• Financial Reporting Accountant, Finance Department
• Reconcile daily incoming and outgoing payments from card brands. (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
• Assist with month and year closing procedures.
• Assist other departments with financial reports such as reconciliation, ACH rejects, chargebacks and ACH holds.
• Prepare monthly status and profitability reports such as sales volume, attrition report, profitability report, Open and Closed Accounts.
- Financial Reporting Accountant, Finance Department at CREDOMATIC OF FLORIDA
- Receptionist, cashier at SPITZER AUTO WORLD
- Night-shift manager, Employee at SABOR TROPICAL SUPER MARKET
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Accounting and business management
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
-Prepared internal and external reporting including financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A’s. -Identified and analyzed account variances and discussed details, analysis, and trends with executive leadership to ensure upper management is knowledgeable of financial status. -Assisted in the preparation and management of both the 10-Q and 10-K. -Ensured accessibility, traceability, and accuracy of documents within the 10-Q and 10-K. -Maintained a relationship with external auditors to ensure precision and accuracy.
- Financial Reporting Accountant at American National Insurance Company
- Tax Associate at Biggskofford, P.C.
- Fixed Asset Accountant at City of Gunnison
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Business Marketing
• Prepared and checked semi-annual and year-end SEC financial statements and footnotes; including research, resolving discrepancies, and putting together work papers.
• Collaborated with other departments including Fund Valuation, Fund Treasury and Legal in preparing Financial Statements.
• Worked with auditors to provide support in the form of invoices, bank statements, client contracts, and emails.
• Performed analytical support to the fund group, including calculations of SEC standardized yields, expenses and distribution rates for the funds.
• Streamlined Financial Reporting process by creating personal templates using multiple platforms and resulted in greater accuracy and shorter reviewing time.
• Completes quarterly/annual SEC filing activities and financial statements, including preparation of US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklist, for internal and external users.
• Collects and analyzes financial data to ensure all reporting is within compliance pursuant to the SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines.
• Liaison between management and financial reporting department regarding changes to accounting rules and regulations.
• Prepare SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and NSAR). Actively communicates with finance, in-house counsel, operations management and executive team to ensure SEC filing information is accurate, in compliance with all regulations, and prepared well in advance of relevant deadlines.
• Participate in Control Testing.
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Invesco
- Corporate Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst at RMS Inc/Walter Investment
- Financial Analyst at RMS Inc/Walter Investment
- Financial Reporting Accountant/Financial Analyst at UniFirst Corp
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Corporate Finance
• Preparation and submission of all SEC regulatory reports by regulation deadlines;
• Aid in preparing FDIC call reports and the Federal Reserve regulatory reports (Y-6, Y-8, Y-9, and Y-10) as well as all other regulatory reporting and requests for financial information;
• Responds to follow-up questions on the regulatory filings and audit examinations;
• Prepares the financial reports and calculations to be used in the monthly executive reporting and board packages;
• Prepares various financial tables and financial information use in the earnings press release;
• Respond to ad hoc data requests from external sources such as the US Census and analysts requests for information.
- Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant at Hancock Whitney Bank
- Financial Services Senior Auditor at Ernst & Young
- Financial Services Staff Auditor at Ernst & Young
- Assurance Intern at Grant Thornton LLP
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
• Perform month-end close responsibilities and financial reporting accurately which includes entry of standard, complex and sensitive entries, account reconciliations and month end reporting
• Prepare and provide financial statement preparation and analysis with variance to plan and forecast
• Standardize and streamline process efficiencies and identify and drive continuous improvement in reporting and analytics
- Financial Reporting Accountant (Contract Work) at Electrolux
- Senior Accountant (Contract Work) at Mountain Air Cargo
- Senior Accountant at Delhaize America
- Supervisor, Reconciliation at Paychex Inc
2 months at this Job
- M.S. in Accounting - Accounting
- M.S. in Strategic Leadership - Strategic Leadership
- B.S. in Organizational Management - Organizational Management
• Month end, quarter end and year end close process
• General ledger account reconciliations
• Journal entries, allocations entries
• Assist with external audit and preparation of financial statement footnotes
• Fixed asset accounting
• Standard costing
• Inter-company accounts payable
• Streamline processes to create efficiency and increase productivity, drive continuous improvement
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Mortenson Construction
- at Mortenson Construction
- at Mortenson Construction
- Tax/Payroll Accountant at Transport Labor Contract Leasing, Inc
8 years at this Job
- Certificate in Accounting
• Created a cost allocation model using excel macros to allocate entity-wide direct, indirect, and blended costs.
• Responsible for monthly reconciliation, consolidation, and fluctuation analysis of US and UK closing trial balances.
• Prepared monthly business review of payables forecasting and analysis for management. Resulted in improved reporting skills.
• Support cash management and optimization of all Halcyon-related entities. Totaling $11 billion in AUM and 60+ bank accounts.
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Halcyon Capital Management
- FinTech Accounting Associate at Pearl Capital, LLC
- Audit Associate | Corporate Consolidation | NYSE at Ernst & Young, LLP
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - BA, Accounting
Processed the Premium Tax Accounting of 50 States ARCOA and Repwest Insurance Company. Performed the month end close process and variance analysis, monthly journal entries, month end accruals and reconciliation, internal and external reporting and providing project support where appropriate. *Filling up the forms and paying Premium Tax of each 50 state in timely manners and meeting the due dates of each state. Performed all the accounting duties such as requesting checks or paid on line, create journal entries and create procedures and notes of each state. *Prepared various reports for use by both internal and external departments on a monthly/ quarterly basis. * Performed the timely completion and review of assigned accounts. Determine that the activity has been properly recorded and communicate to management by preparing a month-to-month variance analysis. * Review assigned accounts daily, weekly and monthly for unusual or incorrect entries throughout the month and report any error to the appropriate manager so that the discrepancies will be resolved timely. * Complete assigned reconciliation's and clear all outstanding items on a timely basis.
- Financial Reporting Accountant, Premium Tax at Repwest Insurance Company
19 years, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMMERCE - accounting
• Audited nine years of data, saving homeowner association over $20,000 annually
• Led Board of Directors (BOD) meetings
• Corrected 109 bank reconciliations and financial statements
• Found and corrected unrecorded revenue and unapproved write-offs which was against policy
• Prepared year-end work papers for tax accountant
- Financial Reporting Accountant & Auditor of Financial Statements at Homeowners Association
- Contract Accountant at Jan's Uniforms - contract - minimal hours
- Interim Project, Payroll Accounting Manager at Robert Half Staffing
- Interim Project, Accounting Excel Specialist at Randstad Staffing
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Accountancy with a Specialization of Taxation
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at Hancock Whitney Bank
1 year, 4 months at this Job