7180 Yeager Ave. Columbus Fort Benning, GA 31905 United States 09/2017 - 12/2018 Hours per week: 60 Series: 0081 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 8 Fire Inspector (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Conducted an information program and secured client involvement in fire prevention, detection, and suppression. Responsible for areas of an installation that involve hazards that are difficult to recognize and once identified require advanced, sometimes innovative methods to reduce or eliminate them. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of fire prevention techniques, manuals, regulations and local, State, and Federal fire prevention ordinances and building codes. Adapts standard fire protection practices, procedures, and techniques to local requirements and for application to potential hazards in highly specialized and technical operations and stay alert to new or unusual types of combustibles or other hazardous materials while recognizing conditions of high fire expectancy and severity. Conducts periodic and special inspections of principal high to low hazard buildings on post; such as airfield facilities, treatment plants, shop facilities, computer facilities, schools, fuel storage and dispensing facilities, motor pools, and warehouses in order to detect fire hazards and implement fire regulations with respect to compliance with prescribed methods and national fire codes and requirements peculiar to these types of facilities. Maintains a close working relationship with operating officials to enhance efforts to resolve difficult or controversial fire prevention problems. Uses tact and firmness in dealing with all levels of management in gaining acceptance of sound fire prevention practices. Coordinates established fire watch programs with designated building, facility, or installation program representatives and fire marshals. Inspects facilities prior to change of occupancy to determine if the new occupancy will increase fire protection requirements. Inspects family housing units upon occupant's request and command request. Makes visual inspections and correct deficiencies in a variety of installed systems many of which are complex and/or assigned for the specific operations and hazards such as wet and dry pipe sprinkler systems; deluge, pre-action, and water mist systems; dry chemical systems; carbon dioxide cascade systems; wet and dry pipe sprinkler systems; interlock systems; hood extinguishing systems, and Halon replacement total flood systems, to determine if they are operational, properly maintained, and adequate for fire protection and control purposes. Maintains a thorough knowledge of all alarm, detection, and suppression systems in order to conduct acceptance tests. Develops material and provides situational and classroom training in installation fire prevention activities. Conducts training of firefighters in basic fire inspection methods and fire regulations. Provides training to area/building fire marshals and post occupants on inspection and evacuation procedures, use of portable fire extinguishers, and proper fire reporting procedures and equipment. Conducts presentations and lectures on fire safety/prevention topics throughout the installation. Establishes fire safety programs for incoming personnel, child development providers, as well as children's programs including Fire Prevention Week activities, which involves teaching children about home fire prevention and emergency procedures. Reviews monthly fire inspection reports submitted by firefighters and/or area/building fire marshals. Follows through on major and minor deficiencies in reports to assure that necessary corrective actions have been or will be, taken. Where resolutions cannot be achieved, prepares reports for submission through command channels. Helps establish an inspection schedule and assists in determining the frequency of inspections. Maintains reports and records concerning the fire prevention program activities. Investigates new and unusual work and living situations to detect and eliminate fire hazards. Furnishes technical advice on fire prevention problems in answer to specific questions pertaining to national and local fire codes and directives. Provides coordination on the placement of new, and modifications to, emergency lighting systems. Regularly participates and coordinates with other fire prevention personnel and fire protection engineers and designers from the Army Corps of Engineers and the installation Safety Office in studying fire prevention problems and on fire prevention measures pertaining to new fire alarms and detection and suppression equipment. Gives guidance to electricians on sprinkler installation. Develops/writes fire prevention articles from actual fire incidents for the installation and submits for review and approval. Determines maximum occupant loads for places of assembly such as theaters, cafeterias, restaurants, mess halls, service clubs, etc., Supervisor: Steven Lowell (706-545-0283) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Fire Inspector at Benning Fire Department
- Fire Inspector at Peterson A.F.B Fire Department Peterson A.F.B
- Station Captain/ Crew Chief/ Fire Prevention Inspector at Hickam Field Air Base Fire Department
- Crew Chief / Telecommunication at Langley AFB Fire Department
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Fire Science
The Auburn Fire Department Fire Inspector is responsible for administering and managing many programs:inspection and enforcement of the Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Codes; and public fire safety education.
- Fire Inspector at Auburn Fire Department
- Fire Lieutenant at Auburn Fire Department
- Firefighter/EMT at Auburn Fire Department
- Owner and Operator at Stabinsky Masonry
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- NYS Code Enforcement Official - Code Enforcement Official
- NYS Fire Officer - First Line Supervisors Training
- NYS CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER CERTIFICATION LEVEL I - Code enforcement
- New York State Firefighter Certification - Emergency Response
- High school
Lead Fire Inspector in Fire Prevention Division. Conducts Life Safety Inspections for new and existing buildings. Conducts plans review for submitted building construction projects. Issues permits for sprinkler systems, fire alarms, and restaurant hood systems.
- Fire Inspector at Cleveland Fire Department
- Shift Commander at Tice Fire and Rescue
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
Firefighter and fire inspector. First responder first aid. Inspection of public buildings and lif hazard uses.
- Firefighter II/fire inspector at Monroe twp fire district 2
- Warehouse dock Supervisor at Couristan, Inc.
- Firefighter / Fire Inspector at
- Landscaper / Lawn Maintenance at
31 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Firefighter/fire inspector
Manage community based programs such as smoke alarm initiative, fire safety in the home and in the workplace, and emergency preparedness. Collaborate with department heads to create and implement policies and procedures to improve customer relations, streamline data entry, and improve overall efficiency. Manage and supervise team of inspectors. Provide public education on fire safety and prevention. Conduct safety training for contractors and building managers. Inspect residential facilities for licensed home occupations and child and adult foster care. Instruct fire inspector courses. Maintain Emergency Medical Technician Licensure.
- Fire Inspector at El Paso Fire Department
- Fire and Arson Investigator/Peace Officer El Paso Fire Department at El Paso County
- Firefighter at EMT-Basic
- Site Supervisor Pinkerton Security at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
- A.A.S - Fire Technology
First Responder District Inspector Sec/Treasurer Fire Fighter of the year Youth Firefighting Camp Chairman Purchasing Chairman Fundraising Chairman Chicken BBQ Chairman Internet/Public Relations Chairman
- State Certified Fire Inspector at Weyauwega Fire Department
- at Brown Swiss Cattle Breeders Association
- Noble Ruler (President) at University of Wisconsin River Falls
- Alumni President at Weyauwega Fire Department
17 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Conducts fire and life safety inspections and enforces code as required by Connecticut State Statutes. Deliver strategic, emergency medical, tactical suppression and other fire service related functions for the preservation of life, and property within one of the largest cities in Connecticut. Maintain accountability for equipment, apparatus, and departmental property. Demonstrate productive communication and interpersonal skills in relating with the public, colleagues, city officials and liaison functions with union rank and file members. Key Accomplishments: * Successful Grant Writing Experience Having Administered, Written and Obtained Several State and Federal Grants Totaling More Than $500,000 *Paramedic Field Instructor * Connecticut State Certified Fire Investigator/Fire Code Inspector * Connecticut State Certified Firefighter I and II * Connecticut State Certified EMT * Qualified On Suppression Pump Hydraulics and Truck Operations Apparatus * Hazmat Technician Qualifications / Incident Command Training * Former Executive Board Member and Recording Secretary for the International Association of Firefighters Local 825 Medal of Valor Recipient for Life Saving Rescue and Acts Up and Beyond the Call of Duty
- FIRE INSPECTOR- INVESTIGATOR-EMT at NEW HAVEN FIRE DEPARTMENT
- KEY ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at C&S WHOLESALE
- MARKETING/MERCHANDISER MANAGER at NEW ENGLAND FROZEN FOODS
22 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
Inspection of Fire Equipment such as, extinguishers, emergency lights, first aid kits, trauma kits, emergency eye wash and shower stations. Selling and installing fire equipment. Interacting with customers throughout the day.
- Fire Inspector at Fire Equipment Headquarters
- Detailer at Sullivans Automitive
11 months at this Job
- Technical School - Collision Repair
Inspect and test fire protection and/or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards. Systems tested are wet and dry fire sprinkler systems. Record any and all information of tests and inspections and report any failed tests. Provide service calls to fix any defective equipment if found during a test. Perform weekly fire pump runs to ensure proper performance of electric and fuel fire pump systems.
- Fire Inspector at Desert Fire Protection
- Fire Inspector at SimplexGrinnell ( Aerotek employee )
- Entertainment Technician at Nfinite Entertainment
- Beverage Runner/Busser and Banquet Server at Omnia Nightclub
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Class of 2008
Fire Inspector/Investigator December 2013 to Present
• Interacts with citizens, contractors, business owners and other City of Duncanville Departments on a daily basis, implements and oversees educational programming in schools by creating programs, and setting up fire department educational outreach centers at city and locally sponsored events in order to hand out safety information
• Maintains file system including inspection reports and fire protection acceptance testing
• Determines the operational readiness of existing fire detection and alarm systems and fire extinguishing systems within the City
• Verifies that businesses within the City are in compliance with applicable policies regarding Certificate of Occupancy and matching with Fire Department database
• Researches new safety educational programming as well as new fire safety products
• Interacts with City attorney in ordinance writing and implementation, attends regional and state conferences and training for fire prevention education
• Creates and implements PowerPoint presentations for fire safety prevention educational tools as well as firefighting inspection training
• Researches and applies for local and federal grants for fire safety/prevention programs and educational tools
• Performs re-inspections of outstanding fire violations noted from fire surveys performed by firefighters
• Interacts with software personnel in order to resolve software issues on distributed iPad for fire inspections
• Performs weekly Certificate of Occupancy inspections for new businesses in order to ensure building and fire safety before the building is occupied
• Verifies that entities have emergency planning and preparedness measures that are in place and have been practiced and documented according to state and local code
• Works with DISD personnel on many levels as far as building fire codes, safety issues, annual inspections, fire drills performance and documenting, and the implementation of fire safety educational programming
• Makes recommendations that impact the budget and assist on budget planning
• Identifies complex problems and reviews related information in order to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Performs inventory/property management evaluations in regard to fire safety and hazardous substance storage.
• Attends meetings with city planning/zoning and building officials on new construction projects to ensure proper fire code and protection issues are addressed.
• Attends local special events and city sponsored events to inspect for potential fire and life safety issues and determine resolve to ensure public safety.
• Assists Fire Marshal on fire investigations, witness statements, determining cause and origin, utility contacts and contact resources for assistance if needed.
- Fire Inspector/Investigator at City of Duncanville
- Emergency Medical Technician/Patient Care Tech at Methodist Hospital Richardson
- Firefighter/EMT/ Fire Inspector at City of Frisco
- Texas State Certified Fire Inspector at City of Frisco
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- - Business