Wakefield, MA 2015 - 2019 American Dental Partners is a leading provider of practice management services, capital, systems and support staff to dental group practices across the country. Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
• Responsible for the creation and delivery of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operational reporting to senior management.
• Trained and supported healthcare managers and operations managers on planning and forecasting their revenue, expenses and capital in Cognos.
• Responsible for maintaining the standard planning and forecasting models.
• Reviewed, interpreted and analyzed the financial performance of each group to identify plan variances and collaborated with management to find resources and opportunities to address financial shortfalls.
• Developed a new automated Report Distribution system so that operations managers can analyze their financial data for each practice in their region.
• Worked with vendors to implement a new Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Tool to centralize the company's financial data from one single source.
• Implemented leaderboard and scorecard reports to measure key performance indicators of the business for each region using our new business intelligence tools.
• Developed new dashboard reports so that managers can analyze the most important key drivers of their business such as doctor hours and compensation, appointment data, utilization, and new patients.
• Worked to troubleshoot system errors, update business rules, and modify processes used to load financial data.
• Worked with team members to select a vendor for a new Forecast, Planning and Analytics system on the cloud environment.
• Participated in monthly operational meetings and yearly plan review meetings and provided guidance and support to operations and financial managers.
• Interacted with market development team to assess the viability of major capital expenditure projects.
• System administrator and business owner for Cognos Planning Analytics (TM1) system.
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at American Dental Partners
- Financial Reporting Analyst and Planning Analytics (TM1) Developer at EMD SERONO
- Financial Software Consultant at QUEBIT
- Senior Systems Consultant at JOHN HANCOCK FINANCIAL SERVICE
4 years at this Job
- MA in Mathematics - Teaching Fellow
- BS in Mathematics & Computer Science - Mathematics & Computer Science
- - Programming and Software Engineering
- - PL1, JCL, and TSO
Nonprofit organization providing innovative services supporting children, youth, young adults, and families to heal from trauma and lead healthier, productive lives; fiscal 2017 revenues of approximately $32,000,000 and over 450 employees
SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST, 2010 to 2019
• Eliminated auditor-identified internal control deficiencies
• Brought balance sheet account reconciliations up-to-date
• Top-level scan of balance sheet account balances for reasonableness
• Prepared external annual consolidated financial statements, support for three audits and Form 990s, Federal and other grant reports, and various census returns
• County cost and grant reporting, debt compliance reporting, A/R aging analysis
• Due diligence and reporting related to acquisition, and to construction and permanent financing, including monthly budget to actual analyses for Finance Committee of the Board
• Balance sheet and income statement budgeting, including cash flow forecasting
• Preparation, review and approval of journal entries
• Review and supervision of temps and staff, including serving as backup for Accounting Manager
• Managed the company's insurance coverages and Workers Comp audits
• Draft new policies and procedures and update and improve existing ones
- SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST at Fred Finch Youth Center
- CPA at State of California
- ACCOUNTING LECTURER, PART-TIME, Summer Quarters at California State University, Department of Accounting and Finance
- FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER at Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc
9 years at this Job
- MBA - Accounting and auditing research
- BS - English
• Assist with the preparation of periodic SEC filings, including Forms 10Q and 10K
• Complete financial statement analysis geared toward identifying trends and one-off reporting items and understanding fluctuations and unusual variances
• Support Manager of Financial Reporting and CAO in researching various accounting and reporting issues
• Coordinate efforts with external auditors and internal audit function
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation
- Assurance Senior at Ernst & Young
- at Assurance Staff
- Budget Office Assistant at Duquesne University
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting
• Prepare necessary reports needed to complete regulatory filings, which includes annual and semiannual shareholders reports, Form N-CSR, Form N-Q and 24F-2 as required for mutual funds.
• Continually develop an understanding of rules and regulations governing financial statement presentation and regulatory filings.
• Interact with Fund Controllers and Fund Accounting to insure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of financial data.
• Work with Financial Reporting Manager to implement new regulatory pronouncements related to the required disclosures as required in regulatory reporting of mutual funds. This includes standardization of these policies for all clients.
• Assist in answering and researching questions during audits with Financial Reporting Manager and Fund Controllers.
• Support Fund Controllers on various projects and reports as needed.
• Prepare financial data for ad-hoc financial and analytical requests.
• Train and teach new analysts and supervisors on ALPS preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Alps, A DST Company
- Portfolio Accountant at Great-West Life Insurance Co
- Fund Accountant, Pricing Analyst at Oppenheimer Funds, Inc
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Ensures that Corporate Resource Group and business unit financial results, activity and data is recorded accurately in accordance with accounting, finance, and regulatory principles. Supporting the overall function through significant involvement in the financial close process, cash collections and reporting of financial results. Financial Reporting Responsibilities
● Financial Close: Actively involved in the financial close process ◌ Preparing calculations, gathering and reconciling key source data ◌ Making all necessary journal entries including accruals, allocations, and reclassifications
● Controls: Prepares general ledger account reconciliations ◌ Maintains and keeps current key process documentation ◌ Assists in the preparation of audit and regulatory requests
● Financial Reporting: Generates reports during the financial close ◌ Assists in the preparation of the executive financial close package ◌ Assists in the preparation of BFG dashboard presentation
● Cash Receipts: Analyzes and prepares journal entries for all lockbox activity along with other checks and wires received ◌ Monitoring system functionality
● Leases: Performs all necessary activities to capture and process transactions ◌ Ensuring required entries have been recorded and accounts reconciled ◌ Prepares schedules and provides information to Tax, Facilities and Business Units
● Special Projects: Participated in key team-wide and department-wide initiatives to improve overall performance and support strategic initiatives
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Robert W. Baird
- Finance Analyst Floater at Robert W. Baird - Finance
- Client Reporting Specialist at Robert W. Baird
- Fee Based and Performance Reporting Intern at Robert W. Baird
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.B.A. in Finance - Finance
Preparation of SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8K and 11-K with an emphasis on the Management Discussion and Analysis section of Forms
10-K and 10-Q. Also led the process of XBRL tagging using Workiva (cloud-based reporting solution).
• Provided management with monthly Management Report which highlighted the current month and year-to-date financial performance.
• Coordinated with external auditors to complete their quarterly review and annual audit, specifically providing explanations of significant changes in financial statement line items.
• Managed the accounting for share-based compensation including a transition from restricted stock awards to restricted stock units.
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Idaho Power Company
- Controller at KTVB News Group
- Financial Reporting Accountant at Con-way, Inc
- Senior Accountant at CareOregon, Inc
5 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
• Developed and implemented consolidated financial models to increase accuracy and efficiency of accounting and reporting by 15%.
• Conducted monthly and quarterly financial reports,including journal entries, accruals, account reclassification, expense budgeting and forecasting, and Hyperion-based variance analysis.
• Participated in external and internal audit projects, including Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
• Maintained relationship Thomistic Group, TBWA agencies, and international affiliates and communicated with each entity about its financial activities.
• Collected international agency leadership data and created a comprehensive leadership report for executive management.
- Financial Reporting Analyst at TBWA/WORLDWIDE
- Investment Banking Analyst Intern at Capstone Headwaters
- Business Consultant - Practicum at Build-A-Bear Inc
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Corporate Finance and Investment
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- None - International Business
Payroll Audit Support Oct. 16'-Aug. 18'
• Prepare monthly overall reporting package on revenue
• Audit and validate data to ensure accuracy
• Assist with dashboards and metrics used by management
• Provide timely ad hoc report requests by senior management
• Investigate and interpret various complex issues within accounting and finance
• Communicate with various departments regarding reporting needs and issues
• Work within the Financial Planning and Analysis team as well as with Accounting
• Other duties as assigned
• Assist with new business setup audits
• Assist with new business year-to-date pay history reconciliation
• Completing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly tax and compliance audits
• Review system generated audits and follow up to resolution
• Assisted with special departmental projects as needed
• Provide timely feedback to coworkers regarding different audit specifications
• Conducted interdepartmental meetings to increase efficiency
• Filed quarterly tax returns for multiple states
Payroll Audit Support Oct. 16'-Aug. 18'
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Kelly and Associates
- Tax Accountant/Bookkeeper at Robert A. Kean & Associates
9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
• Responsible for correspondence with multiple States to meet business reporting objectives.
• Prepare and analyze multiple company close responsibilities, including researching and explaining in detail any variance in the flux report.
• Responsible for preparing and analyzing multiple pages such as: Schedule P, Page 11, and Schedule T, and Schedule F for the annual statement.
• Prepare and analyze multiple account reconciliations.
• Teach and lead interns and rotational accountants in a variety of different tasks to complete.
• Book monthly journal entries including accruals and true ups.
• Prepare and analyze payments for multiple state assessment and charges, as well as check for reasonableness.
• Prepare and analyze the company wide advertising expense analysis, as well as book entries to reclassify expenses.
• Perform a multitude of medium to complex accounting and financial reporting duties.
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Progressive Insurance
- Treasury Accountant at Progressive Insurance
- Intern at Wealth Health, LLC
- Lifeguard/Front Desk at University Hospital Avon Health Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administartion - Accounting
• Prepare monthly reporting for Senior Management and key stakeholders e.g. investors, lenders, JV partners, etc. that include financial statements, analysis of key business trends, and actual vs budget analysis.
• Prepare and analyze operating results, cash flows and balance sheets at all levels of the organization on actuals versus budget and forecast expectations. Provide meaningful analysis of trends, variances and key metrics for executive management.
• Prepare weekly flash reporting and monthly operating reporting. Prepare other financial data gathering and analysis as requested to produce timely ad hoc information relevant to internal and external user's needs.
• Reconcile and explain reporting differences across various audience perspectives such as management reporting, budget reporting, and GAAP reporting.
• Perform other financial data gathering and analysis so as to produce timely ad hoc information relevant to internal and external user's needs and requests.
• Participate in month end close to prepare revenue data and analysis for monthly revenue recognition.
• Analyze work flow to enhance operating efficiency.
• Provide explanations and recommendations of the subject matter.
• Participate in cross-functional business projects and perform ad hoc analysis as required.
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at Emerus Holdings
- Senior Financial Analyst at Legal & General America
- Experienced Tax Associate- Asset Management at PwC- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Staff Accountant at FirstBank Insurance Agency
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BBA - Accounting