Forecast revenues, expenses, assets and headcount for the Institutional Equity Division for the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), assess model results for reasonability and apply appropriate adjustments based on economic trends and historical averages.
● Develop and enhance forecasting/budgeting models by performing correlation/regression analysis and studying market trends focusing specifically on cash equity revenue spreads, listed futures, prime brokerage assets and derivatives revenues.
● Significantly reduced the time of CCAR submissions by developing enhanced scenario comparisons and analytics which allow the team to digest and analyze data more efficiently.
● Perform risk assessments to identify business specific weaknesses and utilize findings to develop and quantify idiosyncratic scenarios.
● Present findings and prepare senior management for review and challenge sessions with the CFO.
● Provide career guidance and professional development to direct reports by tailoring feedback and allocating tasks that optimize the strengths of individuals.
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at MORGAN STANLEY
- Exotic Equity Derivatives Finance Manager at MORGAN STANLEY
- Delta One Structured Products Finance Analyst at North America DSP Structures
- Finance Communications Analyst at Morgan Stanley Website
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
Responsible for Finance operations for US business including Budgeting and Forecasting, Management Reporting, Treasury, Credit and Collections, Forex Hedging, Receivables, Payables, Systems Implementation, and Sales Tax filings. · Led Adaptive Insights (budgeting and consolidation software) implementation. · Led the first ever rolling forecast by partnering with various business leaders. · Provide strategic advice to wholesale, retail, e-commerce and supply chain teams on various initiatives and metrics including inventory and customers/vendor profitability analysis. · Managing bank relationships and lines of credit; prepare rolling cash forecast for local and Germany reporting. · Also led accounting operations for 2017 annual close, and now assist in month-end variance analysis, dashboards and KPIs. This includes P&L, cash flow, CAPEX, Headcount and balance sheet.
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at ZWILLING J. A. HENKELS
- Interim Finance Consultant at HARRY'S
- Manager Financial Planning & Analysis at VITALS.COM
- Sr. Manager Budgeting & Financial Analysis at AMPLIFY EDUCATION INC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
• Managing and performing financial planning & analysis for a $152 million revenue budget with an EBITDA of $1.4 million.
• Leading, managing and preparing monthly management financial reports and annual budgets that are presented to the BOD and Executives.
• Introduced and implemented a monthly and quarterly forecast, where the quarterly forecast is presented to the BOD to restate expectations while the monthly forecast is used for measuring operational achievements especially to identify cash impact.
• Built a detailed Free Cash Flow model that is presented monthly to the BOD with a forecasted ending cash balance.
• Built a "bottom-up" 5 year Outlook model that included the monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Free Cash Flow to identify the Cash impact caused by California's minimum wage increase in order to identify the required annual target EBITDA and identifying potential operational efficiencies to achieve the target.
• Built a detailed Personnel model for 3,000 employees that had a 2016 year-end variance against forecast of $26K on a $66 million payroll.
• Achieved a $3.5 million expense reduction by leading the initiative and collaborating with Operational Leaders.
• Built a compensation model to reflect minimum wage and the adjustment for compression for all affected employees.
• Building and presenting business case models to identify Return on Investments for various projects, which included Real Estate Proformas for informed decision making by the Executives.
• Reconfigured the FP&A software, Adaptive Planning to be more dynamic and meet current business needs.
• Analyzing the monthly financials for variances through analysis and providing explanations.
- Budget Manager (Financial Planning and Analysis Manager) at Goodwill Southern California
- FP&A Manager at VARIOUS COMPANIES AND LOCATIONS
- Director of Finance at Five Acres
- Director of Finance at AIDS Healthcare Foundation
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Professional Accounting
- Diploma in Business Management - Business Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting - Accounting
• Build and maintain financial models to support internal decision making for a variety business initiatives (evaluate profitability and create business cases for new products)
• Created and developed a reporting structure and process for revenue and expenses analysis (developed weekly revenue pipeline reports, and monthly expense analysis to understand client performance. Identified opportunities to achieve revenue targets)
• Developed KPIs to measure and monitor departmental performance
• Run in-depth analyses by manipulating, aggregating and analyzing data to identify revenue opportunities, cost drivers, and key levers to improve business performance i.e. ROI, benchmarking of expenses, trend analysis
• Analyze industry trends in the global markets (industries such as fashion, food, technology)
• Created and institutionalized key business metrics to improve efficiency within the FP&A team and enable more client facing time for the Commercial team.
• Report in depth understanding of variances, requiring the combination of cross-platform information: including SalesForce, NetSuite, and Adaptive (Monthly, year-to-date, and annual variance analysis)
• Provide supporting documentation for the forecast, business reviews, and annual budget process ensuring accurate, timely, and efficient execution. Produce business review package.
• Deliver effective and timely ad hoc business analysis at the direction or request of others on the management team.
• Supervise and mentor one Financial Analyst and one intern
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at NPD
- Financial Planning and Analysis Senior Analyst at JetBlue
- at JetBlue
- Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst at JetBlue
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Create project plan and oversee 2019 budgeting process for $75M in operational expenses, including payroll, and capital expenses for multiple lines of business.
• Perform monthly variance reporting, as well as quarterly forecasts for multiple lines of business and identify opportunities for improvement to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Host monthly financial performance reviews, quarterly forecasting reviews, and semi-annual business reviews with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Simplify and standardized several processes across lines of business, including processing of payroll, forecasting, budgeting, and client reporting. Implement SOP template and tracker for all Finance, Accounting & AP processes.
• Lead and develop high performance FP&A team to provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, provide effective performance assessments based on goals, and establishing developmental plans.
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Jones Lang LaSalle
- Finance Manager at Jones Lang LaSalle
- Investment Valuation Analyst at Guggenheim Investments
- Analyst at JPMorgan Chase & Co., Commercial Term Lending, Special Credits Group
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance and Economics
Built a finance team for a rapidly growing E-Commerce furniture manufacturer. Implemented financial processes and discipline to the organization to focus on managed growth which resulted in margin and profitability improvements. Implemented a data warehouse to help improve data based decisions. Successfully implemented the first zero based budget for 2018. Implemented 5-year strategic plan process and board reporting to develop a growth strategy. Implemented contribution margin analytics by customer that helped develop a pricing strategy which enabled the company to improve net margins by 5% in less than two months.
• Created financial reporting package for Board of Directors
• Developed 5 year plan methodology that included a financial model used to project Revenue by Customer by Category, COGS by Category, Operating Expenses with associated Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Projections
• Served as "Pricing Master" for the company by managing all SKU's including landed cost, new SKUs and price variances
• Developed costing analysis by SKU to review the cost of labor, raw materials for offshore manufacturing facilities. Overall results of this analysis resulted in decentralization of manufacturing to more locations resulting in decreased COGS.
• Executed short and long term financial strategies to reach corporate goals
• Designed and implemented incentive program to support improved sales culture
• Developed multiple business intelligence capabilities with the organization to help harness the power of the ERP System and to develop Executive Dashboard Reporting
• Recipient of Innovation award due to development of numerous process efficiencies that changed the way executives managed the business.
• Employee of the month in for development of Contribution Margin Analytics and implementation of new business intelligence capabilities,
• Implementation of 13 Week Cash Flow reporting and analysis
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Abbyson Living
- Corporate Controller/Director of Finance at CBC Federal Credit Union
- US Land Operations Finance Manager at Weatherford International
- Financial Consultant/Lead Financial Analyst at Healthnet, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Management and Finance
• Responsible for the entire budgeting process at company level.
• Deployment of a new tool (Adaptive) as an official budgeting tool.
• Oversee investments of headcount.
• Forecasting and rolling re-assessments.
• Create ad hoc reporting needs for various company stakeholders.
• Conducts financial modeling to analyze and determine the financial impact of recommended action plans. Highlights issues and may recommend alternative courses of action based on results of the analysis.
• Prepares accurate and timely financial reports for assigned team(s) to support marketing priorities. Supports forecasting and budget development processes. Consolidates, reconciles, validates and obtains clarification of financial information from multiple sources to develop forecasts and budgets.
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Watchguard at
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Bsquare
- Finance Associate Manager at Accenture
- Sr. Financial Specialist CFM (Client Financial Management) at Accenture
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - (BBA), Business Management (Finance & Accounting)
Manage and maintain the creation of monthly/quarterly/yearly P&L's alongside reporting package for P&L owners
● Automate financial and sales report dashboards, saving the FP&A department over 96 hours a week, including month-end reporting for private equity owners
● Develop a dynamic business intelligence tool for users to query data warehouse efficiently and more timely
● Create and present "Best-In-Class" models highlighting $30M in potential savings from salary and wage reductions
● Build statistical models to measure and optimize variables affecting a locations EBITDA
● Partner with IT department, acting as liaison for implementation of Tableau
● Produce sales and warehouse dashboard
● Supervise and mentor analysts in writing SQL and model building
● Manage team and interns with running financial reports
- Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at PSAV
- Inventory Manager at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Senior Buyer at S.W. Anderson
- International Purchasing Agent at Shamrock International Fasteners
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science degree - International Business
- Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at KEANE GROUP, INC
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis at KEANE GROUP, INC
- Senior Corporate Accountant at WILLBROS US HOLDINGS, INC
- A/P Analyst at WILLBROS US HOLDINGS, INC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Budgeting, forecasting and deep analysis across business lines that scale from small clubs to global tours
• Implements analytical approaches to drive ticket and ancillary revenues while mitigating operational expenses
• Supports all departments of promotion company, including talent buying, operations, sponsorship, ticketing, and marketing in gleaning insights from data
• Creates weekly, monthly and annual financial reports of performance to date and projected performance
• Guides entertainment venue construction budgets from inception to completion
• Builds pro-formas and provides guidance to principals for prospective new business opportunities
- Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at The Bowery Presents
- Finance Manager at The Bowery Presents
- Senior Staff Accountant at LIVE NATION
- Staff Accountant at LIVE NATION
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Analytics & Information Management
- BA - Communication