- Act as a subject matter expert for the customer's enterprise firewall solution. - Manage day to day firewall operations, implementing firewall rule requests, configuration changes, and code upgrades as needed. - Incorporate and follow all change management processes and procedures as outlined by the customer. - Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client firewall issues. - Participate in security and vulnerability risk assessments of the enterprise firewall environment.
- Firewall Engineer at Netsurion
- Valet Parking at Intracoastal Parking
- Sales Representative at Designer's Plumbing Studio
- Answered callers' questions if possible to avoid contacting off-duty staff at
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Associates of Arts - Computer Science
• Involved in the Design, deployment and configuration of Global data centers. Part of the Data center consolidation project in the AMER region.
• Acted as an L2 Technical approver for any changes made to the network which involved changes to the Switches, routers, firewall, Load balancers and DNS
• Hands-on experience Installing & configuring firewalls - Checkpoint NG & NGX, Cisco ASA (5500), Cisco Pix, ISA, and IP tables.
• Responsible for maintaining multi-vendor network environment including Cisco ASA, Juniper JUNOS, Fortinet firewalls, Palo Alto PA-200 and configuring different policies to provide connectivity.
• Experience working on F5 Load Balancing devices, specifically LTMs and GTM's. Experience in conducting upgrades, fail over, configuring pools and virtual servers and also managing certificates on the F5 devices.
• Migrated and implemented new solutions with Cisco ASA Firewall (5500) series.
• Provide technical expertise and support of network devices and security peripherals including Cisco routers and switches.
• Experience with Bluecoat Proxy servers, LAN & WAN management.
• Implementing security Solutions using PaloAlto Pa-5000/3000, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint firewalls R75, R77.20 Gaia and Provider-1/MDM.
• Extensively worked on Data Center switching technology including Nexus 7K, 9K and 5K and Catalyst switches.
• Adding Websites to the URL filtering blocklist in Bluecoat Proxies and upgrading firmware on the bluecoat proxies.
• Experience in configuring site-to-site VPN tunnels and MPLS between various site offices.
• Worked with the architects and application teams across the globe to ensure that the requirements are met according to the network architecture for the successful migration of the applications.
• Configure and administer network devices consisting of F5 load balancers, Bluecoat proxies, Juniper SRX's, PaloAlto Network Firewalls, and Checkpoint Firewalls
• Responsible for maintaining the IPAM, DNS, DHCP of the entire corporation using Infoblox.
• Involved in the re design of the DMVPN circuits for the internal networks of the company into MPLS.
• Responsible for configuring and maintenance of Core, Internet and Virtual routers.
• Designed, implemented, and managed network security countermeasures including firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems such as: Palo Alto, Pfsense, and Cisco's SourceFire.
• Experience configuring various networking protocols, specifically OSPF, BGP and EIGRP and also troubleshooting issues with the network.
• Experience configuring HSRP for maintaining redundancy of the network.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and analyzing root cause of major network outages and any critical issues involved with the network.
• Experience working with network monitoring devices like Solar Winds, Wireshark and Netflow for troubleshooting issues.
• Experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
• Experience configuring the switch ports, VLAN's, Port Security, STP and other technologies and troubleshooting as a part of Operations team.
• Implemented various EX, SRX & J series Juniper devices.
• Implemented site to site VPN in Juniper SRX as per customer.
• Configuring NAT policies, PAT, ACL's and route maps.
• Acted as a senior on-call network engineer during the cut over of applications as a part of consolidating the data centers.
• Responsible for mentoring juniors on various technologies to cope up to speed regarding change
- Firewall Engineer at Citi Bank
- Network Security Engineer at Swisslog
- Network Engineer at TX Coval Systems
- Jr. Network Engineer at Rpm2 Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Experienced working with security issues related to Cisco ASR 9K, Checkpoint and Juniper Netscreen firewalls.
● Responsible for design & management of Juniper Netscreen Firewalls, Juniper Switches, Cisco Switches.
● Provided 24x7 Cisco WAN resolution support and Change Management (CM) for an MPLS statewide IP/ATM WAN core backbone consisting of 6 NAPs, 13 POPs, and more than 150 end sites.
● Troubleshoots Different technologies problems involving to Cisco routers, Firewalls, APs, Switches, Fortinet and Meraki.
● Configured VSS, VPC and HSRP on Cisco Switches.
● Hands on experience with new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection.
● Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience.
● Experience in configuring Fabric path and good knowledge of spine-leaf architecture.
● Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability Checking and configuring Cisco 7600 routers at data center for remote sites' issues.
● Knowledge of JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
● Working on Cisco 6500 and 4500 switches for LAN requirements that include managing VLANs, Port Security and troubleshooting and Tuning LAN issues.
● Configuring Virtual Chassis for Juniper switches EX-4200, Firewalls SRX-210
● Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on various Cisco routers and switches.
● Expertise in physical infrastructure like structured cabling, IP address management, racking, stacking and Data Center concepts.
● Implementation of traffic filters on Cisco routers using Standard and Extended Access Control Lists.
● Managed Check Point Firewalls from the command line using Putty sessions. (cpconfig and Sysconfig).
● Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls via logs and packet captures.
● Configuration and Administration of Palo Alto Networks Firewall to manage large scale Firewall deployments.
● Firewall filtering and NAT, Adding and modifying the policies in juniper SRX.
● Advanced knowledge in installation and configuration of Juniper Netscreen Firewall.
● Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain varies load balancers including Citrix Netscaler.
● Configuring SRX devices and troubleshooting them, connecting them with Cisco nexus devices to test connectivity.
● Configuring VPN, clustering and ISP redundancy in Check Point Firewall.
● Migrated Firewall infrastructure from Checkpoint R65 to Netscreen ISG2000.
● Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification
● As storage administrator propose Implementation and management of ISCSI and SAS direct attached SAN storages.
● Load balancing Virtual IPs on F5 EBL (LTM and GTM) A10 EFL (SLB and GSLB).
● Supported the design, development and implementation of the Riverbed Steelhead and Interceptor architecture for WAN optimization.
● Asset management, keeping inventory of every device in the data center
● Backup and restore of Check Point and Cisco ASA Firewall policies.
- Firewall Engineer at Disney
- Sr. Network Engineer at Sheridan Health care
- Network Security Engineer at Arista Networks
- Network Engineer at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Condensed 13.5 Terabytes of raw syslog data to just under 100 Gigabytes - a 93% reduction.
• Wrote AWK scripts to sort, unique, and hit-count connections in 20 Cisco ASA Firewall contexts.
• Created Access Control Lists that matched the connections that were gleaned from the above work.
• Implemented the ACLs in a log-only mode for later deployment in the production environment.
• Participated in weekly client and engineering calls to complete the above project.
- Firewall Engineer at Kaiser Permanente
- Senior Architect at IBM Cloud Services
- Senior Architect, Wave Broadband at
- Sr. Solutions Design Engineer at West Corporation
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering - physics
• Palo Alto installation, configuration, administration, monitoring and implementing the policies, Palo Alto, 3060, 5060, and 7050.
• Palo Alto design and installation (Application and URL filtering, Threat Prevention, Data Filtering)
• Work on Checkpoint Platform including Provider Smart Domain Manager and worked on configuring, managing and supporting Checkpoint Gateways
• Maintained, configured, and installed Cisco ASA 5520 Firewall.
• Palo Alto upgradation and degradation
• F5 configuration, installation and monitoring with F5 APM
• Utilized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDS / IPS), sniffers and malware analysis tools.
• Configuration of OSPFv3, BGPv6 on Juniper M and J Series Routers.
• Configured VLAN trunking with Palo Alto interface
• Maintained, configured, and installed Cisco routers and switches: 7500/catalyst 6500/RV320/2960/catalyst 3550/12410, 12816, 1204 series, Nexus 7k and 5k, WLC, and ASA 5540
• Configured routes on Palo alto firewalls 3060, 5060, 7050
• Palo Alto user-identification implementation with KIWI server's user Palo Alto user-id agents.
• Configuring TACACS, LDAP, and RADIUS for Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls
• Integrating Panorama with Palo alto firewalls, managing multiple Palo Alto firewalls using Panorama.
• Palo Alto App ID migration from the legacy-based port rules for PA 5060, 7050
• Palo Alto SSL decryption installation and configuration on PA 3060, 5060, and 7050
• Managed multiple security devices to protect the Enterprise's network - Vulnerability Scanners, Malware Detection, Intrusion Detection; Host based Firewalls, SIEM, Web Application Firewall, Cisco UCS.
• Working with F5 Load Balancers for LTM and GTM type load balancing between multiple centres.
• Palo Alto integration with VMware Virtual Desktop infrastructure and SIEM tuning and log analysis of alerts.
• Configure NSX firewall for VMware Virtual Desktop infrastructure
• Monitoring for VMware Virtual Desktop infrastructure and integrating Palo alto firewall with Active directory for user-identification.
• Installation of Palo alto user-id agent on Active directory.
• Migrating URL filtering policies from Bluecoat to Palo alto.
- Firewall Engineer at Dell
- Network Engineer at Amazon
- Network Engineer at Verint Inc
7 months at this Job
Firewall sustainment engineer with experience support in service systems for a global network
● Ensure continued operation and maintenance of a system with managed risk
● Technical surveillance of critical safety items, approved sources for these items, and oversight of the design baselines
● Configuration of security polices and changes to active devices as needed to permit access to network systems
● Troubleshoot network connections across complex global network
● Stand up new systems and be point of contact for system migrations from legacy network to upgraded network space where firewalling and security systems are concerned
● Configure Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ASA's, Cisco 3750, and 4500 switches at both layer 2 and layer 3
● Track work through Remedy ticket system and maintain accurate notes detailing all steps taken * Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP) * Access Control Lists * Palo Alto Firewall PA-4050 * Palo Alto Firewall PA-2050 * Palo Alto Firewall PA-5050 * Cisco Switch/FWSM 6500-E * Cisco Switch 3750 & 4500 * Cisco ASA 5500 Series Firewalls
- Network Firewall Engineer at Nexgen Data Systems Inc
- Pre/Post Sales Engineer at Spec Cisco
- PC Technician and Audio Technician on a by project basis at Stress Free Audio Visual
- IBM Contractor at Pomeroy IT Solutions
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Wrote, designed and produced team firewall upgrade procedures.
• Was instrumental in upgrading over 500 firewalls as well as hardware replacement and removals.
• Point of contact for all firewall upgrades and replacements.
• Trained and managed 12 firewall engineers and achieved significant improvements in their firewall upgrade success rates.
• Over 99.99% successful OS upgrade and replacement of security hardware worldwide.
• Reviewed completed programs to ensure that goals were met.
• Evaluated work load and capacity of all firewalls within the Sabre/AA/DTAG/US Airways environment.
• Saved HP from several $100,000 penalties by meeting upgrade timelines.
• Submitted plans to user for approval.
• Represented my team on numerous change calls with the end customer.
• Purchased and maintained vendor hardware.
• Conduit to access-list conversion and testing.
• Added access-lists, statics, routes, interfaces to all firewalls when needed.
• Maintained the test lab environment.
• Proof of concept configuration on various networking appliances.
• Any to any rule removal.
• Conversion of Cisco Pix to Cisco ASA platform.
• Lifecycle management and coordination.
• Configuration and implementation of multi-context firewall switch modules.
- Firewall Engineer at EDS/HP Enterprise Services
- IT Engineer at The Computer Doc/GDH Consulting
- SECURITY SPECIALIST at The Computer Doc/GDH Consulting
- IT Network Engineer at The Computer Doc/GDH Consulting
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Technology
- Associate of Applied Science - Microcomputer
● Design and build multiple Firewall management platforms for Cloud and On-Prem environments.
● Provides day to day support for firewall engineering and operations tasks. Perform level 3 on-call technical support for a Federal Agency, Firewall Engineering and Operations team; including assisting peers with issues and escalation.
● Supports the implementation and ongoing operations of network access control devices to include firewalls, web proxies, and SSL VPN devices.
● Build and configure solutions in the development, test and production environment; including documenting the security infrastructure and design.
● Manage problems, maintain vendor relationships, and assist operation with vendor escalation and issue resolution.
● Facilitate device refresh of network security devices with a focus on capacity, manageability, and security of new and existing security infrastructure.
● Design, deploy, and support enterprise class Cisco firewalls, AT&T firewalls, and SSL VPN devices.
● Complex troubleshooting to include network protocol and log analysis, raw data captures, and the correlation of disparate events spanning multiple devices and platforms.
● The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited management oversight.
● Prioritize and re-prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Firewall Engineer at ZENETH / SBA
- Linux Systems Administrator at VITAL NETWORKS GROUP
- Telecommunication Technician at NETSPHERE
- Project Coordinator at ECOMIZE
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - COMMUNICATIONS
TST IV - Security
• Recommends, plans, develops, implements, and maintains enterprise-wide network security solutions.
• Enforces policies and procedures to protect systems against intrusion and security compromises.
• Monitors firewall, anti-bot, anti-virus, application control, and IPS logs for security incidents.
• Analyzes, reports, and remediates observed security threats.
• Evaluates and implements firmware and OS upgrades of firewall appliances.
• Administers remote VPN access for end users.
• Establishes and maintains site-to-site VPN connectivity based on organizational need.
• Diagnoses firewall-related network access issues.
- Senior Firewall Engineer at Duval County Public Schools
- Firewall Engineer at Duval County Public Schools
- Desktop Support Analyst at Murata Machinery USA, Inc
- IT Technician at Charter Schools USA
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BS - IT - Security
• Install, configure and maintain Palo Alto firewall with PAN OS of 7.1.14 and Checkpoint R77.30 Gaia.
• Experience working extensively on panorama to manage several Palo Alto firewalls
• Configure and administer security rules and policies to either permit or deny user traffic based on company's security policies on checkpoint and Palo Alto firewall.
• Analyze logs and make necessary network report using panorama, smart view tracker, smart view analyzer and smart reporter.
• Experience with enterprise level integration of User-ID, App ID, URL, Threat and Wildfire
• Experience on policy clean-up for regulatory and audit compliance
• Configure Palo Alto and checkpoint firewall to authenticate users based on user identity, user group, session and client PC Authentication.
• Experience with checkpoint multi-domain servers (MDS)- provider1
• Proficient in troubleshooting various traffic issues in both check point and Palo Alto firewalls
• Configure virtual routers, zones, interfaces and static routes in Palo Alto firewalls.
• Configure HA clusters for check point and HA for Palo Alto firewalls for redundancy
• Manually fail-over in both checkpoint and Palo Alto firewall to test high availability
• Provide technical support to customers on daily basis.
• Ensure standards are maintained for firewalls and other network devices.
• Assist and collaborate with other engineers within the team on different projects.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
• Hands on experience with back up, upgrade and restore on both check point and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Firewall Engineer / Administrator at Delta Airlines
- Network Security Engineer at AT&T
- Network Engineer at Rotary Outsourcing
10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Mechanical Engineering