Prepare journal entries, account and bank reconciliations. Prepare annual and quarterly statement for filing with department of insurance. Review and make necessary corrections to weekly and monthly reports for Lloyds of London. Prepare and pay quarterly reinsurance billings to external customers. Work on special projects including, but not limited to, weekly forecast presentation, chart of accounts conversion, and measures and targets analysis. For Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Agency, prepare journal entries, account and bank reconciliations as well as financial statements. Also process accounts broker commissions payable.
- Financial Reporting Accountant II at Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company
- Accounting Consultant at Presentation Academy
- Cash Control/Billing Bookkeeper at Louisville Regional Airport Authority
- Accounting Specialist at Neace Lukens
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Merchandise analysis
• Bank account analysis
• Aging accounts receivable analysis
• Quarterly financial statement package preparation for executives
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc.
- Staff Accountant II at Boiling Point Group
- Ads Quality Rater for Google at ZeroChaos
- Accounting Intern, at Philip Chang CPA
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management Science, Accounting
Prepare and post journal entries for assigned locations. Attach appropriate support for the journal entry and sign and date all journal entries when completed. Accrue appropriate expenses for all assigned locations. Reconcile all balance sheet accounts for assigned locations within the designated time frame. Maintain appropriate support for all balances. Prepare monthly variance analysis on assigned locations. Communicate variances found to appropriate individuals. Prepare monthly JV packets on assigned locations. Ensure that reconciling items are monitored and are resolved no later than 90 days. Some exceptions to this may exist with Medicare AR and unapplied cash. All others should be resolved. Respond appropriately and timely to Operations regarding financial statement questions.
Prepare and post journal entries for assigned locations. Attach appropriate support for the journal entry and sign and date all journal entries when completed.
Accrue appropriate expenses for all assigned locations.
Reconcile all balance sheet accounts for assigned locations within the designated time frame. Maintain appropriate support for all balances.
Prepare monthly variance analysis on assigned locations. Communicate variances found to appropriate individuals.
Prepare monthly JV packets on assigned locations.
Ensure that reconciling items are monitored and are resolved no later than 90 days. Some exceptions to this may exist with Medicare AR and unapplied cash. All others should be resolved.
Respond appropriately and timely to Operations regarding financial statement questions.
- Financial Reporting Accountant at LHC Group
- Revenue Cycle Supervisor at LHC Group
- Revenue Cycle Cash Posting Specialist at LHC Group
- Material Handler at FMC Technologies Inc
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for clients
• Work closely with Treasury, AP, JIB, and Revenue departments to meet client deadlines
• Calculate amortization, depreciation, depletion and asset retirement obligations
• Reconcile balance sheet and subledger accounts
• Review and approve journal entries prepared by staff accountant
• Prepare debt covenant compliance schedules
• Perform variance and trend analysis for estimates and actuals
• Advise clients in complex financial matters including asset sales and acquisitions
• Directly involved with accounting system conversion and historical data import for new clients
• Manage GAAP and JV audits by providing schedules and answers for all auditor inquiries
- Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant at Opportune, LP
- Financial Reporting Accountant at
3 years, 5 months at this Job
Lead of SEC Financial Reporting and Internal Management Reporting. In charge of the coordination, completeness and accuracy of all GAAP financial deliverables and in-depth analysis of results to executive management and external auditors.
• Streamline reporting process by automating reports to increase report accuracy and allocate labor hours to more in-depth analysis
• Workiva Implementation - Assisted in the coordination of a new reporting software for all public and internal reports to provide reporting consistency throughout the financial reporting department
• Fulfilled external audit requests by working and coordinating closely with various departments
• Developed materiality thresholds for 13 month trend analytics to ensure internal control demands from internal audit
• Prepared and documented numerous footnotes for 10-Q and 10-K filing
• Provided the Audit Committee slides for quarterly audit committee meetings
• Primary reviewer of our 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, XBRL & Proxy to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Assisted in the implementation of all adopted FASB Accounting Standard Updates affecting external filings
• Lead a team of 5 accountants to perform internal and external filings
• In charge of delivering quarterly Board of Directors Report, Finance summaries, 13-month trends with analytics and the monthly consolidated earnings report
- SEC SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT/INTERNAL MANAGEMENT REPORTING LEAD at American National Insurance Company
- SEC STAFF FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT/CASH MANAGEMENT LEAD at American National Insurance Company
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - ACCOUNTING
• Prepares financial information for the annual updates to the funds' registration statements ("N1-A's-Prospectuses) in addition to any subsequent filings. This financial information includes: Fee tables, expense examples, advisor compensation, yield information and financial disclosures for the Statement of Additional Information.
• Uses advanced knowledge of computer applications (i.e. FundSuite, Fundstation, etc.) to develop new approaches in electronic tasks to improve efficiencies and quality of work products.
• Performs peer reviews of work performed by co-workers and assists in training processes.
• Serves as mentor to other staff by providing guidance on technical development and other research issues.
• Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of the overall structure of a mutual fund as well as the management company and the related companies and other third parties that provide services to the mutual fund.
• Coordinates communication with Assistant Managers on staff related issues/concerns.
• Evaluates and identifies departmental procedures for applicability and appropriateness.
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at Invesco Ltd
- Financial Reporting Accountant II at Invesco Ltd
- Financial Reporting Intern/Financial Reporting Accountant I at Invesco Ltd
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in Corporate Finance - Corporate Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and tying-out all financial information, cash flow statement, intangible and tangible roll forwards, and the majority of footnotes for quarterly (10-Q) and yearly (10-K) financials under US GAAP and IFRS. Providing supports to press release, earning releases, and related conference call scripts, and various presentations to external parties. Responsible for preparing other statutory financial reports filing in various international jurisdictions under IFRS and Dutch GAAP Standards. Performing technical accounting research and providing business guidance on matters involving significant judgment or complex application of US GAAP and IFRS, including the preparation of technical accounting memos. Reviewing accruals and related general entries in SAP and work as a liaise with other corporate departments and field units on financial reporting and accounting issues. Achievements:
• Helped to reduce 10-K filling period from more than 120 days to 60 days and consistently met all other SEC-related deadlines for the last 36 months.
• Played a pivotal role to prepare IPO related documents (S1 for IPO, S4 for SPAC) before consummating a SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) deal and successfully listing on NASDAQ in 2017.
• Helped to consummate a business combination deal with Jamaican Sagicor Group's five hotels in 2018.
• Helped to implement ASC 606 and prepared a technical memo.
• Populated most of the operating leases to LeaseQuery for the preparation of implementing ASC 842.
• Helped to make the decision to change the ERP system to SAP.
• Worked with SAP ERP implementation team by providing the chart of accounts and walking them through the consolidation process.
• Helped to remediate one of the two SOX related deficiencies in 2018.
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at Playa Hotels & Resorts
- Senior Accountant at Kaseya
- at Kaseya
- Accountant at Kaseya
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Bachelor in Science - Accounting
• Determined purchase and equity accounting for M&A targets with purchase prices ranging from $30M - $350M.
• Performed due diligence over target companies and identified material adjustments to purchase price.
• Presented diligence accounting findings and recommended actions through regular functional meetings.
• Collaborated with departments ranging from corporate development, legal, marketing, etc. in assessing targets.
• Reviewed detailed purchase contracts, researched issues, and summarized accounting conclusions in formal memos.
• Defended conclusions, maintained supporting schedules, and tracked subsequent activity for regular audits.
• Partnered with revenue accounting teams to locate and analyze 50+ material revenue contracts for ASC 606.
• Worked alongside corporate accounting teams to interpret and execute new lease accounting under ASC 842.
• Led the global quarterly contract review function for 15+ discrete entities to ensure proper accounting.
• Regularly detailed accounting conclusions over technical issues in complex leases, PPE disposals, and stock comp.
• Assessed information over non-routine transactions through regular meetings with international accounting teams.
• Aided SEC and Investor Relations teams to ensure complex events were reported accurately to various stakeholders.
• Reconciled and performed tie outs of non-routine schedules and disclosures and prevented material omissions.
• Tracked FASB issued and proposed announcements on a regular basis and summarized impacts to management.
• Performed FAS5 investigative procedures with various departments to collect, track, and estimate commitments.
• Coordinated with EY and PwC Transaction Advisory and Diligence teams on M&A and one-off transactions.
• Identified operating and reporting units, assessed FP&A PFI information, and evaluated goodwill for impairment.
• Prepared and reviewed complex Oracle entries including activity such as equity pushdown to legal entities.
- Senior Financial Reporting Accountant at Expedia
- Assurance Senior Associate | Assurance Staff at EY
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration (Accountancy)
Oversee the daily activities of general ledger accounting and financial reporting for Epic Management, with over $100M in annual revenue, and multiple medical group clients. Collaborate with staff and management to ensure accurate representation of financial statements in a timely manner. * Forecast accurate monthly revenue and expense accruals, and conduct indirect cost accounting for Epic and its clients. * Prepare expeditiously monthly financial statements and budget variance analysis for EPIC and several affiliates. * Maintain close relations and communications with management to develop specific and detailed reports for analysis. * Facilitate annual audit preparation including creation of easy to understand account schedules, and attend in-person meetings with auditors to discuss documentation and answer questions. * Successfully acted as business lead to develop and coordinate testing plan for the organization's time clock system upgrade that impacted over 1,200 employees. * Currently acting as a key staff member for a new complex organizational project that requires detailed expense tracking and reporting for senior management.
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Epic Management
- General Compliance Specialist at EPIC Management, LP
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business-Finance Emphasis
- Bachelor's - Business (4.0 GPA)
• Prepare CAFR and Budget Book
• Assist the finance director with investments and bond transactions
• Prepare general ledger entries
• Audit accounts receivable records
• Perform accounts payable/receivable procedures
• Train new accounts payable/receivable clerks
• Handle travel expenses for city employees
• Reconcile expense and revenues for district recycling center
• Track local tax distribution from NAICS
• Perform monthly & yearly closing duties
- BUDGETING & FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT at CITY OF HOT SPRINGS
- TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at DIAMOND LAKES FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- MONITOR TECHNICIAN - ICU at HOT SPRING COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
- FLORAL DESIGNER at A POCKET FULL OF POSIES
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELORS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Accounting