Work part-time shifts during weekdays, on-call stand-by shifts, and respond to fire, EMS & Marine calls as a paid-on call-firefighter. Also recently assigned as the Town of Raymond Fire Inspector working part-time. Recently awarded the "Chief's Award" at the recent annual banquet.
- Firefighter / Fire Inspector at Raymond Fire Rescue Department
- Part Time CDL-A driver at A Duie Pyle
- Fire Chief at Oxford Fire Rescue Department
- Part Time CDL-A Driver at PAF Transportation
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- - CDL-A Driver School
- Certificate - Fire Science
- Some college
I have recently retired from the City of Chesapeake Fire Department after 31 years of service. During my time with the Fire Department, I have served as a Senior Firefighter (somewhat like a Sergent), Emergency Medical Technician, Hazardous Materials Specialist, Fire Inspector and Fire Investigator. I have exelent people skills, and can think quickly in difficult situation. I am a team player, and work well with others. I am also accomplished at completing assignments working on my own.
- Senior Firefighter/ EMT, Fire Inspector at Chesapeake Fire Department
- Senior Firefighter / Emergency Medical Technician at City of Chesapeake Fire Department
31 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree Applied Science - Fire Science
Career Overview Dedicated all of my adult life in making a career as a Professional in the Fire Service field. Excelling through the ranks and retiring as an Fire Inspector. While maintaining a full time job, I still managed to take on some other professional jobs, to include; Contracted Fire Marshal with a local city government, A Filed Representative for a nationally recognized company.
- Fire Inspector/ Fire Fighter at City of Palm Bay FD
31 years, 11 months at this Job
- some college - Police Science
● Handle Maintenance, Landscaping,
● Cleaning for entire property.
● Work Closely with Contractors, Fire Inspector, Insurance Inspector
● Work Closely with Board of Directors
● Recording daily maintenance activity.
● Mentoring inexperienced or new employees.
● Running an efficient repairs reporting system
- Fire Inspector, Insurance Inspector at La Playa East, Condominiums
- Customer Service Representative at Columbia House
2 years, 9 months at this Job
Responsible for inspecting public and private schools, public buildings, health care and child care facilities, nursing homes, condos, hotels, warehouses, and companies. Conduct inspections onsite. Inspect buildings and structures to identify potential fire hazards. Test fire protection systems. Including: pull stations, horn strobes, horns, strobes, smoke detectors, heat detectors, duct detectors, and elevator recalls. Fail or pass devices. Ensure buildings are in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards. Servicing and device repairs. Write up work-orders and file reports.
- Fire Inspector at Bass United Fire and Security
- Manager at Ave Maria Mobil Gas Station - Ave Maria
- Sales Associate at Cash Inn
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
- High School Diploma
-Aided in inspecting and repairing different types of fire alarm systems and devices -Hands-on learning of internal and external components of different fire risers -Aided in service and inspections of different fire sprinkler systems -Aided in service and inspections of different fire suppression systems (kitchen hoods, etc.) -Aided in service and inspections of fire extinguishers -Passed the fire extinguisher state exam -Demonstrated great customer service -Established and maintained professional working relationships with fellow co-workers
- Fire Inspector at Western States Fire Protection
- Sprinkler Fitter at AUTOMATIC FIRE PROTECTION
- Maintenance Technician at Drury Hotels
- Maintenance Technician at Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Make decisions dealing with procedures and policies of the department. Handle public complaints and provide code information to the public related to Re-testing. Enforce and abide the department's Rules and Regulations, General Orders, Standard Operating Procedures, and Fire Prevention Division policies. Conduct proficient fire pump, sprinkler, and fire alarm test. Assists with the inspection of job sites for compliance with all applicable codes and standards pertaining to the installation, testing and inspection of fire protection equipment and systems, and witnesses the required performance tests conducted by the installing contractor. Assist with the investigation and troubleshooting of problems related to fire protection equipment and systems as they occur in buildings. Inspects all types of construction, uses and occupancies for compliance with applicable codes; Checks for field conformance to approved plans; Investigates complaints against builders or property owners, and recommends corrective action when necessary. Receives/responds to inquiries from citizens, contractors, owners/developers regarding fire protection equipment and system requirements, installation status, permitting requirements, codes/standards, or fire inspections, etc.; Maintains records of completed inspections of and/or performance tests results on fire protection equipment and systems or routine fire inspections; Coordinates inspections with other County agencies (e.g., DPW&ES, Zoning, Health Department, etc.) as required Attend meetings and conferences/ Prepared clear and concise reports. Assist with the examination of plans prior to issuance of permits, and with permit issuance. Read and check structural drawings for all types of construction units.
- Fire Inspector at Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department
- Loss Prevention Officer at Marriott International Hotel
- Fire and Arson Investigator at Fire Prevention Division
- at Fire Prevention Division
8 years at this Job
- Associates - Fire
- - Criminal Justice
Install, test, and inspect with local ahj to install kitchen fire systems Perform annual fire extinguisher testing Perform quarterly, annual, and 5 year certification of fire sprinkler systems Present and explain fire code requirements and fire prevention information to architects, contractors, attorneys, engineers, developers, fire service personnel, and the general public. Identify corrective actions necessary to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to property owners or their representatives. Attend training classes to maintain current knowledge of fire prevention, safety, and firefighting procedures. Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found. Write detailed reports of fire inspections performed, fire code violations observed, and corrective recommendations offered. Inspect properties that store, handle, and use hazardous materials to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations, and issue hazardous materials permits to facilities found in compliance. Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards. Arrange for the replacement of defective fire fighting equipment and for repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible.
- Fire inspector at A&D Fire Sprinklers, Inc
- Fire inspector at Cosco Fire Protection Inc
- Fire inspector at FireWatch
3 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Professionally minded, with 6 + years' experience in the fire safety field. Inspection of fire extinguishers, disassembling, cleaning and reassembling back to operational conditions. Examination of exit signs and fire alarms. Looking to leverage my knowledge and experience into a valuable position in your growing company.
Strategic Connections - Raleigh N.C.
Entry Level Fire Inspector - 2016-2017
• Riser system inspections.
• Commercial and residential walk-throughs.
• Drained riser systems for testing.
• Reset the riser system in a safe and operational condition.
• Replaced damaged, or outdated sprinkler heads.
- Fire Inspector at Strategic Connections
- Entry Level Inspector at Infinity Fire Protection
- Inspector at Sparkey's Fire Protection Inc
1 year at this Job
- General Educational Development Diploma
Pub-Ed Coordinator Firefighter Paramedic Past EMS Coordinator Past CPR/1st Aid Coordinator
- Fire Inspector at Wood Dale Fire Protection District
- Fire Science Instructor at Elgin Community COllege
- Property Maintenance and House Inspector at International Building Code
- Firefighter Paramedic at City of Belvidere
17 years, 7 months at this Job