• Prepare and review quarterly and annual financial statements including review of footnotes in accordance with SEC regulations and U.S. GAAP
• Prepare and review work papers and documentary evidence developed in support of SEC filings
• Research and interpret regulatory reporting requirements and accounting pronouncements
• Supervise the XBRL detail-tagging process; including reviewing and selecting tags to ensure XBRL tagging is accurately presented
• Review analysts' reports for accuracy, completeness, and disclosures in support of financial statement footnotes
• Identify, analyze, and research account variances and provide and discuss details, analysis, and trends with management
• Process monthly journal entries and perform monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate records
• Work with other departments including Investor Relations and engineers to ensure production values, reserve estimates, and well counts are accurately presented in SEC filings
• Review and analyze documentation for leasehold acquisitions and divestments including purchase and sale agreements and lease assignments
• Participate in preparation and review of documents and supporting analysis for debt offerings
• Utilize Enertia accounting software as well WDesk financial reporting software
• Assisted in preparation of the acquisition of Resolute Energy in early 2019 and bringing Resolute on to our books
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at Cimarex Energy Co
- Experienced Associate - Assurance at Ernst & Young
- Accounting Associate at Tech Terrace Real Estate
- Internship - Assurance at Ernst & Young
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Prepared and filed the quarterly and annual reports (Form 10-K, and Form 10-Q) in accordance with U.S.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC Regulations.
• Prepared Financial Statements, Footnotes, MD&A, and all other disclosures.
• Processed all draft changes received from auditors, and/or attorneys
• Ability to analyze and clearly present recommendations to resolve any reporting issues with the executive team, auditors and other advisors.
• Oversaw all aspects of financial reporting for the Beijing, and Shanghai offices
• Often used Ad-Hoc reporting in preparation of the Foreign Currency Translation Method
• Recorded all CTA (cumulative translation adjustments) on the consolidated income statement to reflect the day to day fluctuations caused by foreign currency translation
• Worked within a team on the preparation of the Form S-1 Registration Statement risk factor disclosures.
- SEC FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT at AF Ocean Investment Management Company
- BUSINESS MANAGER at WAVE, LLC
- PAYROLL IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST at Automation Sciences Inc
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Point person for development of new Accounting system software between end user performance and SAP financial recording. Balancing between multiple data warehouses currently in development to ensure financial accuracy across multiple end-user platforms.
• Collects, organizes, analyzes, and evaluates complex financial and statistical data and other related information; completes quantitative and qualitative reviews, and prepares required internal and external records, reports, statistics, financial statements, and analysis.
• Liaison between business units and IT for financial reporting out of balances and reporting needs. Assists IT with query builds and extractions.
• Automation where necessary using data modeling tools such as Access, SQL, VBA, Business Objects, Teradata, etc.
• Prepare GAAP and Statutory journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts in SAP and Blackline software.
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Business Objects
- at Aflac Group Insurance
- Financial Analyst at
- Operations Analyst at
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Accounting
• Prepare, analyze and perform accounting and reporting in accordance with corporate directives, statutory accounting principles and generally accepted accounting principles to ensure timeliness of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and their supporting schedules delivered to the Board of Directors, senior management, alliance partners, internal/external auditors and regulatory agencies.
• Review/approve departmental journal entries, coordinate with related departments to prepare accurate and timely financial statements and narratives and complete/review and approve account reconciliations.
• Provide support to internal/external auditors, promptly responding to inquiries, gathering material data, preparing schedules and financial statements, and implementing suggested practices with regard to improved processes.
• Provide guidance to team/outside departments and Senior Manager regarding development, design/modification of new/existing processes and controls.
• Assist in the selection, hiring, management, development and training of all financial reporting personnel and act as a liaison between senior management and Financial Reporting to ensure dissemination of information and necessary cooperative action.
• Develop and maintain job documentation/ procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of job assignments while allowing for proper cross training. Implement requirements of the NAIC Model Audit Rule for all process documentation.
• Balance recoverable claim activity, external and internal reinsurance business and coordinate the input into the company general ledger system with outside administrative systems and areas.
• Interact / lead projects with other operating departments/ management to define current procedures, research alternatives and develop efficiencies.
• Demonstrate core competencies to include: decision quality and timeliness, problem solving, initiative, personal responsibility, quality relationships with team members, upper management and outside departments, focus on members/customers, deliver on commitments and continuous self-development leading to promotions within department.
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at AAA Life Insurance Company
- Financial Reporting Analyst at American Community Mutual Insurance Company
- Benefit Billing Administrator / Travel Financial Analyst at AAA Michigan
- Account Billing Supervisor at Waste Management
14 years, 1 month at this Job
- Diploma - Insurance
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
nages accumulation, preparation, and reporting of financial and statistical data
• Provides financial information to management by researching, analyzing & summarizing accounting data & trends
• Prepares entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Prepares and maintains reports for financial management
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
• Gathers and analyzes information from the general ledger system and from departments
• Perform comprehensive variance analysis and determine cause for significant variances
• Works with staff in other departments to coordinate related task or to help with educating staff
nages accumulation, preparation, and reporting of financial and statistical data
- Financial Reporting Accountant at INTEGRIS Health
- Assistant Controller at SARATOGA ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION
- Staff Accountant at KOHNER PROPERTIES, INC
- Payroll Clerk at KOHNER PROPERTIES, INC
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science - Business Administration
• Assist in reviewing financial statements for regulatory reporting and SEC filings for correctness
• Perform monthly journal entries for accruals and amortizations
• Fixed asset accounting- capitalize assets and record depreciation
• Reconcile multiple accounts to ensure timely month end processing
• Assist with audits by researching and preparing documents
• Assist SVP of Finance and Accounting with projects as needed
- SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT at EQUITY BANK
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER at EQUITY BANK
- ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT at MID AMERICAN CREDIT UNION
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMIN W - ACCOUNTING
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - BUSINESS ADMIN
• Recorded and reported all investment activity for all three multi-billion dollar funds
• Prepared and presented quarterly and annual financial statements and schedules for board approval
• Implemented and developed reports within a new financial reporting software to increase efficiency in reporting
• Prepared annual tax returns for the four subsidiary companies
• Managed the scheduling and company interaction with the internal and external audit teams
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at Security Mutual Life Insurance Co of NY
- Accounting Manager at Amphenol Interconnect Products
- Associate at Sbarra & Company CPA'S, P.C
- Junior Accountant at Maines Paper and Food Service, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Ensured accuracy in creating journal entries, for monthly Financial Statements, for 61 clients
• Ensured accruals accuracy in complying with GAAP policies from period start to period closing
• Responsible for accurately researching and resolving general ledger, A/P and A/R accounts
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Sentry Management Inc
- Contract Accounting Specialist at Siemens
- Accountant at University of Central FL
- Accounts Payable Analyst at Faneuil Inc
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting - Accounting
• Prepared monthly journal entries as needed which include monthly adjusting entries, accruals, payroll and fringe.
• Responsible for monthly & year-end close processes and preparation of financial statements.
• Ensured account reconciliations were timely, accurately prepared, reviewed and all variances were resolved, including credit card and bank reconciliations.
• Performed variance analysis and meet monthly with Finance team to discuss variances.
• Assisted with ensuring compliance by departments with finance policies and procedures. Worked with the Finance Director to rewrite the policy and procedures for the company.
• Produced standard and ad-hoc financial reports from the Accounting System for the Finance Board on a monthly basis.
• Supported audit process by preparing PBC assigned items, schedules, while responding to audit inquiries in a timely manner
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Community Transportation Association of America
- Accountant/Auditor II at Montgomery County
- Senior Accountant at Maxcyte, Inc
- Senior Accountant at The Links Foundation, Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Management Science-Accounting
• Merchandise analysis
• Bank account analysis
• Aging accounts receivable analysis
• Quarterly financial statement package preparation for executives
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc.
- Staff Accountant II at Boiling Point Group
- Ads Quality Rater for Google at ZeroChaos
- Accounting Intern, at Philip Chang CPA
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management Science, Accounting