Position: Firewall Engineer L2 Functions and achievement: Provide Change, Technical support and Troubleshooting network devices, Firewalls CISCO ASA, JUNIPER (SRX, NETSCREEN, )
- Firewall Engineer L2 at IBM
- Firewall Engineer at Convergys
- Agent at Sykes/ Cisco Tac
- Technical Solution Representative at Hewlett Packard
2 years, 9 months at this Job
• Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of Palo Alto firewalls PA-7k, PA -5k and PA- 500 and PA- 200 firewalls.
• Managed and added new PaloAlto devices to Panorama.
• Implementing firewall rules using Palo Alto panorama, Checkpoint smart dashboard, Provider- 1 and Cisco CSM.
• Worked on Paloalto APP-ID, User-ID and other security profiles like Anti-virus, Threat Prevention, URL-filtering and Wildfire etc.
• Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewalls.
• Performing backups and upgrades from time to time on different type of firewalls mostly on Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewalls.
• Performed firewall migration from Cisco ASA platforms to Paloalto firewalls using Paloalto conversion tool
• Worked on extensively on troubleshooting multiple issues and driving Incident calls to resolution by doing packet capture techniques and performing other troubleshooting scenarios.
• Configuring and troubleshooting Access-lists, Service Policies, and NAT rules, Network Object Groups, Service Object Groups on ASA 5585 and 5505 Firewalls.
• Installing and configuring F5 LTM load balancer in Active-Standby mode and Creating Virtual Servers, VIP's and server pools based upon application requirements.
• Worked on the Bluecoat proxies for URL and content filtering solutions.
• Performing Firewall rule audit and Firewall policy optimization using Tufin analyzer tool.
• Knowledge of modifying and maintaining the bluecoat Proxy Pac files.
• Maintenance of Cisco ACS server - Authenticating, Authorization and Accounting for several Network Devices in the environment
• Working on trouble tickets in remedy ticketing system which comes to our queue.
• Participating in 24*7 on-call support and implementing changes in different time zones as per the client requirements.
• Working on Firemon for network security policy audit and PCI/DSS compliance audit.
• Continually monitor, assess and improve network security, test and implement new security technologies.
• Experience with LTM & GTM F5 component to provide high availability with providing services across datacenters.
- Firewall Engineer at CSX Corporation
- Network Security Engineer at Canon
- Network engineer at Bharati Airtel
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Engineering - Engineering
• Provided Cisco AnyConnect VPN support to clients via telephone and remote computer connection.
• Modified, added or removed rules on firewalls via GUI or CLI, firewalls included Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint and Cisco.
• Referenced firewall logs when troubleshooting problematic firewall changes.
• Managed ticket queue: responded to requests for assistance via telephone, email or instant message, and documented problems and resolutions.
- Firewall Engineer at DXC Technology
- Systems Administrator at Fairfield Electric Cooperative
- PC/LAN Specialist at County of Lexington
- Computer Lab Assistant at Midlands Technical College
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Telecommunications Systems Management - Spanish language
- Bachelor of Arts in French Language and Literature - French Language and Literature
- - French
* SME on Firewall Security Policies -SRX 5600/5800 Clusters and DC Consolidation. * SME on Load Balancer Policies and Datacenter Consolidation Implementations - 4 to 2 Consolidation * Juniper/Cisco/Fortinet/Sonicwall/F5/Netscaler Architect/Engineer. Consultant on Regulation Compliance. * Professional Services for Datacenter New and existing Implementations. * Advisor for Infrastructure Design and hardware refreshes for business objectives and future scalability. * Hardware Juniper SRX 5800/5600/3600's/Nexus 7-9K/Netscaler SDX. * Security and Fabric Implementation: TUFIN/Junos Space. * Security and Controls Auditor SOX Compliance. * Consolidated Firewall policies from 6000 to 1500 for services on 13 SRX 5800/5600 Clusters. * Merger and Acquisition - Financial company platform - Checkpoint to Juniper SRX Consolidation. * Diagram Zones and flows for Service optimization.
- Principal Firewall Engineer at NTAC FORTIS LLC
- Senior Network Engineer II at Finance of America Holdings
- Systems Network Engineer at INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY DISTRIBUTORS
- Director of Information Technology at THE CALHOUN SCHOOL
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Systems & Political Science
• Involved in the Design, deployment and configuration of Global data centers. Part of the Data center consolidation project in the AMER region.
• Acted as an L2 Technical approver for any changes made to the network which involved changes to the Switches, routers, firewall, Load balancers and DNS
• Hands-on experience Installing & configuring firewalls - Checkpoint NG & NGX, Cisco ASA (5500), Cisco Pix, ISA, and IP tables.
• Responsible for maintaining multi-vendor network environment including Cisco ASA, Juniper JUNOS, Fortinet firewalls, Palo Alto PA-200 and configuring different policies to provide connectivity.
• Experience working on F5 Load Balancing devices, specifically LTMs and GTM's. Experience in conducting upgrades, fail over, configuring pools and virtual servers and also managing certificates on the F5 devices.
• Migrated and implemented new solutions with Cisco ASA Firewall (5500) series.
• Provide technical expertise and support of network devices and security peripherals including Cisco routers and switches.
• Experience with Bluecoat Proxy servers, LAN & WAN management.
• Implementing security Solutions using PaloAlto Pa-5000/3000, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint firewalls R75, R77.20 Gaia and Provider-1/MDM.
• Extensively worked on Data Center switching technology including Nexus 7K, 9K and 5K and Catalyst switches.
• Adding Websites to the URL filtering blocklist in Bluecoat Proxies and upgrading firmware on the bluecoat proxies.
• Experience in configuring site-to-site VPN tunnels and MPLS between various site offices.
• Worked with the architects and application teams across the globe to ensure that the requirements are met according to the network architecture for the successful migration of the applications.
• Configure and administer network devices consisting of F5 load balancers, Bluecoat proxies, Juniper SRX's, PaloAlto Network Firewalls, and Checkpoint Firewalls
• Responsible for maintaining the IPAM, DNS, DHCP of the entire corporation using Infoblox.
• Involved in the re design of the DMVPN circuits for the internal networks of the company into MPLS.
• Responsible for configuring and maintenance of Core, Internet and Virtual routers.
• Designed, implemented, and managed network security countermeasures including firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems such as: Palo Alto, Pfsense, and Cisco's SourceFire.
• Experience configuring various networking protocols, specifically OSPF, BGP and EIGRP and also troubleshooting issues with the network.
• Experience configuring HSRP for maintaining redundancy of the network.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and analyzing root cause of major network outages and any critical issues involved with the network.
• Experience working with network monitoring devices like Solar Winds, Wireshark and Netflow for troubleshooting issues.
• Experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
• Experience configuring the switch ports, VLAN's, Port Security, STP and other technologies and troubleshooting as a part of Operations team.
• Implemented various EX, SRX & J series Juniper devices.
• Implemented site to site VPN in Juniper SRX as per customer.
• Configuring NAT policies, PAT, ACL's and route maps.
• Acted as a senior on-call network engineer during the cut over of applications as a part of consolidating the data centers.
• Responsible for mentoring juniors on various technologies to cope up to speed regarding change
- Firewall Engineer at Citi Bank
- Network Security Engineer at Swisslog
- Network Engineer at TX Coval Systems
- Jr. Network Engineer at Rpm2 Inc
1 year, 8 months at this Job
ATOS, ORLANDO, FL Firewall Engineer January 2017 – Present Maintained multi-vendor firewalls Palo alto 3k, 5k and 5k series firewalls, Checkpoint R77.30, R75, Cisco ASA 5540, 5585 firewalls with firepower. Implementing firewall rules using Palo Alto panorama, Checkpoint smart dashboard, Provider- 1 and Cisco CSM. Worked on Palo alto APP-ID, User-ID and other security profiles like Anti-virus, Threat Prevention, URL- filtering and Wildfire etc. Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewalls. Performing backups and upgrades from time to time on different type of firewalls mostly on Palo Alto, Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewalls. Performed firewall migration from Cisco ASA platforms to Paloalto firewalls using Paloalto conversion tool Worked on extensively on troubleshooting multiple issues and driving Incident calls to resolution by doing packet capture techniques and performing other troubleshooting scenarios. Configuring and troubleshooting Access-lists, Service Policies, and NAT rules, Network Object Groups, Service Object Groups on ASA 5585 and 5505 Firewalls. Installing and configuring F5 LTM load balancer in Active-Standby mode and Creating Virtual Servers, VIP’s and server pools based upon application requirements. Worked on the Bluecoat proxies for URL and content filtering solutions. Used SIEM tool called Splunk SIEM tool to analyze firewall logs and incident event analysis. Performing Firewall rule audit and Firewall policy optimization using Tufin analyzer tool. Working on trouble tickets in remedy ticketing system which comes to our queue. Participating in 24*7 on-call support and implementing changes in different time zones as per the client requirements. Gathering information and co-ordinate with business before we migrate checkpoint to Palo Alto firewalls. Working on Firemon for network security policy audit and PCI/DSS compliance audit. Experience with LTM & GTM F5 component to provide high availability with providing services across data centers. Experience using Nessus & Qualys Tool for networking discovery and mapping, asset prioritization, vulnerability assessment and tracking.
- Network Security Engineer - Firewall Engineer at ATOS
- Network Security Engineer at LTM & GTM
- Network Engineer at JUPITER COMTEX
- Network Engineer at THEMIS INFOTECH
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics & Communication
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Experienced working with security issues related to Cisco ASR 9K, Checkpoint and Juniper Netscreen firewalls.
● Responsible for design & management of Juniper Netscreen Firewalls, Juniper Switches, Cisco Switches.
● Provided 24x7 Cisco WAN resolution support and Change Management (CM) for an MPLS statewide IP/ATM WAN core backbone consisting of 6 NAPs, 13 POPs, and more than 150 end sites.
● Troubleshoots Different technologies problems involving to Cisco routers, Firewalls, APs, Switches, Fortinet and Meraki.
● Configured VSS, VPC and HSRP on Cisco Switches.
● Hands on experience with new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection.
● Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience.
● Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability Checking and configuring Cisco 7600 routers at data center for remote sites' issues.
● Knowledge of JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
● Working on Cisco 6500 and 4500 switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting LAN issues.
● Configuring Virtual Chassis for Juniper switches EX-4200, Firewalls SRX-210
● Expertise in physical infrastructure like structured cabling, IP address management, racking, stacking and Data Center concepts
● Managed Check Point Firewalls from the command line using Putty sessions. (cpconfig and Sysconfig).
● Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls via logs and packet captures.
● Configuration and Administration of Palo Alto Networks Firewall to manage large scale Firewall deployments.
● Firewall filtering and NAT, Adding and modifying the policies in juniper SRX.
● Advanced knowledge in installation and configuration of Juniper Netscreen Firewall.
● Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain varies load balancers including Citrix Netscaler.
● Configuring SRX devices and troubleshooting them, connecting them with Cisco nexus devices to test connectivity.
● Configuring VPN, clustering and ISP redundancy in Check Point Firewall.
● Migrated Firewall infrastructure from Checkpoint R65 to Netscreen ISG2000.
● Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification
● As storage administrator propose Implementation and management of ISCSI and SAS direct attached SAN storages.
● Load balancing Virtual IPs on F5 EBL (LTM and GTM) A10 EFL (SLB and GSLB).
● Supported the design, development and implementation of the Riverbed Steelhead and Interceptor architecture for WAN optimization.
● Asset management, keeping inventory of every device in the data center
● Backup and restore of Check Point and Cisco ASA Firewall policies.
- Firewall Engineer at Disney
- Sr. Network Engineer at Sheridan Health care
- Network Security Engineer at Arista Networks
- Network Engineer at
1 year, 6 months at this Job
LogRhythm SIEM Deployment, troubleshooting, repair, upgrade, and innovations. Remote and field firewall management and provisioning.
- LogRhythm/Firewall Engineer at NDM Technologies
- Network Analyst II/Cloud Admin at Noanet
- W7 Deployment Technician at Avista
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Information Technology
Create Active Directory GPO to deploy firewall agent on workstations, laptops, mobile devices Write and Run PowerShell scripts to extract users from groups into an csv file import to Cloud Active Directory sync tool Open and Configure security ports on Cisco ASA 5500 firewall Configure zScaler Cloud firewall web content filter Create new groups in Active Directory via PowerShell Configure two-trust between to different Active Directory Forest domains Setup zScaler Cloud Web Security Standards and Policies Manage Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 via VMware vSphere
- Cloud Firewall Engineer at GigIT
- System Engineer at Wells Faro Bank
- Cloud System Engineer at Neetek
- System Engineer at E-Technical Staffing Inc.
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Information System
TST IV - Security
• Recommends, plans, develops, implements, and maintains enterprise-wide network security solutions.
• Enforces policies and procedures to protect systems against intrusion and security compromises.
• Monitors firewall, anti-bot, anti-virus, application control, and IPS logs for security incidents.
• Analyzes, reports, and remediates observed security threats.
• Evaluates and implements firmware and OS upgrades of firewall appliances.
• Administers remote VPN access for end users.
• Establishes and maintains site-to-site VPN connectivity based on organizational need.
• Diagnoses firewall-related network access issues.
- Firewall Engineer, Lead at Duval County Public Schools
- Firewall Engineer at Duval County Public Schools
- Desktop Support Analyst at Murata Machinery USA, Inc
- IT Technician at Charter Schools USA
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - IT - Security