Chicago, IL 2009-Present
Global leader in digital content for K-12, with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional
development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind.
Financial Operations Manager
Supervise compliance with the terms and deliverables for all of Discovery Education's major strategic contracts.
Draft all contract modifications requested by clients, including amendments, term extensions and cancellations.
Ensure DEI is in compliance with all clients' city, state and federal government's vendor registration requirements, and manage our insurance broker relationship to ensure all of our clients insurance requirements are continually up
to standards. Until recently, managed Discovery Education's receivables aging, legal breach and remedy process, as
well as contract negotiations with key vendor relationships,
• Designed and implemented a new system to efficiently and accurately track deliverables and payments for DE's 60 largest strategic clients
• Overhauled management of receivables aging process, resulting in improved collections and reduced bad debt expense. Under my leadership, reduced receivables under management over 90 days from 7% year-over-year in August of 2017 to 1% in August 2018
• Consult part-time for an internet-based realty and insurance company providing strategic, contract and financial advice, and within 12 months the company was cash flow positive.
- Financial Operations Manager at DISCOVERY EDUCATION, INC
- Accounting Director (successor to CFO) at DYE, VAN MOL & LAWRENCE
- Founder, CEO and LLC Manager at KMA PUBLISHING, LLC
- Managing Director - Middle Market Debt Products at BANC ONE CAPITAL MARKETS, INC
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- MM - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Omaha, NE September 2017 -Present
Technology company that provides online advertising and services that includes Yahoo, AOL, TechCrunch, and HuffPost as well as digital media software for 1 billion people. The company has more than 10,000 employees, with over $1B in annual revenue.
• Financial Operations Manager ◦ Lead 8 employees who manage Accounts Receivable transactions to include invoice collections.
• Managed and oversaw two different third-party outsourcing teams managing invoice collections and cash applications until insourcing was completed.
• Lead and supported along with other managers mass recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding for insourcing initiative from third-party outsourcing.
• Created training and transition plan for insourcing for new department FTE's. Followed through to completion and ensured training and knowledge transfer was completed prior to the deadline.
• Liaison with third party company handling administrative tasks for escheatment filings and customer refunds.
• Ensure all state quarterly escheatment payments and customer refunds are issued timely as well as the appropriate paperwork filed and notarized.
• Manage and resolve issues for $650M+ customer invoice collection activity crossing multiple business units.
• Assisted with dashboarding requirements for business leaders and Financial Operations team, as well as provide ongoing feedback on reporting and metrics for collection activity.
• Notable Accomplishments: * Headcount reduction of 175+ through global insourcing and replacing with FTE's for a budget savings of $2M in 2018. * Completed insourcing workload transition for collection activity 6 weeks prior to deadline. * Assisted with AOL migration of $310M of AR transactions from SAP to Oracle. * Engagement results from direct reports 81% favorable vs. company average of 67%.
- Financial Operations Manager at Oath, Inc
- at CONAGRA FOODS, INC
- Manager, Customer Finance at CONAGRA FOODS, INC
- Collections Manager at CONAGRA FOODS, INC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Communications - Corporate Communications
Looking for a position where my current skills may be put to use for the benefit of an employer and where I may learn new skills. Experienced with Microsoft Office, Microsoft AX, SalesForce 2015 - 2018 ForRent.com - Bothell, WA Financial Operations Manager - Responsible for all day to day operations of the financial office and its approximant 40 employees. Office consisted of a Billing, Credit/Collections, Accounts Receivable and Customer Service departments. Direct reports were, but not limited to, Credit Manager, Office Manager, Accounts Receivable Supervisor and Billing Supervisor. Responsible for the monthly billing, invoicing, mailing, collection and posting of sales in the range of two million dollars each month. Established Standard Operation Procedures, and performance metrics, for the office. Reported to the Vice President of Finance.
- Financial Operations Manager at ForRent.com
- Billing Manager at ForRent Media Solutions
- Credit Representative at ForRent Magazine
- Credit Representative at Egghead Software
3 years at this Job
- BA - Communications
• Review revenue and billing processes to finalize all invoices at month-end period close
• Monthly sales pipeline meeting to help forecast revenue
• Update revenue on the financial model in order to forecast revenue
• Work closely with legal and sales to ensure all issues comply with OH revenue recognition policies
• Maintain deferral schedules for all revenue recognition clients in accordance to GAAP (SOP 97-2, ASC 605, PoC)
• Monthly meetings with project manager's team to validate the project's traction
• Review and validate North America's Total Contact Value with leadership team
• Generate and create reports out of crm to increase productivity
• North American administrator for SugarCRM and Replicon
• Mentor, train and manage the operation's team, globally
• Manage the commercial processes and ensure efficient global communication
• Streamline operation processes and automate reports for senior leadership
• JIRA, Replicon, SugarCRM, Woki
- Financial Operations Manager at Orion Health Inc
- Senior Commercial Analyst at Orion Health Inc
- Senior Revenue Accountant at Charles River Development, Inc
- Revenue Accountant at Charles River Development, Inc
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
Assistant branch manager, partnering with branch manager to ensure polices and regulations are followed correctly. Managing operations of the bank and associates helping connecting with customers about bank products and or services.
- Financial Operations Manager at Bank Of America
- Lead Dental Assistant at Children's Dental Zone
- Key Holder (Management) at Accessorize
- Front Desk Receptionist at Children's Dental Zone
1 year, 8 months at this Job
• Oversee daily business operations of sales agents, field service technicians, admin/accounting and all on-site office/warehouse requirements.
• Monitor financial performance of the company, financial analysis/reporting, prepare/manage budget, financial analysis, payroll, AP/AR, inventory, compliance, month-end close. QuickBooks Online
• Coordinating with multiple factories in China for machine orders, factory changes, customer issues, troubleshooting etc.
• China factory visits in 2018 to discuss machine assembly, quality control, goal setting.
• HR; recruiting, interviewing, onboarding/offboarding.
• Created new processing and reporting procedures; implemented Google Docs/Team Drives, Zoho CRM, Desk and Expense to improve efficiency of business communications/customer requests.
• Inventory; importing, receiving of parts and inventory, customer/dealer shipment of all machinery, parts, tooling. Conducting audits.
- Financial Operations Manager / Controller at NEXTech Machinery Inc
- Operations Manager at GJK Building & Remodeling
- Office Manager at Network Wellness Center of Charlotte
- Relocation Coordinator at Cottingham, Chalk, Hayes Realtors
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
- - NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
• Manage external (Professional Services Group) contracted budgets and financial resource allocations
• Manage internal capital investment portfolios, operational expenditures, and daily financial operations
• Manage and further develop staff of project finance analysts (5)
• Assist in negotiating vendor contracts and agreements with sales team
• Plan and execute strategies that will deliver cost, quality, and service improvement internally to the organization and externally to professional service clientele
• Prepare annual budget for the cloud services, privacy, and cyber security professional services group
• Manage the financial project management lifecycle for quantitative and qualitative projects collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial Operations Manager at Professional Services Group
- Financial Operations Analyst at Dynamic Cyber Advisors
- Communications Intern at Indiana Center for Community Growth
- Media and Production Specialist at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communications Media
- MBA - Business Administration
Manage and support team of 5 employees (3 permanent & 2 contracted ) in order to ensure aggressive monthly targets are met ⋄ Complete SCES headquarters report twice a month on overdue debits and credits ⋄ Support Senior Manager and Director on projects and requests as needed ⋄ Customer contract review for new customers and existing customers when issues arise and proposal of changes are needed ⋄ Work closely with invoice collections teams on credit holds due to overdue chargebacks or credit limit issues ⋄ Hold Conference calls and meetings with logistics, business center, Sales Managers and customers for escalation and prompt resolution of outstanding pending issues ⋄ Closely working with Sales Operations, Sales Managers and Sales Director on THD to resolve pricing chargebacks for validation and dispute ⋄ Escalation of service related return issues and discrepancies with Service Management and 3rd party return warehouses ⋄ Heavily engaged in reconciliation of Home Depot account in all areas and at all levels- invoices, returns and credits ⋄ Escalation of aged/ denied vendor portal disputes ⋄ Validate buyback related post audit deductions ⋄ Reconcile Yearly Deloitte post audit for Programs paid by Samsung to Lowes ⋄ Submit refund requests for overpayments/ credits on the account for customer with no open orders ⋄ Assist with audit inquiries on Home Appliances accounts
- Financial Operations Manager at Samsung Electronics America
- Credit Collections Assistant Manager at Samsung Electronics America
- Credit Collections Analyst II at Samsung Electronics America
- Credit Collections Analyst I at Samsung Electronics America
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelors of Science - Psychology
• Providing day to day leadership to the Financial Operations team of New York State Insurance programs in partnership with the Comptroller of New York State Department of Financial Services.
• Monitor and ensure daily invoice cash application, balance sheet accounts reconciliations, assessment fee calculation and billing per program, deductions, reimbursements, deposits and journal entries are complete and accurate.
• Guiding a team of accounts receivable Associates to ensure the shared services are provided with accuracy as well as timely to support month/quarter/yearend close.
• Approve daily cash position and disbursement funding reports.
• Complete quarterly actual vs projected case cost analysis.
• Project financial lead and process owner of payment capture credit card automation rollout to PCI compliance.
• Primary liaison to internal/ external audit and state examiners.
• Perform timely financial dispute resolutions with vendors and global insurance carriers.
• Update operational workflow procedures to identify and develop process improvement gaps to achieve and sustain optimal efficiencies within mandated state regulations, GAAP, Standard Operating Procedures and SOX compliant.
• Collaborate with domestic/offshore IT team for system conversion and enhancements, billing/ UAT and implementation; Instituted strong audit trails for safeguarding cash receipts via wires, checks, ACH, and credit card remittance.
- Financial Operations Manager at AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION-Headquarters
- Accounting Services Manager-Financial Officer at CHUBB GROUP OF INSURANCE COMPANIES - Headquarters
- at CHUBB GROUP OF INSURANCE COMPANIES - Headquarters
- Supervisor at CHUBB GROUP OF INSURANCE COMPANIES - Headquarters
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Ferguson Structural Movers-dba Hale Built House Raising, LLC - Brick, N.J. June 2016 - February 2019 / Encore House Lifting, LLC - Baton Rouge, L.A. June 2016 - February 2019 Financial & Operations Manager-For Two Companies
Office Manager and Controller for both entities
• Payroll input- PEO (Professional Employer Organization) for both locations
• Manage both company's cash flow and all administration functions
• Quick Books; invoicing, receiving payments, recording deposits, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, journal entries, monthly reporting -managing (balance sheet/P&L for both companies)
• Oversee both company's General Liability/Workers comp insurance
• Responsible for the amortization and entries for the leased and financed vehicles
• Collections on delinquent accounts
• Preparing and filing Liens with the County
• Reconciling and identifying charges to credit card statements
• Handle all permitting documents to clients
• Generate Proposals and bids for potential clients
• Uploading G/L information for accountant
- Financial & Operations Manager at Ferguson Structural Movers
- Payroll Analyst / processor specialist at Barnabas Health Medical Center
- Sr. Housing Advisor/Case Worker/Notary Public at RENEWJERSEYSTRONGER
- Payroll Processor, Senior at LESTER GLENN AUTO GROUP
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Continued Education - Business Management and Public Relations