Role included reviewing work performed by the Investment Reporting Analyst as well as preparing the same for the following:
• Performance Reporting
• Adhoc requests
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at Great-West Financial
- Financial Analyst at MetLife Group
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree of Accountancy - Accountancy
Westbury, NY March 2009 - November 2018
Largest thrift bank in the nation with over $50 billion in assets
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst/Vice President of Financial Reporting
• Supervised and monitored the daily activities and accounting functions of 2 direct reports within the accounting department
• Responsible for the review of certain monthly journal entries that are posted to the general ledger system
• Reviewed general ledger account reconciliations to identify differences between general ledger balances and core systems and make corrections as necessary
• Prepared general ledger account analysis on a monthly basis to identify and explain variances that meet threshold set by management.
• Act as a liaison between internal/external auditors and bank regulators (FRB & FDIC), for all requests, explanations and clarification on supporting documentation
• Create, modify and maintain general ledger reports that support the needs of the financial reporting department
• Responsible for the review of financial statements and board slides for monthly management meetings, as well as various press release, 10-Q and 10-K schedules
• Assisted in creating and developing the policy and procedures for all functions within the financial reporting department
• Revised and streamlined inefficient weekly Federal Reserve filings by automating the workflow process, importing the general ledger directly into excel, eliminating the risk of error and reducing time to prepare
• Ensure spreadsheet controls are effective for all spreadsheets in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines and that the End-User computing policy adhere to internal control policies and procedures
• Significantly enhanced and improved the quarterly FDIC Call Report process by integrating new vendor software into the current software to ensure data integrity, which also reduced preparation time and increased accuracy
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst/Vice President at New York Community Bancorp
- Finance Manager at First Data Corp
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at Roslyn Savings Bank
- Auditor/Accountant at Spector, Rothenberg & Co., CPA's
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Support team to produce monthly flash report, projections, GAAP financial package, EVA reporting for internal management accounting/compensation incentives, retail loan and leases portfolio analysis, SAS and Tableau projects, creation of scheduled and ad hoc reporting, special projects geared towards process improvements including sourcing data efficiently and using macros and dashboards to optimize presentation and understanding
- Senior Financial (Reporting) Analyst at JM Family Enterprises/World Omni
- Senior Pricing Analyst at
- Senior Treasury Analyst at
- Business Liaison at
3 years at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelors in Accounting - Management Info. Systems
• Prepare monthly overall reporting
• Prepare quarterly overall reporting
• Prepare annual financial reporting
• Audit and validate data to ensure accuracy
• Assist with dashboards and metrics used by management
• Other duties as assigned
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Kelly & Associates Insurance Group
- Payroll Audit Support at Kelly and Associates
- Manager at Razorbacks Raw Bar & Grill
- Tax Accountant/Bookkeeper at Robert A. Kean & Associates
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
Current responsibilities include:
• Month end reporting and balancing
• General AR tasks Payment posting Collections supervision Account cleanup
• Provide general assistance in finance department to CFO Promoted from Supply Chain Analyst September 2018. Prior responsibilities include the following:
• Create work orders
• Process purchase orders and receiving
• Conduct daily inventory counts
• Analyze inventory and recommend solutions for cash cycle optimization
• Provide general assistance in accounting department I was promoted from Finance Analyst in September 2017. Prior responsibilities included:
• Billing and sorting of customer invoices
• Conduct collection calls, taking notes and following up as necessary
• Process and post payments
• Provide support on DSO figures for supervisor
• Maintain and update proper work instructions Awarded Employee of the Month: February 2017 January 2018
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Eastern Oil Company
- Accounting Assistant at KUKA Assembly & Test
- Marketing & Administrative Support at Grand Blanc Motorcars
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA - Business Administration
• Responsible for correspondence with multiple States to meet business reporting objectives.
• Prepare and analyze multiple company close responsibilities, including researching and explaining in detail any variance in the flux report.
• Responsible for preparing and analyzing multiple pages such as: Schedule P, Page 11, and Schedule T, and Schedule F for the annual statement.
• Prepare and analyze multiple account reconciliations.
• Teach and lead interns and rotational accountants in a variety of different tasks to complete.
• Book monthly journal entries including accruals and true ups.
• Prepare and analyze payments for multiple state assessment and charges, as well as check for reasonableness.
• Prepare and analyze the company wide advertising expense analysis, as well as book entries to reclassify expenses.
• Perfrom a multitude of medium to complex accounting and financial reporting duties.
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Progressive Insurance
- Treasury Accountant at Progressive Insurance
- Intern at Wealth Health, LLC
- Lifeguard/Front Desk at University Hospital Avon Health Center
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administartion - Accounting
Responsibilities and accomplishments include:
• Manage workflow and reporting for US Services quota, revenue and account assignments
• Automated reporting processes from manual Excel reports to direct query Power BI reports
• Build financial models and query data to assist sales leadership with budgeting
• Developed and maintained process for modeling key compensation metrics
• Collect, analyze and reconcile quantitative data queries for revenue reporting
• Partner with sales, IT and finance teams to improve Microsoft tools and processes
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Microsoft
- Senior Analyst at PFM Financial Advisors LLC
- Accounting Instructor at Spokane Neighborhood Action Program
- Fiscal Coordinator at Washington State University
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BA - Accounting
• Prepare necessary reports needed to complete regulatory filings, which includes annual and semiannual shareholders reports, Form N-CSR, Form N-Q and 24F-2 as required for mutual funds.
• Continually develop an understanding of rules and regulations governing financial statement presentation and regulatory filings.
• Interact with Fund Controllers and Fund Accounting to insure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of financial data.
• Work with Financial Reporting Manager to implement new regulatory pronouncements related to the required disclosures as required in regulatory reporting of mutual funds. This includes standardization of these policies for all clients.
• Assist in answering and researching questions during audits with Financial Reporting Manager and Fund Controllers.
• Support Fund Controllers on various projects and reports as needed.
• Prepare financial data for ad-hoc financial and analytical requests.
• Train and teach new analysts and supervisors on ALPS preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Alps, A DST Company
- Portfolio Accountant at Great-West Life Insurance Co
- Fund Accountant, Pricing Analyst at Oppenheimer Funds, Inc
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
1. Managed reporting of financial information using MS Excel, HFM, and MS PowerPoint 2. Partnered with finance associates to understand variances related to financial results 3. Performed analysis, reconciled accounts and recorded various accounting transactions 4. Facilitated manual posting of cash and Electronic Bank Statement monitoring
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at MSC Industrial Direct
- Senior Accounting and Financial Systems Analyst at Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated
- Senior Business Metrics Analyst at TIAA-CREF
- Financial Consultant at Wells Fargo
5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - finance and technology management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Perform monthly closing activities (consolidating journal entries, rollforward preparation, research accounting issues)
• Prepare 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (comparative financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, etc.)
• Prepare quarterly press releases
• Prepare Board of Directors communications (operational, P&L, and balance sheet analysis)
• Assist in quarterly review and annual external audit support (prepare schedules, answer auditor questions, etc.)
• Accounting policy research, support, and implementation
• Managing ASC 842 lease conversion for Financial Reporting team
• Assist SOX Compliance team with SOX 404 testing
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Sonic Automotive, Inc
- Audit Associate at CohnReznick, LLP
- Audit Intern at CohnReznick, LLP
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting