procedures, and takes actions to implement the same.
• Identifies trends and works with DFAS Texarkana senior leadership to develop proper corrective actions.
• Perform Random Access Measures to test internal and external safety controls
- Financial Management Specialist at DFAS - NAF Financial Services
- Accounting Technician at DFAS - NAF Financial Services
- Team Member/Entertainment Specialist at Target Corporation
- Accounting Technician at DFAS - NAF Financial Services
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
• Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of establishments, such as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
• Establish and maintain relationships with individual or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
• Prepare operational or risk reports for management analysis.
• Evaluate data pertaining to costs to plan budgets.
- Financial Management Specialist at Hanscom Air Force Base
- Office Specialist/Administrative Assistant at DCAMM
- Mailroom Associate at NSTAR
- Receptionist at Health Care Publishing
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- A.S. - General Studies
Charleston, SC 01/2017 - Present
Supervisory Financial Management Specialist
• Makes the necessary determination as to the proper accounting, statistical or fiscal/administrative procedures and technique that will be employed to meet customer expectations.
• Assist management in applying accounting, budget and financial data and recommending alternatives to resolve difficult problems.
• Evaluate the reconciliation of subsidiary ledger balances and the control account balances in the general ledger; providing accounting, budget, and financial information and guidance to program officials.
• Develop new or improving existing processes in automated and manual accounting, budget and financial systems; preparing procedural instructions for the development or implementation of automated accounting, budget and financial systems.
• Supervise the Accounting section including training and production of the Accounting section of Fiscal Service and for the coordination of the assigned functional activities so as to produce quality section products.
• Recommends selection, evaluation, initiation of promotion, adverse and other personnel actions for the members of the section; and selects, supervises and performs all supervisory functions over the activities of subordinates.
- Supervisory Financial Management Specialist at Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Regional Budget / Operations Director at UNITED STATES ARMY / NATIONAL GUARD - Various Global Location
- Military Analyst III-DTT at Tapestry Solutions
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Multidisciplinary Studies
• Performed financial duties of budgeting, disbursing, and accounting for government funds of up to $25,000.
• Processed treasury checks for payment, and maintained files and prepared financial reports.
- Financial Management Specialist at US Army Reserve
- Teaching Assistant at The University of Tulsa
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Analytics
- Master's - Geology
As a financial management specialist my duties include;
• Maintain general ledger control accounts, subsidiary records for general operating expense appropriations and suspense account funds.
• Validates a variety of accounting data, Maintain accounting records such as disbursement and receipt journals, allotments, transfer documents, etc.
• Prepare and process journal vouchers, transfers of disbursing authority, expenditure transfer, etc. for adjustments and transfer of funds and/or costs.
• Review treasury reports and reports on the status of obligations and expenditures.
• Provide technical advice to staff members in determining courses of action on various matters, identification of desirable financial data and analysis appropriate for any given situation; Meet and confers with management to recommend use of available financial and statistical data in decision making processes.
• Participate in special studies and analyses affecting financial operations.
• Provide audit of accounts to veterans, veteran relatives, and/or other offices or financial institutions.
• Analyze information relating to the establishment of all debts. Initiate correspondence to discuss the status of the account when an inquiry is made, and/or to support general ledger accounts.
• I am the principal point of contact for agency clients/customers regarding accounts receivable, audits, and out of system payments.
• Process accounts receivable payments, accounts receivable adjustments and out of system payments for routine and non routine situations, which may require extensive research.
• responsible for processing the full range of personnel/payroll transactions which effect pay, leave, taxes, benefits, other deductions, and master record information of employees maintained by the VA PAID and Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) systems. I also have recently taken on the responsibility of training and mentoring new employees from several different agency departments
- Financial Management Specialist at Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Teacher at Substitute School
- Assistant Store Manager at Christopher and Banks
- Store Manager at Rave Girl
12 years at this Job
- Location - Early Childhood Ed
Financial Manager/Budget Analyst supporting the warfighter by applying my expertise within the C2ISR Wing, Robins Air Force Base. Accomplishments included becoming a Enhanced Defense Financial Manager (EDFM) and providing financial advice and expertise to C2ISR Program Managers in order to meet or exceed DOD goals and reporting monthly financial status and goals to Senior Leaders Specialties: -Standardizing processes and practices across programs to achieve efficiencies -Briefing and reporting monthly fInancial data and metrics to Senior Leaders, program managers and finance team - Providing and tracking funding in a timely manner according to Department of Defense (DOD) standards and joint environment. - Working the POM (Programming Objective Memorandum, which is the programming phase of the federal PPB&E (Planning, programming, budgeting and execution)to ensure future financial plans are lined up with the program budgets and annual funds laid out per program - Ensuring monthly obligation and expenditure rates are met and maintained according to program and DOD scheduled rates - Reconciling no-year, expired and canceling year funds
Financial Manager/Budget Analyst supporting the warfighter by applying my expertise within the C2ISR Wing, Robins Air Force Base.
Accomplishments included becoming a Enhanced Defense Financial Manager (EDFM) and providing financial advice and expertise to C2ISR Program Managers in order to meet or exceed DOD goals and reporting monthly financial status and goals to Senior Leaders
-Standardizing processes and practices across programs to achieve efficiencies
-Briefing and reporting monthly fInancial data and metrics to Senior Leaders, program managers and finance team
- Providing and tracking funding in a timely manner according to Department of Defense (DOD) standards and joint environment.
- Working the POM (Programming Objective Memorandum, which is the programming phase of the federal PPB&E (Planning, programming, budgeting and execution)to ensure future financial plans are lined up with the program budgets and annual funds laid out per program
- Ensuring monthly obligation and expenditure rates are met and maintained according to program and DOD scheduled rates
- Reconciling no-year, expired and canceling year funds
- Financial Management Specialist (Budget Analyst) at United States Air Force
- Management Analyst at U.S. Air Force
- Financial Management Specialist (Budget Analyst) at U.S. Air Force
- Accountant at U.S. Air Force
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- BSBA - Accounting