Fire Lieutenant/EMT, responsible for all duties as a Firefighter/Supervisor and Emergency Medical Technician. I was the coordinator for our department's annual "Christmas for Children" Toy Drive serving disadvantaged children throughout my community for 15 years also having coordinated a fundraiser benefitting the CT. Children's Burn Camp Foundation over a five year period, having raised a total of $20,000 for the children's burn camp. I am also a certified Child Seat Restraint Technician through SafeKids of CT. since 2007. I am also a Personal Trainer certified through the ISSA having served as a peer trainer to my departments rank and file. I am also a personal trainer at Energy Fitness here in Torrington, CT. having provided personal training to clients who are members of the gym. My expertise is in conditioning training in relation to “Hiit” type training and clients who have never experienced working out in a gym type facility including beginners and novices.
- Fire Lieutenant at Torrington Fire Department
- Firefighter/EMT at Thompsonville Fire District
- Certified Fitness Trainer at International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Actor at SAG-AFTRA
21 years, 4 months at this Job
- BA - Public Administration
- AS - Fire Technology/Administration
- Certified Fitness Trainer(ISSA)
- - Acting Technique
- - Acting
- - Improv
Since October 2000, I was a Lieutenant responsible for the supervision and guidance of the personnel on a transporting rescue. It was my responsibility to insure the appropriate treatment and transport of any sick or injured person or persons. In addition, the periodic evaluation and counseling of my crew's performance was expected of me. Also, any fire incidents where I was the highest ranking officer, I was in the position to be the incident commander until an officer of higher or equal rank could assume responsibility of the appropriate actions to mitigate the emergency.
- FIRE LIEUTENANT at MIRAMAR FIRE RESCUE
- ADJUNCT EMS INSTRUCTOR at MIRAMAR FIRE RESCUE
- ADJUNCT EMS INSTRUCTOR at MIRAMAR FIRE RESCUE
- ADJUNCT ACLS AND PALS INSTRUCTOR at UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
22 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate in Science - Science
* Supervise engine company operations for medical emergencies, hazardous conditions and fire calls. Facilitate command role in the absence of a higher ranking officer. * Coordinate daily continuing education and training at a company level, as well as department level classes. * Supervise employees during station operations, including administrative duties of directing, planning and controlling departmental activities.
- Fire Lieutenant at Wallingford Fire Department
- Firefighter/Paramedic at
18 years at this Job
I have progressed through the ranks of the fire service, from firefighter to Lieutenant. Most recently as a training officer maintaining records and training individuals from the beginning of their career and throughout. I was responsible for scheduling and instructing other responders in the application of new equipment, and required continuing education as set forth by national agencies. Also, I was instrumental in development and delivery of classes to progress the department further. Lastly I have had the responsibility of writing new policies concerning such events as active shooter, influenza response, and Ebola epidemic outbreak
• Performed complex diagnostic and medical procedures, including, 12 lead ECG's, Patient exam and history taking, and patient education. Along with Intravenous access, drug dosage calculations, and patient treatments for many different and complex illnesses and injury.
• Accurately completed written and verbal reports on patient care to hospital emergency departments.
• Cleaned and performed general maintenance of fire equipment and fire stations.
• Cultivated close working relationships with other municipalities and governmental agencies to achieve approval for teaching and administrating the first Advanced Emergency Medical Technician class outside of a college or university.
• Oversaw credentialing activities for all employees, contractors and consultants, also was responsible for all continuing education throughout the department so all members retained their certifications and licenses on a yearly basis.
• Responded to citizens' complaints and requests for information and services.
• Responded to all inquiries from the general public in a prompt and professional manner.
• Gathered and analyzed data for studies and reports and made recommendations based on findings.
- FIRE LIEUTENANT/TRAINING OFFICER at CITY OF BIRMINGHAM FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
- STAFF PARAMEDIC at REGIOINAL PARAMEDICAL SERVICES
20 years, 4 months at this Job
- bachelor's degree in public administration - PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- associate's degree in fire science - Medical
- Associates Degree in fire science - fire science
- Fire Lieutenant at Memphis Fire Department
- at Memphis Fire Department
- Fire Apparatus Driver at Memphis Fire Department
- at Fire Private
17 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Operations Management - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Management - Finance
I currently supervisor 5-7 firefighter/paramedics a shift. I over see all daily operations.
- Fire Lieutenant at Pleasant valley fire district
- Fire Department Lieutenant at
16 years, 5 months at this Job
Command an Engine Company, Ladder Company or Rescue Company. Manage and assign daily fire house and apparatus duties. Maintain daily station log. Complete daily run reports for all responded incidents
- Fire Lieutenant at Plymouth Fire Department
- Probation Officer at Quincy District Court
- Correctional Officer at Norfolk County Sheriff's Department
16 years, 8 months at this Job
- AS - Fire Science
- BA - Criminology
Responsibilities Royersford Fire Department operates an engine, rescue, and ladder company, and covers the borough of Royersford and surrounding areas. I am employed as a firefighter/paramedic with the Royersford Fire Dept. We have two ALS ambulances that cover an area of approximately 20 square miles, with a total population of around 20,000 residents. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and handle approximately 3600 calls a year, between fire and ems calls. I am certified in Firefighter 1,2, Airport Firefighter, Driver-Operator Pumper, and ARFF, Fire Instructor 1,2, Fire Inspector 1,2, Fire Officer 1,2,3,4, Haz Mat Technician, Vehicle Rescue, Confined Space Rescue, and Swift Water Rescue. Skills Used Firefighting Hazmat Technician Paramedic Rescue Operations Fire Apparatus Driver-Operator
- Fire Lieutenant/ Paramedic at Royersford Fire Dept.
- Firefighter/Paramedic at Trappe Fire Dept.
- Paramedic at Northampton EMS
- Firefighter/EMT at Federal Firefighter, at Willow Grove Naval Air Station.
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Paramedic program GEM-EMI - Emergency Medicine (Valedictorian)
- - Management
- Aircraft / Structural Firefighter - Emergency Services
- - Marine Combat Training
- - US Marine Corp.
- HS diploma - Business
• Provided the highest level of customer service when called upon by the community.
• Maintained a very strong knowledge of firefighting principles and suppression methods, which enabled proper decision making in emergency situations
• Supervised and coordinated the tactical methodology used in resolving emergencies and other situations
• Directed the work of firefighters engaged in extinguishing fires and mitigating hazardous environment situations
• Developed the scheduling and coordination of shift staffing levels, changes, and activities
- Fire Lieutenant at Travis County Fire Dept
- Inside Sales Representative at High End Systems / Light Wave Research
15 years at this Job
• Responsible for response and supervision of firefighters and fire engineers providing emergency services including emergency medical care and Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) at McMurdo Station or South Pole Station in accordance with the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)
• Develop, perform and supervise training of Fire Department personnel and fire safety training for the community in addition to training PAE employees on safety guidelines and quality assurance
• Implements fire protection programs that conform to the United States Antarctic Program including operation of ASC contract locations and ensuring operational readiness of fire department emergency equipment
• Manage Fire Department personnel including personnel actions, management reports as well as responsible for pre-season and post-season written performance evaluations
- Fire Lieutenant at Antarctica Fire Department
- Operations Manager at Riverwatch Cinemas, Georgia Theatre Company
- Fire Lieutenant at Columbia County Fire Rescue
- Fire Engineer / Hazmat Tech PPE Officer at Columbia County Fire Rescue, Columbia County
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Fire Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Sciences