Act as supervisor at emergencies inside our response area in absence of Fire Chief. Respond to Fire and emergencies in Southern Black Hills.
- Assistant Fire Chief at Custer Highlands Volunteer Fire Dept.
- Correctional Officer at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Responsibilities: Performs professional work, managing the Operations Division of the Fire & EMS Department. Duties include management of fire and EMS operations, serving as the liaison with the Martinsville Volunteer Fire Company, coordinating/instructing in-house fire and EMS training, and coordinating/instructing high school EMS programs. Although new or unusual problems may be referred to the Fire Chief for advice and assistance, work is ordinarily performed independently according to accepted principles and practices. Work involves performing the duties of the Fire Chief in the latter’s absence and as delegated. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Fire Chief and is reviewed through conferences and reports. Direct supervision is exercised over the Assistant Fire Chiefs, volunteers, instructors, and relief personnel. Accomplishments: I was hired on January 1, 2000, as a Firefighter Paramedic. In June of 2002 I was promoted to EMS Coordinator. Four years later, in July of 2006, I was promoted to my current position as Deputy Fire Chief. I also served as Interim Fire Chief for six months in 2007. During my 16 year tenure with the department I have: Been awarded the Lifesaving Award 4 times; Been awarded the Certificate of Meritorious Conduct twice; Been presented Certificates of Appreciation 3 times; Been awarded the Medal of Merit twice; and Been awarded a Unit Citation 3 times. In addition, I have received: Regional Award for Outstanding EMS Administrator by the Western Virginia EMS Council; Outstanding Young EMS Responder Award by the Virginia Jaycees; Distinguished Service Award by the Fontaine Ruritan Club; Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition (via Congressman Morgan Griffith), for Outstanding and Invaluable Service to the Community; and Outstanding Firefighter of the Year by the Martinsville Exchange Club.
- Deputy Fire Chief at Martinsville Fire & EMS
19 years, 2 months at this Job
- Completed the Executive Fire Officer Program
- Bachelor's Degree - Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Associate Degree - Technical Studies – Fire Science
- Associate Degree - Emergency Health Sciences
Chief of Ward 5 Fire for 1 year Assistant Chief for 2 years before that.
- Fire Chief at Caldwell Parish Fire
- Store Stocker at Spotted Dog Sporting Goods
3 years at this Job
- High school
- High school or equivalent
Fire/EMS Operations Management
• Manages programs that meet the goals and objectives of the Fire Chief
• Provide operational management to station officers and personnel.
• Conduct annual review of personnel and work performance of employees.
• Respond to all emergency incidents as one of the various designated Incident Command Officers to establish and maintain the integrity of the Incident Management System (IMS)
• Proficiently apply firefighting strategy, tactics and techniques appropriately.
• Implement and reevaluate solutions that addresses identified programmatic problems and issues.
• Efficiently enforces EEOC laws, guidelines and regulations, policies and procedures with respect to equal employment, discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation.
- Assistant Fire Chief at Fire Service
- Communication/Patient Transfer Center Supervisor at MedStar Health
- Communications Specialist/Patient Transfer Coordinator at Medstar
- E911 Drive Test RF Engineer/Technician at MobileNet Services, Inc
24 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Fire & EMS Management & Operations
- B.S - Public Safety Administration
for Sioux Falls Fire Rescue, an internationally accredited, ISO
1, unionized fire EMS department with 210 members. Providing the clear vision and direction needed for effective fire, EMS, and emergency management operations. Major Contributions:
• Led SFFR from ISO 3 to ISO 1 rating in four years. Lowering community insurance rates by several million dollars annually. There are approximately 35 departments with both accreditation and ISO 1.
• Nationally recognized and credentialed with the prestigious Chief Fire Officer (CFO), Chief Medical Officer (CEMSO), and international MIFireE designations.
• Oversight of eleven fire stations, fifty emergency vehicles, and over $26 million operational budgets.
• Proven crisis leadership in large-scale incidents, including an actual mass casualty incident with over 100 patients and a multiple building collapse with trapped victims.
• Implemented the startup of the regional public access defibrillator program and leading it into one of the largest per capita in the country. Winner of several awards for excellence, including from Harvard University.
• Worked with union and city negotiation teams in new paradigm for a union / management relationship. Decreased contact negotiations from months to days.
• Previously, held rank of Division Chief of EMS overseeing all medical operations
• Started the Tactical Medic program and served as a medic and explosive breacher for Sioux Falls Police Department SWAT Team for 8 years. Certified as a reserve law enforcement officer. Involved in over one hundred SWAT incidents including active shooter, officer shootings, hostage situations, and high-risk warrants. Yearly training with members of the Los Angeles PD SWAT Team.
- Fire Chief at SIOUX FALLS FIRE RESCUE
- Commissioner at CENTER FOR PUBLIC SAFETY EXCELLENCE
- Columnist and Contributing Writer at Several Companies
- Training Facilitator at SIOUX FALLS FIRE RESCUE
34 years at this Job
- Senior Fellowship - Government
- Executive Fire Officer Program
- Master's - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Bachelor's - Nursing - Sigman Theta Tau
- Certificate in Human Resources Studies
Oversaw the operational side of the fire protection for Fort Huachuca U.S. army Installation. Assisted Fire chief with command and control for over 50 wild land fires. Assumed fire chief responsibilities in his absence.
- Deputy Fire Chief at U.S.Army
- Assistant Fire Chief Fire Prevention at U. S. Army
- Fire Inspector at U.S. Army
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Some college
Deputy Fire Chief - Operations: Fire Chief when Fire Chief is absent, budget preparation, Intergovernmental relations within State of Colorado and Garfield County, responding to Fire and EMS calls, Conducting Fire Inspections & Site Plan reviews for Town of Parachute and Garfield County within the Fire District, Handle day to day operations of Career, Part-time and Volunteer staff.
- Deputy Fire Chief - Operations / Paramedic at Grand Valley Fire Protection District
- Pressman at Duke Langford
- Firefighter/ Paramedic at Largo Fire Rescue
- Fire Chief Fred Golliner / Ops Chief Tom Malone at St. Pete Beach Fire Department
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Paramedic Certification - Para-medicine
I have a proven track record of success at understanding how to balance the needs your personnel and the needs of the company. I worked as the Fire Chief Caterpillar Inc. under contract with Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services Inc. (SCIS) I led a department and managed the business processes of 44 fire and EMS emergency personnel in an industrial and manufacturing process environment. I have 5 direct reports for our operational needs. We provide contracted fire protection and EMS transport services for Caterpillar Inc. in the Peoria, IL area. My duties include, but are not limited to managing safety of personnel, managing fire protection programs, rescue, and emergency medical services for Caterpillar Inc. I assume incident command of fire ground operations, coordinated operations with security, technical rescue, emergency medical treatment, hazardous materials incidents, and mass casualty events. I coordinate response with multiple outside agencies and function as the liaison between Caterpillar Inc., and those agencies as the subject matter expert for Caterpillar's facilities. I also manage fire prevention and hazardous materials inspections using the regulatory authority of the client, NFPA, International Building Code, OSHA, Federal, State, and local governmental ordinances. During my tenure as SCIS Fire Chief I have achieved an over reduction in overtime from over 5% of total hours worked to .03%. I have increased profit margins for SCIS through reductions in overtime, controlled spending, and looking into new ways to work more efficiently without reductions in services provided. I manage a budget of $2.25 million. I have implemented programs to increase safety awareness, reduce work related injuries, and equipment damage resulting in a 75% reduction in accidents over the past 4 years.
- Fire Chief at Caterpillar - Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services Inc
- Fire Chief at Benton Fire Department
- Station Captain at Military Crash Fire Rescue- Illinois Department of Military Affairs
- Firefighter ARFF at US Air Force / Air National Guard
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Fire Science
Recruit, manage, train (1) Assistant Chief, (5) Fire Captains, (3) Engineers, and (20) volunteer firefighters and (5) explorer junior firefighters.
➢ Sole discretion regarding multi-hundred-thousand-dollar budget
➢ (Successful) grant writing
➢ Primary hands-on experience re: fire inspections, investigations, fire prevention, public education, and plans review. Additional Designations: * Regional OES Coordinator, * Regional Emergency Preparedness Coordinator * Hazard Reduction Coordinator, * Fire Wise Community Leader and direct
- Fire Chief & Fire Marshal at Weaverville Fire District
- Volunteer Fire Chief at Shasta County Fire Dept
- Warehouse Supervisor at U.S. Foods
10 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Emergency Management & Criminal Terrorism
- Bachelors of Science - Fire Science & Emergency Management
- Associates Degree - Fire Sciences and Administration
All the duties of a Florida Certified Fire Chief including response to all emergencies as Incident Commander in a Department with 30 Volunteers and 21 F/T Firefighters. The private Community had a 4,500 ft. runway with private and Commercial aircraft traffic. Brought the Department from a low Class 3 to a high Class 3 within 4.75 points of a class 2 Department, Conducted all Fire training, CPR/AED as an Instructor, EVOC Instructor, Certified ARFF, HAZMAT, Confined Space, Dive/Rescue, Rope Rescue, and High Angle Rescue.
- Fire Chief at Ocean Reef Public Safety Department
- Captain at Nashville Fire Department
12 years, 9 months at this Job
- Assosciates of Science in Fire Science - Fire Science