Dedicated professional, detail oriented and quality focused person trained in inspecting, repairing, and maintaining electrical and plumbing equipment
➢ Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and exceptional in the area of direct customer service Career Development Mercer Hotel, New York, NY Building Engineer & Fire safety Director December 2006-March 2011 March 2011-Present
➢ In charge of all building electrical and plumbing repairs
➢ Applying the necessary precautions and security measures of the hotel
➢ Sorting the tasks list as per similar activities and task priorities
➢ Performed maintenance and repairs of all electrical pumps, boilers, water heaters, and HVAC
➢ Maintenance and repair of all elevators in the hotel
➢ Assisted in troubleshooting and repair of phone lines
➢ Performing preoperative check-ups of the systems
➢ Maintained all power and hand tools
➢ Oversaw small crew laborers, ensuring quality of finished work
➢ Performed painting duties as well as various other small carpentry jobs
➢ Assisted in windows and appliances installations
➢ Assisted guest with TV, cable issues or any other quick repair needs while they occupied the room
➢ Helped maintain safe work environment
➢ Good communication and coordination skills
- Building Engineer & Fire safety Director at Mercer Hotel
- Handyman & Fire safety Director at Mercer Hotel
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Environmental Protection Agency
- - HVAC Course
- High School Diploma
Assist. Security Director
➢ Assist Director of Security of The Riverside Church, a 500,000 square foot property which consists of a Cathedral, an office building, a 28 story tower, a separate building containing a gym, a theatre, cafeteria, a early childhood school and several banquet rooms. It holds the world's largest operating Carillon and houses additional small chapels. There are also three Hoffman paintings onsite.
➢ Coordinate additional Security for special events with Secret Service, NYPD as well as private security detail when necessary.
➢ Attend weekly production meetings to coordinate with Event Manager Security needs for private events taking place throughout the Church.
➢ Perform all monthly Fire Drills for The Weekday School in evacuating approximately one-hundred and twenty-five (125) two (2) to five (5) year old children from the 6th & 7th Floors.
➢ Respond and Direct Fire Brigade regarding all Fire Alarms.
➢ Conduct FSP /EAP Warden, Brigade and Floor by Floor trainings.
➢ Maintain Log Books as well as inspect all Fire Safety equipment/devices for the facility monthly.
➢ Assist Social Services with Food Pantry, Clothing Pantry, Barber Training and Shower Project.
➢ Work with the Wedding Coordinator to implement a hospitality training program for the Security Staff.
➢ Coordinate street closings and assist NYPD in reviewing footage whenever necessary.
➢ Supervise and schedule staff of fifteen employees which monitor Two-Hundred-Twenty (220) cameras as well as twenty (20) entrances or exits.
➢ Recruit, hire and train new employees.
➢ Monitor emails, process payroll assist Allied Universal with billing for special events.
➢ Process and submit incident reports.
- Fire Safety Director at Allied Universal for The Riverside Church
- Security Guard at ABM Security Services
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Fire safety Directo
- Fire Safety Director at Loews Regency Hotel
- Fire Safety Director at W Hotel Time Square
13 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Psychology
Thurgood Marshall US Courthouse Currently, a fulltime Fire Safety Director providing building operations and maintenance services at the Thurgood Marshall US Courthouse. I work closely with a team of Engineers and Project Managers as one of two FSDs on the Command team. We ensure proper safety regulations, codes and procedures in conjunction with the board of Attorneys, Judges and US Public Officials.
• Attend bi-weekly board meetings with Project Manager, Attorneys and Judicial team.
• Managing this location's written fire safety commands to conduct fire and evacuation drills.
• Operate and respond to the fire command station Conduct, supervise, and evaluate plan, coordinate and conduct fire drills to gauge system readiness.
• Monitor elevator operations/emergencies. Watch for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unlocked
• Train all fire brigade personnel on fire hazards, fire drills, emergency procedures and all safety equipment Evacuate building occupants safely during a fire or emergency. Serve as a liaison between fire department and management.
• Inspected all equipment affecting fire suppression, including exit warning lights, extinguishers, keys, sprinkler heads, fire pumps, elevators and all applicable fire service testing periodically.
- Fire Safety Director at LB&B Associates Inc
- Founder/ CEO at A Village of Fathers, Inc
- Deputy Fire Safety/EAP Director at Allied Universal Corporation
- BT Kids Ministry Assistant at The Brooklyn Tabernacle
11 months at this Job
- Regents Diploma
•Assist FDNY inspector with annual/semiannual record keeping throughout the year
•Assist Venders with updates and organization of all building violation and up to code corrections
•Maintains and records keeping of all daily operating logs for the following; air conditioner units, radiator value, general complaints
•Assist in the development of all construction layout for the following; blueprint for framing, sheetrock, electrical, flooring of office space
•Conduct weekly/monthly inspection and record keeping log of all standpipe and sprinkler system
•Report work progress, physical problems, repairs status, etc.
•Completely understand the building life and safety systems and what the procedures are in an event of an emergency Certifications/ License:
•Active Shooter Certification
•Emergency Action Plan Director F59
•Fire Safety Director F58
• City Wide Sprinkler System S12
• City Wide Standpipe System S13 Accomplishments Coming to work with a smile every morning and leaving with a smile going home. Showed me true meaning and ability to have great communication with staff, tenants and visitors. Skills Used
• Framing, Sheetrock, plastering and painting, electrical, plumbing
• Operate freight elevator (safely and efficiently)
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities
- Building Engineer/ Fire Safety Director / EAP director at 303 5th ave
- Building Engineer/Superintenant at Meringoff properties
- Supervisor at BP Connect
14 years, 6 months at this Job
- Construction Management
- Fundamental of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing for Buildings
- - Facility maintenance
- Associate - Business management
- Diploma - Business Management
Serves as the Deputy Fire Safety Director in the absence of the Safety Director;
Assists the Safety Director in the planning, directing, and organizing of the operation of a twenty-four (24) hour security and fire safety program;
Assists with the orientation all new monitor staff;
On direction of the Safety Director, prepares staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage of each shift;
On direction of the Safety Director, develops and implements plans for ongoing staff training and skill development for all staff;
Assists in the oversight of all fire safety related matters including:
1. Evacuation procedures;
2. Fire Safety Plan;
3. Enforcement of rules and regulations;
4. Correcting violations;
5. Conducting and documenting fire drills;
Reviews and advises the Director of Safety on safety related policies and procedures;
Assists the Safety Director in the preparation and timely delivery of monthly reports, incident reports and all required documentation, including those required by the Fire Code of the City of New York;
Attends scheduled staff and supervisory meetings;
May be required to work weekends and night hours, and assume supervision of the Security and Fire Safety function in the absence of the Safety Director;
At the direction of the Safety Director, may advise personnel at other HELP USA sites on security related matters;
• Ensuring the orderly operation of the facility
• Ensuring the safety and security of the facility
• Conduct hourly vertical patrol.
• Conduct Monthly Fire Drill.
• Ensure all forms are signed and completed by safety Monitors and Supervisors
• Complete incidents report in DHS CARES database.
• Complete and send out Activities Sheet email to facility staff.
- Help Hamilton Safety Supervisor/ Fire Safety Director at
- Help Employment 107th Shift Supervisor 237 west 107st New York, NY10025 at
- women's center Assistant Supervisor at Help Brownsville
- at Utilizes Shelter
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Liberal Art
- DESC - French
• To respond to fire command station, to check the board status
• To make daily and monthly report to the management
• To inspect all fire equipment like fire extinguishers, standpipe, sprinklers, To activate fire brigade . To direct evacuation during any emergency . Emergency Action Plane Director
- Fire Safety Director at F.J.C Security Inc at HRA Facility
- Security Officer at Burns Securities
- Caseworker at Interfaith Medical Center
- Home Health Attendant at Quality Health Care
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associated Degree - Federal
Train fire safety directors and fire safety staff. Maintain logbooks for all inspections, test and maintained systems. Conduct fire drills, daily visual inspections and elevator monthly test. Assist lobby staff during events with access control and guest services.
- Fire Safety Director at Securitas
- Watch engineer at The Roosevelt Hotel
- Maintenance Technician at Hampton Inn by Hilton
- Fire safety director at Summit Security Services
8 months at this Job
- Associates - Business Administration
Conducted all actions regulated by the FDNY; while assisting with guest request and security issues. (E.g. Guest Re-entry into suites, Missing items Investigations, and Employee Incident Reports) Deployed as Deputy Fire Safey Director at Hotels: The London NYC Hotel- 151 W. 54st NY, NY 10019 The Cornell Club NY - 6 E 44st NY, NY 10017
- Deputy Fire Safety Director at Doyle Security Services Inc
- Security Supervisor at U.S. Security Associates, Inc
- Guest Service Associate / Booth Operations at AMC Theaters
- Security Officer at McRoberts Protective Agency, Inc
10 months at this Job
- Associate in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
• Conducted monthly and daily inspection of fire safety equipment on premises.
• Updated all fire safety logbooks and test fire command station for any defects during tour.
• Conducted fire drills as well as monthly elevator testing required by the fire safety plan on hand.
• Check Id's and as well check in guests visiting the property.
• Trained new hires also front desk of fire safety policies and procedures stated in the fire safety plan.
- Fire Safety Director at AKA Hotel
- Assistant Director of Security at C&C Management Company
- Supervisor/Fire Safety Director at Paramount Hotel
- Help Desk Technician/Fire Safety Director at Big Apple Hotel
2 years, 2 months at this Job