Serves a dual role as the Financial Reporting Manager and also Accounting Manager for both the Men's Models and the Talent Divisions
• Oversee monthly financial close process
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for investors of modeling agency.
• Interact closely with investors, the CEO and directors of the various modeling boards.
• Create annual budgets and budget variance analyses.
• Supervise two bookkeepers who process the agency's A/R, A/P and payroll.
• Work with outside CPA firm to prepare partnership tax returns.
• Establish processes and internal controls.
• Served as the Finance Department point person for IT projects such as the conversion of the model scheduling and billing system to a cloud based system that is integrated with QuickBooks.
• Responsible for statutory tax filings.
- Financial Reporting Manager at ONE MODEL MANAGEMENT LLC
- Assistant Controller at NORTHEASTERN AVIATION CORP
- Director of Finance at COMVERSE TECHNOLOGY, INC
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Manage General Ledger closing processes for MUFG Bank U.S. Branches (4 legal entities).
• Oversee a staff of six accounting professionals in preparation of timely and accurate statutory financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Japanese GAAP for the parent company in Tokyo, and management reports for the Board of Directors.
• Collaborate with FP&A to report monthly financial highlights and variances to senior executives in the Americas; identify and analyze key performance metrics and business trends for the budgeting and forecasting process.
• Manage on-going control assessments of the governance and oversight framework to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. Liaise with both internal and external auditors on SOX compliance.
• Restructured and integrated the Bank’s ledger system to Oracle General Ledger with enhanced clarity of the Chart of Accounts. Improved month-end closing process, resulting in a 25% reduction in required closing time.
• Redesigned spreadsheet model for combined financial results of MUFG Bank and subsidiaries, while decreasing turnaround time by 33%.
• Developed and implemented quality assurance processes to improve accuracy of financial reports, while minimizing errors to less than 1%.
• Streamlined financial reporting processes to improve efficiency and launched analytical report packages for senior management and Board of Directors, accelerating the variance commentaries to the fourth business day of every month.
• Re-engineered financial operations and engaged offshore resources to achieve corporate cost savings and reduce staffing costs by 25%.
• Assisted in the implementation of the Bank’s Fund Transfer Pricing programs in Oracle Financial Services Analytical Application (OFSAA) and development of enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
• Recruited, mentored, and directed a core team of professionals with minimal turnover rate. Established succession plan to support and develop talent within the team. Led the development of operational procedures for better learning and cross-training opportunities.
• Researched and performed strategic analysis on new product lines to ensure proper accounting treatment. Established and maintained accounting policies and procedures for the GAAP financial reports.
• Effectively managed annual audit engagement, regulatory examination, internal, and risk audit. No material weaknesses noted by the auditors or regulators in the last four years.
- Director/Financial Reporting Manager at MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC.
- Assistant Vice President at THE BANK OF NEW YORK COMPANY, INC.
- Senior Accountant at GRANT THORNTON
- Staff Accountant at PRICE WATERHOUSE
20 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
• Responsible for preparing Financial Reporting monthly and quarterly package with explanation.
• Full responsibility of corporate books with hands on involvement in the month end process.
• Maintain Fixed Assets and post Depreciation in Anaplan software.
• Monthly Bank and Balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Financial Reporting Manager at Polaris Financial Staffing Corporation
- Consultant - Various Projects at
- Senior Accountant at
- Senior Accountant at
2 months at this Job
- Masters - Accounting
- B.S. - Accounting
Manage staff of 5 including Accounting / Accounts Payable / Cashier positions & work closely with other
Accounting Managers (Payroll / Budget & Reimbursement).
• Assist in preparing monthly and yearly financial reports with the Director of Finance.
• Respond to inquiries from the CFO, Senior VP Finance, Director of Finance and other managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
• Project Manager for ADP Enhanced Scheduler.
• Monitor and analyze department workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Maintain collection of Other Than Patient Receivables on a monthly basis.
• Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including month and year end close.
• Provide Montefiore Administration with financial data as requested.
• Advise Montefiore Shared Services with the automation of manual accounting tasks.
- Financial Reporting Manager at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital/Montefiore Shared Services
- Accountant II at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
- Staff Accountant at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
- Production Technician at IBM
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Public Accounting
- BBA in Accounting - Accounting
• Ensure accurate preparation and validation of monthly, and year-end financials for units and organization.
• Validation and reconciliation of GL and Sub. GL Accounts to ensure compliance with financial groupings.
• Account analysis, budgetary analysis to foster financial compliance.
• Journal entries, Accounts reconciliations to ensure that accurate and prompt accounting entries are made.
• Investigate financial and other variances and issues, to ensure compliance with organizational financial goals.
• Make correction and reclassification entries, where submissions are found to have been erroneous after posting.
• Monitor and control organizational and departmental, ensuring that allocated estimates are spent as projected, and transfers are made within the budget periods if the need for such fund transfers become necessary.
• Lead and supervise the Financial Reporting team.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER at AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HEMATOLOGY
- Director / Chairman - Committee on Audit at THE INITIATES PLC
- Elections Operations Judge at
- CEO AND LEAD CONSULTANT at AROMAG CONSULT
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Management
- Master's - Management
- PhD - Management
- MBA - Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma - Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor's - Accounting and Business
• Process all necessary documents, reports and filings for Financial Securities clients who, because of the capital expenditure needed, are completed by various State Street Mutual Fund departments
• Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
• Supervise accounting issue identification and resolve in limited time.
• Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
• Perform continuous assessment of the all processes within my department
• Hold regular training classes to evaluate groups current knowledge and update new changes
• Grade employees on work performance, and interview new candidates as needed.
- Financial Reporting Manager at STATE STREET CORP
- Retail Store Manager (Sporting Goods) at COURTS SPORTING GOODS
25 years, 9 months at this Job
- BSBA - Accounting
• Manage one staff accountant, one senior accountant, and one accounting supervisor.
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure that all information needed for internal and external reporting is received in a timely manner.
• Oversee the consolidation process, including review of foreign currency translations and understanding International Financial Reporting Standards to U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) adjustments.
• Review and approve all consolidation close and post close entries.
• Review Oracle financial statements and monthly internal reporting packages for flux analyses.
• Review other quarterly and annual stand-alone financial statements.
• Review tie out of monthly packages, reports, and investor presentations prepared by the Financial Planning & Analysis group
• Prepare the consolidated cash flow statements and related supplemental information.
• Review quarterly and annual reports in Workiva for completeness, accuracy, compliance within the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and GAAP requirements, and internal consistency.
• Ensure all comments submitted by reviewers of reports have been appropriately addressed and incorporated, as applicable.
• Review SEC and GAAP compliance checklists completed by the Senior Accountants.
• Stay current on SEC and GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
• Coordinate and provide support to internal and external auditors.
• Prepare Board of Directors slides and debt covenant calculations and support.
• Assist the Director of Financial Reporting with technical accounting research and documentation, as needed.
• Assist the Director of Financial Reporting with ad hoc requests.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for internal financial reporting tools.
• Support the Director of Financial Reporting with process improvement initiatives.
• Mentor, support, and train the Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, and Supervisor.
• Complete all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
• Adhere to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Part of the Hyperion Financial Management project implementation team.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Oversee and manage one accounting staff.
- Financial Reporting Manager at Diamond Resort
- Global Financial Reporting Manager at Scientific Games
- Accounting Supervisor at Diamond Resorts International
- Senior General Ledger Accountant at Scientific Games
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration and Finance
Responsible for the day to day activities of groups of closed block insurance policies as well as the financial reporting close process. Monitor and review staff accountants' workload and monthly cash flows to ensure compliance with statutory accounting principles; including consistency across all blocks of business. Established templates to allow for the timely completion of complex bank reconciliations; including transparent documentation of reconciling items to be corrected. Complete the necessary research and accounting to properly record mergers/acquisitions. Implement process improvements to expedite the financial close and propose/monitor internal controls over financial reporting
• Compile and substantiate experience refunds requested by agents to supporting documentation; review signed agreements to ensure calculations correct
• Complete quarterly and annual statutory financial statements and all related disclosures
• Implemented new financial reporting process that included establishing general ledger balances for reserves and accruals
• Compile the audited financial statement package and supporting documentation to be provided to the external auditors
- Financial Reporting Manager at Unified Life Insurance Company
- Senior Accountant at Swiss Re
- Cochran Head at Vick & Company
- Assistant Manager at Fowler Bus Company
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
• Manage the financial reporting for franchise group --including creating all financial statements (P&L/BS/CF), scoreboards and payroll administration
• Lead financial analysis; reviewing key KPI's, net margin results, actual/plan variances, researching drivers and presenting analysis monthly to senior leadership
• Manage analytics and business intelligence reporting; create ad hoc modeling for finance and HR
• Key player in implementation of new financial system
• Leader in developing and reporting on budgets for all departments; monthly/QTR forecasting and bank covenant calculations
• Create quarterly Board of Directors reporting package, strategic planning meeting presentations including financial/budget analysis, SWOT analysis and project reporting
• Create profitability and new store opening models, analytical reports and provide on-going staff training in analytics tools including excel training
• Provide leadership and support for ad hoc projects, troubleshooting and root cause analysis; support and mentor employees
- Financial Reporting Manager at Ashley HomeStores
- Financial Modeling Manager - Projects at SNI Companies
- Finance Manager - USA at Samskip Logistics - US Subsidiary of Icelandic/Dutch Logistics Company
- District Finance Manager - East at Great Lakes & Central US Districts
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA
- BS - Molecular Biology
- Master's - Policy
• HFM and SAP Financial Reporting ◦ Establish consistency across the globe of all Transfer Media product line profit and loss statements ◦ Produce and analyze Global Transfer Media profit and loss financial statements by region ◦ Monthly working capital reporting and analysis ◦ Capital spend, discretionary spend, and restructuring project spend reporting ◦ Other Ad Hoc requests from Group and Divisional management
• Sales and Contribution Reporting ◦ Produce user friendly reports that capture true profitability by region, destination, product, market segment, and customer including all levels of ICO profit ◦ Establish consistency across the globe for all product, market segment and customer master data ◦ Contribution margin, product margin, and EBITDA reporting ◦ Capture selling price, cost of sales components and contribution per unit ◦ Comparisons to budget, prior year and forecast ◦ Reconciliation to HFM, SAP, Adage and all other sub-systems
• Management and Peer Interaction ◦ Resource to global Transfer Media management in all regions and all departments ◦ Participate in monthly operating and business development meetings ◦ Liaison between Transfer Media management team and regional finance and operating units ◦ Coordinate financial reporting work streams.
• Quarterly Operating Reviews & Budgeting ◦ Support reporting needs for the monthly / quarterly review meetings ◦ Support reporting needs for quarterly forecasts and preparation of the annual budget
• Process Improvement / Internal Controls ◦ Divisional Liaison for implementing new software applications ◦ Headcount Reporting ◦ Monthly Dashboards ◦ Oversee Local Authority Approval Matrix and workflows ◦ Review / approve Customer Rebates ◦ Transfer Price Analysis & Implementation ◦ Oversee financial close tasks and reporting ◦ Lead the coordination of all monthly, forecast, and budget inputs into Corporate reporting systems
- Global Financial Reporting Manager at Flint Group
- Sr. Financial Analyst - Div at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Financial Analyst at ArvinMeritor
- Lead Financial Analyst at S. Florida Water Mgmt
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration