France) Corporate Controller and FP&A Manager (worldwide sales of $1.3bn): - Key contributions to management accounts (actuals+reforecast, budget, BP). Management of Impairment Tests process (shared with Divisions) and Business Plan updates; Rollforward of Cost of Debt and financial covenants; - Key contributions to management accounts (actuals+reforecast, budget, BP). Management of Impairment Tests - Corporate Governance: Preparation of Board Committees (Audit, Budget, Strategic); Management of Rating Agencies and support to Investor Relations Dptmt (Press Releases); FP&A Manager of several Group Functions; - Group Financial Restructuring: under CH11 / Safeguard proceedings, managed Group Cash Flow Forecasts by pools and cash collateral weekly reporting to creditors (13-Week Cash Forecast), regularly updating the Board. At Acquisition Division level (worldwide sales of $300m): Preparation of Performance Reviews and Executive Management Committees.
- Financial Reporting Manager at Compagnie Générale de Géophysique
- Financial Reporting Manager at Compagnie Générale de Géophysique
- Financial Controller at EALA BU
- Corporate Internal Auditor at CGG, Massy (France)
3 years at this Job
- Master of Financial Management - Business
Financial Reporting Manager Fidelity Investments, LLC Budget and financial modeling for future grants and hypothetical measurements Complex financial modeling with Excel, Hyperion and Oracle Business Intelligence Answer corporate questions on Expense, Dilution, Disclosure and DTA Train clients on creation, use and modification of OBIEE financial reporting platform Manage large data sets and reconciliation of variances in financial reports Administrative expertise in Salesforce with data management and reporting Stock Plan Services / Executive Services/ Control and Restricted Securities Fidelity Investments, LLC Resolve complex issues working with all levels of business partners Financial planning and implementation of detailed financial plans Modification of financial plans to coincide with new tax law legislation Provides cross functional sales support for retail and institutional clients Fixed income trader. Provides guidance and sales support for RO's with bond ladders and individual bonds Provides guidance and explanations on complex taxable implications of equity compensation Provide assistance setting up 10b (5)-1 plans for participants Work with corporate plan administrators on specific options exercise issues and resolutions Expert in compliance with equity regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley and Dodd Frank Proofing financial plans and making necessary adjustments before implementing Senior Trader Fidelity Investments, LLC Provided trade approval for trades in excess of 500K and or 50 contracts Handled escalated calls making appropriate risk and judgment decisions Obtained experience dealing with a wide variety of investment products and solutions Responsible for assisting customers with an understanding of investment options and solutions Discussed and executed options strategies such as roll outs, spreads and straddles Commissioner Manchester Golf Matches Association Started, developed and maintain an active golf association. Manage and oversight of budget and annual financial reports Created and maintain Facebook group page for members Promote, run and participate in local amateur golf tournaments for local golfers Maintain and monitor participants' handicaps with accordance to USGA specifications
- Financial Reporting Manager at Fidelity
at this Job
- M.S. - Accounting and Finance
- B.A. - International Economics
- License - Expired
- Certificate in Financial Planning
Supervise 2 direct reports who are responsible for investment and other accounting functions.
• Financial reporting (including, but not limited to CAFR, PAFR, GASB 68, GASB 75 reports)
• Conduct technical research regarding accounting and financial reporting
• Work with fund managers on NAV, stale pricing, accounting issues
• Assist with facilitating external audits
• Assist with evaluating and with maintaining internal controls
• Project management
- Financial Reporting Manager at Arizona State Retirement System
- Decision Support Analyst at Central Maine Medical Center
- Assistant Controller at Emera Maine
- Lead Financial Analyst at Iberdrola USA
1 year at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant
• Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Accounting and Housing grant programs. Provide oversight for twenty entities including accounts payable, account receivable, commercial billing, inter-company accounting, cash management / reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items), maintenance of accounting records, and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and controls. Perform analysis of cash flows for twenty entities, fixed assets, investments, and produce monthly financial statements to Leadership team, and syndicators. On an annual basis, work with the Leadership team and staff to develop a $60 million revenue budget. Oversee the annual audit process working with external auditors and complete Agency grant reporting including necessary statewide and local grant reporting.
• Developed policies and procedures to improve efficiencies of the accounting department resulting in improved employee productivity, cost savings, and ability to close faster and smarter.
• Coordinates and oversees the Sarbanes Oxley activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties.
• Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
• Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This currently entails a real-time review of each instrument order and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
• Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
• Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
• Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
• Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting
• requirements continue to be met.
• Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
• Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
• Directly manage responsibility of the following: General Accountants, Accounts Payable/Receivable Supervisor, and Bookkeepers.
• Conduct staff cross training and new hire training. Created policy and procedure manuals for each finance positions. Financial Reporting Manager
• Build and retain a strong team by hiring, developing and motivating skilled professionals.
• Establish vision and develop strategic plans that introduce new capability of efficiency.
• Manage and train accounting staff on procedures that are designed to improve accuracy and efficiency.
• Manage over twenty entities and over one hundred business banking accounts.
• Prepare financial statements for all manage entities and schedules (prepaid, accruals, loans, fixed assets & depreciation).
• Provide monthly and quarterly financial reports of syndicators.
• Review accounts receivable and payable monthly for accuracy.
• Maintain general ledger, ensure accuracy of various corporations' financial reports.
• Analyze and reconcile the asset, liability, and expense accounts for accuracy.
• Reconcile bank accounts and rent rolls.
• Conduct yearly audit with outside Accounting Firms.
• Maintain budget to actual reports and actual expense report for condo association.
• Prepare monthly income and expenditure report for Michigan State Housing Development Authority
• Prepare monthly financial statement and reports for HUD
- Director of Accounting / Financial Reporting Manager at Southwest Solutions
- Property Accountant at Sanders Investment Group
- Accountant/Auditor/ Assisted Controller at Robert Half Company
- Senior Accountant at White Glove Cleaning Concepts, LLC
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Enterprise Financial Reporting
• As part of the HPE spin-off, I hired five finance analysts and built the Management Reporting team from the ground-up to support the financial reporting needs of the executive management, Investor Relations and SEC reporting team. I worked closely with my team on training and preparedness to ensure we were ready to meet the demands and challenges for spin-off and post separation reporting. My team's responsibilities have included - - Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of HP's consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules in accordance with GAAP. - Preparing monthly and quarterly reporting package used by CFO, Corporate Controller, Investor Relations and SEC Reporting to prepare earnings release materials and Form 10-Q/10-K. This also includes co-ordinating and reviews with the regional controllerships teams, Corporate FP&A and other teams within EFR to produce some of the schedules for the reporting package. - Driving improvements in internal/management reporting (including trended financials and metrics) to continue to facilitate decision making by senior management. - Performing the Balance Sheet Review on a quarterly basis to ensure there are no material misstatements or misrepresentation within HPE's consolidated Balance Sheet.
• Engaging with PWC to review and signoff on Carve-Out reporting for the spin-off of HPE, Everett and Seattle companies.
• Supported the spin-merge filing disclosures, Form 10 and Form S4 for Everett and Seattle.
• Performing the Balance Sheet Review on a quarterly basis to ensure there are no material misstatements or misrepresentation within HPE's consolidated Balance Sheet.
• Review and sign-off on the PP&E and Capex schedules for preparation of the Statement of Cash Flows.
• Coordinate with the FP&A teams (segments and corporate) to prepare the Five Day Estimate (FDE) P&L to support analysis for the delta of actuals versus Flash, as well as to support the quarterly bonus calculation and accrual process for the company.
- Financial Reporting Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Lead Finance Analyst, Midstream and Well Sites at BHP Billiton Petroleum
- Lead Financial Analyst at Hewlett-Packard Company
- at Hewlett-Packard Company
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Analyze and summarize financial data at year end from State of Georgia (State) organizations to prepare the financial statements and footnotes of the following published reports: Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), Budgetary Compliance Report (BCR) and Single Audit Report (SAR)
• Communicate with multiple State agencies and address auditor concerns as needed to solve discrepancies and meet hard deadlines
• Review and compile the cash and investment note of over 100 entities within the State CAFR including investment disclosures such as interest rate risk and credit ratings, and fair value levels using audited reports and other sources
• Lead cash and investment trainings and assist staff to reconcile any differences
• Prepare and load submitted forms into Hyperion using Smartview; prepare appropriate trial balances for GAAP
• Research and implement new GASB statements
• Synched financial data for reporting and publishing purposes using Workiva (Wdesk)
- Financial Reporting Manager/Analyst at State Accounting Office
- Grant Accountant Supervisor at GA Department of Human Services (DHS)
- at GA Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Grant Accountant III at GA Department of Human Services (DHS)
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
* Preparation and review of SEC filings including quarterly form 10-Q and annual forms 10-K and 11-K and preparation of related disclosure checklists. * Monthly reconciliation of investment in subsidiary and equity accounts and preparation of the monthly elimination entries. * Preparation of financial statements and footnotes for 401(k) plan, other retirement plans, and statutory audits. * Review of form 5500 for 401(k) plan. * Coordinating with auditors (Ernst & Young, Weaver) as part of annual audit and quarterly reviews of consolidated financial statements, annual audit of 401(k) plans, and annual statutory audits. * Preparation of quarterly stock compensation entries and support using reports from ETrade. Overseeing all stock compensation accounting issues and preparation of footnotes. * Preparation of quarterly press release for investors. * Overseeing purchase accounting for acquisitions by both domestic and international ledgers including goodwill and other intangible accounting, coordination of valuation work for large acquisitions, and other various issues related to acquisitions and disposals. * Preparation of goodwill impairment testing related to annual test and multiple reorganizations of business units including calculations of discounted cash flows, book value, and coordination of third-party calculation of WACC for each reporting unit. * Preparation of quarterly schedules for the treasury department including long-term debt, interest accrual/expense and equity rollforwards. * Preparation of goodwill and other intangible rollforwards and other quarterly schedules related to purchase accounting and the cash flow statement.
- Corporate Financial Reporting Manager at NATIONAL OILWELL VARCO
- Tax Manager at GBH CPAS
- Audit Manager at Spain, Price, Reader and Thompson
- Manager at Curtis Blakely & Company
10 months at this Job
- Master of Professional Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
OTC: PROM - a well-established global advertising-tech company with annual revenue of around $100 million)
• Responsible for the company's SEC financial reporting obligations which includes but not limited to the Company's quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K financial statements and XBRL tagging
• Responsible for the monthly and quarterly financial reports to the Company's Lenders
• Responsible for the company's stock-based compensation accounting, which includes mark-to-market adjustments and Black-Scholes valuation.
• Leads the month end close process
• Performs technical accounting research and writes technical memos regarding complicated accounting issues
• Functions as the main contact for external tax accountants and auditors
• Supervises and reviews work performed by staff regarding audit and tax PBC requests Achievements:
• Reduced the month end close process from 10 to 7 days
• Oversaw the purchase accounting for an M&A transaction and the debt modification/extinguishment accounting for the Company's refinance of its term loan
• Ensured the company's revenue recognition methods complied with ASC 606
- Financial Reporting Manager at Propel Media
- Senior Staff Accountant at ABC CPAs Public Accounting Firm
3 years at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant in CA
• Prepare, review and file two annual Form 10-K's, two quarterly Form 10-Q's as well as one quarterly Form 8-K and quarterly corporate earnings release with the SEC.
• Prepare and review a quarterly analytics package for senior management and external auditors.
• Filing of legal entity bank reporting and preparation of quarterly analyst call information. This includes the preparation of scripts, presentations and Q&A's, along with any other ancillary information to assist top levels of management (including CEO and CFO) in preparation for conference calls with analysts.
• Provide timely advice regarding SEC/FASB reporting issues and assist with corporate implementation. This involves extensive technical research and benchmarking regarding new accounting standards and/or accounting issues.
• Research and draft or review technical position papers for senior management and external auditors as issues are identified.
• Coordinate with the Legal, Treasury, and Public Relations Departments for other SEC filings and debt refinancings (144A, 8-K, S-4).
• Interface with Company's executive management, external public accountants, internal accounting, treasury, planning and analysis, and legal departments on an as needed basis.
• Manage Sarbanes Oxley compliance for Financial Reporting controls assessment and remediation.
• Supervise and coach staff and senior accountants.
• Provide leadership in the development and improvement of the Company's global accounting policy and procedures.
- Financial Reporting, Manager at Toys "R" Us
- Audit Manager at EISNERAMPER
- Audit Senior at EISNERAMPER
- Audit Staff at EISNERAMPER
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
• Preparation of year-end external audit schedules
• Compiling analytics for year-end financial reporting
• Preparation of comprehensive annual financial report(s) (CAFR)
• Verified accuracy of footnote disclosures
• Tested crosswalk to new Microsoft Dynamics 365 system
• Tested and documented Grant Accounting procedures
• Reconciled fund balances
- Interim Financial Reporting Manager at McHenry County
- Accounting Supervisor at Regal Beloit of America, Inc
- Consultant Finance & Development at Kincaid & Associates
- Senior Financial Analyst at Primex, Inc
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Undergraduate
- Graduate degree