• Responded in a timely manner as an on-call fire investigator for a city of 47,500 residents and commuters.
• Interviewed witnesses and potential suspects regarding the origin and cause of fire incidences.
• Prepared detailed written fire investigation reports with regards the origin and cause of fire and incidences.
• Conducted investigation to determine the origin and cause of fire or explosion incidences.
• Maintained technical fire investigation knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled trainings.
• Worked closely with Lawrence Police Detective in order to prepare case for arson cases.
- Fire Investigator at City of Lawrence Fire Department
- Firefighter/EMT-B at City of Lawrence Fire Department
- Office Services Assistant at Indiana University
- Building Manager at Indiana Memorial Union
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Liberal Arts
• 10 years fire service experience in suppression and training. (Byhalia Vol. Fire Dept.)
• 4 years fire prevention experience performing fire inspections, fire investigations, and fire education. (Olive Branch Fire Dept.)
- Fire Investigator at City of Olive Branch Fire Department
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Fire Administration/ Fire Investigation
- - National Registry Emergency Medical Technician
My duties include inspections of local businesses and residential areas. To maintain in comply with all ordinances set in place for the fire department. To conduct cause and origin investigations
- Fire Investigator at FISHERS FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Code Official at Department of Homeland Security
- Correctional Officer/OIC at Pendleton Juvenile Correctional Facility
- Hospital Service Tech (HST-1) at Universal Hospital Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General
Responsibilities Firefighter and Emt . Also a Hazardous Materials Tech. Fire Inspector. Fire Investigator Worked as Public Safety Officer for 15 years functioned as Firefighter and Police Officer simultaneously. Accomplishments Worked hard to be proficient as Firefighter, EMT, Police officer and Hazmat Tech. Fire Inspector and Fire Investigator. Also Instructor for Fire, Police and Haz Mat Skills Used Team work, Patience, compassion Customer Service.
- Firefighter/ Emt/Police Officer Fire Investigator at Southlake Fire Department
22 years, 7 months at this Job
- A.A.S. Fire Protection and Safety - Public Safety
- Fire Investigator at Independent Arson and Fire Investigation Consultant
- Criminal Investigator at San Mateo County Private Defender Program Investigator's Panel
- Deputy Coroner/Death Scene Investigator at San Mateo County Coroner's Office
- Criminal Fraud Investigator at California Department of Insurance
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Certification - Advance Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Certification - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Certificate - Criminal Investigation
Qualified to investigate fire scenes and explosions, locate the seat of the explosion or point of origin, determine the cause, collect and record samples for laboratory analysis
- Fire Investigator at Madison Hose Company
- Deputy Fire Marshal at Hamden Fire Department
- Firefighter at Madison Hose Company
- Firefighter at Hamden Fire Department
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- 120 credits towards Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
• Preformed origin & cause investigations on residential, vehicle, and commercial fire losses.
• Provided timely verbal and written reports to insurance clients for use in subrogation and other legal pursuits.
• Worked alone or with a team of investigators/engineers to provide quickest and most accurate investigative conclusions possible.
• Maintained client relationships through marketing.
• Ensured knowledge was current through continuing education courses (Approx. 200+ hours in two years).
- Fire Investigator at Unified Investigations & Sciences
- Evidence Technician at Unified Investigations & Sciences
- Assistant Manager at Mokka & the Sunset Bar & Grill
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Investigating fire scenes to determine cause and origin, observing and documenting the scenes, digging/sifting, obtaining and documenting evidence, creating diagrams of the scene, as well as operating a Mattreport 3D scanner/camera to produce 3D walk-through scans for further documention and evidence purposes.
- Fire Investigator Trainee at Forensic Fire Investigations
- Landscaper at Majestic Landscape
- Equipment Operator/Laborer at Olender's Excavating
- Skilled Laborer at Perron Construction
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Firefighter 1 Training Academy
- EMT Certification
CHANNAHON FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT JUNE 2003 - PRESENT Provide outstanding patient care in response to 9-1-1 calls and other emergency response situations. Assist with EMS CQI Acting officer in absence of shift officer
- Firefighter/Paramedic Fire Investigator at Channahon Fire Protection District
- Coordinator of Emergency Medical Services Continuing Quality Improvement at NORTHWESTERN MEDICINE - CENTRAL DUPAGE HOSPITAL
15 years, 7 months at this Job
- - PARAMEDIC EDUCATION
- Associates - Fire Science
Fire Investigator assigned to a fire investigation unit within the Colorado Springs Fire Department, Division of the Fire Marshal.
• Tasked with fire origin and cause determination on scenes where a questionable environment is found by responding crews. Regular duties include: Maintaining scene safety and protecting possible evidence from spoliation. Collecting evidence and following department protocol when transferring evidence, maintaining chain of custody. Interviewing witnesses and following up on information collected. Preparing detailed reports documenting systematic processes and data collection in multiple types of fire scenes. Utilizing a systematic approach and following the scientific method for fire investigation outlined in NFPA 921. Attending training in the fire investigation field to keep up with current accepted technics and processes in accordance with NFPA 1033.
• Trained in specialty areas such as: o Wildland Fire origin and cause determination - FI210 o Vehicle fire origin and cause determination – NAFI - CVFI. I am also tasked with duties as a Fire Code Inspector II o Responsible for Fire Inspections of new and existing businesses. o Inspections prior to issuing permits for events and special licenses. o Following up on referrals for violations reported by the public. o Writing reports in a way that they are understandable and clear to the customer and other inspectors; Increasing tracking and efficiency.
- Fire Inspector II / Fire Investigator at Colorado Springs Fire Department
- FireFighter/ EMT at Fort Carson Fire Department
- Fire Officer at State of Michigan
- FireFighter/ EMT at Hillsboro Fire Department
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BA - Criminal Justice
- Associate - Fire Science