• Coordinated an office wide implementation program to a new brokerage platform
• Utilized goal based Financial Planning Tool Suite and Morningstar Advisor Workstation
• Responsible for building investment portfolios based on risk measures, client goals and current market trends
• Preformed daily market and product research including stocks, mutual funds, ETF's, and other market instruments
• Analyzed comprehensive financial plans and addressed cash flow shortfalls to maximize the clients likelihood of success
• Managed and maintained personal financial planning relationships for over 200 clients totaling $100 million assets under management
- Financial Planning Analyst at Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc
- Financial Advisor Assistant at Ameriprise Financial Services Inc
- Logistics Crew Member/Delivery Driver at Cherry Republic
- Shipping and Receiving Crew Member at Thirlby Automotive
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
Responsible for preparing financial models and review materials for client meetings
• Gathered client data to prepare materials for financial plan review meetings with clients
• Analyzed insurance needs and prepared options for meeting those needs
• Constructed initial financial models for prospective clients
- Financial Planning Analyst at THE NEXT LEVEL PLANNING GROUP
- Senior Office Manager at GREENHOUSE CO-SCHOOL
- Children's Ministry Assistant at WHEATON BIBLE CHURCH
- Account Manager at CHERRY HILL CENTER
3 months at this Job
- Master of Divinity - TRINITY EVANGELICAL DIVINITY SCHOOLS
• Assist operators in preparation of monthly forecasts and annual plan
• Support dispatch, port operations, and fuel teams with information requests
• Prepare monthly close reports and analyze significant variances in actual expense to forecast and plan
• Prepare financial statements and reports for program operators and finance management
• Recalculate per passenger port expense for every voyage 7 to 14 days prior to sailing.
• Reduced time needed for recalculation of per passenger port expense from one week to two days
• Assist market planning and yield in new program builds
- Senior Financial Planning Analyst at PRINCESS CRUISES
- Staff Accountant at PRINCESS CRUISES
- Staff Auditor at SIMPSON & SIMPSON CPAS
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
OVERLAND PARK, KS 2/2008 TO 9/2018
Wealth Management Firm - Minimum Account Value: $500,000
Office Director/Financial Planning Analyst/Investment Analyst
• During the entire time at Paragon, I efficiently ran all of the back office operations for Paragon, including establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships and management of office administrators and portfolio service specialists. The AUM was approximately $500,000,000.
• Created, documented and established automated work processes, daily reconciliation, quarterly performance reporting, quarterly investment management billing, financial planning, investment analysis, trading and helped maintain that the firm was SEC compliant.
• Successfully, oversaw and completed the data conversion from Paragon's portfolio accounting (Axys) and CRM (Junxure) systems, to Envestnet Tamarac's Advisor CRM System (Microsoft 365), Advisor View System and Advisor Rebalancing System. Total accounts converted approximately 850.
• Completed all areas of the financial planning for the firm including client presentation, and on-going monitoring and updating of financial plans. Educated clients, and their families on long term wealth planning, cash flow budgeting, and managing risk within a portfolio.
• Successfully performed daily, quarterly and annual portfolio reconciliation, portfolio accounting, portfolio billing, and portfolio performance reporting for over 850 investment accounts. This also includes the household composite reporting and foundation composite reporting.
• Placed all trades for the firm, from the individual account level to full block orders. Completed the investment/portfolio rebalancing when needed on individual accounts. Also, managed investment accounts that did not meet the firms' minimum investment requirement. 1|Page
• Worked to ensure investment reporting compliance under GIPS and AIMR (Association for Investment Management and Research) for all SEC requirements. Completed the 13F filing for the firm on a quarterly basis. This also included projections for future company revenues, capital expenditures, gain/loss ratios, cost analysis and accounts payable and receivables.
- Office Director/Financial Planning Analyst/Investment Analyst at PARAGON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC
- Implementation Specialist/ Portfolio Service Manager at ETELLIGENT CONSULTING, INC
- Financial Planning Analyst/Investment Analyst at KHC WEALTH SERVICES
- MARKETING RESEARCH MANAGER at APPLIED MARKETING RESEARCH
10 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master Degree - Sociology & Statistics
- Bachelor Degree - Social Sciences
• Assisting with financial analysis from top level financial to branch level, lines of business, forecasts, and pricing models. Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Providing insight on trends and metrics throughout organization to the Senior Management Team.
• Guiding cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
• Assisting with budget procedures for one or more departments including monthly monitoring of department expenditures and revenues and communicates monitoring status to management.
• Assisting CFO and department heads in the preparation of department budgets and budget materials; reviews and identifies opportunities for improvement in department budget proposals.
• Improving financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Assisting in the development of multiyear forecast estimates for department expenditures and revenues; reviews department key performance indicators.
• Providing support in the budget analysis and assists with special studies that require data compilation; analyzes and interprets information in oral and written presentations.
• effectively recognizing, reconciling and recommending resolution for internal report discrepancies and problems.
• Preparing ad hoc analysis to support the business operations as directed
- Financial Planning Analyst & Accountant at Snelling
- Financial Credit Analyst at G6 Hospitality LLC
- Business Operation Analyst at GrupoBimbo
- Financial Analyst at Greyhound Lines, Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Information Systems - Business Information Systems
Irving, Texas 2012 - Present
Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analyst
Lead and direct financial analysis for the latest business sectors and report directly to Vice President of Financial, Planning and Analysis and Executive Vice President of Business Development. Provide leadership, direction and oversight for multiple projects simultaneously while providing innovative solutions, processes, and system improvements to manage overall business.
· Create, manage and update all pricing and financial projections on any new business opportunities for two departments.
· Through careful analysis, revenue has increased for these two departments from $0 to $55M in six years and margins have improved consistently year over year.
· Assist in the initial financial integration of a new acquisition into the main company.
· Utilize Oracle Essbase and Hyperion to prepare financial modeling and forecasting for monthly, quarterly, annual and multi-year reporting to highlight both near and long-term financials by analyzing historical information, both internal and external that informs the near and long-term corporate strategy, which includes deploying capital in the near term and acquisitions in the long term.
· Develop 5 year outlook for company performance through Hyperion identifying potential allocations for excess capital to be used in acquisitions, organic growth, or company maintenance.
· Create Hyperion Models using historical data from Essbase and Salesforce to identify KPI’s and track departmental performance.
· Create a budgeting process for two lines of business, corporate events and audio-visual, to better predict revenue and margins and fully integrate it into current financial systems.
· Assist in hiring and mentoring two new employees into the finance department.
· Interact with the sales and operations team to consistently increase revenue and margins while providing excellent customer service.
• Built and maintain a budget software that two departments utilize to manage orders and changes throughout the life-cycle of a project that has lead to accurate financial forecasting and reporting.
• Lead an annual plan process for a department that identified estimated revenue, expected operating income, and allocation of capital in a new and fast growing department within the company.
• Participate and recommended the hiring of three new employees, two of which I have mentored throughout their on-boarding within the company.
• An integral part of the winning of new business by providing thorough pricing and budget analysis to ensure market competitiveness and profitability for the company.
- Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analyst at VIAD Corp / Global Experience Specialists (GES)
- Director of Operations / Business Analyst at AGON INVESTMENT & MONUMENTS MEN FOUNDATION
7 years at this Job
- MBA - General
- B.A. - Economics and Finance
• Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business.
• Developed, maintained, and managed detailed project plans with tasks, deliverables, and resource allocation necessary for successful Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation.
• Partner with senior management across all departments for development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Determine which of the company’s products generate the largest portion of its net profit.
- Financial Planning Analyst at George Industries LLC
- at Medinah Country Club
- Financial Advisory Intern at Stifel Nicolaus
- Business Coordinator at SMS-NA LLC
7 months at this Job
- - Finance
• Creating quarterly and yearly dashboards with KPIs for different projects in TM1 and presenting to the Board of Directors
• Assisted in annual budget preparation of $802 million using TM1 budgeting software
• Reconciliation of revenues and expenses between Costpoint and TM1 for all projects to ensure data integrity
• Created financial models for different projects to track budget, expenses, and variances
• Preparation of Adhoc reports using Cognos regarding the budgetary information. Assisted in yearly, quarterly, and monthly closures
• Supporting, providing training events on financial policies, budgeting, and quarterly, yearly reporting for different teams
• Preparation, maintenance and enhancement of client-approved, baseline, forecast and reforecasting budgets in TM1
- Financial Planning Analyst II at FHI
- Financial Analyst at Ally Financial
- Financial Analyst at State of North Carolina
- Financial Analyst at Naropa University
3 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
Manage and maintain ongoing client relationships
● Gather and analyze data to model various planning scenarios
● Supporting the development of financial plans
● Participate in key client meetings and manage any follow-up items
● Buy and sell securities as directed by the lead advisor
● Preparing tax projections for clients to determine proper withholdings or estimated payments
● Provide supporting economic and market research for the firm's Investment Committee
- Financial Planning Analyst/Financial Advisor at Storey & Associates
- Personal Assistant at Lighthouse Wealth Solutions
- Intern at MetLife Premier Client Group of Ohio
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Financial Planning - Financial Planning
+ Serve as primary planning resource for various departments of the organization + Work with Product to develop new features and test core functionality to ensure accuracy of output + Research, diagnose, and resolve cases that have been escalated into the Planning queue + Conduct advanced internal planning training classes for new and tenured customer support staff + Review coding specs to ensure the system is working by design or write up any bugs as needed + Create educational workshops, write internal and external user guides, and write marketing material + Research and write initial pre-specs for new features and write research reports on competitors + Head the Bug Team and prioritize planning-related issues for the development team to resolve
- Financial Planning Analyst at eMoney Advisor
- Email Support Specialist at eMoney Advisor
- Intern at WestPac Wealth Partners
2 years at this Job
- Advanced Certificate
- B.A. - Economics